PDA

View Full Version : hacknet

pharabus
24-11-04, 19:25
so, been leveling a PE to run hacknet and today with my brother we tried for a run to a DOY database. my PE can use the lvl2 software and my brothers spy the level 3.

log on, at the PP DNS try to run through a gazillion zones, die due to getting pushed off and trapped, the platforms disapearing everytime a mob fires (thats a toughie, the whole room goes black everytime they fire, cant see a thing, only certain areas though!!) and then the insane damage by the <<<< mobs at enemy outposts, and everytime you die you have to log on in the DNS again. Its mad!! I have never been as frustrated with this game as I was after that 1 hacknet run. And we never even got a spine drop for a codebreaker!!!
anyone else find hacknet this frustrating?

Chess -
24-11-04, 20:41
so, been leveling a PE to run hacknet and today with my brother we tried for a run to a DOY database. my PE can use the lvl2 software and my brothers spy the level 3.

log on, at the PP DNS try to run through a gazillion zones, die due to getting pushed off and trapped, the platforms disapearing everytime a mob fires (thats a toughie, the whole room goes black everytime they fire, cant see a thing, only certain areas though!!) and then the insane damage by the <<<< mobs at enemy outposts, and everytime you die you have to log on in the DNS again. Its mad!! I have never been as frustrated with this game as I was after that 1 hacknet run. And we never even got a spine drop for a codebreaker!!!
anyone else find hacknet this frustrating?

Dude I totaly agree on that. To be honest with you... I think the whole game is frustrating in one way or another. If KK doesn't make any moves to make things better then it could be over and out for NC within a halfyear or maybe less (not even thinking of WoW).

I was playing NC from the very beginning and I love the game. For some reason KK messes up a lot of things. I don't blame any game developer or programmer for it but I think KK's management should be waken-up.

There was so many new things which should come with NC2 but I didn't see even 10% of all the stuff. For example; where are our NPC's? where is item tracking? why is hacknet not working like it should? Why are gliders almost unuseable? I can keep going on like that but then this thread would be a so called flame thread :S Well I think people should be free to tell whatever they think or feel about the game. Many of us payed for at least 2 years of gameplay and I think that the time has come where KK should take it's responsibillity for their mistakes.

Sorry but I couldn't stop myself of posting my feelings about NC2. :mad:

zii
24-11-04, 20:52
Simple. When you log in at a public genrep you should enter at that areas place in hacknet. I don't see the point in hacking a genrep at Nemesis and entering hacknet at your faction HQ. You should enter at Nemeis lab LOGOFF point.

kevz
24-11-04, 20:56
Simple. When you log in at a public genrep you should enter at that areas place in hacknet. I don't see the point in hacking a genrep at Nemesis and entering hacknet at your faction HQ. You should enter at Nemeis lab LOGOFF point.

yeah definetly, the way it is now is just wrong...

[VP]Orion
25-11-04, 10:58
Platforms dissapearing.. Try to play abit with the force fog distance on/off. I get less of that in one of them, dont know which one though. :)

Hacknet IS bugged.. Alot.. But its not like there are no ways around it. Make sure you have your direction sorted out before you go out on those passageways so you can just keep running even if it dissapears. Sure, sometimes you'll screw up or get pushed by a mob and fall down. But thats how hacknet are. If you ever plan on being in hacknet you gotta be prepared to make friends with the /set reset_position 1 command. ;)

The 30/30 mobs in uplinks hurt shitloads. But running between DoY and NC a couple of times teaches you at exactly what uplinks you end up in the same lvl as those mobs so you can be prepared and run IMMEDIATELY you sync inside. Run like a madman for the elevator and take a few hits or jump down fast as hell and get hurt from fall damage, either way. Just have to get away from them at once. If you start below/above the mobs but have to pass them, then just kill them from another lvl. KK might say killing mobs that cant shoot back an exploit, but to hell with them if they mean the bugged 30/30 mobs too. ;)

When you finally enter the mainframe and prepare to enter an enemy firewall. Make sure you got a defense running, enter portal and RUN!!! That spot is filled with bugged mobs that kill you in a second (8 of them I think) but if you run fast as hell you can most of the times get past them into the next portal before the mobs themselves sync in.

Learn the names of the enemy hackers you gotta watch out for ;)

Koth
25-11-04, 11:38

this allows you to get any number of people into the fourth layer (hacknet button) before you have actually hacked the 3 main barriers - the fourth barrier can and should only be accessed after the 3 main ones have been hacked. It should stay this way :P

MaGn0lia
25-11-04, 11:39
Yeah hnet is crapnet atm, it's like battle.net but not as mind numbing.

I like the fact that you can go to faction dns from any op, saves me time and money. But the thing that annoys me to no end is the fact that you can't use your own GRs there, they should add a room where you have all your GR locations and can go them instantly, the inane running is tiring, even if I come out with no SI.

After you have used hnet as your primary transportation method (I allways go through hacknet, especially as turds keep closing their GRs) you lear the hacknet rules and survival pretty fast, the usefulnes of hacknet is pretty low right now, you really can't hack to enemy database because the 30/30s are bugged.

But it is a neat thing, and only great things can come of hacknet.

Bugs Gunny
25-11-04, 11:44
If you wanna live... set up your con for hacknet :-)

pharabus
25-11-04, 12:24
My con is set up, I hope :)

I agree that a fixed hacknet will be cool, and thats why I set up the PE purely for it. Hopefully we will soon have a hacknet week (and a player shop week, and a WoC week, and a vehicle week and a....)

[VP]Orion
26-11-04, 02:15
My con is set up, I hope :)

I agree that a fixed hacknet will be cool, and thats why I set up the PE purely for it. Hopefully we will soon have a hacknet week (and a player shop week, and a WoC week, and a vehicle week and a....)

Not to take you down or anything, but if I were you I would stop immediately. A PE will NEVER be any useful in hacknet. Hacknet is for Spys since you need to invest loads of INT and DEX points to be any good. Take my advice and start a hacknet Spy instead. (or die to all enemy Spys you meet)

Richard Blade
26-11-04, 03:02
Orion']Not to take you down or anything, but if I were you I would stop immediately. A PE will NEVER be any useful in hacknet. Hacknet is for Spys since you need to invest loads of INT and DEX points to be any good. Take my advice and start a hacknet Spy instead. (or die to all enemy Spys you meet)

PE's can be the tanks of hacknet. No use for them? I have to say otherwise.
Here is why.
These formulas were given in the skills guide thread.

Hacknet Skills:
Hacknet Health:
Skill Factors involved: 0.1(10%) INT + 0.3(30%) HCK + 0.6(60%) HLT
Hacknet Stamina:
Skill Factors involved: 0.1(10%) INT + 0.3(30%) HCK + 0.6(60%) END
Hacknet Energy Pool:
Skill Factors involved: 0.1(10%) INT + 0.3(30%) HCK + 0.6(60%) TC
Hacknet Weapon Damage:
Skill Factors involved: 0.1(10%) INT + 0.5(50%) HCK + 0.4(40%) TC
Hacknet Weapon Handling:
Hacknet Weapon Range:

Given that the above numbers are a small part of an overall formula.

SPY cap INT 100 - points 553, DEX 100 - points 525, CON 40 - points210.
PE cap INT 60 - points 305, DEX 80 - points 463, CON 65 - points 320.

If the PE sets himself up to only be a hacknet raider, he will most likely take out the average spy that you find in hacknet. Spies tend to do more than one thing. Tradeskilling, etc, take up vital points and at best will be equal in hacking and energy pool. The PE's con outshines the spy by leaps and bounds. The PE can speck con for hacknet where, so far, no resists work. So, health and endurance is focused on 100%. The spy cannot keep up with the points the PE has in health.
A PE will likely lose to a hacknet specialized spy only, but to anyone else, imo he will be the hacknet king.

[VP]Orion
26-11-04, 13:39
PE's can be the tanks of hacknet. No use for them? I have to say otherwise.
[---]
If the PE sets himself up to only be a hacknet raider, he will most likely take out the average spy that you find in hacknet. Spies tend to do more than one thing. Tradeskilling, etc, take up vital points and at best will be equal in hacking and energy pool. The PE's con outshines the spy by leaps and bounds. The PE can speck con for hacknet where, so far, no resists work. So, health and endurance is focused on 100%. The spy cannot keep up with the points the PE has in health.
A PE will likely lose to a hacknet specialized spy only, but to anyone else, imo he will be the hacknet king.

A PE caps at 60 INT.. Ohh, lvl 3 regen is 60 INT. The rest is higher. Dont forget that imps dont work in hacknet. That means, he will have crappy software with crappy stats. Sure, a little higher CON, so what? Have you ever checked the difference between lvl 2 and 3 software? Its like blessed vs holy spells.

Sure, a pure hacknet PE can kill a noobie hacknet spy, but that wasnt the point. A real hacknet spy would eat him for breakfast. If you wanna test this and play at Terra, gimme a DM at Volvo and we can truly test it instead of discussing.

EDIT: I dont know if a PE would cap lvl 2 software. But I can almost outheal capped lvl2 and if its liek a 500% attack, then I can stand completely still and outheal it. Like I said, Spys own hacknet.

ComatoseD
26-11-04, 13:55
Have to say I agree with Volvo on this 1.

Even if it is the face of the enemy.

8)

MaGn0lia
26-11-04, 14:01
I gotta say.. Volvo knows his net, you won't stand a chance against him.

Dribble Joy
26-11-04, 14:16
Here. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=119151)

pharabus
26-11-04, 14:42
cool, hacknet week, all my worries are behind me!! err maybe

I take your point about the PE but, sometimes its fun to play for fun, not to be the uber best. besides I have a rifle/barter spy and a pure HC tank so a PE is nice to add. Maybe one day I will even have a monk.

trigger hurt
26-11-04, 14:45
hacknet setup for the current v.03 software

INT
150 hack

DEX
130 TC

CON
70 NRG
70 XRAY
Rest in HLT

STR
30 trans
rest in resist force

I can hit myself with shelter/heal before entering a factions firewall, kill the 6 30/30 mobs before I die. Once inside there, it's pretty much a cakewalk.

codebreaker spines are only dropped in the factions dns. They are dropped off of the 60/60 mobs at least. Wouldn't know about any of the other mobs as I don't bother killing them, I would just truck it to the database to get what I needed.

eLcHi
26-11-04, 15:55
Orion']A PE caps at 60 INT.. Ohh, lvl 3 regen is 60 INT. The rest is higher. Dont forget that imps dont work in hacknet.

But Drugs do :P

[VP]Orion
26-11-04, 18:34
cool, hacknet week, all my worries are behind me!! err maybe

I take your point about the PE but, sometimes its fun to play for fun, not to be the uber best. besides I have a rifle/barter spy and a pure HC tank so a PE is nice to add. Maybe one day I will even have a monk.

Yeah, I can agree with that. Sometimes it can be fun to play something else than the cookiecutters.

Richard Blade
26-11-04, 21:15
Orion']A PE caps at 60 INT.. Ohh, lvl 3 regen is 60 INT. The rest is higher. Dont forget that imps dont work in hacknet. That means, he will have crappy software with crappy stats. Sure, a little higher CON, so what? Have you ever checked the difference between lvl 2 and 3 software? Its like blessed vs holy spells.

Sure, a pure hacknet PE can kill a noobie hacknet spy, but that wasnt the point. A real hacknet spy would eat him for breakfast. If you wanna test this and play at Terra, gimme a DM at Volvo and we can truly test it instead of discussing.

EDIT: I dont know if a PE would cap lvl 2 software. But I can almost outheal capped lvl2 and if its liek a 500% attack, then I can stand completely still and outheal it. Like I said, Spys own hacknet.

You're right, I forgot about the hacknet module levels.
They made PE's so they can do almost everything, almost well. :)

I don't have a PE setup for hacknet, if I ever do try it, I'll give you a shout and we can test things out. I don't have any open slots right now and I don't wanna lom the one that could come close to it(not capped yet).

Regards,
RB

[VP]Orion
27-11-04, 02:11
You're right, I forgot about the hacknet module levels.
They made PE's so they can do almost everything, almost well. :)

I don't have a PE setup for hacknet, if I ever do try it, I'll give you a shout and we can test things out. I don't have any open slots right now and I don't wanna lom the one that could come close to it(not capped yet).

Regards,
RB

When I answered earlier I didnt wanna mention rare soft even though I knew they were coming since I kinda hoped not that many would notice it. Now that they have posted it openly we can discuss that too. Right now a spy dominates with their lvl 3 soft, what do you think will happen with the rare soft? Its not like they are gonna have lower reqs than lvl 3 soft.

This just further proves my point, hacknet is a playground for spies.