PDA

View Full Version : Sco.com gets it's just deserts (again)

athon
29-11-04, 13:05
Live as I write: http://www.sco.com/

Also see the attached image.

Athon Solo

Maui
29-11-04, 13:09
ok.. I dont get it :(

athon
29-11-04, 13:26
ok.. I dont get it :(
Sco are notorious for claiming ownership over various bits of unix code that they companies they bought up actually released openly years before Sco touched them. Sco have had such schemes as selling licenses for linux to users, claiming that code they own was used in the linux kernel, yet they don't want to tell anyone exactly what that code is - and in the cases where they have revealed the eact portions of code they're on about, it's been proven, as I said above, that the companies they bought up opened the code years before Sco touched them.

Sco is one of those evil companies that tries (and is at the moment very much failing) to make a living off of Intellectual Property, patents, etc.

And the bit of the Sco website you're looking for is the banner just under the main title banner.

Athon Solo

Maui
29-11-04, 13:29
aight I got that, but did they get hacked or somethin and they change the text of that banner ?

cMz
29-11-04, 13:35
Probably hacked. If you try to read the text the girl is writing, it could say: "hacked by ...."

MaGn0lia
29-11-04, 13:56
It has been hacked so many times that they don't even bother to write it in media anymore, propably if the hacker announced himself they would say "whoopde doo, good for you".

But I think that what SCO is doing/trying is just straight out wrong, first of they are stealing other peoples code that isn't protected by patents and such, and even after that THEY are patenting them as their own, just plain wrong if you ask me.

Xeno LARD
29-11-04, 14:19
Hahaha, Hacked again.