PDA

View Full Version : epic issues

epij
30-11-04, 19:35
i dont know if this happens to other epics as well, but it seems that the quests where you have to loot an item off some mob are pretty much faulty.

because the epic system somehow tracks the kill of the NPC, NOT if you have looted the desired item, which can result in an completly broken epic when you kill your NPC but are not able to loot him because of death. like happened to me at crahn epic when i killed the mob in crystal caves and right before i could loot, the bats got me. i got the 2nd crystal from catlock bay however and it told me "mission objective successful". woohee, but the NPC at the ancient village doesnt want to talk to me, cuz he obviously awaits 2 crystals with me. now what ?

yes, this is a rare occussion, but has to be taken into consideration.

Rexel
30-11-04, 19:38
go back to the first one and kill & loot again.

BlackDove
30-11-04, 19:47
Nope. It won't work that way.

You have to abort mission and start all over again.

Morganth
30-11-04, 20:09
Nope. It won't work that way.

You have to abort mission and start all over again.

Bollocks. For my Crahn epic I killed the Psi Spider and looted the poison gland BEFORE speaking to the NPC telling me to do so, just to see how the missions work.

As long as you have 2 crystals (they are just duplicates of the same item) you can complete that part of the mission, so you can always kill the same NPC twice as the "Mission Objective Completed" thing is just to show you that you are on the right track.

BlackDove
30-11-04, 20:10
Psi Spiders are just about the only exception to that rule.

I'm right, I know.

Dirus
30-11-04, 20:12
This issue is known, and a solution to it is being worked on. For now the only way around it is to restart the mission.

Keep in mind when a fix for having the mission is blocked by not having the item, you'll most likely end up getting penalised in someway to continue, as 99% of the cases are like yours where its an error on your part and not the mission it's self. Yes not making sure you won't get killed by other players/npc's is an error on your part :p So is throwing away any items you have left over from a mission, especially you guys *points to the TS runners..*

epij
30-11-04, 20:30
Yes not making sure you won't get killed by other players/npc's is an error on your part :p

that's a joke right ? :wtf:

restarting the crahn epic at this point it absolutly NO option.

LTA
30-11-04, 20:30
Keep in mind when a fix for having the mission is blocked by not having the item, you'll most likely end up getting penalised in someway to continue
I killed the Warbot at emmerson for the chip and got the right click bug then thought mission done heh but nah i got penalised for nothing and had to restart it all to get a microchip :(

GR MONEH REFUND!!1oneone

[VP]Orion
30-11-04, 20:40
restarting the crahn epic at this point it absolutly NO option.
Noone said you had to restart the whole epic, just that particular mission you are on now.

epij
30-11-04, 20:56
Orion']Noone said you had to restart the whole epic, just that particular mission you are on now.

thnx you just saved my day :)