PDA

View Full Version : How's Ping/Lag/Latency/Synching now?

___T-X____
30-11-04, 15:13
The thread that discusses the ongoing commitment to improving the service regarding the above has been locked down....

Are KK still interested in discussing connection problems etc or not ? Its just my experience now is far worse than in nc1 and I'd be happy to help provide info if it improves the service etc.

Nidhogg
30-11-04, 15:15
Yes we're interested in it, what we're not interested in is you confusing the hell out of people by bumping a thread about a completely different generation of the software!

Don't. Bump!

N

/edit - taking deep breaths, in, out. Didn't mean to bite your head off. Just an arm or something. ;)

Genty
30-11-04, 15:21
Well, I have very little problems with syncing into my characters, I think only a few times I have logged into a constant sync and I don't think i have had the 0 cash 0 SL bug. As for ping, lag and latency I can't really give a good answer in general because I have the Devils own brand 56k. However my ping is normally a steady 150, only once noticed it go crazy to 1000+. Not done much PvP as of yet though in NC2 so dunno about that.

___T-X____
30-11-04, 15:23
Fair enough, didnt realise it was on about old software/hardware.

New stuffs no better tho. Do you know if they are any closer to getting that bug that means your missing sl/cash/items when you log in, thats a new one for me with nc2 and the one that means i have to relog 5/6 times. And I hate that cos with no safe zones you get ganked, and relog to 'You are dead, and someone doing the sex emote' which is the worsed cos u dont even know who ganked you.

Toilet-Duck
30-11-04, 15:23
Well, I have very little problems with syncing into my characters, I think only a few times I have logged into a constant sync and I don't think i have had the 0 cash 0 SL bug. As for ping, lag and latency I can't really give a good answer in general because I have the Devils own brand 56k. However my ping is normally a steady 150, only once noticed it go crazy to 1000+. Not done much PvP as of yet though in NC2 so dunno about that.

Enable vsync in your graphics card cpanel to fix that syn bug :D .

___T-X____
30-11-04, 15:27
Whats a graffics card ? j/k. Ive just done that thanks, got any other tips ?

Using ATI 8500LE 128Meg for some reason on 4x AGP, and im sure my board and card is 8x. odd

Crunchy
30-11-04, 15:27
Enable vsync in your graphics card cpanel to fix that syn bug

Crazy netcode if that really works. It's not everyday you see graphics settings effect net stuff. 8|

Bugs Gunny
30-11-04, 15:29
Synching problems are the same as in NC1 for me.
FPS has improved however, which is a good thing.

Tidus_Origin
30-11-04, 15:30
Processor - Intel P4 2.8GHZ
RAM - 512MB
GFX - 64MB Radeon 9200 SE
Net Connection - 1MB

NC2 runs fine on my PC, with an average 70 ping/30 fps. I sometimes (though not often anymore) get the 'Zero SL/Cash-1 Symp' bug and sometimes (not often) get locked in sync. Sometimes, after alt+tab-ing, I get a fatal (the runtime one) when I try alt+tab-ing back into the game

On my PC, PvP is practically flawless. I've tried it in Neofrag and in plaza1 (don't ask...but I did win in plaza1 :lol: )

In high-action areas (Ceres Labs, people firing rockets/barrels in close proximity to eachother), the lag's barely noticable.

MaGn0lia
30-11-04, 16:03
/edit - taking deep breaths, in, out. Didn't mean to bite your head off. Just an arm or something. ;)
How you can bite anything with that copbot helmet on your head, or do you have hinges there like lord helmet has :o

I'm "experiancing" (if you can call it experience, more like supressed memories, DISNEYLAND) several permasynchs every time I log in, ranging from 3-6 before I can get in to the game.

Pings are good after that, actually very rarely go over 80. BW somewhere around 200-300 and my connection is located in the nipplefreezing finland, evil ISP of OPOY, mighty 8mbit/1mbit.

Also, niddy can you answere my earlier post with your masculine knowledge? http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=119296

Reefer
30-11-04, 17:32
PIV 2.6 / 400FSB
1GB RAM
ATI 9600 TX 128MB
SB AUDIGY

I'm having an average of 70 FPS (wastelands 90, city 50-60FPS depending on pop)
and only had the sync bug once and I also had a single occurance of a bug wich didn't allow me to enter hovercabs ("use" not working) in the subway but did allow me to do about anything else (e.g. talking to NPC, checking GOGO,...).
Once I also had a sudden SL drop to -15 when i was LE'd (when i normally was at +28 instead). I had to fight mobs to gain it back because support didn't get back on my petition at all, not even a simple mail

other then this it was a smooth ride, but hey, i'm only playing a couple weeks now so... :rolleyes:

naimex
30-11-04, 17:36
Enable vsync in your graphics card cpanel to fix that syn bug :D .

^^

mine runs crappy in everything if i have v synch enabled.. but runs helluh great when its always off...

Xylaz
30-11-04, 17:41
Syncing problems are much much worse than in NC1 (99% chance to sync after each crash/relog/log in - 50% chance of another sync after reloggin from sync)

Crashing is worse than in NC1, (basically i crash about 30% more than in NC1, at least once every 10-15 mins)

FPS are much worse than in NC1 (constant 90-70 fps in NC1; 90-0 fps in NC2 - 90 in app, 20-30 in plaza 1, 10-15 in MB outdoors, 0-5 in OP wars)

naimex
30-11-04, 17:46
Syncing problems are much much worse than in NC1 (99% chance to sync after each crash/relog/log in - 50% chance of another sync after reloggin from sync)

Crashing is worse than in NC1, (basically i crash about 30% more than in NC1, at least once every 10-15 mins)

FPS are much worse than in NC1 (constant 90-70 fps in NC1; 90-0 fps in NC2 - 90 in app, 20-30 in plaza 1, 10-15 in MB outdoors, 0-5 in OP wars)

^^

i crash about as rarely in nc2 as i did in nc1, only difference is that sometimes i have to log on to a different server, before i can get past the black permasynch.

i have double the fps in nc2 than i had in nc1, mostly im running at 100-200 fps but in heavy populated zoned im down to 50, which is still a lot higher than what i had in nc1.

reddog
30-11-04, 19:46
Double fps in NC2 than in nc tho i tend to crash a bit more.

Synchs during opfights seems to have gotten worse tho.

Jesterthegreat
30-11-04, 20:25
*TX makes a new thread to read this
Don't. full stop = end of sentance, new sentance...
Bump!

:wtf:

more on topic i get a reasonably steady 30-40 ping, fps varying from 10-100, bw of 500 (from memory).

cheap shitty freeserve (now wanadoo) DSL, in UK.