PDA

View Full Version : DoY Bots and Guards

superfresh
30-11-04, 15:31
Been floating around doing epics. Knocked out PP and BT, and have just switched to CM. I noticed that DoY Bots are red, and yet don't attack. I go into DoY and am greeted with "Die scum!!!" by the guards. :)

I haven't hung around long enough to see if they attack. But I should mention I've also spent a lot of time hunting DoY bots. Are the guards hostile to CM? I was sure I saw other Mercs in DoY at some point...

Genty
30-11-04, 15:34
They shouldn't be hostile but perhaps they smell a traitor.

Omnituens
30-11-04, 15:35
CM is neutral to all except TG.

that includes DoY bots and guards

netster
30-11-04, 15:40
I moved from Proto to TG with my PPU and did the CM epic after my proto one ... doy guards are red to me, but they didnt shoot at me.

superfresh
30-11-04, 15:42
Does that mean I can continue to hunt the bots? Wasn't sure since there used to be those "invisible" sympathies, like the periodical "you have gained sympathy with insects." Bugs loved me.

FatDogg
30-11-04, 16:31
I'm FA and the guards are red to me...

Mr Kot
30-11-04, 17:42
I remember something like this from Beta.

My char was crahn there, with good crahn and FA symp, but very bad BD and TG symp. The DoY guards threatened me too but didn't shoot. Does this mean that the DoY guards have a BD or TG faction affiliation? Or is there an invisible "DoY" sympathy? Perhaps from killing a lot of DoY bots? I think this has been mentioned before and denied by KK, but for something that "doesn't exist" it seems to show all the symptoms.

When i was CM for epic in NC1 (having been pro city) the DoY bots were red too, but i can confirm that u can freely sex them without getting shot :D

It seems that once in a clan, this obliterates any guard's detection of your sympathy and they leave you alone as long as u are allied / neutral. If you are unclanned be warned - the guards may not attack u on sight, but DON'T click on the FSM of a faction that u have bad sympathy with. He says, "Fuck off, scum" and opens fire with a badass gatlin pistol. They're 80/80*** too so u don't wanna mess with 'em. Even my tank with full piercing armour was hurting from one of those.

Darth Slayer
30-11-04, 18:24
Does that mean I can continue to hunt the bots? Wasn't sure since there used to be those "invisible" sympathies, like the periodical "you have gained sympathy with insects." Bugs loved me.
LMAO thats a Bug I've never had......... :lol:

Scorpius.

superfresh
30-11-04, 18:39
Yeah there was invisible insect sympathy, and I think Mutant sympathy as well. Very strange.

Tratos
30-11-04, 18:55
Yeah there was invisible insect sympathy, and I think Mutant sympathy as well. Very strange.

i recall getting a message saying i had lost sympathy with the monster faction.....O_o lol