PDA

View Full Version : Spy Rampage

Riddle
25-11-04, 14:44
Ok last night on Terra there was a little incident of a Stealth Spy in Medicare P2, nothing new you say?

Well, I got me PPU fully buffed holy shite coming out my arse, everyones looking for spy I got the old True Sight on the go. Then he appears Ganks another PPU and dissapears, WTF I followed and couldn't see him. ( trues sight Bugged???)

So I begin to Rez PPU and get shot to shit, yes I had heal on the go :) next thing im dead from multiple shots :( ARGGHHHH.

2x PPU dead 1 pistol spy???? WTF

I return no belts been hacked by allies ( I hate that shite ) so no one owns up to having me shit. This continued with several nasty deaths of allied players (not me again i had learnt my lesson)
By what I thought was the rather UBER Anti city spy , yet as I look around theres a few allied spys/Pe's/Tanks who are now yellow!

So city spys/Pe's/Tanks assisted in killing allies then hack belts and claim it wasn't them !!

Quite an interesting farming technique thats been developed there :-

- Take one anti city spy as distraction
- Take several high end Allied hackers to help kill and hack belts
- Have vent on the go and chat between Allied and Anti
- Loot loads of belts
- Take my 5 slot Holy Heal you sacks and share your spoils in OZ

I mean this is getting out of control :mad:

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 14:51
I's because people are bored and don't feel like traveling a bit to kill the real enemy.
You can't realy blame a whole clan for it either as it's usualy just a few people doing it, causing a whole clan to be seen as doing it.

nobby
25-11-04, 14:53
true...

Riddle
25-11-04, 15:06
I's because people are bored

Go play another game. :D

don't feel like traveling a bit

err.. :eek: there is no travelling dude for near capped players who probably have most the genreps in game.
People say "0ahh man I cant go to el-farid to far and they have the bloody Genrep is bull. It may as well be the next zone. P2 - Genrep/Zone - El Farid.

Plenty anti city to kill but, O no "they might shoot back and I might die , i'll stay at medicare kill some allies much easier they will never know".

You can't realy blame a whole clan

Didn't mention any clans?? :confused:
But as you've mentioned it, if a clanned member is doing it then the clan should boot him for conduct unbecoming a clan member :) or be branded with the same tag as allied ganking PvP losers.

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 15:10
Allied ganking PVP loser :-)

Now there's one punishment, strip someone of his rank and put him in that rank for a while :-)

Riddle
25-11-04, 15:17
I'm not having a go Bugs but this is really ruining the game.

Between last nights eye opening event and the bloody low level chars trying to annoy you to kill them / Lose SL / Ganked and hacked its becoming worse and worse.

Even chars went Red in P2 said (before dying)

"I dont give a SHIT about SL"

Thats sums it and without starting another thread on the SL issues something does need to be done. I am asking for players to organise against this as opposed to a Patch fix.

If the penaltys are bad enough it wont happen, if i could get thrown out of clan i surely wouldn't do it.

This was an organised Farming of belts which sux :wtf:

-=Dredduk=-
25-11-04, 15:20
I was on my ppu today (loming) in plaza thought it would be safe since there was only 1 person in whole of plaza and i was talking to him.

Then suddenly a slasher spy comes in and comes pks me (hes allied) so i get pissed off and log my tank go find him take one shot at him and he runs off(stealth what a surprise) like a total pussy...

All this because he just thought he would random kill my ppu and hack his belt (i was loming i had good shit on me) so he got -sl and a crappy spell so in the end he ended up being the worse one and proving he is complete crap.

In neocron 1 you had pp3 to let off your steam and fight your allies just around the corner.

This time the only place you can pk an anti city is pp3 if your lucky but most likely to have ppu so no point.

Or mb (maybe bd ) so thats not many places....

No pro city will go into doy unless there a spy so leaves people getting bored and killing allies.

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 15:38
I also feel that if the clanrules state no allied ganking, and a clanmembers repeatedly does it he should be kicked out of the clan.

Right now there's clans that'll take anyone that can spell "L33t".
They feel they are great pvpers when they randomly gangrape allieds in the city. I can't be bothered with those people, usualy the stuff they say is funny, and they actualy take themselves way too seriously.

I play neocron for enjoyment, to vent off some steam, relax a bit, and it's liek watching a movie but particiapting in it a bit.
Some zit-faced overweight teenagers without a social life feel that the only way to build up some self-esteem is to randomly kill unprepared people and collect as many dogtags as they can. Hell, anybody can do that.

How about you nitwits try to organise a raid on DOY city itself, old TG canyone style?

Liebestoter
25-11-04, 15:58
Some zit-faced overweight teenagers without a social life feel that the only way to build up some self-esteem is to randomly kill unprepared people and collect as many dogtags as they can. Hell, anybody can do that.

Congratulations, you just described about 60% of the people who play MMO's.

I don't think it's really about killing unprepared people in NC.. so much as it is about gangraping them with as many APU/PPU teams as possible.

Or maybe logging on 10 alts to kill the runner who just killed one of your characters in a fair, one vs. one fight.

Or perhaps using tons of hybrids and melee tanks/pe's and going around killing everyone in sight while screaming "OWNED!!111one".

I fail to see how a spy fragging people in plaza1 is any different than any of the lameness listed above.

PS - I'm not a pistol spy. :D

Koth
25-11-04, 16:05
ive only killed one or two people in NC who are allied to me - mainly because they shot me first or i dont like them from previous encounters

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 16:25
Well, my clan came over to the city to help out pro-city, as at the time doy had the upper hand.
I have a doy alt, and the feeling i get is that DOY people are (except for the usual assholes) better organised, friendlier and maturer than most pro-city people.

Even though i'm from saturn myself, i must say most juvenile bumwipes on terra were definitely born and raised there.
If it wasn't for my clanmates and my love for vehicles i'd be FA by now, as i was surprised at the general friendliness in there.

Liebestoter
25-11-04, 16:31
Yeah, FA is a nice faction. Mostly tradeskillers and such..

I've seen friendliness from both Uranus and Saturn players, being from Pluto myself. The jerkoffedness and friendliness are pretty evenly distributed among anti and pro, but there's always the odd clan of asshats in whatever faction.. so I don't like either Pro or Anti. To hell with everyone.

I think I saw some nice, vulnerable AFKs in plaza a minute ago.. see you in game :P

Crest
25-11-04, 16:37
Add content, and get in players ..

last Night 10pm British time, and 31% population on Terra .. WTF (40% on The German one)

NC1 and Saturn at peak was 400+, so there are no people, those who are on are LE players ....

I have been pk'ing in Plaza with my spy (And I die there alot too), but he is anti city...

I hate and see no reason for faction / friendly killing ... its tempting, but immoral, even if you are a BD

Riddle
25-11-04, 18:09
I think I saw some nice, vulnerable AFKs in plaza a minute ago.. see you in game :P

Ok time to LOM ...... Hack and attack here I come :D.

Is that your belt liying on the ground??
Where??
Right there (Blam, Blam ) pk his ass
Hack time

:lol:

Xylaz
25-11-04, 18:28
few things

its not about the pistol spy obviously but rather other people's reaction for this.

Since the retail of nc2 start i've been attacked/killed by almost EVERY PRO CITY CLAN, well, the runners in those clans that is.
Mostly because they were helping their DoY "friends" (70%), that's the exact reason for hacking belts as well (- hey mate here's a team, take my belt and hack this guy i just killed; - sure mate :rolleyes: )

Other people have attacked me just for fun (CA clan, NEXT clan - well Bugs, its one person only, u should know who it is, TT clan) (20%)

People who are just idiots and like to piss me off (10 %)

In general i'm trying to not to get touchy without a reason, i'm eager to solve my clan problems and so on. So yeah, i've managed to calm some of the issues, yet still there are those 70% people who will kill me because their alt will ask them to do, who will help/spy/fake/wahtever for their doy allies.

That is the problem.

Yesterday i was chasing some anticity spy in plaza 1, lots of people were there, not even remotely interested in him (neither by a noob who was standing for like an half an hour in P1 and shouting : can someone please help me?). After some time, there was few people around me who were supposedly looking for the spy as well. One of them was obviously a spy who was DMing the crahn where he should/should not go now - the other one was a hacker who wanted take an opportunity of a free belt, then there was a ppu who was chatting with the hacker.
After few mins, i got the spy, we fought and i got killed but he was as well. In a matter of few seconds people appeared, started to hacking his and mine belt, ppu came and started to rezz the crahn guy, but he gred, so he left... Someone took/hacked the enemy belt and tried to take mine, but fortunately someone warned him. I've waited few mins, then GRed back to plaza...

Spoon
25-11-04, 18:30
Plaza was getting a little strange last night.....

I was on my droner, there, I didn't know who to shoot...

I'm not worried about losing SL, but I am concerned about losing his 90FS in TT...
Can I kill, or help kill a PP or BT without losing sympathy in TT?, I dunno....
So I wasn't going to take chance on it....

My solutions would be:

More severe repercussions for allied killing...

And an Outzone type of area next to DoY, that has 2 or 3 neutral GR's in it...
(a staging area for Pro-City)

*EDIT*
whoa, better go nerf my sig....

Riddle
25-11-04, 18:43
its not about the pistol spy obviously but rather other people's reaction for this.

Exactly!

My point was not the pistol spy, good luck to him on a raid.

My point was no one helped me in pursuit except 2 people. I had True sight up and running as he was stealthing everywhere. so we had a fair chance. every time i revealed him no one took a shot!

Took like 10-15Mins before someone killed him, onnly when we were all inside.

But NO people decided to take advantage of the belts, take advantage of the confusion, take random shots at people ( to test their damage) oh no i killed him shit. Take advantage of noobs, Take the piss!!!!

We should have gathered together to rid the city of the anti city spy but there was anarchy. In fact I was really apalled by people's behaviour.
It's City v's Anti City??
No its not,
Its get what u can while u can and fuck everyone else over.

Sad sad sad :mad:

Xylaz
25-11-04, 18:57
just logged in - here's a new NC custom :

-logg in in the middle of plaza 1, lots of people around
-some runner from your own faction start to attack u
-u dont attack back because u dont want to mess with SL and FS
-u got killed
-10 people rush to hack ur belt

[edit]
story continues:
- i got backed and kill the yellow guy (nobody interfered)
- yellow ppu logs in and rezz the yellow guy (nobody cared)
- together they start to roam plaza in search of me with TSS runnin
so i just gred back to app

Really, i'm beggining to think i should switch to DoY. I have much much much more enemies within the procity people, even within my own faction that with DoY people

___T-X____
25-11-04, 20:03
rolf, the healing light strikes again

LiL T
25-11-04, 20:41
Its much more mature if you would call it that in DOY people are actully nice to each other sure theres the odd prick that kills allies. But tis not bad up here ;) its pretty damn safe too

Darth Slayer
25-11-04, 20:48
Yeah, FA is a nice faction. Mostly tradeskillers and such..

Eh whats that ? Yeah we are a nice faction but we have got a lot more than just tradeskillers...... :p

Yeah don't see any allied ganking or even much neutral ganking apart from once when I helped kill a Crahn PPU who was helping a PP spy gank newbs in FA sector. Not saying it don't happen but it certainly don't happen like it is in NC city, boy am I glad I made the swop to Fallen Angels those many moons ago.

Scorpius.

giga191
25-11-04, 21:36
spawn nf2 deck 1 entrance in p1 and doy city center

Killfly
25-11-04, 21:50
And an Outzone type of area next to DoY, that has 2 or 3 neutral GR's in it...
(a staging area for Pro-City)

? Like it isn't easy enough getting into DoY anyway!
o_O

P.S. - I love FA :) 2 alts there and 2 more to go as soon as I can figure out how to achieve it :rolleyes:

devore
25-11-04, 21:56
Hehe the noob asking for help was me. I am an old NC1 player and started a trial account last night to see whats new, must say it was pretty saddening how long it took to get some help (though I did get some in the end, sorry can't remember your names though). Especially considering the rather low server populations you'd think some people would catch on quicker, help the noobs so they stay or the game will die, its that simple. Anyway I digress gonna mention more on my thoughts in the newb retention thread.

ps. Its even sadder to hear about all this allied ganking :mad:

Liebestoter
26-11-04, 00:01
rolf, the healing light strikes again

THE WAY OF THE MONK IS A SIN IN THE EYES OF ALLAH. O_O

Darth Slayer
26-11-04, 00:46
THE WAY OF THE MONK IS A SIN IN THE EYES OF ALLAH. O_O
OMG a Fundamentalist Terrorist KOS....... :lol:

Scorpius.

Doc Holliday
26-11-04, 04:13
buggs your clans done it too, killed allies for no reason while levelling.

who was it said let he without sin cast the first stone?

Birkoff
26-11-04, 07:04
mock...

If you were fully buffed... how did you die lol....

And at the person lomming... i think its your own fucking fault.. anyone that LOMs a PPU anywhere but a saafezone deserves to die and lose ther spells TBH :)

Pungent77
26-11-04, 10:02
This game is doomed, no hope for a brighter future

Maui
26-11-04, 10:14
For pro city dudes, there must be some easier way to kill anti-city dudes, exept to gr into an random close to doy sector and hope u wont get gr ganked or when they dont, u actualy _find_ and anti-city dude :O

Bugs Gunny
26-11-04, 10:35
buggs your clans done it too, killed allies for no reason while levelling.

who was it said let he without sin cast the first stone?

Yes, and i'm not affraid to admit it. We are now under new mannagement however and we're dealing with the situation. Our clan will no longer kill allieds, except when we're attacked first, or if it's a known doy spy.
Our members have all been informed of this new rule and we'll crack down on people getting out of line.
Be prepared to watch a public trial of some members in plaza1 soon.

Also we're now going to be a specialized vehicle clan, ready to intervene when called upon. Also we now try to get rid of doy runners when they are reported in the city. (got us some last night).

I hereby would like to say that we'll be on call to assist with battlevehicles at op wars, we'll take bombing missions, do drive-by shootings etc... And we have ceased all hostilities versus pro city clans. I hope the other pro-city clans will act likewise, so we can go take down that doy city (which frankly is better organised, so we're at a disadvantage still)

Xylaz
26-11-04, 11:04
Yes, and i'm not affraid to admit it. We are now under new mannagement however and we're dealing with the situation. Our clan will no longer kill allieds, except when we're attacked first, or if it's a known doy spy.
Our members have all been informed of this new rule and we'll crack down on people getting out of line.
Be prepared to watch a public trial of some members in plaza1 soon.

Also we're now going to be a specialized vehicle clan, ready to intervene when called upon. Also we now try to get rid of doy runners when they are reported in the city. (got us some last night).

I hereby would like to say that we'll be on call to assist with battlevehicles at op wars, we'll take bombing missions, do drive-by shootings etc... And we have ceased all hostilities versus pro city clans. I hope the other pro-city clans will act likewise, so we can go take down that doy city (which frankly is better organised, so we're at a disadvantage still)

Nice to hear that, i'll cease the fire then and wait for the said person to attack me. Then... i'll see what you do

Liebestoter
26-11-04, 12:24
This game is doomed, no hope for a brighter future

That's the point we're trying to make. Fix the monks, fix the spies, fix everything, or the game is going to die. And I'm gunna laugh and go grief in WoW.. even though it's hard to grief there, but that's not the point.

Riddle
26-11-04, 14:01
Same shit last night in PP3 :(

Allieds watching allieds die then hacking their belts.

When I ressed a spy he'd lost stealth(not a cheap tool) but no one owns up to hacking it. same with a tank PA3 gone, well pissed :(

I can't hack, no i didn't hack it! same old shit.

this allied hacking needs to be sorted. Why defend your comrades when you can let them die and hack their belts???? :mad:

Liebestoter
26-11-04, 14:13
I see a certain clan which will remain nameless is trying to mimic my mad stealth whoring skills.. and not doing it too well.

;o

I've created a monster.

Darth Slayer
26-11-04, 15:37
Same shit last night in PP3 :(

Allieds watching allieds die then hacking their belts.

When I ressed a spy he'd lost stealth(not a cheap tool) but no one owns up to hacking it. same with a tank PA3 gone, well pissed :(

I can't hack, no i didn't hack it! same old shit.

this allied hacking needs to be sorted. Why defend your comrades when you can let them die and hack their belts???? :mad:
So let me get this straight you can't tell who the hackers are????
Here's a clue they will be the ones standing motionless with there right hand in the air next to the belt..... :rolleyes:

Scorpius.

Riddle
26-11-04, 15:44
So let me get this straight you can't tell who the hackers are????

erm.. no mate i arrived to late :)

and yes i think i know how to tell :) but ty for the advice :rolleyes:

Liebestoter
26-11-04, 15:48
You pro city people are getting smarter.. PPUs spamming TSS and melee tanks = unhappy me. :\

-=Dredduk=-
26-11-04, 16:04
mock...

And at the person lomming... i think its your own fucking fault.. anyone that LOMs a PPU anywhere but a saafezone deserves to die and lose ther spells TBH :)

I shouldnt have to worry about this... thats the thing..

and it was 6 am in the morning why would some fucktard be on at 6am in the morning whens the server populations is about 6% trying to pk allies?

I wasnt Actually loming in plaza.

I lomed in my apply all night then took last lom pill and gred to plaza (had about 40si) then spy comes in and kills me.

Its bascially saying gring to plaza is Very un-safe.

Atm im starting to think safe zones wouldnt be a bad idea to implant back in.

Im gonna change to doy soon so i can pk all you ally pking people.

(got 2 clans 8 people who i know who pk allies constantly)

Bugs Gunny
26-11-04, 16:07
Riddle, we were there too, when i came in the pp zone i saw about 4-5 belts which one of the allied pe's was hacking.
After the tanks fled there was an apu ppu combo we went after, we killed the apu and the ppu kept running around the zone and edges, till we lost him in the zoning game.

Carinth
26-11-04, 18:52
This isn't anything new, it happened in nc1. If you happened to die in Plaza you could kiss your belt good bye. Anti city especialy, since the guards would shoot them. In pepper park, most of the time the person that hacks your belt has no relation whatsoever to the person that killed you. Now its just much easier for allied/neutrals to hack your belt.

Hacking a belt should be considered a hostile action, isn't it basicly stealing? A sucessful hack should give you a SL hit based on location and faction. Hacking allied belts should be an offense, maybe not as much as killing allies, but still there should be a punishment.

Though this would probably require more information from the db stored in the belt, which is prolly bad/not possible.

Riddle
26-11-04, 21:32
Hacking a belt should be considered a hostile action, isn't it basicly stealing?

Too right!

There should be a punishment for Hacking allied belts.

A sucessful hack should give you a SL hit based on location and faction.

Whilst this would be a good idea SL doesn't even stop people PKing Allies why would it stop people hacking when the reward of the belts contents is higher than a PK?

Maybe prevent allies hacking other allies belts altogether! 8|

(never gonna happen) but we need something to stop this.

till we lost him in the zoning game.

Unlucky Bugs :lol: Next time his PPU ass is yours heh heh

dem0n
26-11-04, 21:52
Just one thing that concerns me... how does this reflect on the new wouldbe paying customers?

Killfly
26-11-04, 22:04
Hacking a belt should be considered a hostile action, isn't it basicly stealing?

That's a nice idea, but we'd need more info displayed on the belt... At the moment, you only get the name of the runner, not the faction...

StrongSad
26-11-04, 22:09
A sucessful hack should give you a SL hit based on location and faction. Hacking allied belts should be an offense, maybe not as much as killing allies, but still there should be a punishment.

RIGHT!!! Great solution.... I see you put a lot of thought into it. What about the people who are hacking their friends belt so they can give it back? When I am in plaza and an allied faction dies I usually hack the belt and give it back so some smack tard doest take it. What if an allied faction attacks me, I kill them, and then hack the belt. I should be punished for that?? :rolleyes:

Carinth
26-11-04, 22:32
RIGHT!!! Great solution.... I see you put a lot of thought into it. What about the people who are hacking their friends belt so they can give it back? When I am in plaza and an allied faction dies I usually hack the belt and give it back so some smack tard doest take it. What if an allied faction attacks me, I kill them, and then hack the belt. I should be punished for that?? :rolleyes:
Team with them and you don't even hafta hack... If however they are staying there and not gr'ing then that's their fault. If they logged off to log on another char for revenge, then that's their fault.