PDA

View Full Version : KK support refuses to give support

CyberKhan
27-11-04, 16:00
So I have a tradeskiller that I am trying to level up using drones.
I go into El Farid and start happily pounding away on scorpians with my new AOE drone and two other people come in the room and walk through the blasts. No biggie i think since im STILL LE.
Then both of them die rather quickly, one was LE, the other was not.
Then all the sudden, the SAME friggin bug that has been in the game for 3 years now hits me, and I take a faction sympathy hit for my faction and most others, as well as a MASSIVE Soulight hit. I went from 79 SL to -5. Not sure who caused it, but I was pissed to say the least.
79 to -5 and I didnt even do any damage to these guys. Do you know how many HOURS of boring misssions I did to get 79 SL?????

SO I email support and try to get them to fix it. After a week of waiting, the tell me that since they have no proof that my SL was that high, there is nothing they can do. WTF???????
This is a KNOWN bug, that has still not yet been fixed, and they think I'm Lying to them? Even though they can look at all my faction symps and see that I have 2 of them close to 90 and 2 of them OVER 90. Its not from killing people, its from doing missions, so of coure my sympathy would be way high, plus I have never removed my LE (can check condition).
Plus the fact, that well, WHAT would it hurt??? Its not like I can exploit it or anything, I was just trying to get a high SL to stop people from easily hacking my belt when I do remove the LE, and now KK refuses to fix antyhing. I refuse to do hours and hours of those boring missions again to get a high SL only to have it all taken away in an instant to a bug that they wont fix. This is total crap, and more people need to let KK know about it, so they will do something. It's not like i asked them to give me 10mill creds or anything for heaven's sake, I just want back what took me hours to get in the first place.
Plus, until they fix it, I can't hunt in caves anymore with AOE drones for fear of the same thing happening. I mean that's the whole point of being LE for crying out loud.
:mad:

R.S.Savage
27-11-04, 16:07
totallz stupid since all it does is protect u from bigger "badder" players and since ur a droner oh well... ur fubared anyway.

keep trying to ge thelp maybe a gm will even be so kind to set ur sl back to 10 ... they wont help u at the fs thow since u could be a liar and just want to change faction so u can get an epic quicker... and thats just the way it is

Omnituens
27-11-04, 16:26
the highest they can reset it to is 10.

sorry dude.

naimex
27-11-04, 16:28
Plus, until they fix it, I can't hunt in caves anymore with AOE drones for fear of the same thing happening. I mean that's the whole point of being LE for crying out loud.

LE is there to prevent you from getting killed by other runners.
LE is there to keep you on the path of the law.

Not the whole point... and I think the majority uses it to avoid getting killed...

I went from 44 to -7 because I killed a friend, with a freak shot.

Went to apartment, stood there for about 3 hours, whilst I watched a few movies, when I came back, +16 soullight..

Soullight isnīt faction symphaty, its only purpose is to determine who gets shot by guards, and who doesnt.

The faction symphaty, is of course a great loss, and that really sucks..

As you can see anyways, it doesnīt help you having really high soullight..

You still go negative on it, if you kill one of your own, even if you didnīt hit the person, and it was caused by a bug.

(none of my LEīd runners, have dropped a belt yet, so the "i need high sl to avoid people hacking my belt so easily" reason doesnīt work.)

QuantumDelta
27-11-04, 16:30
LErs don't drop belts regardless of SL.

amfest
27-11-04, 16:34
never got hit by the LE belt drop bug eh? . .heh

Doesn't really happen much but it sucks when it does since a LE runner can't open a belt . .even if it is his own ;) . .gotta love those freak things that happen.

MrChumble
27-11-04, 16:37
You'll be wanting KK to log stuff next... :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
27-11-04, 16:38
That's different, and no I've never personally suffered from it...
Erm, I'd have probably included it as an exception if I had, but I forgot about it because I've never had it :p

His big loss:
His SL, will charge up, over time, back to 78.

His /real/ loss is the one he didn't seem to worry about as much, his symp.

Brammers
27-11-04, 16:51
The point is it should be impossible to loose SL with an LE in, unless you kill a green NPC.

It's a bug, and until the item tracking gets put in, KK are not going to reset you SL back to it's high level. (That's a point I hope the item tracker tracks your SL and FS?)

Many droners have been hit by this bug, me included. And all of us are getting annoyed that their FS or SL takes a nuking for no reason, after putting hours of work to get it up to 100.

Maloch Octavia
27-11-04, 20:18
Yup, I've experienced it as well, a long, long time ago. I found I could kill people with AoE even when I was Le'd. After having my SL drop from the 80's to minus in seconds, I gave up, ripped out my LE, and went on a vengance mission against the idiot BD players on Saturn that kept killing anyone and everyone.

Hence my Spies are now at -90 SL, and I have no intention of working them back to zero, as I don't have a lifetime to spare. :)

I was pushed, and I pushed back.... RaWrgh. :p

Jesterthegreat
27-11-04, 21:03
Yup, I've experienced it as well, a long, long time ago. I found I could kill people with AoE even when I was Le'd. After having my SL drop from the 80's to minus in seconds, I gave up, ripped out my LE, and went on a vengance mission against the idiot BD players on Saturn that kept killing anyone and everyone.

Hence my Spies are now at -90 SL, and I have no intention of working them back to zero, as I don't have a lifetime to spare. :)

I was pushed, and I pushed back.... RaWrgh. :p

sl should be reset upon xfer

Spoon
28-11-04, 00:00
This is just one of the reasons I gave up on having high SL.....

I can't be bothered with it anymore, as long as it's postive, I'm ok.....

Bugs aside, going from 100SL to -5SL with one wrong kill is just plain stupid.....

Darkener
28-11-04, 07:08
So I have a tradeskiller that I am trying to level up using drones.
I go into El Farid and start happily pounding away on scorpians with my new AOE drone and two other people come in the room and walk through the blasts. No biggie i think since im STILL LE.
Then both of them die rather quickly, one was LE, the other was not.
Then all the sudden, the SAME friggin bug that has been in the game for 3 years now hits me, and I take a faction sympathy hit for my faction and most others, as well as a MASSIVE Soulight hit. I went from 79 SL to -5. Not sure who caused it, but I was pissed to say the least.
79 to -5 and I didnt even do any damage to these guys. Do you know how many HOURS of boring misssions I did to get 79 SL?????

SO I email support and try to get them to fix it. After a week of waiting, the tell me that since they have no proof that my SL was that high, there is nothing they can do. WTF???????
This is a KNOWN bug, that has still not yet been fixed, and they think I'm Lying to them? Even though they can look at all my faction symps and see that I have 2 of them close to 90 and 2 of them OVER 90. Its not from killing people, its from doing missions, so of coure my sympathy would be way high, plus I have never removed my LE (can check condition).
Plus the fact, that well, WHAT would it hurt??? Its not like I can exploit it or anything, I was just trying to get a high SL to stop people from easily hacking my belt when I do remove the LE, and now KK refuses to fix antyhing. I refuse to do hours and hours of those boring missions again to get a high SL only to have it all taken away in an instant to a bug that they wont fix. This is total crap, and more people need to let KK know about it, so they will do something. It's not like i asked them to give me 10mill creds or anything for heaven's sake, I just want back what took me hours to get in the first place.
I had an apartment i was working on plaza 3 put some stuff in it didnt spend that much well a mill or so inlcuding the cost of the appy. Theres an old bug were if to people click a gogo at the same time there appy keys dupe into someone else's obviously you see were im going with this one. Luckily i didnt use it came back to it just check one day and it was cleared out. All the stuff i could have lost if i hadn't of used my crappy tg appy. I emailed help desk and was told that someone had my account password, i wrote back saying they didnt cause of all the high level chars i have it would be better to steal what they had rather than my appy. He wrote back saying
item tracking wasn't in and he couldnt do anything. My upgrade hasnt bought me better support its the same ol crap.

Dr Strange
28-11-04, 11:06
the highest they can reset it to is 10.

sorry dude.

Not true.

I got fucked over in a clan with SL. i left the clan and my SL went from 97 to 0. helpdesk told me if the clan's faction had 0 symp mine would drop some but not nearly that much. as such they kindly reset it to an even 50. sucks but hey better than 0

sultana
28-11-04, 11:47

(none of my LEīd runners, have dropped a belt yet, so the "i need high sl to avoid people hacking my belt so easily" reason doesnīt work.)

I was just trying to get a high SL to stop people from easily hacking my belt when I do remove the LE
:rolleyes:

Its been a known bug for ages and should've been fixed in the theme week, le'ed tanks/apus/etc, when they use AoE don't get screwed over when someone they "hit" dies, so why should droners? I remember I had an le'ed droner on saturn, and down while i was levelling in the aggies with a war drone, i took heaps of sl and faction sympathy hits, until I was about -30ish Cityadmin. I got shit scared everytime I walked around plaza 1, until i realised they wouldn't shoot me :lol:

Strange thing is, I remember them fixing this bug in nc1... or did I just imagine that? O_o

Omnituens
28-11-04, 21:05
Not true.

I got fucked over in a clan with SL. i left the clan and my SL went from 97 to 0. helpdesk told me if the clan's faction had 0 symp mine would drop some but not nearly that much. as such they kindly reset it to an even 50. sucks but hey better than 0
IIRC that was a known bug with a patch; it was due to an incorrect patch, therefore they will correct it.

otherwise its no-go.

plus there have been a few changes to the support routines.

Maui
28-11-04, 21:46
bleh, they hafta fix that bug fast :O

Jesterthegreat
28-11-04, 22:10
heh... my droner has fucked SL, lower symps than he should, no drone hud...

and drone weeks over :(