PDA

View Full Version : How to solve the current faction problem.

BlackDove
25-11-04, 19:25
Okay, so basically everyone who's been going around, knows that the faction swap system is bugged to hell, in it being that you can only make a one way trip.

DoY>CM>City

It doesn't work the other way around.

So - I've been thinking on how to solve it, and this is what I've come up with.

Introduce Anarchy breed as a faction. You have the one slot free on the faction tablette, use it for the breed.

This could spawn a few awesome events as well. Right now the Anarchy are in the wastes.

So why not let the Anarchy invade TG canyons and set up shop there. Few events on how they're defeating the mobs, kicking ass, etc. would be awesomeness in my opinion.

That way the map is kind of complete.

CM on one side, Anarchy breed on the other. Anarchy breed would be a mirror of City Mercs, as in being neutral or allied to everyone, except City Admin and City Mercs (CM would get a new enemy as well, faction wise).

It'd also solve the traveling from City to DoY. It'd be:

City>Anarchy>DoY much like DoY>CM>City is now.

Thoughts?

LTA
25-11-04, 20:01
Yeah there small allies amount would help since they cant really mass raid places and the ones who go there so they can pk can be easily pk'd back due to not much chance of being friendly to them etc
AB are enemies to just about everyone think they have 1 or 2 allies from each side but not to many can always ask the pandore abs who there friends are

No clans n stuff

___T-X____
25-11-04, 20:02
Yup its a shitty situation.

hegemon
25-11-04, 21:38
I've seen that going NC -> CM -> DoY is a mentioned as a problem a few times, but I never understood why. AFAIK CM can move around freely in DoY and don't get shot by Johnny 5s. Is that assumption wrong or did I miss something other fundamental?

Killfly
25-11-04, 21:52
I've seen that going NC -> CM -> DoY is a mentioned as a problem a few times, but I never understood why. AFAIK CM can move around freely in DoY and don't get shot by Johnny 5s. Is that assumption wrong or did I miss something other fundamental?

This is what's confusing me too... If my PP guy goes CM, CM is neutral to FA so I should be able to swap from there, right? Or am I a total moron that's missing something really obvious? :confused:

Edit: Soz forgot to vote, so I went back and voted 'Yes'... Anarchy Breed should be there for other reasons (RP) too, but bridging the gap between DoY and NC is as good as any...

Asurmen Spec Op
25-11-04, 21:55
AB need to be red to all, thats anarchy
plus I can go from NC > CM > DOY easy
shit I went from NC > doy
but AB have to be well anarchistic, red to all and burn kill maim

Killfly
25-11-04, 22:16

I tried that, but those darn/lovely (depending on your perspective) turrets whooped me... I remember some LE'd n00b having a great laugh watching this 3 star spy running around like a big fairy! :lol:

giga191
25-11-04, 22:19
good idea but there are too many factions as it is

Agent L
25-11-04, 22:26
(...) the faction swap system is bugged to hell, in it being that you can only make a one way trip.

Not true. Going from procity to crahn or tsunami or other is just as easy as it was in NC1.

QuantumDelta
25-11-04, 22:35
Not true. Going from procity to crahn or tsunami or other is just as easy as it was in NC1.
Someones been killing hookers then.

eprodigy
25-11-04, 22:52
If AB was implemented I don't think it should be available as a starter faction, perhaps you have to trek to their canyon hq or something to join up. Or as it was, get low symp with all (atm just getting no faction).

Genji
25-11-04, 23:13
You have the one slot free on the faction tablette, use it for the breed.

The free slot is for your current faction...go no faction and there is no free slot. O_o

Asurmen Spec Op
25-11-04, 23:31
I tried that, but those darn/lovely (depending on your perspective) turrets whooped me... I remember some LE'd n00b having a great laugh watching this 3 star spy running around like a big fairy! :lol:
well I had the GRs already so then it was just a FS problem

LiL T
26-11-04, 00:03
I voted no :\

I seems like a good idea but it would not balance the game it would turn it into a complete gank fest I my self would join AB. 80% of there server would 80% of server like to random pk so 80% would join AB yeah I would love it as a faction but its not gonna work with the current server pops

BlackDove
26-11-04, 00:50
plus I can go from NC > CM > DOY easy

No you didn't. And Anarchy Breed is already neutral to all.

Again. No.

That doesn't count. Killing NPC's or your friends gank whore isn't a viable solution.

Anyone with half a brain can see the logical problem behind the whole scheme.

To be honest - the actual "mission" system in place that requires bringing dogtags etc. is retarded to hell. It needs to go the fuck out, if the requirment will be to have +10 FS with the opposing faction.

- Also, good point there being brought up about the no-slot being used for people who aren't in faction.

I guess that already makes my elusive thoughts known then. People shouldn't be allowed to be factionless.

Heavyporker
26-11-04, 09:02
Anarchy Breed are NOT neutral.

They're extremely hostile to pro-city.
Allied to FA and neutral to TG, though.

hegemonic
26-11-04, 09:23
ding ding ding

we have a winner!

5-STAR Idea *****

naimex
26-11-04, 11:39
I would very much like to have the Anarchy Breed brought into the game, as a playable faction.

but I would like it more in a way of :
-> Anarchy <-
Neocron <-^-> City-^-Mercs <-> DoY

meaning

you can go from NC to CM and AB
you can go from DoY to cm and AB
you can go from CM to AB
but you can only go from AB to CM

And then I would like to see it :

No clans in AB
No allies to AB

Only hostiles and neutrals.

BlackDove
26-11-04, 12:24
Anarchy Breed are NOT neutral

Sorry I forgot to add "They are neutral to all ass kickers who have the nads to be in Anti-City factions".

Agent L
26-11-04, 14:13
Someones been killing hookers then.
huh? what hookers?

Darkener
26-11-04, 14:23
Anarchy breed should have been implemented when we upgraded but sadly it hasnt been and yes its red to all or suppose to be.

Birkoff
26-11-04, 14:34
Changing from city to doy o doy to city is piss easy. It takes about 15-30 mins and doesn't involve NPC ganking. Look around and think about it.

The run with resas finest would make it easir but hey KK will never be as kind as to finish the implementation I wouldn't of thought.

//edit

Anachy breed should be a faction though. No main HQ and no clans over a certain size. TBH

naimex
26-11-04, 18:15
Anachy breed should be a faction though. No main HQ and no clans over a certain size. TBH

*Imagines 4 old farts, sitting around a campfire smoking weed, and singing peace songs whilst shooting wildly into the air with uzis....*

LTA
26-11-04, 18:36
No clans at all in AB, its good downside for a pker faction even if ppl can just team up n stuff, no hq, no epic lotta enemies...
On Pandore they say its because the whole faction is anti leadership (although they do have a FC to keep em in line :p)
Even if everyone did go ab they'll end pking each other cusz there wont be many peeps about to pk heh

Think factions need trimming down, merging of some factions as all of them aren't really needed

zii
26-11-04, 19:10
Anachy Breed should remain in the wastelands, but I think that it should be a joinable faction.

Crest
26-11-04, 19:18
Okay, so basically everyone who's been going around, knows that the faction swap system is bugged to hell, in it being that you can only make a one way trip.

DoY>CM>City

It doesn't work the other way around.

So - I've been thinking on how to solve it, and this is what I've come up with.

Introduce Anarchy breed as a faction. You have the one slot free on the faction tablette, use it for the breed.

This could spawn a few awesome events as well. Right now the Anarchy are in the wastes.

So why not let the Anarchy invade TG canyons and set up shop there. Few events on how they're defeating the mobs, kicking ass, etc. would be awesomeness in my opinion.

That way the map is kind of complete.

CM on one side, Anarchy breed on the other. Anarchy breed would be a mirror of City Mercs, as in being neutral or allied to everyone, except City Admin and City Mercs (CM would get a new enemy as well, faction wise).

It'd also solve the traveling from City to DoY. It'd be:

City>Anarchy>DoY much like DoY>CM>City is now.

Thoughts?

I dont get this, why is DOY // CM // Pro the only way ?
Hmm I am anti, do missions to get to CM ??? Then Kill a TG to get to Pro ???

this is to negate a negative SL I assume....
Going back is almost as easy
Get to Cm , Kill a Bio and get a negative SL (Which caps at -32) do a mission, and get -31 SL and stay in HQ, App for long period of time .... Or as Long as CM Fact Symp is high enough run missions.

Been done, and its not that hard....

I dont think making Faction jumping should be easy in any way.

Reason ... When a few leaders of a big clan want to start a fresh, they jump to the other side and start from scratch, then they know that they wont have all the shep follow, just a few

hegemonic
26-11-04, 21:55
According to the storyline from NC1, Anarchy Breed is allied to the Fallen Angels and is neutral to Twilight Guardian. I don't remember though who in particular they were hostile towards (can't find my Neocron Booklet that came with the NC1 Retail Box).

BlackDove
27-11-04, 12:46
I dont get this, why is DOY // CM // Pro the only way ?
Hmm I am anti, do missions to get to CM ??? Then Kill a TG to get to Pro ???

this is to negate a negative SL I assume....
Going back is almost as easy
Get to Cm , Kill a Bio and get a negative SL (Which caps at -32) do a mission, and get -31 SL and stay in HQ, App for long period of time .... Or as Long as CM Fact Symp is high enough run missions.

Been done, and its not that hard....

I dont think making Faction jumping should be easy in any way.

Reason ... When a few leaders of a big clan want to start a fresh, they jump to the other side and start from scratch, then they know that they wont have all the shep follow, just a few

It doesn't make sense if you have to lose SL on one way and not on the other.

Don't come and talk to me about how easy it is. I know how easy it is. I HAVE had -32 SL before. That's not the point. I just PM'ed a guy who said in this thread "OMGZ I CAN DO IT ITS SO EASY" - and in the PM he tells me that he doesn't lose *much* SL when he does it.

The point is the fact that the game IS UNBALANCED. If you're able to go from one side to the other without EVER touching on the Soullight issue, you should be able to do the same thing backwards. My idea provides that.

Please go from that perspective.

Brammers
27-11-04, 17:01
I thought there was supposed to be NPC's that allowed you a quick way from DoY to NC and also NC to DoY?

-Demon-
27-11-04, 17:26
I thought there was supposed to be NPC's that allowed you a quick way from DoY to NC and also NC to DoY?

The NC to Doy one is meant to be Rezas Finest missions...where you have to kill some 120/120 mobs and get something off them to take back to the NPC who gives you the mission...but he ignores you on returning with the loot(5 items?).
This has been around a while not fixed if not since the start of retail no surprises there then.

Wasn't aware of a DoY to NC one but there might be but it's quite easy to get that way by going CM and killing TG symp whore..you can't do that on the way to DoY...well you can but you take the symp/FS hit.

jernau
27-11-04, 18:50
:wtf:

No.

naimex
27-11-04, 19:16
well... anarchy is basically, every man for himself..

so it could fit in well, as a fluid faction..

no determined guides..

its not,

enemy, enemy, ally, neutral, neutral etc.

it could be :

enemy/neutral/ally - enemy/neutral/ally etc

so it would all be faction symphaty dependant..

but since its not just "every man for himself" but also "every man for himself, but not affiliated with any controlled or administrated groups" it should be restricted to :

enemy/neutral.

so you could never become allied to anyone as AB, because you are against any control, or governing.

but, that doesnt prevent you from finding temporary peace or atleast cease fire.

and thats why it AT LEAST should be both enemy, and neutral.

so it would be something along the lines of :

MAX faction symphaty : 100 = neutral
Breaking Point 1 : 0 = Neutral
Breaking Point 2 : -1 = Hostile
Minimum faction symphaty : -100 = hostile

jernau
27-11-04, 19:30
Anarchy is the absence of formal legislature or government. Specifically it is the absense of rulers, not of rules as some people believe. The important distinction is that adherence to the rules is a personal choice unlike in societies where certain individuals can control others.

It is not "every man for himself" and it certainly isn't constant warfare or making enemies of the whole world just for the sake of it.

Of course the people behind Anarchy Breed may be as ignorant as so many people are in RL.

To make sense as anarchists (as opposed to pillocks in sex pistols t-shirts) AB should be neutral to all and avoid conflict as much as possible.

naimex
27-11-04, 20:01
Ok, I just looked it up, youīre right Jernau.

The word anarchy comes from the Greek word αναρχία, meaning without a leader

an- meaning "without", -arch- meaning "rule" or "ruler"

so yes, they have no ruler.

Anarchy (New Latin anarchia) is a term that has a number of different but related usages. Specific meanings include

1) absence of any form of political authority

2) Political disorder and confusion

3) absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

There is no political authority, so there canīt be a leader.

There is political disorder and confusion, which was what lead me to "every man for himself", if there is disorder and confusion amongst the people, then I canīt see any common goals, so everyone must be acting on their own, right ?

It will be, the way I see it. Iīm hungry, Iīll go get ME some food, and not, weīre starving, Iīll go get US some food.

anarchy - a state of lawlessness and disorder (usually resulting from a failure of government)

so itīs lawlessness... Well, thereīs no one to govern them, none that they will listen to or follow anyways.. so there canīt be any punishment for them, and since they wont listen or follow anyone, I canīt see how they can ally with anyone..

Another example of it being "every man for himself".

HOWEVER,

actual society based on the principles of one or more strains of the political theory anarchism

but that would require it to be a political aspect of anarchy such as :

anarcho-communism - left-wing anarchists

anarcho-capitalism - right-wing anarchists

but by the definition of anarchy, there is no political leader, or ruler, which means these minority groups of anarchism, no longer are anarchys in the meaning of the word, and can therefore not be part of the "Anarchy Breed".

yet again however, there is an exception that isnt really an exception, but an ideal of anarchism.

Anarchism, therefore, is a political theory that aims to create a society which is without political, economic or social hierarchies. Anarchists maintain that anarchy, the absence of rulers, is a viable form of social system and so work for the maximisation of individual liberty and social equality. They see the goals of liberty and equality as mutually self-supporting.

only problem is, that no matter HOW you group up, or what you do.. there will ALWAYS be someone that is a "natural leader" or extremely charismatic, who people will listen to in any given circumstance, which then makes the anarchistic ideal, inobtainable.

which then will lead to the conclusion that :

Anarchism is impossible to achieve, and nothing but a theoretical idea.

Simply because humans are.... greedy, self-centered, and responsive to people with natural skills, or trades, in the form of for instance charisma. which really makes the human race suckers.

And besides all this, several experiments have been made throughout history, that the best and in the vast majority of the cases, the solution was to elect someone leader, to get anywhere in the task they were assigned.

jernau
27-11-04, 20:37
The last quote is the most relevant.

Anarchy can only be accurately used to describe two states :
1) The ideal explained in that quote where mutual benefits or goals replace rule of law. People do work together and form communities because it is better to do so than not but they are also free to leave or to stay and not participate if they choose to do so.
2) The practical consequence of another form of government failing and producing an interim period of disorder before another system takes over.

Anarchy Breed are trying to create a way of life so option two does not apply as it's not something anyone seeks other than as a means to facilitate the new order that will follow.

As you say "Anarchism is impossible to achieve, and nothing but a theoretical idea." but the same can be said of every political ideal except those based on a totalitarian or autocratic hierarchy.

There is a theory (I forget the name - will try to dig out the book) that states all political structures have a maximum population beyond which they become primarily totalitarian. The numbers required are very low - a few thousand is enough for mob mentality to completely destroy individualism in the majority of humans.

Back on topic -
For AB to be political anarchists they would have to be pacifists to survive (as all true anarchists have to be) because otherwise they would be conquered in no time at all.
For them to be teen-angst-muppets they would have to be red to themselves which I don't think the engine can support. Adding an all-red faction would be idiotic IMO anyway.

Killfly
28-11-04, 13:34
Well, I finally managed to make it to FA from PP, and tbh it wasn't that difficult at all... I did FA and CM missions... Swapped to CM, swapped to FA and 'hey presto'... Yeah, it's bugger doing enough missions for the symp, but I made it through with my SL intact :) The ONLY problem I have to content with now is how to get my TG symp up from -35 :( (seems that's a side-effect of CM missions, as during those is when my TG symp kept going down...)

Speedball
28-11-04, 13:39
No you didn't. And Anarchy Breed is already neutral to all.

Nope, Anarchy is Neutral to Black dragon, Tsunamy, FA and TG and rest is enemy.
(i am ab on Pandore)

I think it should be neutral to all, but no lose of SL killing neutrals... :D