PDA

View Full Version : Play Neocron on the bus?

zii
20-11-04, 01:06
Today's question:

Can Neocron run in any shape or form on the new Sony Viao U70 (not the U50)? Play Neocron anywhere?

Specs and review are here:

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/notebooks/sony_vaio_U50.htm

Its graphics card is: 5" 800 x 600 transflective color touch screen. IntelŪ 855GM Chipset Integrated Graphics with 64 megs shared video memory supporting 16 bit and 32 bit color. Can drive an external monitor at resolutions up to 1600 x 1200.

Its CPU is: Centrino technology. Ultra Low Voltage IntelŪ PentiumŪ M Processor running at 1 GHz.

Koshinn
20-11-04, 01:16
It's an intel integrated graphics card, low end processor and very little ram. It would probably run, but horribly bad. And unless your bus has an internet connection or you have a satellite phone connected to your computer, you wont be playing online games on the bus. Or maybe your road has a huge ass wireless network. :wtf:

Edit: I dont know, what're the minimum reqs of NC2? I don't think that makes them.

Seven
20-11-04, 01:27
Centrino technology = no wires to the internet, but it's not cheap per month.

Koshinn
20-11-04, 01:32
centrino technology = centrino processor, intel integrated graphics and integrated wireless card. wireless card != more expensive. you could just live in borders books and have free internet for life or something.

Seven
20-11-04, 01:38
Yeah, but he wants to play Neocron on the bus. :lol: O_o

zii
20-11-04, 03:21
Yeah, but he wants to play Neocron on the bus. :lol: O_o

Or hiding in a bush. I've managed to play NC1 on an empty pluto over a 9.6kbps modem link over IR over my GSM phone... One day...

Killfly
20-11-04, 05:14
You'd be better off getting a second-hand laptop or something...

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 05:17
Or hiding in a bush

if it wasnt 3:20am i would think of a really funny voyeer joke about you killing time while waiting.

however all i want to do is access suprnove.org and its fucking not working

jernau
20-11-04, 11:31
Technically it should run.
Practically it would suck.

My old laptop was about that spec (slightly better) and was just about good enough for tradeskilling in NC1 and nothing more. The graphics card is the killer.

For that money you'd have to be mad to buy it - just get a proper laptop from a company less evil/shite than Sony. Sony and comms generally equals wank anyway and XP won't help.

boneybob
20-11-04, 14:06
It might do it but the processor isent realy up to it.

Iv got an ASUS S5N (very small laptop) with similar specs.

http://uk.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=S5200N%20Series&langs=11

upgraded to: Centrino processor 1.7Mhz, 512 DDR, 40GB HDD.
Its hard to explain just how good this laptop is, and every one else iv sold one to shares the same oppinion.

BB

eLcHi
20-11-04, 15:30
My NC at work runs on a P2-450 Notebook with 384 MB Ram and a ATI Rage Mobility ... it runs ... but even using the RPOS stresses you as it is painfully slow with 1 FPS

Xeno LARD
20-11-04, 15:51
if it wasnt 3:20am i would think of a really funny voyeer joke about you killing time while waiting.

however all i want to do is access suprnove.org and its fucking not working

w00t, it's not just me then.

Koth plays on a laptop all the time, that's the reason he sucks atm.