PDA

View Full Version : yo yo affect

Bronx
24-11-04, 10:00
Hello,

For the last month or so I have been bothered by a very anoying bug in NC. And time I zone into or our of a UG / hacknet I get this yo yo affect. I start to run and get pulled right back to the UG / entrace to hacknet like 5-6 times. Is anyone else having this problem?

-Bronx

naimex
24-11-04, 10:03
you got any problems, with data loss ?

that happens to me in other games, when the connection is overloaded.

packets getting lost between computer and server.. mostly in CS and AA.

spongeb0b
24-11-04, 10:05
I have hadf this problem before in nc1... but not yet in nc2, i don't know what it is but naim sounds clever so maybe it's that? ;)

MaGn0lia
24-11-04, 10:13
Sounds like lost packages to me, usually hapens when client is displaying what you are doing and after server checks your position you are teleported to the spot server sees you are in.

I haven't gotten that since the time me and my two buddies played NC in the same room back in the days. Now it doesn't allways give large ping, you can have low ping and loads of choke/packet loss.

QuickFix
24-11-04, 10:28
its not packet loss afaik.

its down to you not being fully synced into a zone before you move.

swicthing graphics drivers fixed this for me.

i went back to catalyst from the omega ones, no problems now.

Bugs Gunny
24-11-04, 10:45
Got it on one of my two comps who use the same drivers and dx7, it's teh Vsynch thing, turn it back on.

QuickFix
24-11-04, 10:53
never had vsynch on and i dont get it anymore

-=Dredduk=-
24-11-04, 16:38
This annoying thing has caused me to die in hacknet many times :(

Lag like a yoyo... then lag forward=fall of hacknet

Smok3d
25-11-04, 01:49
cant find my vsynch options on my gfx card :confused:

naimex
25-11-04, 02:15
cant find my vsynch options on my gfx card :confused:

display properties, settings, advanced, <name of graphics card>, settings for performance and quality, vertical synchronizing = <set setting to whatever> (i have it always disabled).

Wraith Guard
25-11-04, 06:05
Yo bronx, i get it aswell. ive had it since installing the omega drivers when i turn vsync on i dont get it. So i guess u just gotta leave it on or go back to the catalyst drivers. BTW smoked i dont think u have a vsync option with some of the catalyst drivers.

Bronx
25-11-04, 06:18
ok lemme try that out