Xeno LARD
23-11-04, 18:19
good news!!! more nibs to pk lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

there not gonna use our servers.

there not gonna have any impact on us.

[Edited]

sanityislost
23-11-04, 18:20
Its great, will give KK a bigger cash flow.

SiL ..:..

Tratos
23-11-04, 18:20

They already have.

Neocron 2 as it stands is a good but not complete product, this early i think All focus should be on the existing market i.e. Europe & America and with getting Neocron2 in its current state up to release standard for atleast the outside german territories release then once this is done ReaKKtor should continue/start there work with an Asian release.

Theme Weeks was a good thing and with only one theme gone KK should atleast have followed it up imediatly, with the second theme and to fix the most prying issues (some of which are fixed and probably should have been patched last week) as well as get Item Tracking where it should be i.e. working

This is my view on the whole asia thing, this player base is getting lower once again day by day if the game isnt working fully (pretty much meaning the only thing you can do with it is add stuff) before KK try to get more players as they will show up see the incomplete state of Neocron 2 and leave, where as if the game is fixed then aimed at a new area the influx of people may stay a while longer.

Again this is just my opinion some people may think its great.

Edit: although its good KK will be getting more money - money staff which would lead to Neocron 2 being made better faster i still think the bad outways the good points this time.

--------------------
No time to spell check, there may be some errors.

Dribble Joy
23-11-04, 18:22
who cares . . . . .

Not necissarily.
There is a possibility that many/some will come to the other servers.
As said they will bring in a huge amount of revinue (hopefully), so more hard cash for paid GMs perhaps, more coders, better hardware etc.
Also the greater publicity is a big thing.

athon
23-11-04, 18:23
It does affect us... it's taking away resources from devleoping the features and stabiltiy we have been promised and we should have had upon release of NC2.

As I feared, KK seem far more intent on chasing new customers than keeping their current ones, and if they're not careful they will lose both (current customers will go because things fall apart, MORE promises aren't kept, etc; Meanwhile their ability to get new customers will deteriorate because of bad word of mouth, bad reviews, bad experiances, lack of content to keep people here, people quickly realising things are falling apart).

IMO KK need to concentrate on getting the game up to scratch, fixing the major problems, providing us with the content we've been promised and the game badly needs (eg. player shops to help the economy and item distribution).

Now, I'm happy with C2P personally, but KK don't even seem to be chasing new customers, returnees from their current regions, which they could get if they provided another payment method. Instead they seem to see "asian mmorpgs doing well - run run run!"

KK seem to be playing "good developer", "bad devleoper" with us. A few weeks ago we get the lovely announcement about theme weeks, followed by an excellent droners week, then suddenyl - bang! We're off to chase players on the other side of the world - stuff you lot!

Athon Solo

[TgR]KILLER
23-11-04, 18:23
yea i don't know why it should be considderd that bad.. like they are getting more people playing more money more coders more things added etc.. its improvement..

but half of the people here aint on that age yet were they can think that way they just think omg not our servers no more people to kill not 1337 :rolleyes: :lol:

anyway.. i just see it as the french server is maintained by another company then KK themself.. only now its totally setup appart from the euro NC players.. shouldn't be bad.

Xeno LARD
23-11-04, 18:25
Asia, in particular Korea is known for it's people h4xing games. Might want to make sure it's Uberly secure.

plague
23-11-04, 18:25
[ edited ]
well surley there r some asian dudes who will wanna play english server :rolleyes:

naimex
23-11-04, 18:38
I don´t see why anyone could be hostile towards, spending 1 week, in exchange for a shitload of cash for KK...

cash means coders..

coders mean bugfixes..

and on top of that.... bigger client base. more people online...

Who could possibly object to that.

Tratos
23-11-04, 18:41
I don´t see why anyone could be hostile towards, spending 1 week, in exchange for a shitload of cash for KK...

cash means coders..

coders mean bugfixes..

Im not against it, i just think it would be nice if we still had some development this week i.e. patching the last of the drone fixes (HUD etc)

if this happens although im not a droner i'll be happy again.

23-11-04, 18:43
So let me get this straight....

Asia get an English retail product before the existing English markets?!....

At the risk of being acused of an anti-German or anti-German community comment (which this certainly isnt intended to be) its Intersting how when the German community are unhappy with something KK seem to [suddenly] take [more] notice.

It seems to me that the essence of people unhappiness with the Asia release is that NC2 is still not 'finished' in the territories where it is already released and any new launch of the existing product may very well fail/go wrong because the product is unfinished

Its not that the players dont want more players - more money for KK - better product. Its more a worry that a release now will equal more new unhappy customers - no more customers long term - KK spead even thinner than they already are/no change whatsoever

That and the fact that people are still wondering when there will be a retail release outside germany yet in the existing territories to try and increase players on the existing servers (and not new servers that we dont play on)

athon
23-11-04, 18:44
Im not against it, i just think it would be nice if we still had some development this week i.e. patching the last of the drone fixes (HUD etc)

That would be nice considering it's been apparently fixed for over a week now. A feature broken by a patch that came out on a FRIDAY - which KK said they wouldn't do so they have time to hotfix stuff.

Oh, and more coders != more work done.

Athon Solo

giga191
23-11-04, 18:44

cash means coders..

coders mean bugfixes..

who cares . . . . .

This guy :rolleyes:

naimex
23-11-04, 18:46

for the possibilities a successfull launch in asia can have.. I would gladly wait 1 single week for a fix to a minor graphical problem.

This guy :rolleyes:

hes not objecting, hes being passive.

Tratos
23-11-04, 18:47
for the possibilities a successfull launch in asia can have.. I would gladly wait 1 single week for a fix to a minor graphical problem.

Its show stopping for some users as without a HUD/Crosshair they cannot play there characters. (as this bug seems to have constant effect in indoors areas)

naimex
23-11-04, 18:50
Its show stopping for some users as without a HUD/Crosshair they cannot play there characters. (as this bug seems to have constant effect in indoors areas)

??

last images I saw was a very sexy drone HUD....

Tratos
23-11-04, 18:52
??

last images I saw was a very sexy drone HUD....

I think from what ive read/skimmed over some user (mostly) DX7 cant actualy see the new HUD as its drawn behind what there looking at, so like drawn behind a hill or a wall so they cant see it unless they look up.

Out of interest as its gonna be like an AD arrangement....whos the company?

BlackDove
23-11-04, 18:54
Asia was a hasty and idiotic move for NC.

This ranks with the good ideas of picking Click2pay and CDV as compaines which are to be affiliated with Reakktor and this game.

Whoever's making these decisions, is burning cash.

Yeah? Prove me wrong.

naimex
23-11-04, 18:55
I think from what ive read/skimmed over some user (mostly) DX7 cant actualy see the new HUD as its drawn behind what there looking at, so like drawn behind a hill or a wall so they cant see it unless they look up.

Out of interest as its gonna be like an AD arrangement....whos the company?

why not just use DX 9 then ??

I havent had any problems with DX 9 at all so far...

and yeah.. I would like to second Tratos, who is the Asian (Singaporean) Company ?

Weazle
23-11-04, 18:55
Asia get an English retail product before the existing English markets?!....

No Asia is getting a beta english server located in Asia :)

Personally I think its good to expand and they're banking on people who play games more hardcore than hardcore NC fans ... Its a chance they're going to stick around longer than you think.

As for the German community in uproar about it ... understandable because of the amount of bugs but the fact that it gets notice more than the English community is a bit of a slap in the face.

Let's face it ..... its only a week for now .... its not like they're stalling all development for months on NC1 bugs while they were working on NC2.
:o

BlackDove
23-11-04, 18:56

and yeah.. I would like to second Tratos, who is the Asian (Singaporean) Company ?

When you figure out how to work DX9 on a TNT2 - you let me know.

MkVenner
23-11-04, 18:56

some people cant use DX9, i use 7, coz with 9 i get <10 FPS and a draw distance of like an inch on a 9800pro, And my laptop doesnt get the DX9 option for some reason.

Plus some people get the error with DX9 still

naimex
23-11-04, 18:58
When you figure out how to work DX9 on a TNT2 - you let me know.

.... install nvidia drivers, and install directx 9.0 C

... ?

actually, is TNT 2 OGL or D3D card ?

some people cant use DX9, i use 7, coz with 9 i get <10 FPS and a draw distance of like an inch on a 9800pro, And my laptop doesnt get the DX9 option for some reason.

Plus some people get the error with DX9 still

???????

i have 100 - 200 fps constantly on GeForce FX 5200

and on my laptop i think i have 60 - 80 fps on whatever card that is..

running DX 9 on both.

23-11-04, 18:58
Let's face it ..... its only a week for now .... its not like they're stalling all development for months on NC1 bugs while they were working on NC2.
:o

You'll forgive me if I dont hold my breath......

BlackDove
23-11-04, 18:59
.... install nvidia drivers, and install directx 9.0 C

... ?

actually, is TNT 2 OGL or D3D card ?

O.o

O.o

Keeping it simple and non insultive - It's not possible.

naimex
23-11-04, 19:01
O.o

O.o

Keeping it simple and non insultive - It's not possible.

well no offense but you can get atleast a graphics card like mine for like... 30 pounds..

maybe its time to upgrade..... ?

BlackDove
23-11-04, 19:02
Got a Radeon 9600 pro sitting right next to me.

Wanna give me the money for new mobo, processor and RAM?

naimex
23-11-04, 19:04
Got a Radeon 9600 pro sitting right next to me.

Wanna give me the money for new mobo, processor and RAM?

its christmas... ask Santa ^^

why dont you just plug it in then ??

giga191
23-11-04, 19:06
hes not objecting, hes being passive.
He was making a statement, one which wasn't particularly positive and was basically saying that there would be no reward for us and therefore saying that it is a waste of KKs time. You may even say that he was being HOSTILE :eek:

:rolleyes:
EDIT: wow I've got a GFX 5200 and i get like 30 fps. what mem and processor you got?

BlackDove
23-11-04, 19:06
its christmas... ask Santa ^^

why dont you just plug it in then ??

I AM ZE FREEZE!

Freezes every few seconds. Manual reboot. AGP slot no workie I think. Tho TNT2 works good in the slot.

BTW does it bother you we hijacked the thread? I don't mind really.

naimex
23-11-04, 19:09
I AM ZE FREEZE!

Freezes every few seconds. Manual reboot. AGP slot no workie I think. Tho TNT2 works good in the slot.

BTW does it bother you we hijacked the thread? I don't mind really.

well, it serves a good cause, if we could have found a solution to the problem..

you checked the voltage levels on the agp port ?

some agp cards require 3.3 volt others only 2.3 (or close to 2.3)

BlackDove
23-11-04, 19:10
Wouldn't know how to alter it even if I could see it. I can see the voltage levels - all nice and green (good) - but uhh, don't even know which one is for the AGP slot.

Basically - a pain.

naimex
23-11-04, 19:11
Wouldn't know how to alter it even if I could see it. I can see the voltage levels - all nice and green (good) - but uhh, don't even know which one is for the AGP slot.

Basically - a pain.

should be listed in the manual for motherboard, and the manual for the graphics card, what voltage level they ran at.

BlackDove
23-11-04, 19:12
Manual is in PDF

Acrobat = dead

XPDF - don't know where to download a working copy.

Graphics card doesn't come with a manual btw.

naimex
23-11-04, 19:17
Manual is in PDF

Acrobat = dead

XPDF - don't know where to download a working copy.

Graphics card doesn't come with a manual btw.

^^ :wtf:

no paper manual ??? bad..
acrobat dead.... really bad
xpdf ??? what ?
graphics card no manual ?? ..... very bad..

its rare i dont get a manual with the stuff i buy... usually there are so many manuals you dont have room for them..

-FN-
23-11-04, 19:20
The only good I can see coming from our point of view is:

- Asians start playing on the "Asian" Server.
- It ends up being a barren wasteland like Pandore.
- We retain a small % of their population who actully stick with the game and move to a more populated server, Terra.

Other than that, just the additional income hopefully will help the NC2 cause :rolleyes:

MrChumble
23-11-04, 19:22
who cares . . . . .

I care for the reasons you just listed. KK are going to have to devote considerable time and effort to getting NC2 off the ground in asia, and what benefits will it bring to Terra, with the stagnant population and all the horrible gameplay issues? Off the top of my head I'd say 'none' in the short or medium term, and personally I'm too sick of the problems for the long term to matter.

MkVenner
23-11-04, 19:28
???????

i have 100 - 200 fps constantly on GeForce FX 5200

and on my laptop i think i have 60 - 80 fps on whatever card that is..

running DX 9 on both.
I get 350+ running Dx7, and a....acceptable draw distance, and 100 ~ on my Laptop

Kick it into Dx9 on the PC and i get <10 most of the time and a draw distance that barely reaches the end of a CM Clan app, and ive tried all latest drivers and older drivers

Carinth
23-11-04, 19:51
Saying its no big deal to wait another week is not taking into consideration that we've already been waiting for quite a long time. We waited for the past 3 weeks while drones got fixed, hoping they'd start on an issue like player shops which impacts a lot more of us. Before that we've waited several months of Nc2 hoping they'd fix up the many problems that were carried over from nc1. Before that we spent a year or so waiting for them to release nc2 so we could ditch the sinking ship that was nc1. I could go on about how we waited for a year or two in nc1 for them to fix issues from beta and generaly finish the game.

It adds up, and every day they delay more people give up on kk and go find a new game. An Asian release will be just the same as the Nc2 release, an initial flurry of new customers, then they encounter all the hostile existing players and encounter all the bugs/problems with the game and encounter all the missing features and we're back to the sinking ship.

Yelly
23-11-04, 20:01
Mny ppl that get really crap fps are those who got via chipset on their mobo.
Dove check in system if you got that too because to mee it seems like it.
If that is the case I will post info how to solve that problem.
And for the asian servers.....
As said possible more cash = more coders = better support... Hopefully
But then again they are common for cheating and stuff too in gaming
community...
Let´s just hope they will not ruin the game

Weazle
23-11-04, 20:37

Does this affect the older VIA chipsets like the KT266A ? O_o

Brammers
23-11-04, 20:46
I was reading Holger's annoucement that some of the responses was negative, especially from ther German community. Any German speakers (Or even Holger) want to summerise what was said?

Currently I am in the camp of "This is a good thing" for the long term.

QuickFix
23-11-04, 21:12
More customers = More money = More staff = Better neocron

its already been said it will be run in the style of "alchemic dream" or whatever there called.

so none of the above apply

Seven
23-11-04, 21:14
Set up in Asia and anywhere else, hey that's great, but don't leave your current customers hanging while you do it.

If it wasn't for us, KK wouldn't be able to set up in Asia because they would be broke.
Heck I think this move is to try and save a sinking ship, but that's just my opinion and I'm frustrated with the lack of support long time customers and current ones are getting so meh...

I understand more money is supposed to = more resources for NC2 (providing it goes towards that)

We already payed to upgrade to what was supposed to be a free expansion and an increase in monthly fees, but yet NC2 is very incomplete.

So the more money = better Neocron statements don't really say much from past and current actions.

So we are delayed because of this move and then the Holidays are right around the corner, so vacation time for KK workers (and hey man you guys deserve a rest, we know you have been busting ass) so no problem there.

The thing is, now we're looking at what, January, February for item tracking and player shops?
I dunno, you do the math...

A solid product will sell much better and retain new customers (Asia for example) then a product of the quality we currently have.

Genty
23-11-04, 21:18
its already been said it will be run in the style of "alchemic dream" or whatever there called.

Well, I would expect some money has to be paid to KK for the game code...either they get money for the games sold or royalties...dunno how it works but certainly more money, should be a factor. Just heavily dependant if they get their arse into gear and fix more key problems or not.

SigmaDraconis
23-11-04, 22:06
w00 I cant wait to see the massive amount of bitch threads about zerging once the asians hit the market. or so&so has been camping MC5 with 20 of his buddies for 52 hours straight and we cant get rid of them!

Otherwise if its going to be an independant server it still introduces Asia to the NC universe which means an inevitable flow to the existing servers.

giga191
23-11-04, 22:13

note the word 'better'

NaKoth
23-11-04, 22:16
I didnt read the previous comments (its late)
but NC going to Asia is a good thing imo.
The Asian markets are so huge.. that if handeled correctly these little online numbers that we have now, will look quite different in future.

True, they might use own servers there and not join in the current ones, wich is sad, but more money = better product developement.

Hopefully after Asian preparations there will be European and US release short after !

SigmaDraconis
23-11-04, 22:18
True, they might use own servers there and not join in the current ones, wich is sad, but more money = better product developement.

Hopefully after Asian preparations there will be European and US release short after !

Not one..but TWO very very dangerous assumptions when dealing with KK.

Yelly
23-11-04, 22:31
"Does this affect the older VIA chipsets like the KT266A"

Yes it sure do.It affects all via chipsets

giga191
23-11-04, 22:34
Not one..but TWO very very dangerous assumptions when dealing with KK.
yes coz if we assume that, we might just die :eek:

BlackDove
23-11-04, 22:55
Dove check in system if you got that too because to mee it seems like it.
If that is the case I will post info how to solve that problem.
And for the asian servers.....
As said possible more cash = more coders = better support... Hopefully
But then again they are common for cheating and stuff too in gaming
community...
Let´s just hope they will not ruin the game

Does this affect the older VIA chipsets like the KT266A ? O_o

Yep, you got it.

It's KT266 exactly on the spot.

AK-77pro AOPEN.

http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/ak77pro.htm

Shitass of the shitass.

Yelly
23-11-04, 23:19
Go here about the drivers so we do not continue this post
with off topic stuff
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1693522#post1693522

Spoon
24-11-04, 07:18
Hell ya, bring'um on1!!!!!11

Personally, I think it's great....

As long as KK throws me a bone now and then, and doesn't get too distracted with the Asian release, I'll be happy....

Hell, I wish we could play an the same servers as the Asians.....zhende!

Zai jian

netster
24-11-04, 09:46
cool for me ... NC2 should rock asia ... than we could get the fingers on some asia-kung-fu-kickass-code to fix some daaawm bugs bugs/fatals. And they could port most of the code into java, than my linuxbox could run nc2 too :D

QuickFix
24-11-04, 10:30
Well, I would expect some money has to be paid to KK for the game code...either they get money for the games sold or royalties...dunno how it works but certainly more money, should be a factor. Just heavily dependant if they get their arse into gear and fix more key problems or not.

did anyone see an improvement in the quality, gameplay, number of coders, support etc wehn Venus was started up?

i believe this will be the same.

sorry to be negative

MrChumble
24-11-04, 11:03
sorry to be negative
I'm not. Before NC2 it was all about Germany, now the focus is Asia. This might secure the long term future of NC2, but it could be the death of Terra.

Crazy idea I know, but how about a "sort out all the gameplay problems that everyone hates" theme week. Them maybe KK would have a product that's worth pushing into Asia and (scuse me while I laugh at this idea) possibly even Europe.

I can't see how Holger could expect anyone to be excited by this news. At best it's like "ok but do it quickly and get back to important things". Like fixing the fscking game :mad:

24-11-04, 11:20
Crazy idea I know, but how about a "sort out all the gameplay problems that everyone hates" theme week. Them maybe KK would have a product that's worth pushing into Asia and (scuse me while I laugh at this idea) possibly even Europe.

Methinks that might take more than a week.... :-)

Babai
24-11-04, 12:22
I think its a very good thing that NC 2 will be available for asian markets. The potential playerbase only in South Korea is greater than prolly in the whole Europe due to various reasons such as PC rooms, lots of active gaming magazines, high speed internet available cheap for everyone, etc. Also, US players might get better pings to Singapoor than to Europe.

LTA
24-11-04, 12:34
I think its a very good thing that NC 2 will be available for asian markets. The potential playerbase only in South Korea is greater than prolly in the whole Europe due to various reasons such as PC rooms, lots of active gaming magazines, high speed internet available cheap for everyone, etc. Also, US players might get better pings to Singapoor than to Europe.
heh might be good but a asian company is running it so its gonna be the asian equiv of Pandore...

The only ppl to gain are kk who will get paid we might see a few ppl appearing cuz of beta but they will get ganked or something or sync, fre experience one of the gazillion bugs and go back to their stable mmos

Weazle
24-11-04, 13:00
go back to their stable mmos

The only stable MMO I've seen upon release so far has been City Of Heroes. Most of the major MMOs (eg. SWG, EQ, PlanetSide) upon release in the last few years have had massive bugs and problems.

With the bigger player base in Asia, I hope more problems will be reported, tested and reproduced. At this time there are not enough users that report bugs (me including :p) ..... we have grown accustomed to the bugs and ignore them.

Genty
24-11-04, 13:09
did anyone see an improvement in the quality, gameplay, number of coders, support etc wehn Venus was started up?

i believe this will be the same.

sorry to be negative

Population of France: 60 mil (ish)
Population of Asia: Way more than 10 even 20 times that. (can't find decent fiqures)

Philchow
24-11-04, 13:12

Don't forget Belgium, Swiss, Québec, etc... ( :p )!

Genty
24-11-04, 13:22
Don't forget Belgium, Swiss, Québec, etc... ( :p )!

Are they included?....If so yeah, add a half of what is there and get it about right.

jernau
24-11-04, 13:23
The only stable MMO I've seen upon release so far has been City Of Heroes. Most of the major MMOs (eg. SWG, EQ, PlanetSide) upon release in the last few years have had massive bugs and problems. That was true two or more years ago. Almost all recent releases have been pretty stable (compared to those older ones).

SWG was the last utter stinker and that was after things had started to improve, hence why it got panned so badly.

wrt the Asia thing - I think it won't affect us much unless it becomes a huge success (possible but unlikely). In the short term we have again lost contact with KK which I don't like but I hope will be fixed. Beyond that I really don't know what to expect but I assume the worst case is maintaining the status quo.

It may help all this wild specualation if we knew what was meant by "Asia" - Japan and/or Korea seem most likely but when you're talking about the biggest gaming markets in the world it would help to have more information.

garyu69
24-11-04, 14:16
I'm not. Before NC2 it was all about Germany, now the focus is Asia. This might secure the long term future of NC2, but it could be the death of Terra.Surely it would be better to focus on an English version of the game rather than spending all this money on getting a game released somewhere where they will need to do a lot of changes eventually and put a hell of a lot of cash into.

I would have thought that there would have been more money to be gained from promoting and releasing an English version of the game in the US and Europe, as opposed to trying to break into the asian market with a game that many still believe is not completed.

*sigh*

We're never going to get that one slot server are we :(

LTA
24-11-04, 14:22
The only stable MMO I've seen upon release so far has been City Of Heroes. Most of the major MMOs (eg. SWG, EQ, PlanetSide) upon release in the last few years have had massive bugs and problems.

With the bigger player base in Asia, I hope more problems will be reported, tested and reproduced. At this time there are not enough users that report bugs (me including :p) ..... we have grown accustomed to the bugs and ignore them.
They have FFXI over there, Asian population in that is massive, its practically bug free or at least you never notice em and none are game crippling and you dont synch out or fre etc etc
(and aren't all the above Sony US?)

Yeah its a pvm with small pvp but for some reason they love it

This is why i always said although nc is pvp core it should give more thought to pvm aswell cuz many ppl love playin to just fight mobs and tradeskill, if there was a good means for this i reckon alot more would come and then they can slowly learn about pvp and if they wish to participate.

Bugs annoy the heck outta me, the ones that have existed since early days just annoy me more and more they occur, something in the last patch sparked em of me again i used to get very few so little i was quite happy at it for a change but not now.
I am accustomed to it but others will just think Fuck That i aint paying to crash and quit.

I just think atm the kk/game only supports PVP while players have to make their own RP, the reason i enjoyed venus was because of the heavy gm involvement and how events/stories were going of and the pvm is just a grind point to keep you playin for more than a few weeks till you start think its cs.

24-11-04, 14:28
SWG was the last utter stinker and that was after things had started to improve, hence why it got panned so badly.

I must confess to being confused about why people think that SWG had a bad launch - granted most people couldnt log in on day one but I was playing about a week after launch (got it shipped to the UK) and I didnt have any problems - in fact its been one of the most stable MMORPGs I've ever played

Certainly not a competitor against a launch like Anarchy Online

I think alot of people think SWG had a bad launch because the game failed to meet so many peoples expectation (which I blame partly on the media hype and the rest on the players having massive & diverse expectations that no game ever would have been able to meet)

jernau
24-11-04, 14:36
I must confess to being confused about why people think that SWG had a bad launch - granted most people couldnt log in on day one but I was playing about a week after launch (got it shipped to the UK) and I didnt have any problems - in fact its been one of the most stable MMORPGs I've ever played

Certainly not a competitor against a launch like Anarchy Online

I think alot of people think SWG had a bad launch because the game failed to meet so many peoples expectation (which I blame partly on the media hype and the rest on the players having massive & diverse expectations that no game ever would have been able to meet)
Well the rollbacks, downtime and wipes for the first few months were so bad they had to credit people with playtime IIRC.

Then there were the rampant exploits and the fact they delivered even less of their feature list than NC2 has.

When I played it a month or so after launch you could still walk through most walls and that was one of the least serious bugs.

And let's not forget the forums with their "love us or be banned from the game" attitude even when their own staff were clearly furious at the way the launch was being run.

naimex
24-11-04, 14:41
When I played it a month or so after launch you could still walk through most walls and that was one of the least serious bugs.

They fixed this, just before i stopped playing...

but during the 7 months or so i had an active swg account, you could walk through the walls, if you found a corner.

Nicor
24-11-04, 14:44
Population of Asia: Way more than 10 even 20 times that. (can't find decent fiqures)

Well this is not relevant a comparison, simply because these 2 contries are very different. More people in Asia for sure, [Edit] :(

Nevertheless I also think that there will be more players in Asia. But you will have to compare it taking into account the "time" factor.

:)

jernau
24-11-04, 14:50
Well this is not relevant a comparison, simply because these 2 contries are very different. More people in Asia for sure, [Edit] :(
Considering that in gaming terms "Asia" probably means Japan and/or South Korea that is one of the most ignorant comments to date on this subject.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_gdp_ppp_cap&int=50

24-11-04, 14:52
Well the rollbacks, downtime and wipes for the first few months were so bad they had to credit people with playtime IIRC.

Then there were the rampant exploits and the fact they delivered even less of their feature list than NC2 has.

And let's not forget the forums with their "love us or be banned from the game" attitude even when their own staff were clearly furious at the way the launch was being run.

Ah I see where you are coming from (never personally encounted those but I'm not going to suggest they didnt/dont exist)

I wouldnt call that a bad launch though - just the usual, run of the mill buggy game (wont say buggy MMORPG because IMO the whole games industry has gone to shit and released buggy products).

Bad launches for me come down to unaccessible/unplayable games (i.e. AO) rather than buggy/exploitable games (others definition of 'bad launch' may vary however)

jernau
24-11-04, 14:57
Ah I see where you are coming from (never personally encounted those but I'm not going to suggest they didnt/dont exist)

I wouldnt call that a bad launch though - just the usual, run of the mill buggy game (wont say buggy MMORPG because IMO the whole games industry has gone to shit and released buggy products).

Bad launches for me come down to unaccessible/unplayable games (i.e. AO) rather than buggy/exploitable games (others definition of 'bad launch' may vary however)
I didn't play AO at launch but from what I've heard it may well have been worse. I'm sure some of the most serious issues lasted longer as it was a smaller market then, a smaller company in charge and they were breaking new ground.

That said the market had matured a LOT by the time of SWG and there were several games coming out that, while not perfect, were certainly very close - FFXI, L2 (US), CoH and many more all came out without major disasters. Even NC1 had a better launch than SWG and that's saying something.

24-11-04, 15:23
I didn't play AO at launch but from what I've heard it may well have been worse. I'm sure some of the most serious issues lasted longer as it was a smaller market then, a smaller company in charge and they were breaking new ground.

That said the market had matured a LOT by the time of SWG and there were several games coming out that, while not perfect, were certainly very close - FFXI, L2 (US), CoH and many more all came out without major disasters. Even NC1 had a better launch than SWG and that's saying something.

The only other thing that sticks out about the SWG launch was (and I could be wrong here - especially where the asian/korean markets are concerned) but wasnt SWG the biggest launch (in terms of number of people trying to play on launch day) ever thus far?

AOs 'launch' issues latest for at least a month (possibly longer - memory hazy here) and were so fundamental that people couldnt sign up, log in or had game stopping bugs - certainly my experience of SWG a week after launch was bliss compared to this.

Granted CoH is a very stable game (cont think of a single crash I've ever had in that) however, while it was great fun it lacked any 'meat' that would have kept me playing longer than a month (just another NPC bashing grind unfortunately)

I'd go so far as to say that, IMO, the NC2 launch was worse than SWG simply down to the fact that it was impossible for me to get hold of the client (so I couldnt play the game) until they put it on Fileplanet, the problems people had with c2p and here we are what? 3 months down the line with stuff still broken that was working in NC1 (before we even mention the stuff thats still broken from NC1)

jernau
24-11-04, 15:27
The only other thing that sticks out about the SWG launch was (and I could be wrong here - especially where the asian/korean markets are concerned) but wasnt SWG the biggest launch (in terms of number of people trying to play on launch day) ever thus far?
Not even close.

wrt NC2 launch - you'll notice I tried to avoid mentioning that ;).

Weazle
24-11-04, 15:59
Not even close.

THat's because we haven't had an English/International launch yet
:( :( :(

Carinth
24-11-04, 18:35
Not even close.

For the poor saps here in the us that wanted to play NC1 we had quite a lot of fun. We had to wait a month after the game was released for it to finnaly arrive in stores. I remember calling up gamestop every week only to have to explain what Neocron is and then be told they're expecting it next week. As I recall the problem was with the cd key's having a + instead of a 0. CDV pulled shipment because of this, even though kk had already put in a fix to allow the plus sign.

So no, nc1's release wasn't that good at all : ) NC2 was worse, but at least I was able to play on the first day of release.

jernau
24-11-04, 19:22
You'll notice I did say "that's saying something" ;).

Spermy
24-11-04, 19:24
Skimmed topic.

Couldn't give a toss.

/set Take_toss_back 1

So we get no patchiness... Meh. Server still gets it's maintenance - I'm sure if somebody leaves a PostIt note on one of the servers, and a set of crayons to draw the hud in properly, all will be well.

As for the asian market. Meh - I dunno what language it will be in - so many different languages (as in printed) round there, it'll be hard to implement one. But thats something I know nowt about at all - so not going to bother dwelling on it. Like a happy lil hobo - I'm moving on now.

Hopefully - we'll get a few bobbing in terra now and again...

meh...

/set Chill_winston 1

IceStorm
24-11-04, 20:44
Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Good thing I have LEs in all my chars. I'd hate to be accosted by a cybercafe party of South Koreans, killed without any idea what happened or why.

P.S. It's a really bad idea to launch more NC servers without a working item tracking system.

-FN-
24-11-04, 20:48
P.S. It's a really bad idea to launch more NC servers without a working item tracking system.

That evidently is the world's biggest secret because KK doesn't seem to get that :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
24-11-04, 22:32

exactly what happens when i use DX9... i burnt out my card and it only runs stably in dx7... wshich means im guessing where the crosshair is when droning :p

Znurf
25-11-04, 01:35
I think this is GREAT! Asian people love MMOs and it will be a flood of new people, which i think is cool, and also, these new partners, are asians, and they are crazy about this stuffs, and might start to fix lots of bugs and get around problems faster and better, also they get in lots of new cash, which is cool, so they can fix the game some more, i mean, the already existing servers wont feel much of the new players, cause the biggest floods will come on the new asian servers, and some new players might come to the other servers, (terra probobly), which is, if you ask me, great :) So we that already play on other servers will just feel the extra cash and more buggs fixed ;D I hope =)

Anyway, i think this will be great =)

Drake6k
25-11-04, 08:26
I'm kinda afraid. We are all doomed. You know like Ragnarok and Lineage. They'll play non stop and own us. Like a clan of 500 Koreans will be on 24/7 and take over Neocron :eek:

This is a Joke, please do not take offence. I'm just saying Asian countries are dedicated hardcore mmorpg players.

Spermy
25-11-04, 10:44
Hmm... I wonder if they'll go CA and ninja half of the map? :rolleyes:

jernau
25-11-04, 11:26
I'm kinda afraid. We are all doomed. You know like Ragnarok and Lineage. They'll play non stop and own us. Like a clan of 500 Koreans will be on 24/7 and take over Neocron :eek:

This is a Joke, please do not take offence. I'm just saying Asian countries are dedicated hardcore mmorpg players.
They will be on their own server so we'll be safe. Just like Pluto was ;).

Jesterthegreat
26-11-04, 21:21
Hmm... I wonder if they'll go CA and ninja half of the map? :rolleyes:

or TG?

Spermy
27-11-04, 00:43
or TG?

Touche. :lol: