PDA

View Full Version : Just 2 little ideas

LiL T
24-11-04, 15:11
Don't know if someone else suggested these but anyway

Problem Trade channel spam0rs
Arseholes typing crap then spamming it 50 times lolz yeah good fun O_o

Solution to problem
Have peoples game clients automaticly add these pricks to ignore list after they spam the same message 5 times or they spam over 8 messages in a short space of time. [self edit I'm silly :) ]

Problem GR ganking
Going through a GR is meant to be a safe method of transportation but with the new auto GR backpack its anything other than safe :wtf:
Yes I'm aware I have gr ganked people and so have many others cos RED=DEAD right ?

Solution to this problem
People have said making a safezone around the GR would stop it but as others stated it would be too exploitable. So why not have people stealthed when they first come through a GR for like 20 - 30 seconds this would give them time to look whos around. If they see enemy players they would have 2 choices

1. Say fook that man!! turn around and GR out :p

2. Run for a place to hide and wait for SI

your thoughts?

jernau
24-11-04, 15:13
The chatbox is resizable.

superfresh
24-11-04, 15:21
You should be able to mute individual players, in any chat mode. Ever find yourself on someone's buddy list and have no idea who they are? In those cases you can't use your own buddy list without listening to someone else's conversation.

LiL T
24-11-04, 15:21
The chatbox is resizable.

Erm yeah your right took you to tell me though I never seen that little button :)

S a W
24-11-04, 15:24
I spam s,d s,d s,d cause ppl dont tend to look at the chatbox often- so no i wouldnt like to be ignored.
dont gr if u think ur going to get pk'd - run to where ever ur wanting to go.

Birkoff
24-11-04, 15:32
Add them to ignore if they annoy you, Thats whats its there for.

Run if your scared of GRing. Or gr somewhere safe.

Two sorted problems.

Mechanicus
24-11-04, 16:28
the GR stealth idea is actually good

nice work grasshopper

BlackDove
24-11-04, 16:32
Err

Just make the time out on the Trade like 10seconds. It's 1 second now.

Xadhoom
24-11-04, 17:27
Going through a GR is meant to be a safe method of transportatioN

no. some grs are marked with "critical" "unsafe" "safe" etc. Learn to read.

LiL T
24-11-04, 22:22

Lol like they mean fuck all in a world with no safezones ...

The GR stealth thing could stop people leaving the game and generaly make people more happy

giga191
25-11-04, 00:06
They mean nothing since enemies can be at any gr except your own apt.

BTW i like the idea of being stealthed when you gr in. You could say that it takes time for the molecules in you body to re-assemble so therefore you only see the un-oxygenated (sp?) blood when you've just gred in.

berty
25-11-04, 00:38
how about instead of the "stealth" out of a genrep you get an "LE" effect - you cant draw a weapon on anyone but likewise you cant be shot till your si disappears? (obviously both options would not be activated in war zones :))

Tostino
25-11-04, 00:40
I love it *****!

darknessfairy
25-11-04, 01:52
nice one lil t i think you cracked it there!

i love the stealthed out of GR idea. might need tweaking with the warzones etc as someone said, but otherwise *****

and the chat message delay needs to be longer as again, somone said. simple to implement i presume? correct me if im wrong, just a change of a number here or there ?

LiL T
25-11-04, 06:58
nice one lil t i think you cracked it there!

i love the stealthed out of GR idea. might need tweaking with the warzones etc as someone said, but otherwise *****

and the chat message delay needs to be longer as again, somone said. simple to implement i presume? correct me if im wrong, just a change of a number here or there ?

Yeah places like the MB and city areas