PDA

View Full Version : Placeable Objects bugged. Read before you place one.

Seven
23-11-04, 06:58
Just bought two more cabs and instead of the cab spinning around by holding down the left mouse button, it immediately placed it.

Same happened with the second cab.

Might just be me who is bugged, but try a cheap plant before you place something important.

Spoon
23-11-04, 07:24
It happened to me last week, but I forgot to submit a bug report(I wasn't completely sure I was placing them right)....

It was in a VR starter apartment, so I'll probably yank them out anyway...

It's a nice space saving feature, though.......

If you don't mind the look of it....

eprodigy
23-11-04, 08:23
cant you just remove the object and try again :P

NaKoth
23-11-04, 08:44
They seem to be bit bugged yup.
At random times objects just spin very fast.
At random times objects dont spin at all and are placed instantly (as said above)
At random times one cannot remove objects. (have to relog, zone and pray a little before it works again....)

Seven
23-11-04, 10:14
cant you just remove the object and try again :P

For some odd reason I thought the removal tool was super expensive and figured I'd do that when I had extra money to blow, but it was only like 3k. :o

Thanks for the tip, :) now how do you use the thing and do I have to empty the cab out before moving it?

NaKoth
23-11-04, 10:18
Equip it in your quickbelt, aim at something and left click.
Cabinets should be empty before removing them (there will be a error message if not empty)

Seven
23-11-04, 10:23
Thanks man, now I can move that stupid tree too. :D

Ascension
23-11-04, 10:28
Try zoneing reloging and all the other shiz, then try and place them again.. I had the same thing then the next day i attempted and hey pressto it worked..

I was gonna say 'gotta love this game' but its getting beyond a joke :rolleyes:

kurai
23-11-04, 10:30
I remember a certain aggrieved monkeh that placed a bastard great tree in his apartment lobby when the placeable objects were first made available in NC1 ... but there were no removal tools available. He was well and truly stuck :D

I'll see if I can find the screenshot :angel:

Ascension
23-11-04, 10:33
I remember a certain aggrieved monkeh that placed a bastard great tree in his apartment lobby when the placeable objects were first made available in NC1 ... but there were no removal tools available. He was well and truly stuck :D

I remember that.. a GM had to be called if i remember correctly :p

kurai
23-11-04, 10:38
Can you remember the guys name ?
It was something weird, but fucked if I can remember it.

I vaguely remember that there were two chars with very similar names - wether it was one person two accounts, or two people who played together I'm not sure.

QuickFix
23-11-04, 10:53
stex had an entire VR3 apt full of trees and tables and boxes, then they patched so they where all invisible, however it was impossible to navigate your wqay through his appartment as you had invisible trees and shit everywhere.

very amusing trying to get in and out.

i believe the apt is still available to visit on NC classic :D

kurai
23-11-04, 11:02
Ah well - all my guesses at the name drew a blank, and the Member List search is broken - I'm not going to wade through all 30,000 members looking for it :(

Just mentally picture an old NC1 monk - the one with the stubbly and scarred face, set in a permanent scowl, sitting hunched over in a placed chair next to a bloody huge great tree trunk sprouting out of his apartment lobby floor, totally blocking the elevator door and button...

He was looking at the other person and had the fateful words floating above his head :-

"Don't you dare screenshot this..."

:lol:

Ascension
23-11-04, 11:07
yeah it was in the sky apts in P1 if i remember correctly? :p

Spermy
23-11-04, 16:22
Annoying thing about plants -

"you must empty this cabinet before removing it"

O_o

jernau
23-11-04, 18:08

This one?

kurai
23-11-04, 18:43
Yay \o/
That's the very shot. Nice one :D

Jernau for El Presidente !

Seven
23-11-04, 20:12
LMAO! :lol: