PDA

View Full Version : Press Release: 10TACLE closes extensive distribution deal with Atari

___T-X____
30-11-04, 16:04
I hear Atari are to distribute NC2 in the UK and other countries, is that true/what do you know ?

P.S. Any chance of changing Hacknet to Space Invaders or Frogger ? <3 Atari

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/6929/atari-logo.jpg

http://img120.exs.cx/img120/7414/frogger_t.gif

Iorghe
30-11-04, 16:43
<note> I just translated it to the best of my knowledge, as anyone here knows german nor english are my mothertongue</note>

Darmstadt, 29th November 2004. Publisher 10TACLE STUDIOS AG also relies on a competent distribution partner outside the German borders for their portfolio. With Atari by their side, the group around CEO Michele Pes, finally found an attractive affiliate. The base of their cooperation is an extensive distribution deal , that relates to the 10TACLE-titles "GTR"(PC) and "Neocron2"(PC). Within the cooporation between the two companies, Atari will be responsible for the distribution of the 10TACLE products in the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, BeNeLux, Israel and Greece. The release of both titles are planned for Q1 2005.

Michele Pes, CEO 10TACLE: "For the distribution of our products in the aforementioned european countries, we have been looking for a partner, which besides an excellent position in the market also possesses the necessary distribution power, to get our products on the shelves in stores across Europe. With Atari, we finally found the partner that is capable of doing so."

Revslad
30-11-04, 16:47
hehe big up the atari crew :D :P

anyways it sounds good, nice one iorghe, hopefully this time around it will be a sucess

BlackDove
30-11-04, 16:50
That Big "UP" coupled with your sig is priceless.

Oh well, let's just hope this time around the deal goes smoothly.

Omnituens
30-11-04, 16:57
lets hope it works.

QuantumDelta
30-11-04, 17:04
At least someone cares about the international community.

Thanks Iorghe ;)

Maester Seymour
30-11-04, 17:14
Thx for the update, Iorghe ;)

Lets hope all goes well..

Mr Kot
30-11-04, 17:17
10TACLE closes extensive distribution deal with Atari

So as the current hackscreen is based on an old C64 game, will Atari insist that the new hackscreen become a version of Pac-Man ??? :lol:

The release of both titles are planned for Q1 2005.

So November 30th, then :D

naimex
30-11-04, 17:27
So November 30th, then :D

firstly @Mr Kot :

*SLAP*

Does that mean that Atari will be publishing the boxed version for all those countries listed..

and isnīt there a possibility for them to maybe increase productivity, to make it early 1st Quarter of 2005. ?

Conduit
30-11-04, 17:36
Sounds pretty good. Nice work :)

EDIT: What about the US? I don't see any mention of the American market in that statement.

f33StNeu$
30-11-04, 17:47
Since all the countries mentioned are in the european region i'm guessing that another partner will be sorted for the distribution withing US border...

Anna
30-11-04, 17:49
/me wubs iorghe
<3

plague
30-11-04, 17:59
i say fix the goddamned game first ....ffs

Original monk
30-11-04, 18:00
atari, intresting

Darth Slayer
30-11-04, 18:12
SEX @ Iorghe, but only in a platonic kind away........ :lol:

Scorpius (Iorghe Fanboi).

amfest
30-11-04, 18:38
heh . .I'm waiting for all the people's countries that weren't mentioned to go ...wtf about us!!

Glad you're taking your time to make sure it all works out instead of rushing and it becoming crapola. Although the bad side to this is if something DOES go wrong after taking so much time ;)

Genty
30-11-04, 19:42
For some reason I saw this comming (although i expected for the next expansion pack :D)

Atari ---> Irata

Conisedence?

phunqe
30-11-04, 19:46
*looks for Rob Hubbard* :p

Sounds a bit weird with Atari at first, but who can resist that name :p

"Neocron 2 - distributed by Atari"

Omg... I seriously wanted to hump the screen there :D

Morganth
30-11-04, 19:55
*looks for Rob Hubbard* :p

Sounds a bit weird with Atari at first, but who can resist that name :p

"Neocron 2 - distributed by Atari"

Omg... I seriously wanted to hump the screen there :D

Hopefully now we will actually see a decent attempt at advertising NC2. Would be cool if it was on the TV/in cinemas :p

phunqe
30-11-04, 20:00
Hopefully now we will actually see a decent attempt at advertising NC2. Would be cool if it was on the TV/in cinemas :p

If I ever see a TV or Cinema spot for NC2 I will cry.
Seriously... like a girl...

It will be like the end of that movie UHF with Weird Al... When the technichian says something about "Well it appears my work here is done. I can now return to my home planet of Zargon" and he disappears in a beam of light. I would feel that satisfied and accomplished :p

Morganth
30-11-04, 20:06
If I ever see a TV or Cinema spot for NC2 I will cry.
Seriously... like a girl...

It will be like the end of that movie UHF with Weird Al... When the technichian says something about "Well it appears my work here is done. I can now return to my home planet of Zargon" and he disappears in a beam of light. I would feel that satisfied and accomplished :p

My response would probably be along the lines of "damn are they gonna get a shock when they get in game and meet all the Saturn players" :lol:

phunqe
30-11-04, 20:18
My response would probably be along the lines of "damn are they gonna get a shock when they get in game and meet all the Saturn players" :lol:

Lol... I see a o_O peeking from behind your shoulder there. We better get back on topic :p

Did anyone find an english version of the pressrelease yet? There should be one since it's public and concerning a company distributing outside Germany.
Been to lazy myself however, might be a contributing factor...

EDIT: I think Genty is on to something btw... I think someone at 10tacle worked for Atari at some point and wasn't MJS pals with them for a long time? :D

Jesterthegreat
30-11-04, 20:36
Atari ---> Irata

8|

hmm... could be good news.

however maybe the free trial on pc zone should have been just before nc2 was actually released in the UK? im no marketting wiz but it seems to me that people being able to buy the game they trialed in the shops is a good thing :D

MrChumble
30-11-04, 20:50
Well this is cause for cautious optimism. It doesn't take much checking to see that Atari are a publisher who know what they're doing. This really is the news I'd been hoping for but not expecting. Q1 2005 is a bit of a pain in the arse, means yet another 2-4 months of low server pops, but at least there's some light at the end of the tunnel again.

The enthusiasm is tempered by the fact that as it is just now NC2 has some serious (but fixable!) problems. Hopefully the delay will be used to address these, finally.

Jesterthegreat
30-11-04, 20:53
i assume its not possible to make up a nice batch, and some decent adverts before christmas?

cos i would imagine quite a few parents will be shopping for some xmas gifts for their kids (note: its not only 10 year olds that live with their parents :p)

LOST
01-12-04, 00:08
i love atari...you guys are great...until you make a step wrong....then i 'flame' :D

coolage...welcome all you newbs - hope you stay long enough to enjoy us, and don't flee in terror for your lives.

Morganth
01-12-04, 00:16
I really hope they at least get some advertising going for Xmas, even if its not going to be ready for then. Or an early release would be nice.

cos i would imagine quite a few parents will be shopping for some xmas gifts for their kids (note: its not only 10 year olds that live with their parents :p)

Something tells me the topic of Saturn players will come up again :lol:

Mr_Snow
01-12-04, 00:22
Hopefully they will do better then they did with horizons.

naimex
01-12-04, 01:04
For some reason I saw this comming (although i expected for the next expansion pack :D)

Atari ---> Irata

Conisedence?

OMG, didnt even notice that...

so thats how space invaders came to be...

The Atari, an ancient civilization came to earth, and introduced "Space Invaders" from their own experience from earlier bombardments of earth.

Recent beliefs indicate that the Atari are the native inhabitants of Irata III, which explains why there has been no word from the people that went there...

ALL THE PIECES ARE COMING TOGETHER NOW !!!

ATARI IS GONNA TAKE OVER THE WORLD WITH NEOCRON !!!

SEX

Jesterthegreat
01-12-04, 01:32
I really hope they at least get some advertising going for Xmas, even if its not going to be ready for then. Or an early release would be nice.

Something tells me the topic of Saturn players will come up again :lol:

i was more trying to steer away from the "kids" word, but there was no other word that fitted in with "parents buy their xxxx presents at christmas" while talking about their... kids :)

some of the people i get along with most in nc still go to school... being an ass is not dependant on your age :)

naimex
01-12-04, 01:35
i was more trying to steer away from the "kids" word, but there was no other word that fitted in with "parents buy their xxxx presents at christmas" while talking about their... kids :)

some of the people i get along with most in nc still go to school... being an ass is not dependant on your age :)

^^

you cant really classify it by who goes to school and not..

just think of medical students... they are what.. 28 years old when theyre done with school...

Jesterthegreat
01-12-04, 01:39
^^

you cant really classify it by who goes to school and not..

just think of medical students... they are what.. 28 years old when theyre done with school...

im talkin like 13-15 year olds though :p

personally all of the old venom lot are 19-21

-Demon-
01-12-04, 03:12
Just a little note...hope all the guys posting the Space Invaders link know that Atari back in the day and Atari now are two completely seperate entities.

The Atari name was brought out by a group of investors a couple of years back imo.

Still they have published some good games over the years...didn't they do one of the Quake games 2 or 3. Plus a few others I remember.

Hope this works out well for KK...probably I will not be around to see it thought :(

Dribble Joy
01-12-04, 03:21
Not only that, but Atari US and atari Europe/Ger are also completely separate companies.

jernau
01-12-04, 04:30
Just a little note...hope all the guys posting the Space Invaders link know that Atari back in the day and Atari now are two completely seperate entities.

The Atari name was brought out by a group of investors a couple of years back imo.

Still they have published some good games over the years...didn't they do one of the Quake games 2 or 3. Plus a few others I remember.

Hope this works out well for KK...probably I will not be around to see it thought :(
Indeed, they are Infogrames. It's Unreal, not Quake though.

@KK - Congrats, this is very good news.

naimex
01-12-04, 04:39
itīs a fake Atari ???

O_o O_o O_o

Copying another runner's name with the express purpose of gaining personal advantage or harassing the original.

i would think impersonating a well known, retro game publisher/developer goes under this aswell...

BAN THEM !!! :lol:

Jesterthegreat
01-12-04, 09:21
itīs a fake Atari ???

O_o O_o O_o

i would think impersonating a well known, retro game publisher/developer goes under this aswell...

BAN THEM !!! :lol:

meh... atari sold out, infogrames bought the name to sell shit better... [ edited ]

just care about the end result (big name, income) and the rest doesnt matter

Darth Slayer
01-12-04, 14:52
But it does help......... :p

Scorpius.

Bugs Gunny
01-12-04, 15:01
I generaly get along best with people that have seen "the dukes of hazard" :-)