PDA

View Full Version : Should I change my Rifle PE to Rifle Spy.

Zheo
20-11-04, 15:11
Greetings, I'm trying to decide where or not to delete my rifle private eye and replace him with a rifle spy. I would like to use Healing Light and Silent Hunter, but the only way I can do it without drugs (which i hate using) is having SF, SA, Balance 3 Dist 3 Exp Ref 4, and PA 4 as well as completeing WOC.

However completeing WOC and getting an SA CPU is proving to be rather hard, I'm unable to get a team to go to MC5 with, or to go to Ceres Labs, and even if i did I've been told drop rate is so low it'd take days, problem is i dont have lot of time when there's a great number of people on to do these things and i've been trying since NC1 to go to MC5, so...

Would it just be easier to switch to a spy, and be a stealther?

boneybob
20-11-04, 15:29
Deppends.

How do you like to play? A rifle PE can fire long range but in opwars or a good fight will usualy be up close any way.

A spy cant take as much punishment but can stealth away (gay) and can use slightly higher damage weapons, but again in a fight most of the time you will be upclose, most fighters will try and close the gap when in battle and run round each other in the ever so predictable way we have become used to seeing.

Range dosent matter because both chars can use weapon that fire beyond the max draw distance without inconvineance.

Voted for = neither

BB

Zheo
20-11-04, 16:44
Deppends.

How do you like to play? A rifle PE can fire long range but in opwars or a good fight will usualy be up close any way.

BB

I agree stealth is very gay but effective non the less many things are gay in NC, like ganging, killing people while their hacking mobs, zone killing, killing trade skillers or noobs, all gets done though lol

I like a little of both really, i was thinking of getting a termie asap cos it's a good up close rifle. But i also like to snipe ppl, and know most like to get up close but i prefer the distance, hence being rifler, i like sniping groups of enemies rather than being wasted up close and person, but im not one of those annoying grassy knoll snipers who hides away and stealths the second u do some damage, and get attention by sniping noobs, I use my snipe on apu's and to annoy people at op fights which i dont care about lol. I really need to get back on and snipe someone muhahaha kiddin.

bounty
20-11-04, 17:07
I never liked playing a PE. I don't like taking drugs to get to the higher TL weapons.

Personally though, I want our old skins back so I can have my business suit and beard back :-/ :confused:

Doc Holliday
20-11-04, 17:51
Personally though, I want our old skins back so I can have my business suit and beard back :-/ :confused:

Damn right! thread hijack in progress. i want my old red head skin back too. i wanna be old skool. and i want my flame pants. maybe for christmas ;)

zheo if u get a spy unless your snipe your gonna wanna use some form of drug anyways. if your used to a pe u will take time to adjust to a spy. besides. pes are the win. why change. ;)

bounty
20-11-04, 18:08
Damn right! thread hijack in progress. i want my old red head skin back too. i wanna be old skool. and i want my flame pants. maybe for christmas ;)

zheo if u get a spy unless your snipe your gonna wanna use some form of drug anyways. if your used to a pe u will take time to adjust to a spy. besides. pes are the win. why change. ;)

yeah sorry about the hijack, i definitely didn't do it intentionally, but yeah i want my beard guy back heh.

Doc Holliday
20-11-04, 18:44
yeah sorry about the hijack, i definitely didn't do it intentionally, but yeah i want my beard guy back heh.

lol dont apologise man. more people might see and agree. ;)

jnky
20-11-04, 20:17
[ edited ]

I pref rifle spy and pistol PE, rifle pe didnt float my boat pistol is mucho fun, Rifles = quicker levelling though and you will be dropping WB in no time with the quick dex on a spy.
Theres no diff between rifle spy and PE spy hunting mobs but very different in pvp unless its an op war where PPUs do all that side for you anyways.

btw I havent played hitec on a PE, just seams like to much of a gimp to me

Chess -
20-11-04, 20:28

I just have one wish....
I would love to run naked trough Neocron. Just for one day.... Maybe somewhere around christmas.... :rolleyes:

greendonkeyuk
20-11-04, 20:35
dont delete your pe, but DO roll a spy. Spies are great fun but are a labour of love at high end, it took me 2 years on and off to grind out the levels on my spy. Still its worth it, no class is quite like playing a spy. Besides with a nice rifle spy you can drop your opponent and hack his belt right after without too much trouble as a spy. As a rifle pe ive not found a viable set up that allows the same amount of hack. Still thats my opinion, however as for the side note thats cropped up about the old avatars. i want my old pe avatar back... i like the newer spy ones more. i want my tank one too.

Zheo
20-11-04, 20:41
dont delete your pe, but DO roll a spy. Spies are great fun but are a labour of love at high end, it took me 2 years on and off to grind out the levels on my spy. Still its worth it, no class is quite like playing a spy. Besides with a nice rifle spy you can drop your opponent and hack his belt right after without too much trouble as a spy. As a rifle pe ive not found a viable set up that allows the same amount of hack.

I've used all four slots, i do have a spy but he's a constructer and repper, i also have HC tank and a ppu

sultana
21-11-04, 08:44
As a spy you most likely will need to drug, at least 2, one for inq armour, the other for shelter, with out them you'll be most likely weak as and very reliant on stealth. Spys are fun, the healing light, not only does nice (cough) damage in pvp, but is great for mob hunting, sniping firemobs, warbots and the like, makes levelling/making money pretty easy. It's up to you, I'd recommend somehow, getting access to a friends spy (or something) and try them out, see how you like it.

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 12:40
As a spy you most likely will need to drug, at least 2, one for inq armour, the other for shelter

agreed. unless you want paper thin defences on a spy you gotta drug.

-=BlackBeard=-
21-11-04, 12:45
get the rite setup with a rc pe u can beat anyone..... i have a lowtech one using termi ts assault and pe and he takes lots of damage and deals loads to, u get the range to, not amazingly usefull in op fights tbh but still a good class

LTA
21-11-04, 12:58
get the rite setup with a rc pe u can beat anyone..... i have a lowtech one using termi ts assault and pe and he takes lots of damage and deals loads to, u get the range to, not amazingly usefull in op fights tbh but still a good class
Low tech rules.

I have a painy pe has a nice resist setup tho it needs altering now for poison so i'll prolly sacrifice pa for vk or something since the pe should have better stats.

In op wars i found myself chasing down the weak and sticking finishing rounds into, harassment of classes, not having the ppu have to watch me much so i could go out chase down snipers, droners.
I found a lot of uses really when i looked past trying to be a uber dmg dealer :D

miss fighting like 5 on 1 in pp and dancing straight through them and running about watchin fizzles and miss shots cuz your to quick and the ones that did hit being healed nicely by a capped heal :D

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 13:04
Low tech rules.

I have a painy pe has a nice resist setup tho it needs altering now for poison so i'll prolly sacrifice pa for vk or something since the pe should have better stats.

In op wars i found myself chasing down the weak and sticking finishing rounds into, harassment of classes, not having the ppu have to watch me much so i could go out chase down snipers, droners.
I found a lot of uses really when i looked past trying to be a uber dmg dealer :D

miss fighting like 5 on 1 in pp and dancing straight through them and running about watchin fizzles and miss shots cuz your to quick and the ones that did hit being healed nicely by a capped heal :D

my lowtech PE has 130 nrg / fire / xrr and 75 poison, along with about 460 health (427in the skillmanager or something) not bad for 0 drugs needed

LTA
21-11-04, 13:12
my lowtech PE has 130 nrg / fire / xrr and 75 poison, along with about 460 health (427in the skillmanager or something) not bad for 0 drugs neededI think mine was 70%(skillmanager) on fire, nr, xray cuz i didnt spec poison Fang helped me set my con, he gave some base figures and some advice on what the numbers did, he wouldn't pass his setup cuz he expects ppl to do it themselves and i pretty much did when he explained the base he gave me. Took 2 drugs, beast and Redflash for extra speed simply cuz it was there and i made loads to level some chars.
Had about 520 hp in total, had the option to use dmg boost to increase dmg done but never felt the need.

One problem i found with pain easer is the amount of shots that land, since you need 3 for max burst dmg i found it hard to land 3 all the time mostly 2's and glances.
Add a few more full burst chances and a slight dmg tweak and painy i reckon painy will be very nice again

As for being on topic of thread.

It's easier to use them rifles as a spy and use them better as a spy
Play whats fun to you, i always like spy 100 dex and int :D

and can level one to cap in a couple of weeks if you start out as a droner :p

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 13:17
I think mine was 70%(skillmanager) on fire, nr, xray cuz i didnt spec poison Fang helped me set my con, he gave some base figures and some advice on what the numbers did, he wouldn't pass his setup cuz he expects ppl to do it themselves and i pretty much did when he explained the base he gave me. Took 2 drugs, beast and Redflash for extra speed simply cuz it was there and i made loads to level some chars.
Had about 520 hp in total, had the option to use dmg boost to increase dmg done but never felt the need.

One problem i found with pain easer is the amount of shots that land, since you need 3 for max burst dmg i found it hard to land 3 all the time mostly 2's and glances.
Add a few more full burst chances and a slight dmg tweak and painy i reckon painy will be very nice again

As for being on topic of thread.

It's easier to use them rifles as a spy and use them better as a spy
Play whats fun to you, i always like spy 100 dex and int :D

and can level one to cap in a couple of weeks if you start out as a droner :p

this was my origional PE setup... however its out of date now. i sacrificed a bit of poison (bringing it from 100 down to 75) and added 5 to fire / xrr and nrg.

so add a little to fire / nrg / xrr and take some off of poison :)

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6741

:edit: infact this was when i used br2 to get a better damage on my shelter :)

LTA
21-11-04, 13:22
this was my origional PE setup... however its out of date now. i sacrificed a bit of poison (bringing it from 100 down to 75) and added 5 to fire / xrr and nrg.

so add a little to fire / nrg / xrr and take some off of poison :)

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6741

:edit: infact this was when i used br2 to get a better damage on my shelter :)
If i ever get my pe reactivated i plan to take down some Ath, a little bh and spec into poison, change my armour to vk and go with that, i will prolly take a little more dmg nrg wise and the like and might even loose a little speed.
If my painy stats are good enough anyway like around cap on rof then i will prolly carry on melee boostin aswell.

But the melee is mad anyway and resists my lt weapons pretty good which makes it all the harder to decide cuz i dont think i need much cuz i generally leg it when melee show and pick em of with the rifle so maybe i will maybe i wont lol

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 13:26
If i ever get my pe reactivated i plan to take down some Ath, a little bh and spec into poison, change my armour to vk and go with that, i will prolly take a little more dmg nrg wise and the like and might even loose a little speed.
If my painy stats are good enough anyway like around cap on rof then i will prolly carry on melee boostin aswell.

But the melee is mad anyway and resists my lt weapons pretty good which makes it all the harder to decide cuz i dont think i need much cuz i generally leg it when melee show and pick em of with the rifle so maybe i will maybe i wont lol

90% of melee users never take their finger off the button... this makes them spam and hit fuck all most of the time. i forget how many melee users i have killed in close combat on my lt rifle PE :)

melee isnt overpowered (as some say), it just requires slightly diffeent tactics

LTA
21-11-04, 13:28
90% of melee users never take their finger off the button... this makes them spam and hit fuck all most of the time. i forget how many melee users i have killed in close combat on my lt rifle PE :)

melee isnt overpowered (as some say), it just requires slightly diffeent tactics
it's the stone cold steve stunner they carry that does my head in lol

and pob needs a slight reduction :p

Anyway think we should stop hijackin the thread with all this pe speak :p

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 13:33
it's the stone cold steve stunner they carry that does my head in lol

and pob needs a slight reduction :p

Anyway think we should stop hijackin the thread with all this pe speak :p

suits me im goin to play half life 2 :)

time to see if my gfx card is too burnt out to play it... it plays doom 3 fine but crashes in seconds if i try to run NC2 in DX9 mode (figures). hopefully it can handle HL2 :)

more on topic... roll a rifle PE on another server to try it out. if you have no free slots dont delete a char you like just to test another class. make him where you got space and see if you like it

Zheo
21-11-04, 18:26

I'd go low tech but i want to use silent hunter, if KK woke up and smelt their mistake and removed TC requirement from SH maybe dumb it down a bit so it needs less Dex, then i'd go low tech,

Jesterthegreat
22-11-04, 23:21
I'd go low tech but i want to use silent hunter, if KK woke up and smelt their mistake and removed TC requirement from SH maybe dumb it down a bit so it needs less Dex, then i'd go low tech,

you know none of kk have said its a mistake...

assumtions make a bad arguemennt.