PDA

View Full Version : Should the Deadline be Extended to transfer chars?

darkservent
01-12-04, 15:28
Ok following on from the 1 slot server post which the comments spoke out more than the polls. I came to the conclusion that KK should extend the deadlines for the char transfer. And when I mean extend I dont mean by just one month I mean a good 2 months after the boxed version and marketing in the UK and US has happened. Its the most KK can do as this C2P is borked (and unlikley to be solved by the deadline) and that some people cant seem to afford NC right now at this time.

Make Your votes and comment and as usual stick to the topic at hand please.

As a note the deadline is 31st december 2004.

NaKoth
01-12-04, 15:31
Agreed.

Bugs Gunny
01-12-04, 15:31
Shit i forgot about that, i have achar still loaded with pa's sitting there, and i have no char i wanna delete right now.

Terkantia
01-12-04, 15:42
yes, absolutely.

Anfd here here for a one slot eng server!!!

MaGn0lia
01-12-04, 15:51
I don't see any reason for KK to delete the charaters from the database yet, since most of the people have more chars than they have slots on the one server they currently have up, they should be deleting the charaters AFTER they provide the servers with slots where we can transfer our charaters.

It's bad thinking from KKs side to think that one 4 slot server is enough since some/most of us have up to 7 chars on one account. Do they mean that they are just going to delete the charaters we played and not to mention PAYED to play, its several hundreds of dollars worth of data there. After all it's payed property, it's not like kellogg's can just walk in to your home and take your cereal just because they don't make them anymore.

Capt. Rik
01-12-04, 16:07
Damn, didn't know about the deadline. I guess it's coming up for decision time about whether i'm gonna play this game again

darkservent
01-12-04, 16:14
Make it 5 stars if you really wanna get there attention. :lol: :lol:

garyu69
01-12-04, 16:32
When is the deadline?

I still have 2 more chars to get across but can't until after xmas when my student loan comes through.

darkservent
01-12-04, 16:40
When is the deadline?

I still have 2 more chars to get across but can't until after xmas when my student loan comes through.

Read my first post dude.

garyu69
01-12-04, 16:42
ahhh just missed that bit.

31st though, thats bad. My loan doesn't come through until the 10th Jan :'(

EXTEND EXTEND EXTEND!!

Tyranny
01-12-04, 17:04
Damn I didn't know there was a deadline....

Do I bite the bullet...

I was thinking about the new year maybe but ... I guess its crunch time!

30 days to comply... was hoping things would have sorted themselves a bit more before I did i.e. Mem leaks etc..

Oh well I guess I'll be back Saturday... I would buy every one a kron beer .... but i will be skint losing all money in transfer!!

Tyr

P.S. Venom any room for a little ol' monk??

Yay for me 100th post!

Spermy
01-12-04, 17:11
I got A LOT of chars to transfer,

I won't be doing so until C2P sort thier act out. If I miss the deadline, then I miss the deadline. Not going to ask for an extension, but wuld hint @ KK for some kind of contingency if issues with C2P continue through christmas.

Bugs Gunny
01-12-04, 17:53
ahhh just missed that bit.

31st though, thats bad. My loan doesn't come through until the 10th Jan :'(

EXTEND EXTEND EXTEND!!

You're loaning money to play NC ??????
Man, talk about an addiction :-)

Spermy
01-12-04, 18:01
You're loaning money to play NC ??????
Man, talk about an addiction :-)

Student loan dude.

;)

borl
01-12-04, 18:17
Make it 5 stars if you really wanna get there attention. :lol: :lol:

Pray to whichever diety you believe in if you want to get their attention.
*sets to 5 stars anyway*

dark_reaper
01-12-04, 19:35
damn still need to cap character

BradSTL
01-12-04, 19:39
I can't be bothered to care about character transfer, because Reakktor can't be bothered either to fix the character transfer process or to deal with issues related to broken transferred characters. I migrated both of my two highest level characters. Both of them got irreparably screwed up. Tech support turned me down on fixing both of them, which is why now both of them have been deleted at are being rerolled. So why put myself, or anyone else, through the aggravation?

(eXo) Opaleye
01-12-04, 19:56
We can only hope that KK and 10tacell have their heads on straight and realize that there are alot of, dare I say it, SMARTER PLAYERS from NC1 that are waiting for the game to be what it should be before they start paying hard earned money to play it. And even some that while as eager as I am to play and are paying to help beta NC2 are holding off on activating additional accounts.

Not that it probably matters, but, my vote is that they wait till there is 3 months of time from final release in their last targeted market before they start the deletion of ANY previous account information.

But then I am just a single player hoping the game becomes a wild success.

Jesterthegreat
01-12-04, 20:00
at least until NC2 is officially released in UK, preferably til its released in US too.

02-12-04, 17:05
I can't be bothered to care about character transfer, because Reakktor can't be bothered either to fix the character transfer process or to deal with issues related to broken transferred characters. I migrated both of my two highest level characters. Both of them got irreparably screwed up. Tech support turned me down on fixing both of them, which is why now both of them have been deleted at are being rerolled. So why put myself, or anyone else, through the aggravation?

I just hope they fix the transfer tool before they nuke the transfer database - I quit because could only transfer 1 character (well I _could_ have transfered the others.......If I'd have wanted them all to suddenly become Male Psi Monks!!!!!!)

I'm still waiting for Tech Support to tell me its fixed so I can come back......something tells me thats not going to happen.

Drexel
04-12-04, 00:15
What fucken deadline ?

Jesus, this is just like a putrid fart that you dont think can get any worse, yet somehow it does.

They cannot possibly consider deleting characters until the game is officially fucken released (& a german release dont count). ffs thats the fucken dumbest thing yet, i live in Australia, ive got a few characters waiting for the asian release so i will ping alot better.

fuckit, Wow has an Australian server, maybe its time.....