PDA

View Full Version : my first NC2 experience =)

extract
01-12-04, 20:03
well after buying an account off ebay, I downloaded and patched NC2....logged on..

first impressions:

cool hud thing....
my FPS are ALOT better...
whats this free mem? and why do I only got like 4MB free? whats the minimum req and recommended ram? i currently have 256MB(im sure this will be a problem)
I have that new to game feel again....like the very first time I ever played NC1, cause i dont really know anyone again, and everyone is a potential enemy =D

all in all I have a really great impression of NC2 so far, although all these threads here lately would strongly disagree with that...

oh and I already had my first FRE...just like old times baby woohoo

however Im sure thats prolly attributed to my low mem available(hopes, as thats an easy fix)

Tratos
01-12-04, 20:21
Theres currently a memory leak in the DX9 version of the game, when i say "a memory leak" its actualy quite a few, some of these which contribute to the whole effect have been fixed and there has been various fixes for memory leaks over the time from release, im sure eventually the memory leaks will be squished out but it takes time, these memory leaks will be what your problem is, as they eat your memory and so the client grinds to a halt and FREs, i personaly very rarely have random FREs but instead most times i alt tab, when i maximise the game again it FREs.

Im glad you like the game, im loving it but dont get much time to play on evenings :(

Hope my explanation helps a little.

Terkantia
01-12-04, 20:24
Um, nobb quetion. . .

FRE?

And I know when someone resonds, ill feel like a dodo ( :rolleyes: ), but go ahead and flame with the appropriate answer if you like.

retr0n
01-12-04, 20:35
FRE = Fatal Runtime Error

- Primate

naimex
01-12-04, 20:50
whats this free mem? and why do I only got like 4MB free? whats the minimum req and recommended ram? i currently have 256MB(im sure this will be a problem)

2 5 6 mb ram o_O

i got a gig, and if i had more money, i would buy atleast a gig more...

but i would say, 512 minimum to run nc properly.

Terkantia
01-12-04, 21:25
FRE = Fatal Runtime Error

- Primate

DOH!

Yeah, that makes way to much sense . . .

LOL!!

notneo
01-12-04, 22:58
haha wait till u have the black sync of death

LiL T
01-12-04, 23:17
first 256 ram as naimex pointed out is very low :\ 256 is bare minium to run winxp also you might want to set your vitual memory higher to around 2500 MB. This seems to slow the process for a while at least in other words it takes neocron longer to eat your memory