PDA

View Full Version : need new comp

mr bobo
30-11-04, 21:48
whats a good comp that is cheap and upgrade able any help would be nice

krynstone
30-11-04, 22:14
To be honest...you should build your own. It will save you tons of money over the long run. And in that case it does involve a lot more research into what components you want etc, but believe me...it's worth it. I know you probably were seeking to avoid looking around yourself but building your own is the way to go. www.pricewatch.com www.newegg.com www.ebay.com are all good places to start looking.

mr bobo
30-11-04, 22:31
ok ill look into it thx for the idea

Vithar
01-12-04, 00:15
Thread moved.

V

giga191
01-12-04, 00:19
To be honest...you should build your own. It will save you tons of money over the long run. And in that case it does involve a lot more research into what components you want etc, but believe me...it's worth it. I know you probably were seeking to avoid looking around yourself but building your own is the way to go. www.pricewatch.com www.newegg.com www.ebay.com are all good places to start looking.
If I import stuff from the US to the UK would it be cheaper than to buy it from the UK. Any secret taxes or anything that you need to pay?

SilKK
01-12-04, 21:45
yeh cheaper to import and no tax's

LOST
01-12-04, 22:42
you DO have to pay import duty on electrical goods from the US.

unless you have family or friends out there that can afford to send a big box through the mail system as a gift. technically its just more to post and no duty. But is illegal.

Edit: sorry i'm assuming your in the UK...just coz i am, everyone else should be :)

giga191
02-12-04, 00:35
you DO have to pay import duty on electrical goods from the US.

unless you have family or friends out there that can afford to send a big box through the mail system as a gift. technically its just more to post and no duty. But is illegal.

Edit: sorry i'm assuming your in the UK...just coz i am, everyone else should be :)
Oh well...most of them don't ship to the UK anyway

mr bobo
02-12-04, 00:52
lol im in the us so even cheaper shipping maybe

Jesterthegreat
02-12-04, 03:59
www.ebuyer.com tends to be good... has a warehouse in manchester or something, can offer next day delivery anywhere in the UK from what i remember.

darknessfairy
02-12-04, 11:48
www.aria.co.uk is where i get all my stuff. love the place i really do