PDA

View Full Version : Related to events.

[KoS]Brad
28-11-04, 10:50
This is aimed at KK, and some suggestions from you normal runners. I was reading the events thread, about how hardly no one turns up to events because of such and such a reason, and I got to the post with somone telling us about the Warbie OZ attack, and Doy taking over MB in the Beta.

I have quite a few characters on the Terra server, I switch between all my characters within about 30 minutes of playing them because I don't have anything to do.

I havn't been around that much on Terra and so I don't know if anything has happened, but from what I can gather the war between Doy and NC is depending on OP wars, I think we should have more things happening which involve Doy guards against Copbots or something, like what happened in the Beta where Doy nuked NC.

Most fun I had on NC since I capped my characters and owned some people was last night, I was on my APU noob level 8/11, started about 30 minutes before hand, I was in PP2 and I saw some CA guards, crouching looking as if they were fighting, and they were. 1 BD Guard which spawned upstairs was attacking, and being attacked by about 6 CA guards. I thought this was great and helped kill the BD guard, then when he died we did it again.

Thats the most action ive seen on NC to do with NPC's in ages, I think we do need to bring some NPC's into the war than just guards standing at places, smacking anyone they dont like.

maybe if you have any ideas on what we can do, Like have the Doy bots in the North come down and smash the copbots up at NC gates, where also Anti-City and Pro-City runners can join in. IMO it's more fun with some NPC's involved. BTW The BD guard owned about two CA guards before he died.

Post what you think.
Brad :)

[VP]Orion
28-11-04, 16:08
Actually, Ive seen guards fight in PP lots of times. :)

About topic, problem is that lots of people are abit bored since they have done everything sooo many times before. And that means they only thing they do is OP war (or play other games). This was the case during those events a week ago for example. Loads of people are so bored that they only PK all the time too.

The events that happen are often rather big and that means people doesnt really feel that involved in the story behind the event. Also, how should you make a good, wellcoordinated event that suits both high, low and medium lvl people? On the other hand, lots of highlvl people doesnt really care about events and never have either. Except on Saturn where it seemed that there was always a couple of people that seemed to have taken on a "holy mission" to destroy every event that came. Thats another reason why some people are bored of them.

Smaller events with only like 10 people, that sounds loads more fun to me compared to those big ones. Perhaps they can even rally 10 people willing to roleplay the event, which would make it even more fun for those interesting in that.

superfresh
28-11-04, 17:42
Last event I was able to take part in was... none. Most events are Euro-centric.

The Larent thing, the bombing of Plaza 1, the first Kami thing, the Wastelands GM / Terminator hunt, the Ceres invasion at CRP, the gatlin drone thing...

Nonetheless it would still be cool for there to be more to hear about later...

They do tend to exclude the Western hemisphere.

[edit] Along the lines of what Orion said, and to KK's credit, it sounds like events turn out to be more like babysitting for the GM's than hosting for the most part. Like that Saturn beach party fiasco way back when...