PDA

View Full Version : Question to experienced drivers:

Zeres
23-11-04, 10:39
Hello fellow drivers (or better pilots)!

I am interested in starting a driver char who can drive (what a surprise, i know *g*) and gun effective at the same time. I heard various things about the vehicles, from "they suck" to "they are faster than an apu".

Could it be that those people were talking about different vhc´s? What is the best vhc to use for me? How is the driver protected in this vehicles?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bugs Gunny
23-11-04, 10:41
Best char for a driver gunner would be a HC PE.
Also a HC tank of hybrid tank with a reveler rocks too, as it's sooo cheap.

HC PE can get to drive a rhino and gun it, but i would stay with a reveler, as it's faster, does about the same dammage, and is 19nc to repair when destroyed.

eLcHi
23-11-04, 11:16
HC PE for sure

Mine can gun & drive all ground-vehicles

Or drive all vehicles except Hovercarrier and Adv. Assault Glider (fix the REQS !) and gun all VHC cept the Rhino (diff imp-setup)

Basically: if you`re lazy go with Rhino as you don`t take damage from the mobs ...
If you don`t want to risk a Rhino go with Reveller, but you need to watch your health ;)

btw, HC PE can cap Speedgat now :D

Zeres
23-11-04, 13:01
Thanks for that answers. So only way to get protected by a vehicle would be the rhino. Isnt there even a little protection against damage? Or is hunting warbots or 120/120 fire mobs with another vhc that rhino suicide?

And are there any vehicles which got gunner and pilot seat in one so i dont have to switch positions? I know I am lazy. :D

Bugs Gunny
23-11-04, 13:03
Assault scorpion trike.

Rockets do 3*300 to a warbot on a hc pe. put 50 point in hack.
Spec some repair and become rich in no time.

Zeres
23-11-04, 13:06
ouch

So the WB will be dead before he can think about firing at me. Might be nice with shelter/deflector (selfcast).

WBs do force-, energy- and radiation-damage, right?

EDIT: Where can I buy a heavy assault scorpion trike?

Maroc
23-11-04, 14:26
Only the Next FSM sells ist afaik. Cost: 600.000 Credits...

Bugs Gunny
23-11-04, 14:30
I believe it's in next database now, not shure.

Jessiah
23-11-04, 16:37
It's not in the database, only Rhino is. Trike is still like 570,000 from the FSM but if you get a nice barterer (which is about as common as tall, well hung man in Japan) it's around 300k w/150+ barter. That's how I got mine. Takes about 10 percent of my profits to repair but I can also get like 30 parts an hour on a good day.

Bugs Gunny
23-11-04, 16:48
Yeah, you'll need to find some clan in next, that is familiar with vehicles and willing to supply them, and that has some barters, now damn i know i've seen one, just can't think of the name right now..... :-)

eLcHi
23-11-04, 18:13
Good thing with Rhino is they`re cheap to replace if you know how :angel:

SorkZmok
24-11-04, 07:52
Thanks for that answers. So only way to get protected by a vehicle would be the rhino. Isnt there even a little protection against damage? Or is hunting warbots or 120/120 fire mobs with another vhc that rhino suicide?

And are there any vehicles which got gunner and pilot seat in one so i dont have to switch positions? I know I am lazy. :D
heavy trike is the only one where you dont have to change position.

And dont worry about taking damage, with some fire armor and a shelter you can easily take down a grin chaser without worrying too much.

Some tips: Take all the loot. And get a barter to sell it. If you fight mobs like grims and decayed brutes, stay away as far as possible, they wont hit you as often, otherwise especially grim chasers and decayed horrors take down a trike way too fast. Put some points into repair, then get a barter to buy your repair nanites, otherwise you wont be making that much money. Trike is insanely expensive to repair. If your after money, use a rhino or even better a reveller.

Bugs Gunny
24-11-04, 10:30
With the economy as it is now, go for a reveler.

Xylaz
24-11-04, 12:01
Put some points into repair, then get a barter to buy your repair nanites, otherwise you wont be making that much money.

Is this mean that remote repair is working nowadays???

Bugs Gunny
24-11-04, 12:21
Yep :-)