PDA

View Full Version : ok so asia gets there own server in asia???

Shame
01-12-04, 12:33
and everyone else gets to play on servers in germany from other countries is that what the sticky BY Holger Nathrath means?????????????

jernau
01-12-04, 12:35
Correct. "Asia" is not one country btw.

Nidhogg
01-12-04, 12:38
That's because the Asian concern is nothing to do with KK - it's a completely separate entity.

N

naimex
01-12-04, 12:40
That's because the Asian concern is nothing to do with KK - it's a completely separate entity.

N

like the french :p

Nidhogg
01-12-04, 12:43
like the french :p
No, not like the French. A.D's world is hosted on KK's servers so there's a closer tie there. KK have an agreement with A.D but I believe that it's 10T that has the deal with the Asian group.

Either way, it's still good news for KK.

N

naimex
01-12-04, 12:46
No, not like the French. A.D's world is hosted on KK's servers so there's a closer tie there. KK have an agreement with A.D but I believe that it's 10T that has the deal with the Asian group.

Either way, it's still good news for KK.

N

oh my mistake, i always thought the french had a server in france, paid by Alchemic Dream, and that was why they had their own slight changes to rules, and own gms (which also very well could be because of the language).

but just to make sure, I donīt mean to offend the french at all, I just thought they were run independently off KK.

LTA
01-12-04, 12:53
oh my mistake, i always thought the french had a server in france, paid by Alchemic Dream, and that was why they had their own slight changes to rules, and own gms (which also very well could be because of the language).

but just to make sure, I donīt mean to offend the french at all, I just thought they were run independently off KK.near enough are think they just lease the server and that cuts it for kk and lets AD do whatever they want serverwise.... still they do a good job ....

well when i can understand wtf is happenin lol

i dont think the asian server will be massively different from Pandore cuz they still cant alter the game itself just have a more local server for their masses that might/we hope will play :p

Edit : Also if kk code some fishing into the game you will instantly get about 10000 asians playing just to fish, they do on ff, they will on wow, that Fishing game on the ps2 was one of the biggest sellers in japan...

Fishing = win tbh :p

Capt. Rik
01-12-04, 12:56
I was reading in a UK PC magazine yesterday that over 60% of the population of South Korea have played DaoC at sometime 8|

Seems like a good market to tap...

LTA
01-12-04, 13:16
so we going to get some kickass kungfu code from asia?
Spose could help some nice Asian software group spot nc and think yeah that looks cool they could do with a hand in some areas let us help... or something :p

I think kk really should let ppl of the forums help, they don't have to give em masses of code n stuff or they could but strictly nda em etc and sue their pants of if they breech it.
Lot of talented people within this community with many skills from coding to modling etc so why not let some help? i know theres the ph34r of h4x but i dunno someone hacking kinda stands out a mile away and with the state of somethings i think ppls help would useful for you and free at the end of the day since ppl would help here or would be happy to help nc in general.

Get a lot more content models etc etc

netster
01-12-04, 13:39
Either way, it's still good news for KK.N
so we going to get some kickass kungfu code from asia?

darkservent
01-12-04, 15:22
So does that mean the Asia servers will NOT show up when we login.

Nidhogg
01-12-04, 15:27
My understanding is that you won't see their server(s) and they won't see ours - they are completely separate.

N

darkservent
01-12-04, 15:35
Ok so if we were to find out there IP try loggin into there server will that work or will they have a brand new launcher and and extra security measures to stop us from gettin in.

naimex
01-12-04, 16:56
My understanding is that you won't see their server(s) and they won't see ours - they are completely separate.

N

so theres no way for us to have kung fu people on our servers ?

and no way for us to invade their servers ?

wheres the fun in that ?

for all of us... and them ?

jernau
01-12-04, 17:35
Ok so if we were to find out there IP try loggin into there server will that work or will they have a brand new launcher and and extra security measures to stop us from gettin in.
I would assume that if the login servers are on different continents and run by different companies they won't bother synching them.

darkservent
01-12-04, 17:46
Does it also mean that they dont take on KKs patchs when released and do they create there own patchs???

Tratos
01-12-04, 17:49
Does it also mean that they dont take on KKs patchs when released and do they create there own patchs???

Interesting thought.....not to dis KK but the asians might end up with a better game O_o

Jesterthegreat
01-12-04, 19:50

i dont think so, although its possible.

anyway nid said he thought that we wouldnt show up on each others, not hes sure.

/me waits on official word on whether or not they get their own login server too... in which case we arent likely to play together