PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet Balance.....

QuickFix
25-11-04, 01:24
....or lack of.

we go to fight for OP's.

we win at the first 2 battles, all is good.

3rd battle the enemy seem to have given up? so do unto them as they have done unto you?

so we carry on and take back the OP's that have been taken from us when we where offliine.

after the 3rd hack someone zones into hacknet by hacking the 4th layer.

guess what?

before you hve zoned through your dead.
3 more people zone through, 2 die one manages to run all the way up the lame grav lifts, tags the hackterm. YAY we got the OP.

3 dead people though, luckily KK havent fixed the imp drop bug so all is good.

next OP same again, but this time 5 of us die, we no longer have enough people at the OP to attack the enemy that are still GR'in back to the OP and coming back out 4 minutes later.

again luckily for us the enemy dont realise and dont bother to attack in force.

so let me get to my point.

1 single hacker can defeat an entire clan. the clan does not have to defend its OP's in anyway other than to send a hacknet char in and camp the zone point.

sometimes you get lucky and he doesnt see you but C'mon this is fucking lame.

HOW CAN 1 PERSON BE ABLE TO DEFEAT AN ENTIRE CLAN WITHOUT DEFENDING THE OP.

im sure there will be arguemnts for and against, but i cannot see how this is balanced.

maybe my bitterness towards spawnpoint camping is clouding my judgement, but isay get rid of the BS 4th layer shite

[VP]Orion
25-11-04, 10:41
Well, since Im the one hacker you are talking about I can reply to this.

I CANT defeat your whole clan, but I can delay it abit trying to give my own clan some more time trying to sort things outside. I personally like the idea of a 4th layer in hacknet but I think that (like most things in hacknet) its poorly implemented.

I want to see:

- Either reduced runspeed or updated networkcode since this high runspeed makes people teleport around. One of your people teleported almost one whole lvl yesterday, thats how bad it is.

- The terminal shouldnt be right inside the entrance (from inside hacknet). I would want to see that platform extended more to the back and perhaps even raised one more lvl. Now they force people to camp in uplinks and that means problems with bugged mobs, people passing through gets killed, forcing clans to get more hackers to protect a larger area.

- A limit so several people cant hack inside from the hackcomputer at the same time.

- Changing the hacknet terminal to not just be a tag-and-win thing but something that takes a little time. Like a real hack or something you push and then it takes 10 secs before its activated.

- Just partly to do with OP fights but want the 30/30 mobs FIXED. Yesterday one of your hackers died just coz he synced abit long when he went outside the OP. Thats not how it should be.

- Want the bug/exploit I think of fixed. You know which one I mean Quickfix.

Since I play a hacknet character I am biased in this but I really want more realy fights inside hacknet and I think this would do it. Its not really fun to wait until you come inside with your apus/ppus/spies and try to kill them before they reach the terminal. Sure, duckhunt might have been fun on a 8bit Nintendo but it sure aint here. I want to FIGHT! I want people to SHOOT BACK!

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 10:59
You can't realy expect a high ranked hacknet char to NOT drop combat hacking spies left and right. They do pure energy and xray dammage, and guess what, most spies have NO xray resists once in hacknet :-)

deac
25-11-04, 11:04
HOW CAN 1 PERSON BE ABLE TO DEFEAT AN ENTIRE CLAN WITHOUT DEFENDING THE OP.

hes a uber haxer and you guys are all monks/pes/spys that need spy3 to be able to hack a layer?

ff hacker 127/127 wb, pain hackers 5/5 droms

[VP]Orion
25-11-04, 11:13
hes a uber haxer and you guys are all monks/pes/spys that need spy3 to be able to hack a layer?

ff hacker 127/127 wb, pain hackers 5/5 droms

Calm down Deac, we want constructive discussions and not bashings. ;)

MaGn0lia
25-11-04, 11:28
Well actually I'm relly glad to see that spies are THE uber in some area, and no use of your precious monk-o-cron in hacknet. I think this is just the balance we asked for in op wars, how are ppus overpowered now! eh? Actually this is just the feature I love the most in NC2.

But hnet is pretty poorly constructed atm, I'd like to see it more like "real world" (in which real world is NC world and not the real real world we live in), with walls and such, weapons act more like weapons and not like psi spells. The speed is stupid right now, they can put 100 120/120 mobs in every place in hnet, but they can't shoot because the players are too fast for them to shoot even once.

And think of this, there are no turrets in hacknet, they have to send one guy to guad the op or it is lost, so that is one warrior less to be worried about, think about it, he could be a uber hybrid or something, but he is this hacker in that op waiting that if his clanmates lose, he is the last line of defence.

All hail hacknet!

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 11:41
One of our clanmates had a dedicated hacker, he would raid the DOY high security databases and kill all the hackers he saw come in.
I haven't seen that many high level hackers in hacknet. Most of the times it's just empty.

MaGn0lia
25-11-04, 12:42
Hacknet is a big place and there are like what 5 very high level hackers, so atm it's anybodys game.

deac
25-11-04, 13:11
Orion']Calm down Deac, we want constructive discussions and not bashings. ;)

just making a point :P

Morganth
25-11-04, 16:02
Orion']- A limit so several people cant hack inside from the hackcomputer at the same time.

According to a certain GM (who can clarify this if he feels the need to) it is impossible for multiple people to hack a hack term without bug exploiting, [ edited ]

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 16:33
What has the world of neocron come to ? :-p

I'll bet the above post gets edited by niddy in seconds.

deac
25-11-04, 17:12
got a log file that shows a certain ca clan hackers entering hn from the term 4 seconds after layer 3 is down..

first one in after 4 seconds all in under 10 seconds soo if thats not supposed to work something is really wrong with op hacking atm.

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 17:38
Pot and kettle it seems to me :-)

[VP]Orion
26-11-04, 13:32
According to a certain GM (who can clarify this if he feels the need to) it is impossible for multiple people to hack a hack term without bug exploiting, [ edited ]

I really dont know what Niddy edited but when I read what youve written now it states that its impossible to get several people to hack inside at the same time without exploiting. Ohh. Ive seen a certain clan do this time and time again. Been in hacknet and then 2 people show up at the exact same time. Coincidence? Sure, if it happened once, but when its happened like 5 times? And all time when they enter like 2 or 3 people with max 4 secs between them?

Ive talked to a leader in this clan about the log Deac talked about but this leaders response was more or less that the log is lying.

Ahh, well. I just hope KK fixes the bugs soon so we can have fights without accussations like this thrown back and forth. :)