PDA

View Full Version : Something wierd with my computer.

Quake
28-11-04, 05:10
A few hours ago i could play Neocron just fine. Now when i try to launch neocron from the launcher it takes AAAGES (4 min maybe) to start the game and when it's finally started i cant login.

I tried reinstalling Neocron didnt help. I havent downloaded anything or installed anything since the last time i played. I have checked for spyware, did an antivirus check, nothing.

I realy dont wanna reinstall windows! :(
If someone has any idea's at all plz let me know, im totaly running out of idea's.

SorkZmok
28-11-04, 05:12
How bout a simple reboot?
Tried that?

Quake
28-11-04, 05:59
lol im not even gonna answer that

Viktor
28-11-04, 06:06
How bout a simple reboot?
Tried that?
Sounds like Dell's "tech support." :lol:

athon
28-11-04, 13:46
Sounds like Dell's "tech support." :lol:
The thing is, it often works.

I would suggest looking at any programs you've recently installed and doing a full virus scan. If you're on Windows XP, press CTRL+ALT+DEL and check to see if there's any processes taking up huge amounts of CPU time.

To me it sounds like Neocron isn't getting the resources it wants to run (memory, cpu time) and this could be caused by a runaway process or a process which is taking up huge amounts of CPU time, which many viruses and trojans do.

Athon Solo

LiL T
28-11-04, 14:09
My computer had been actting real strange lately like when I first booted up and click to connect to the net it would just hang there for 3 to 4 mins till it starts connecting. Then I started getting this doc watson comming up and this system would crash so I reformated yesterday seems like I need to reformat this POS twice a year :rolleyes:

MrChumble
28-11-04, 15:31
Quake & Lil T your problems both sound like they're being caused by one of those worms that sits in the background happily munching all you cpu. Try one of those online virus scanner things if you don't have one installed, and get a decent firewall, ZA Pro works well for me.

It might not fix your problem but it's worth doing anyway just as routine.

Darth Slayer
28-11-04, 16:04
Have you got Steam running in the background that usually fucks up all my other games.

Scorpius.

Jesterthegreat
28-11-04, 23:36
Have you got Steam running in the background that usually fucks up all my other games.

Scorpius.

lol... i did that once in a net cafe... steam + NC = bad news.

never again :D

as for slowdown... reboot (pathetic as it may sound) is the first thing i would try... if that doesnt solve it i would spyware scan it, then virus scan it. even if you have no antivirus theres one or two that run from websites directly (theres also free antivirus's floating around)

you could also look in the proccesses in the task manager and fiddle with the startup / services in msconfig if you know what your doing... like closing the things you dont want in taskmanager, but more in depth