PDA

View Full Version : What's Been Happening?

Maloch Octavia
23-11-04, 21:10
Left Neocron because I joined the British Armed Forces, Royal Army Veterinary Corps, Dog Handler / Trainer.

What's been happening since B:DoY came around, and what has changed? I want to come back with my near capped Spies, covering Researching, Driving, Hacking and Droning.

Any comments on the game to date?

Cheers!

Genty
23-11-04, 21:16
Hello you old scamp!

Can't really comment too much. Lots of bad shit have happened however slowly good shit is begining to happen. Drones got a good seeing to (should make you happy) but many bugs remain. Pops are...not very encouraging but then again I did not expect anything special till they release the box game in the UK and US.

MaGn0lia
24-11-04, 10:22
Well it's basically the same as NC1, some new content like the dome is here, and woc tunnels, new player models, woc skills (no items yet tho), minor changes here and there, and now that we are past the drone theme week, the drones should work bit better and got some new drones and models/hud. Oh and as a driver you'll like the new flying things tho the disappearing vehicles are still in so don't fly high on zone borders since there is fall damage again :p

What more? well they slapped pluto, uranus and saturn on one server but still the population numbers are low. But I think that explained something.

Nidhogg
24-11-04, 11:51
I want to come back with my near capped Spies, covering Researching, Driving, Hacking and Droning.

Sounds like you should be in luck. Research missions were completely revamped for NC2. The chance of failing research were reduced to the same level as the chance of failing to construct. A bunch of new flying vehicles were added. Hacknet is in and droning has been overhauled and extended (check out the "Theme Weeks" forum for more details).

N

Maloch Octavia
25-11-04, 20:43
The game isn't released yet? I thought it was. *Blinks*
Oh well, don't get to see much when you spend most of your days teaching dogs how to rip out someones throat. :) (I wish)

Drone Theme Week? Damn, wish I'd seen that. Is it still possible to have Droner Death Squads(tm) or have they been watered down? I remember my screenshot I posted with over 30 Black Dragon members slaughtered on a two day spree with my Drones.. Beautiful..

So.... From what has been said, the DoY expansion hasn't been released full swing yet?

Can one of you go into more detail as to what has been going wrong lately? What's the pop counts at, and how many servers are there now? How did they get round the converting your sets to one server??

More details please... I don't have access to the game so I can't check it out.

Thanks peeps!!

OpTi
25-11-04, 20:48
it's released you just can't buy a boxed version anywhere but in germany

SilKK
25-11-04, 23:31
dog trainer omg win

BlackDove
26-11-04, 00:58
over 30 Black Dragon members !

Yeah, someone forgot to mention: there are no BlackDragon members in NC2.

Maloch Octavia
26-11-04, 20:17
Really? No BD members?? Where did all the idiots that used to BD go then?

Still looking for a bit more indepth detail though lads, c'mon.. Pwweasse...

BlackDove
26-11-04, 20:30
Jist of it - Terra fused Saturn Uranus and Pluto.

The overall feel on the server is Saturn. Red = Dead, and allies too when they feel like it.

Allied PKing, and farming of QBelts isn't really that shocking no more.

Basically lots of PKing, Ninja Hacking, and whoever coined the idiotic term - kudos - "Zerging", if you can describe it in those terms.

Basically, the server is running the /set idiot_mode 1 function now.

There's some good stuff in the game too, but I forgot what it was.

Maloch Octavia
26-11-04, 20:34
Now that sucks, because I remember Saturn being a nasty place to be, full of nasty people.

So what are the population counts like for Terra, and what is the split of DoY to Neocron?

Morganth
26-11-04, 20:39
Now that sucks, because I remember Saturn being a nasty place to be, full of nasty people.

And I remember Pluto being a nasty place to be, where everything was < Pluto. And Uranus was a chatbox :p

The overall feel on Terra may be similar to the old Saturn (as in it doesn't exist anymore), but that might have something to do with the majority of the influential population being from Saturn. Tough shit really, lol.

You have to adapt to survive, thats all I can say.

Maloch Octavia
26-11-04, 20:42
I did, that's why if I recall, two of my Spies are stuck in the wastelands with over -90 SL.

:D

Ah well, don't think I'll come back just yet.

Morganth
26-11-04, 20:47
I did, that's why if I recall, two of my Spies are stuck in the wastelands with over -90 SL.

:D

Ah well, don't think I'll come back just yet.

Nice to see you are fitting in :p

It seems to me you are only likely to get ganked by "John Smith" of an allied faction if you are unclanned. I can stand in Plaza 1 on any of my clanned characters, and won't get touched if someone starts randomly ganking peeps. However if I am on an unclanned alt then some little turd decides to kill me.

Spermy
27-11-04, 00:50
Sounds like you should be in luck. Research missions were completely revamped for NC2. The chance of failing research were reduced to the same level as the chance of failing to construct. A bunch of new flying vehicles were added. Hacknet is in and droning has been overhauled and extended (check out the "Theme Weeks" forum for more details).

N

New flying vehicles crash constantly - aren't worth the metal they were made with. HAcknet is in - bit barely working. Droning is however relatively good now. Still waiting on the fix they say they have...

I'm all for pimping nid - but... don't pimp the knackered stuff.

Mr Kot
29-11-04, 22:37
I'll pimp teh researching, then :p

Ressing is far less of a headache now. You can do E part after E part in the comfort of your own apartment. You don't need a lab bonus as they don't fail half as much as they used to.

It's because of this that u don't waste as much lube too. I'm glad that KK have managed to nerf at least one time/moneysink.

Carinth
29-11-04, 23:02
Hi maloch! I think I've said it several times in other threads, but kk is throwing us a curveball. They've been doing a really awesome job lately, communication is higher then it ever was before, and it's clear kk is really trying to improve the game for us. They've started a theme week program in which they take an issue and spend anywhere from a week to a month focusing the entire kk staff on just it. They've worked wonders on Drones, which was effectively dead before. They're now starting Hacknet, which should be just as good.

Now the but... They're also doing completely nonsensical stuff and in some ways communication is back in the dog house. Like it's been about 2 weeks since the last patch, which was on a friday and introduced 3 or so new problems to the game, yet nothing has been said about that. Even something as glaring as Implants nolonger dropping when you die. Also their priorities are a bit odd, everyone agrees theme weeks are great, but why did they start with Droners and now Hacknet? There are a good number of huge issues with NC2 that effect nearly everyone, why aren't these getting top priority? Two big ones for example are, neither Player Shops nor Item Tracking have been put in yet, even though we were promised these as top priority NC2 features. Another bizzare action was deciding that now is the time to launch a new server over in Asia, a similar deal as the French server is with another company maintaining it.

Quake
30-11-04, 07:03
Man that job you got sounds sweet for being an army job.

Anyways, yea some stuff has been improved, but realy nothing new to do in the game realy. Wb's, Firemobs, Chaos cave, Ceres, MC5 and PvP thats the options you have basicly.