View Full Version : Need some help.

-=Dredduk=-
25-11-04, 16:55
Ok about 2 hours ago i exited nc (wanted to play hl2) anyways about 10mins of playing hl2 i wanted to play nc2 again so clicked on the launch thing as normal... and nothing happens... it wont connect to the server.

So i think oh i will just wait a while.... come back hour later and still nothing... so im thinking must be a server down time or something (i come to look on the forums for thread likes these find nothing) and think wtf.. so i thought i would try going into program files and then nc folder and then clicking on the client so i could atleast get in the game menu.

I get in the game menu and click enter.... waiting..... waiting.... waiting.... "failed to connect to server" so i left it about 30mins more and the same thing.....

now what? anyone got any suggestions?

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 17:01
Happened to me after installing some software too.
Only fix was reinstalling. Copying the entire directory from my otehr pc didn't help either.

Nidhogg
25-11-04, 17:04
Firewall issue?

N

MaGn0lia
25-11-04, 17:12
That exactly same thing happened to me yesterday, I was playing HL2 and then tried to come back to NC2...ohnoe nothing.

Well, force terminating explorer.exe fixed that right up ;)

Kuya
25-11-04, 17:15
I have a problem to after installing directX 9.0c i tryed to log back into the game and it keeps fataling

im running a filecheck atm

Obsidian X
25-11-04, 17:17
I've had this problem once or twice, in my case I have to reboot my router (must be some kind of IP problem...?)

athon
25-11-04, 17:42
If you've installed software, particularly drivers or libraries (eg. DirectX), try rebooting.

Athon Solo

-=Dredduk=-
25-11-04, 17:44
ok i tried all none worked except restarting router

thx people.

athon
25-11-04, 19:01
ok i tried all none worked except restarting router

thx people.
Could've been your ISP doing some maintainance then. ntl: occiasionally drop my connection and I have to go and reboot the set-top box to bring it back up.

Athon Solo

Jaffo
25-11-04, 22:03
i just bought and installed a new sound card

now nc dont work for me either

tried re installing nc and that didnt work either all i get is cant connect to server and every thign goes all white

ne ideas how to fic this?

Jaffo
25-11-04, 23:26
prob solved system re - store did the trick for me

Omnituens
26-11-04, 02:16
Could've been your ISP doing some maintainance then. ntl: occiasionally drop my connection and I have to go and reboot the set-top box to bring it back up.

Athon Solo
same here, usually at very awkward times

well, i suppose they dont really expect ppl to be playing games at 3am do they? :p