PDA

View Full Version : Heyo folks, few quick questions.

Lanigav
29-11-04, 07:49
Its been about 6 months now since I've played Neocron, maybe longer. Between work and other games I haven't really had much time to play, along with FA becoming a barren wasteland about the time I gave the game a break. Anywho, I'm glad to see that DoY is finally out now, and I'm curious about three things.

1. Is there a boxed version of DoY for sale in the US yet, or is it still online download only? I'd like to get back into the mix, but I'd prefer a boxed version to have.

2. Could someone just give me a basic summary of the gameplay changes between 6 months ago and now that aren't covered on the main website (I already know about Hacknet, DoY, etc etc.)? Has there been any new cool weapons, vehicles, or areas added?

3. Is the game more stable now, or does it still crash and have sync errors?

Nvidia
29-11-04, 07:59
1 - Still download only. The only place to have a boxed version so far seems to be Germany.

2 - Too lazy right now to answer this. :p

3 - Less stable than NC1.

Vid Gamer
29-11-04, 08:13
I have only had one FRE in-game so far.

To me the game seems more stable FRE-wise and I have been getting decent FPS. Never been in a big OP war yet, but I assume I would get the same FPS as in NC1.

tiikeri
29-11-04, 08:39
imo, the client is much more stable. when KK fixes the remaining memleaks i think it will be just fine (if not counting synchbugs etc)

Viktor
29-11-04, 09:11
At least twice as stable as NC1. I only get FRE's when I minimize and restore the client.

Xeno LARD
29-11-04, 14:27
At least twice as stable as NC1. I only get FRE's when I minimize and restore the client.

+ about 10 others, JUST WHEN I DON'T NEED IT. E.g: An op fight :(.

[VP]Orion
29-11-04, 14:37
1. The boxed is only purchasable in Germany so far so you can only DL it. Doesnt really matter though since why would you need a boxed version? Burn the client on a DVD if you want. The "manual" would be useless for someone thats played the game before anyways.

2. Whats changed.. Not much. Some weapons have been boosted and some not.. Vehicles.. Well, theres the whole Doy Glider series including a bomber and a carrier. Bombers HURT! (when they hit..) They are rather expensive though at around 750k-800k with barter. 1 mill without.

3. Stability. Now you can choose between DX7 and DX9. DX7 requires less memory and thus works better for dualclienting. Its also more stable since DX9 have a memoryleak. DX9 runs actually alot faster than DX7 but then you have to mind the memoryleak bug. Overall NC2 is ALOT more stable than before though. Just heard a few people say they crash more than before, but I think they have low memory and runs the memoryleaking DX9.

Carinth
29-11-04, 18:32
3) Nc2 is more stable then nc1, but that's like saying one disease is better then another due to lower fatality rate. We shouldn't hafta deal with any! Nc2 still has crashes, fatals, synching, characters getting stuck in objects, and any number of other similar problems.

2) Actualy lots has been changed, but yet at the same time nothing has changed. Some aspects of the game were broken, some aspects were improved, some aspects are the same. I guess the biggest change is the conversion to a red vs blue faction system. Factions are hugely important in nc2, dicating even small things like how to get your equipment. But at the same time, not much has changed because people disregard faction and kill whoever the want.
Wisdom of Ceres was introduced as a way to continue to level your char past capped and recieve rewards every so often. But there's no rewards yet.
"New" epics for the doy factions, with many new bugs and more useless equipment.
New HUD and soon to be new feature to disable the aformentioned new HUD because noone likes it.
I could go on, but it's more of the same...

1) boxes only in Germany, everywhere else is download.

Edit: Yea yea, I can't count ; )

Genty
29-11-04, 18:42
Erm, Carinth, 3 2 1 not 3 2 3 :D

As for stability, I have only had 1 FRE when not closing the game, which was from browsing Stock X. So, thats gotta make it more stable.

Tostino
29-11-04, 19:43
Playing 8 hrs a day i get maby 2 FREs a week. But i still FRE almost every time I alt-tab :(