View Full Version : Memorandum to all US citizens

Dribble Joy
23-11-04, 18:01
[ edited ]

You are well aware of the rules about no political discussions

QuickFix
23-11-04, 18:13
omfg, ahahahahahahahahaaha

i hope this doesnt get closed for politics or country flaming.

please mods take it ina light hearted manner

Opar
23-11-04, 18:22
*hand on heart*

Amen.

Tratos
23-11-04, 18:37
If only.... :(

Amen

Xeno LARD
23-11-04, 18:44
Bwahah.

Amen indeed.

Plight
23-11-04, 18:49
While i did get a chuckle out of some of them, some of them just made me angry, heh. But it seems anything that claims most americans are closed minded and arrogant make me angry. I know this post was made in all good fun, but here comes what you will deem an "arrogant american response".

First, it says 97 some odd percent of US citizens are ignorant to whats going on outside the country. Quite frankly, we have a damn good reason. We know about canada (though just dont really care about the candians.. damn hippies) and doings in mexico.... Being in the UK, you are practically surrounded by other cultures and countries. Therefore you are raised in an environment in which it is the norm to know what your neighbors are doing. We are on the other side of the world ffs. I know this isnt a perfect excuse, but trust me, if the uk was in the same position, THEY would be considered ignorant.

1) whether you want to believe it or not, the US has ITS OWN CULTURE. Just because you we say things different than you brits, doesnt mean its wrong. It says look in the "oxford dictionary"... gee... i wonder where that dictionary was made... how about you look it up in WEBSTERS dictionary.

3) Are the accents not similar? If you are raised in an area where you have constant interaction with people with accents, would you not innately have the ability to distinguish them more often. I hppen to be pretty good at it. Though theres a scottish guy where i work that i have problems understanding sometimes, some customer told me he could understand him because of his "german accent", and john told him to fuck off :D .

4) i love red dwarf :D

5) god save the queen? bleh... why? she is simply a political figure. would the country collapse if something were to happen to her... and then... what if there is no queen? or would the newly crowned king have to dress in drag...

7) Russians have never been the bad guys? Someone needs to read up on history 0_o (pets his vegetable peeler)

everything else gave me a bit of a laugh, hehe. but....

NOW IM GONNA GO GET MY LAWYER!

dem0n
23-11-04, 18:50
...agreed to the full extent

but

I'm getting the feeling this post will get wiped [not closed, but wiped], so copy paste this just in case :).

7) Russians have never been the bad guys? Someone needs to read up on history 0_o (pets his vegetable peeler)

you know what... actually forget it I'm to tired to argue about history with an american. btw russians are the good guys, if they were bad they wouldn't have needed to go to cuba after nato :)... hope you "catch my drift".

EDIT:

p.s. I think russians were the smartest people ever to become an american citizen ;), we shouldn't forget that.

athon
23-11-04, 18:58
Nice.

Although I'm personally more worried about what's coming up next on this side of the pond from the party who forced through a ban on fox hunting. The Parliament Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliament_Act) has been used only 7 times previously (one note documented on Wikipidia, but I am fairly reliably informed of). 4 of those since 1990, 3 of which were under the current Goverment. Twice in 1914 and once in 1949, ironically to push through changes to the act itself.

Athon Solo

berty
23-11-04, 19:11
Hmm

rather than snipping at our colonial cousins I think we should be more worried about the Europeanisation of our own country. The use of the parlimatary act is another scary issue that im sure will be wiped from this forum for being too political.

Just let me say that a law has to be given royal ascent to pass into the statutes but as the book says its not been used and I doubt that the queen would go against the goverment (not since they hinted at disbanding the royals and putting bubba blair up for president ) ;)

BlackDove
23-11-04, 19:15
Pollitical threads are a no-no, but very fun :)

MkVenner
23-11-04, 19:19
ROFL, best laugh ive had in a while lol, tho i cant agree with ALL american cars being banned, Mustangs, GT40s and a few others should be exempt :p

Gotterdammerung
23-11-04, 20:31
VERY lame and political

closed