PDA

View Full Version : Replacement of the "PALADIN" reward

GurTjaN
23-11-04, 16:40
As we all know if uve done all the epics you wont get paladin in your name or be able to switch factions for free ( correct me if im wrong ).

So what if we do it like this :

you've done the tangent epic and switch to another faction for example biotech. then when u want to go back to tangent you won't have to pay the full 300k but only like 1/3 or 1/2 of that sum because you already are a master of that faction.

That would be pretty fair wouldnt it ? if i want to get a moveon and ppr by doing the epics but still want to be back in my clan after that itll cost me 300+300+300 = 900k thats Alot of money

its just an idea and i want to know what ppl think of it its normal that if a master returns to its faction he has some sympathy left doesnt he ? :)

lemme know what u think of it

greetz gurt

Siygess
23-11-04, 16:46
I'm not sure that the "Paladin" title is actually in game - but should it ever be implemented, I say leave it as it is but rename the title to "Faction Whore".. or maybe something a bit nicer like, er, "Freelancer"

MaGn0lia
23-11-04, 16:51
I think that all epic rewards should be that you can go back to that faction for free or for very low price, because you are a valuable asset to the faction as it is allready proven by doing the epic, besides it wouldn't hurt since you have allready done the epic so what is the point anyway? Unless you want to go back to the faction you were earlier for a clan or something.

jernau
23-11-04, 18:04
KK haven't commented on anything relating to the Paladin status yet AFAIK.

We know it's not in atm but that's all we know.

I'd like to see it implemented as originally described - a tag but nothing more.

I do agree that a Faction Master ought to be able to return to the faction(s) he is a Master off for a MUCH lower fee - maybe as low as 50k, possibly with a higher sympathy req than normal though. Once the ER is done what is the harm, it's not like FSMs are worth the hassle :lol: :mad:.

LTA
23-11-04, 19:09
Don't think it should be paladin either way since i thought they were like Holy Warriors or something.

Freelance, Faction Master or something i dunno

don't think the reward should be anything but a title otherwise everyone will have it at some point, least a title most aren't really fussed to faff about

BlackDove
23-11-04, 19:11
Free of course, since I'm a paladin, and not stupid.

GurTjaN
23-11-04, 19:51
its a big job to get all the epics done and costs a lot of money espiacilly when u start in nc2 doing ( me yes... sighs )

A tag would be cool but id like to see that a lower fee is payed to return to your faction...

50 k should be a nice figure if it would be free than u could not like a guy quickly change faction for free, kill him without losing sl and than return to your own faction...

i personally think ppl will exploit that

jernau
23-11-04, 19:53
its a big job to get all the epics done and costs a lot of money espiacilly when u start in nc2 doing ( me yes... sighs )

A tag would be cool but id like to see that a lower fee is payed to return to your faction...

50 k should be a nice figure if it would be free than u could not like a guy quickly change faction for free, kill him without losing sl and than return to your own faction...

i personally think ppl will exploit that
Leaving a faction means taking a big hit to their sympathy already.

Even so I think a token fee makes sense.

ROZZER187
23-11-04, 20:15
faction whore :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
would be a funny title to see, but i see the point, you should get something for been an epic whore.

voted for return to faction for free
nice idea btw 5 stars :D

Killfly
23-11-04, 21:35
I voted for 'return for 100k' because that's the closest to 'return for 50k' :) I think 100k is a little much, but 50k should discourage abuse...

I also don't like the Paladin title - sounds a bit D&D to me... Make it something a bit more sci-fi (for want of a better word) and bring in the lower faction swap charge and everything's groovey by me :)

SigmaDraconis
23-11-04, 21:50
free or cheap (50k) faction transfers might make it worth being a Pally, otherwise having 90+ symp in multiple factions is a waste, this way you could whore about the FSM's for people.