PDA

View Full Version : Further Development needed for holovest? A new direction!

Heavyporker
20-11-04, 23:58
At the moment, I have to say that even with my imagination, I don't see the holovests going anywhere.

One of two things need to happen :

- major changes in the req/penalties.

- major change in the holovest effect.

For the former, how about making the holovest impact much more lightly - none of that INT nuking or turret-transforming? I want to suggest making the holovest into a glove - something with a noticable malus against weaponskills, but on the whole, useful. Hey, perhaps even a small boost to hack (+5, that's all!) and barter (+10, for a noticable effect) so you can sneak everywhere with holovest on.

For the latter choice, may I suggest a RANDOM PA skin and faction every time the holovest effect is toggled on (maybe add in numpad 7,8, or 9 for it?), and such an effect can be seen in third-person view AND the f6 window, so you KNOW what you're going to be looking like to other people. You don't like what the current setting is - ok, just toggle holovest off and on again for a new setting.
- one good thing about this - it will make buying a holovest cheaper, since you would only need to get one, instead of like 8 for each class, if you know what I mean.

Either of these are the only ways I can see that the holovest will become useful for infiltration...

-=BlackBeard=-
21-11-04, 00:45
hehe they are all good ideas HP... something has to be done with the holovests they r just a waste of cash atm ... they were bettter wne they had the green guy bug

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 03:28
agree'd... either make them usefull or delete them to free up database space :p

I'd like to see the malus gone, and make it change visable faction too (citycom still says your real faction though... you can check people out if you dont trust them :))

a chest with no armour values would'nt be used 24/7 so it wont be a massive fuck up :D

Freaky Fryd
22-11-04, 01:25
Hell, make the holovest give you the stripper skin, a random faction (every time you put it on), absolutely no bonus/malus except +25 to Barter...
:p

Are you telling me that you wouldn't give a cheaper price to a sexy, half-naked woman?
;)

MaGn0lia
22-11-04, 10:56
My idea was to have slots in holovest, up to 4 slots and the modifications would be gender (random if not modded), faction (random if not modded), class (random if not modded), poweramor (not shown if not modded)

Now there are couple of things that can give you away, one could be the weapon you carry on your back (if you are going to be a tank you could carry comething other than the HL on your back) and your rank, I bet no one will believe you are a tank or pe if you have combatrank over 90 ;)

Allso the possibility to pop the armor when you fire your weapon, so you can't PK while wearing armor.

The main idea behind this is to make it easier to do the epic missions that get you running all over enemy territory. People have been complaining about thise for too damn long. Oh and maybe lower the requirements so you can GR with it on, but the class requirement is good.

NaKoth
22-11-04, 11:29
Here is a small thread on Brainport about the same thing..
Holovest Upgrades (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=118673)

As also stated there, it would be great if one could discuise as an NPC (ie. having the old skins etc)...

The "slots" idea could be nice.... or
make it so there is "programs" for the holovest, so that when a program is loaded, the holovest projects an image (ie a barkeeper skin).

Simple to make... just treat the "programs" as "ammo"
and have the holovest equiped with 100 "ammo mods" (skin types).

you can chaneg them on the fly, lots of variations, more money sinks (with programs), and everyone is happy.

heck, make even some recycle recepies to make "software" for creatures :)
Who wouldnt want to be a dragonfly ... haha.. anyhow, make them hard to get / hard to make etc, so they wouldnt be very common.

shenten
22-11-04, 12:31
I voted dont touch it.

They should turn it into milky ren and fix the damn game instead. :rolleyes:
Holovest has no used, was badly implemented. Should be removed, and reintroduced if it has any real purpose :)