PDA

View Full Version : The inhuman experimentations KK didn't want you to know about...

Obsidian X
27-11-04, 01:14
Ok not exactly, but anyways I was sifting through the NC2 pak files today and I came accross lots of weird and wonderful stuff that was either never implemented or never finished...or removed in Beta.. (Vets can fill in the gaps on this one)

So without further ado....

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7115&stc=1

Not sure if the images have shown up properly, but here goes....
In this image (has come up on the forums a few times), theres quite a few PSI spells that never (to my knowledge) made it into the game.... some of the forum favorites include Holy Nothing sanctum (bottom right). Holy Riverdance (3,3), Crahn stealth O_o (row 3 colum 2), Crahn X-Ray (third row, first column), as well as Crahn Blessed glowing people (Row 4 col 1, anyone remember Cocoon?)

Moving on theres two new imps:

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7116&stc=1

Maybe Anti-Para Headbone and Barter chip 3?

Theres also some alternative faction logos:

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7117&stc=1

Lots more but nothing needed to be said really.

Bizzarely enough, this was also amongst the faction logos:

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7120&stc=1

Not sure what thats all about, could it be a faction that was never implemented.. (like AB and TU :p )

Theres loads more, same with sounds, too many too list. Makes you think what twisted experiments go on in KKs internal test servers :p

PS: Mods, if I'm breaking any rules by posting these images,by all means close or delete this thread, and forgive me if so :angel:

EDIT: In the sounds file, theres also two "event" sounds titled "excalibur" ... is it merely a legend, or does the excalibur actually exist...?

plague
27-11-04, 01:20
I belive looking through pak file is illegal(forbiden), but very interesting tho...I hope this shit gets inplemented....crahn stealth lol that one shoudl be somthing :rolleyes:

BradSTL
27-11-04, 01:20
That Phoenix logo is used all over one of the Dome of York sectors, I think it's abandoned sector 9. You find it pasted onto everything in particular, highest density, at the spot where the devastation is greatest. So I'm assuming from the in-game artwork that Phoenix Corp was the faction that built the neutron bomb that the Dome was going to launch at Neocron, the one that City Admin made go off on the launchpad.

What are you using to unpack?

Obsidian X
27-11-04, 01:30
What are you using to unpack?

Using a tool I found on the forums called NC VFS. I don't think its forbidden as this link would have been deleted from the forums. Though if it is, feel free to nuke the thread :cool:

MkVenner
27-11-04, 02:28
back in the days of the modifications forums, when there was ItemGFX, i went through the item thingies, and there was alot in there, alot of them became the faction rewards, but there was still a few that havent been given a use, tho they may have just been removed into NC2

Brammers
27-11-04, 02:44
The Phoenix NC Logo pops up in the Fallen Angels HQ bar and various places around DoY.

We found the logo in NC1 when we started up in Fallen Angels, and made it our own logo in a way. What we wasn't expecting it to become part of hacknet! :)

http://www.techhaven.org/phoenix_logo.jpg

athon
27-11-04, 04:59
See http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=119151

Other items could be WoC items (which aren't implemented yet), parts of the new HUDs (not implemented yet, tho recent patch notes mentioned that some stuff for it was in the patch) and player shops (not implemented yet).

Athon Solo

Omnituens
27-11-04, 05:19
you do realise that most of the stuff you have pointed out, is in the orginal NC1 pack files?

capt-o
28-11-04, 02:25
I think stuff like this is part of the reason the modification forum got nuked.

People were using stuff like itemGFX to look at the stuff KK was putting in the patches for immediate or later use in the game. I know it killed one thing and it nearly killed everyones favorite, the Kami chip.

Obsidian X
28-11-04, 02:34
I hardly see what the harm is, all I was curious about was unused images and sounds, and making far-fetched assumptions at what they might have been. As someone in this thread already said, most of this stuff has been here since NC1 anyway and is unlikely to ever be implemented. I consider it more "Oh, I wonder what that was going to be" as opposed to "hrhrr lets spoil the game and tear it to pieces" kinda thing :p

Tidus_Origin
28-11-04, 02:38
I think stuff like this is part of the reason the modification forum got nuked.

People were using stuff like itemGFX to look at the stuff KK was putting in the patches for immediate or later use in the game. I know it killed one thing and it nearly killed everyones favorite, the Kami chip.

I took a look through the itemGFX program as well back in NC1, and I saw - among other things - the faction medals, a Black Dragon flamer (is that the epic reward now?), the Dragon drugs (red, blue, and so on) and a new CST tool called the ZX-1 (better than TL150?)

MkVenner
28-11-04, 02:54
the flamer is the faction reward, but i thought it was the Tsunami faction reward...and the ZX-1 was the Tangent faction reward i think, the one they use to make CopBots?

Obsidian X
28-11-04, 04:16
Faction reward? What are/were faction rewards, and how did you get them?

MkVenner
28-11-04, 04:22
Well there used to be faction councillors, who organised events for their faction, and worked with the other faction councillors/GMs on events, RP and other player problems. There used to be 3 faction medals, bronze, silver and gold, then the faction reward, sorta like an epic reward, tho due to a lack of active Faction councillors and such very few were handed out, i think only one was, and that was the FA FC, he gave one to the 1st person he sa on christmas day

BunkerBoy
28-11-04, 09:01
Actually, back in NC1, Henry Dorsett (NEXT FC) handed out quite a few medals. i have the 1st lvl and 2nd and a few other people do too. Soon (I hope) I will have the 3rd lvl..and its special item :D The medals were handed out to those that assisted with events and such. The 3 medals do still exist...but since the FC/FCA system was revamped im not sure how it will be handled now. NEXT was able to keep a council system, thus we will still award em from time to time. =P

[KoS]Brad
28-11-04, 11:05
Does ItemGFX work with NC2? I want to edit the rares picture to put a glow around them, so I can tell the difference between something Like a CS, and just a normal Plasma Cannon.

athon
28-11-04, 13:49
Brad']Does ItemGFX work with NC2? I want to edit the rares picture to put a glow around them, so I can tell the difference between something Like a CS, and just a normal Plasma Cannon.
Editing the games graphics files is currently illegal and will get you banned.

Athon Solo