PDA

View Full Version : patchy or no patchy ((KK LOOK AT ME))

Frotto
30-11-04, 17:38
17 day since the last patch... how many more til we get one? KK i understand if its just not finished, but atleast update us on stuff. We know jack shit at the moment, and with C2P going on an expiration spree, lack of updating, and annoying ass recent buggs (i.e. apt key bug, drone hud bug) that has yet to be resolved, it is getting very difficult to convince myself to even log on... Come on, can we hear something?

Frotto

Seven
30-11-04, 17:54
Maybe they are on Vacation..

plague
30-11-04, 18:00

vacation....do they ever work? lol j/k

Xylaz
30-11-04, 18:01

Aye, Christmas is coming along with the New Year, so they are probably packed already.

But no worries, we'll gladly wait untill January. Most people cannot play anyway due to c2p, so it doesnt really matter.

Mr Kot
30-11-04, 18:05
Jeez, ever heard of "No news is good news" ?

Maybe they're taking time testing and re-testing to see if they've got it spot on. Maybe they're checking, double checking and triple checking that there are no more "missing items".

We should be giving them credit for quality control and proof reading etc, rather than pestering them to rush out a half finished job.

Good things come to those who wait.......

Terkantia
30-11-04, 18:08

Maybe they're taking time testing and re-testing to see if they've got it spot on. Maybe they're checking, double checking and triple checking that there are no more "missing items".

We should be giving them credit for quality control and proof reading etc, rather than pestering them to rush out a half finished job.

I concur. It has been said that the dev dept is working with their counterparts for the asia release.

Darth Slayer
30-11-04, 18:09
I think they are all busy teaching those delightful Asians how to play the game and how to not set up servers and how not to patch and........ :lol:
I say let some of the Asians on our servers or at least let us on theres...... :)

Scorpius.

Xylaz
30-11-04, 18:13
I think they are all busy teaching those delightful Asians how to play the game and how to not set up servers and how not to patch and........

Scorpius.

and... how to make people unable to pay for the game... Yeah it'll be a hard lesson for those asian economists, so let's give them more time...

Dribble Joy
30-11-04, 18:13
It used to be months between patches in NC1, don't expect anything else with NC2.

Frotto
30-11-04, 18:19
DJ... when this much is borked... i expect atleast a statement if not immediate action. 2 weeks and no fix on anything? i would gladly accept a patch every 3 days, very small,

Patch 122 -- Fixed apt keys, now you can show it off to your friends w/o giving them your key.
Patch 123 -- Removed invisible walls @ zone lines that blow up your gliders when you slam into them at full speed
Patch 124 -- you get the picture... instead of trying to WOW us with a bunch at once, make us happy with what we've got by making it work correctly. I didnt realize that was asking too much.

Seven
30-11-04, 18:31

Yes, but with KK silence most often always means bad news.

I concur. It has been said that the dev dept is working with their counterparts for the asia release.

That ended the 29th.

Hallo again -

From Monday on (29.11) we will deal with the Hacknet and all connected things.

here a short summary of what is coming up:

-Optimized OP-Hacking
-a little graphical polishment for the Hacknet
-The appearance of the players in the Hacknet will change
-6 New Rare-Items (among other things there will be 3 completely new wepon models)
-Data fragments, that (combined correctly) result in the Blueprints for the new Rare-items
-3 new Hacknet-weapons
-Multilevel Hacknet-Quest in DOY and NC
-Pheonix will be attached to TechHaven and will feature a huge "boss-enemy"
-Hack Dungeons, which you can access by entering new entrances placed in the citys (around 50 of them)
-general hacknet-fixes (Enemy-strength, Weapons ect.)

So much from me. If you have any suggestions (realistic ones!), i will think about them.

No offense mate, but you HAVE to be new around here. :lol:

If they did do all that, this game wouldn't be a mess and we've been waiting over two years. ;)

Chess -
30-11-04, 18:31
Rofl... you people really don't know what's going on do you....?

People at KK are all playing WoW atm :lol:

SorkZmok
30-11-04, 18:45
yeah, Wheres That Damn Implant Drop Fix??!?!?

Darth Slayer
30-11-04, 19:04
Smacks Kid upside the head. Calm down....... :lol:
Anyways most of the higher ups must be away as Iorghes doing the announcements..... :eek:
Anyway Kid keep raiding FA sector hopefully I'll catch you there on my own next time we meet......... :D
You can pwn my ass........... :lol:

Scorpius.

jernau
30-11-04, 23:21
Someone email them a savegame from the end of HL2 and see what happens. ;)

athon
30-11-04, 23:48
Magic 8 Ball says: Ask again tomorrow

Athon Solo

Sakletare
30-11-04, 23:55
I'd like to know what Reakktor was doing the last week without patch in the drone theme week. Did they work on the drones like they said they would? Why didn't there come a patch at the end of the theme week if they were?

Ascension
01-12-04, 00:20
Right.. so :wtf: Patch.. lol fix imps? damn thats annoying..

aKe`cj
01-12-04, 00:25
I'd like to know what Reakktor was doing the last week without patch in the drone theme week. Did they work on the drones like they said they would? Why didn't there come a patch at the end of the theme week if they were?

I guess the process of patching itself is quite time-consuming & not something you like to put your sys through more often than necessary... we all know what side-effect patching has had in the past (at times)...

Why didn't there come a patch you ask?
..for good reason I believe. KK reads the forums, KK notes everyone being pissed about the current bug-state & missing patch/hotfix. They'd be outmost stupid to protract the patching w/o important issues at hand, that make them do so. They'll patch as soon as circumstances allow it...

... and having talked to circumstances, I am confident we wont have to wait that much longer ;)

..err no, I've got no clue myself ..all I say is: When its ready (TM)

(eXo) Opaleye
01-12-04, 21:24
If KK is reading what we are posting here then I am glad to offer my suggestions to them - but TBH we are all just farts in the bathroom to them.

And you know farts are just little annoyances that feel good at the time and dont get shit done.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seven
02-12-04, 01:05
If KK is reading what we are posting here then I am glad to offer my suggestions to them - but TBH we are all just farts in the bathroom to them.

And you know farts are just little annoyances that feel good at the time and dont get shit done.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, but the smell must be getting unbearable by now. :p

Jesterthegreat
02-12-04, 04:15
drone week done and dusted...

i still cant drone without a blob of blu tac stuck on my monitor.

they said it was fixed... i assume we are waiting for a patch for it to be fixed ingame?

makes drone week kinda pointless for anyone in DX7 and some people in DX9