PDA

View Full Version : me keep getting disconnected from the internet plz help

Jaffo
26-11-04, 00:55
ever since i have played nc (this aint a complaint) i keep randomly getting disconected from the internet wen i play:(

this only happens wen i play nc. i can "surf" the web and my little sister can play her little games online and shit but wen i go to play i get disconected.

at first i thought it was memory so i bought more - kept happening
then i thoughtit was a sound card so i bought a new one - still happening

ne 1 else got ne ideas - it must be summign with my modem but me being dumb i aint got a clue

athon
26-11-04, 00:58
What kind of connection do you have (dial-up, cable, ADSL, etc)? Who's your ISP?

How frequently do these disconnections happen? What exactly happens when they occur? What do you have to do to get 'reconnected'?

Athon Solo

Jaffo
26-11-04, 01:09
i use broadband - bt voyager 100 adsl modem

my disconnections happen mostly wen im a passenger in vehicles but sumtimes happen wen im just running around. what happens is on my screen every thihg just stops and i "log out" and go back to the nc log on screen with connection to world net host thingy lost.

at this poitn my comp goes slow so i close nc and close ts b4 i get kicked for having no internet connection pull the wire outta my modem wait a few seconds and put it back in then connect and log on againas normall till i get kicked off again

Killfly
26-11-04, 03:21
Happens all the time to me too - don't think it's an equipment issue, more of a game issue...

Spoon
26-11-04, 03:31
Spyware using the same ports as NC?

Killfly
26-11-04, 06:39
My machine is locked down tighter than a dolphin's ass, so that sort of thing isn't it (at least in my case)... Btw, not highjacking the thread to my own cause - just trying to chip in with my own experience :)

Jaffo
26-11-04, 20:58
now that someone else is having this prob to maybe it is a game fault cause it opens happens wen i play nc

maybe a gm could look into this? just maybe pretty plz with man cream on top

Killfly
26-11-04, 22:21
I think this one's gonna be REALLY hard for KK to look into... Imagine how many differently configured machines are running NC 8| They'd never be able to narrow it down, and even if they did it wouldn't relate to everyone's equipment/set-up...

Get a firewall installed and run it while playing... If you get disco'ed, check the firewall logs for any 'unusual' activity... Port scans can sometimes knock you off, for example... Maybe not the answer, but definitely something worth checking...

Xeno LARD
26-11-04, 23:43
Voyager 100 sucks. Get router and take the strain off your Game pc. See what that does.

eLcHi
27-11-04, 15:55
I had that problem too

Having traffic in the background fixed it

My ISP decides to cut the connection in low traffic situations ...

So basically when i play neocron i fire up bittorrent and share some Fedora Core 3 for the community ;)

And no problems since i have something running in background ... limiting traffic is important tho ;)