PDA

View Full Version : 1 slot English/Inter.. Server

darkservent
29-11-04, 21:14
Ok its been a while now since release of DOY and with the deadline approacing to transfer Chars. The question is, will there be a 1 Slot Server for English players and do you want another server regardless of the populations. I'm bringing this topic up as for personal reasons I cannot transfer any of my old pluto chars as the slots are filled with capped chars which are my brothers. So deleting them really isnt an option. Also I and many others prefer the concept of the 1 Char server even if you can have multiple accounts.

So come on community vote now and please please KEEP TO THE TOPIC and Read what I have said before voting.

Cruiser
29-11-04, 21:17
id like it but its not gona happen, and im quite happy on mars :angel:

Xylaz
29-11-04, 21:25
its the population issue - NC is dieing. At the end of NC1 there were more people on one server (eg. Saturn) than it is now on Terra which suppose to gather all 3 english servers. Another server would only dilute the population more. We would have 50 people on one server and 100 on another.

That's the main problem of NC2 nowadays. World of that size as we have in NC should gather around 500-1000 people to make it enjoyable. 100-200 people is just not enough

plague
29-11-04, 21:53
^
|
| what he said, with pops like this we need no more servers..

Morganth
29-11-04, 22:22
I agree. Perhaps KK should give the ability to transfer characters across accounts? So all those people who have capped chars taking up their Terra slots, and another Plutonibian in stasis, so they can give KK some more money whilst being able to play the characters they want, how they want.

MkVenner
29-11-04, 22:27
but one reason why some people are leaving is because they're fed up with the shit heads they were forced to play with due to the server merges...

Morganth
29-11-04, 22:31
but one reason why some people are leaving is because they're fed up with the shit heads they were forced to play with due to the server merges...

Well, create more servers and all we will have is NC1 at the end of retail. Saturn at 250 max, Uranus as 180 Max, Pluto at 50 Max. I think people have to get used to the "shit heads", as its either that or the majority of the population with be people afk.

MkVenner
29-11-04, 23:14
but shouldnt that be people's choice? Quality over quantity as they say, whats worse, playing with only a few people, or being foced to play with alot of people you dont want to?

kevz
29-11-04, 23:25
hmm, seeing the french server is allways at like 5% or lower, it can get removed if u ask me, make the german server french/german, and an international one, to bring more ppl on per server, seeing numbers under 10% is a bit poor, dont yall think? :confused:

Morganth
30-11-04, 01:41
but shouldnt that be people's choice? Quality over quantity as they say, whats worse, playing with only a few people, or being foced to play with alot of people you dont want to?

I prefer playing with lots of people I don't want to, means more people to kill/OP war against. However, each to his/her own. Also I think with the release of the US boxed edition there should be an influx of new players, perhaps they create a new server to go with that release.

wombat74
30-11-04, 01:52
I prefer playing with lots of people I don't want to, means more people to kill/OP war against. However, each to his/her own. Also I think with the release of the US boxed edition there should be an influx of new players, perhaps they create a new server to go with that release.

Don't forget the "zerg rush" we'll get when the Asian server is opened. I've also noticed a lot of Ze Germanz coming over to Terra lately too. Maybe we're the party server? Who knows.

IceStorm
30-11-04, 02:26
They need item tracking working before any more servers go up.

I admit, a one-slot server probably wouldn't be plagued by the problems that Saturn, er, Terra has with inventory/cabinets/GG. Pluto was very stable in that respect compared to the two multichar English servers.

Still, though, resources should be focused on item tracking before deployment of another server.

Agent L
30-11-04, 02:30
for Plutooooooo!.....

Anna
30-11-04, 02:38
imo the worst possible choice they made was splitting up german from international

there should have been:
1 slot int
4 slot int

and thats it

seperate german servers is bs, the community isnt large enough to support that

seperate asian servers i can relate, lag/ping wise

but seperate european servers was the worst possible managment decision, theres always one community who gets less attention then the other and feels left out (in this case, the int)

edit: i vote for the missing third option: nc is dead anyway, dont bother

darkservent
30-11-04, 02:53
Oh great todays really my day. I just found out both accounts expired and I cant afford to go on with NC for a while. AHHHHHHHHHHHHhh my pluto chars are doomed in eternal waiting.

KK please please consider extending this deadline for longer. I cannot loose my prized chars.

LiL T
30-11-04, 05:13
it won't help with current server pops :(

SypH
30-11-04, 05:33
Yeah, because further diluting the population is what this game needs.

Sorry but I'd rather have a decently populated server full of retards, PKers, tradespamming jackasses, assholes and scammers ( I wub you guys really) than an empty server were all 10 of usl sit around drinking tea and being nice to each other.

Jesterthegreat
30-11-04, 09:40
i would have voted yes but due to the idiotic choices i abstain

tiikeri
30-11-04, 09:41
my sig.

Jesterthegreat
30-11-04, 09:56
my sig.

my sig.

MaGn0lia
30-11-04, 10:04
Even tho I played most of the time on saturn with my 10 million chars, at the moment I'm so ready for 1 slot server where I could get that good old pluto vibe going that we had, viva la pluto!

And to further my point I'd like to say that we could make the newbie helper system to work in pluto way better than in Terra, since (no pun intended) most of the people don't care about manners and such, they just kill, steal and act all out retarded with their other chars. So I think it would give better image about neocron if we had this newbie friendly server.

Heroine
30-11-04, 12:11
cba to level all chars and gather stuff one more time

Dribble Joy
30-11-04, 12:19
Why?
The german community has always been much bigger than the 'international' one.
Compare the peak combined pops of merc and mars with that of terra. It's more than twice the size, EASILY. Then realise that a lot of terra players are german.
Pluto showed that a one slot int server was simply not viable, why waste precious resources on a server that noone will play?

That said if they did make one I would probably move there....

Spanks
30-11-04, 12:35
Do keep in mind, that most of the people playing on Pluto had several accounts. I only had 2, but I don't know anyone who has only one.

MaGn0lia
30-11-04, 12:40
Well I guess the main problem earlier was that, we had the choice, the choice to play in pluto and most of us saturn/uranus main players had pluto alts.

Now that we are forced to play in one 4 slot server, we realise how good the 1 slot int was, and the fact that if you get pissed about something you still can do the same things on another server, without being bothered by inane fellow players, and I know many clans that moved from saturn to pluto just because they wanted to be rid of the saturn "politics", this is true to the other direction also.

I'd like the new 1 slot int server to have more strict rules and maybe introduce some more safezones in order to have more safehavens for new players, and have spots that players that help newbies could find them. KK could promote some current players to GMs or give them limited GM privelages to enforce these rules, so that there is somekind of authority figure near these newbie safeplaces all the time. I know, the ideal carebear heaven, but wth is your problem with it anyway? you still have your precious terra server where you can kill your friends/clanmates/allies/neutrals/enemies/mobs/npcs and alot of immovable objects if that pleases you.

I'm not that worried about the old players leaving (like we have seen here today, the vets can be as childish as anyone), I'm more worried about the fact that we are not getting any new players to replace them. So I'd like KK to have a serious tought about this idea right here, it is not too late to save the game if you do the right thing.

Do keep in mind, that most of the people playing on Pluto had several accounts. I only had 2, but I don't know anyone who has only one.

Congratulations, now you know.

Carinth
30-11-04, 19:04
...Pluto showed that a one slot int server was simply not viable, why waste precious resources on a server that noone will play?

That said if they did make one I would probably move there....
No, that's simply not true. The one char server was dependant on more factors and so once nc started going downhill it was the first victum. But there's nothing inherent in the one char server that suggest it's a failure.

A single char server is most dependant on the fun factor of every class/profession. It must be possible to play a single character and enjoy that character for months even after capped. All support classes must be just as much fun as combat classes. Tradeskillers, ppu's, etc, should be just as much fun to hop on and play as it is to go out shootin mobs/players. I should have fun researching, isn't that a crazy concept?

These are all qualities that NC used to have, Pluto used to be the highest population server even. At the very least we were on par with Jupiter, and often went higher. Almost noone had multiple accounts either. Along the way we lost it, necccesary support classes became unfun to play. Then even combat became less and less fun. As people dropped out the problem only got worse.

zii
30-11-04, 22:42
not yet for the one slotter. lets fill up Terra first?

once this is done, I welcome a one slot inyternational server, although I'd be quite happy to play on the german server. Theres nothing stopping me from doing so.

jernau
30-11-04, 23:10
i would have voted yes but due to the idiotic choices i abstain
I voted no partly because the poll options are so idiotic.

I can't be arsed to respond to all the twaddle and specualtion in here, Xylax explained well enough the reason why we all know there won't be a new server any time soon.

darkservent
01-12-04, 15:19
Ok could mods please close the polls as it seems i got the obvious answer from the comments rather than the polls. Ill open another poll following on from this topic.

garyu69
01-12-04, 16:59
What would be interesting is a new 1 slot server where you were not allowed to transfer any chars. Meaning we all start from scratch in a brand new world.

No power levelling with a high PPU either, you'd actually seek out teams to level. I remember the days of loads of people being in the aggie cellers, low level people and then an aggie captain pops up. To watch all these noobs run to it and hack away was great. hehe.

Would be able to build up a reputation with 1 slot, and even though ex-saturn people might say thats bullshit, after being on a 4 slot server, there are lots of people you do not know who could be alts of your enemies. You didn't get that on pluto, everyone knew who everyone was, and most times if they had an alt you'd know them too.

LiL T
01-12-04, 17:10
Well once terra is showing a nice 50% cap at peak times Then I would see no reason not to have a 1 slot server.

Jesterthegreat
01-12-04, 19:43
What would be interesting is a new 1 slot server where you were not allowed to transfer any chars. Meaning we all start from scratch in a brand new world.

No power levelling with a high PPU either, you'd actually seek out teams to level. I remember the days of loads of people being in the aggie cellers, low level people and then an aggie captain pops up. To watch all these noobs run to it and hack away was great. hehe.

Would be able to build up a reputation with 1 slot, and even though ex-saturn people might say thats bullshit, after being on a 4 slot server, there are lots of people you do not know who could be alts of your enemies. You didn't get that on pluto, everyone knew who everyone was, and most times if they had an alt you'd know them too.

open this server on the day of the UK release... everyone has a chance to start from scratch at the same time, and its a good server choice for noobs.

:edit: oh and on the closed beta test server i capped a PE in a week without using a ppu once...

its slightly harder to cap without high level / ppu assistance... but still easy

:edit2: this was with the item's in funny shops, crappy quality (never got anything made) with the beta item dist system. (better imo, but still things like lvl 3 imps from BT)