PDA

View Full Version : Drone Theme Weeks End

Holger Nathrath
19-11-04, 18:52
The drone theme weeks are coming to an end and we feel very positive about this first try. For one, areas of the game have been noticeably improved and new stuff was added. It’s even possible that the droners are now so good we might have to “nerf” them one of these days ;). In addition, there has been a good deal of productive communication with the community. We will continue on this path.

However, we will be busy with another task during the next week: In the near future we will be launching a server/beta test in Asia to get the word out about Neocron 2 in that area. I can’t release any details at this point, except that a new server hardware system is being set up in Asia. As a good part of our team will be occupied with this task, we would be unable to run an effective theme week.

Therefore we set the start date for the next theme week to November 29 2004. We haven’t quite decided yet which topic to pick, but we will inform you over the course of the next week.

MrDomino
19-11-04, 18:57
That's cool. Is there any news of an international boxed version yet?

//edit- FIRST!

StryfeX
19-11-04, 18:58
Whoa... SEX. Now how about some server loving for us NA folks? ;)

--Stryfe

Birkoff
19-11-04, 18:58
Beta server in asia.. release in asia?

Sounds damn sexy...
Wil they players be playing on a seperate server or the Terra if it goes well?

Tostino
19-11-04, 19:03
Beta server in asia.. release in asia?

Sounds damn sexy...
Wil they players be playing on a seperate server or the Terra if it goes well?
I hope Terra because we are low on our server pop now :'(

witch hunter
19-11-04, 19:04
Like all good things it comes 2 an end drone week was kool done a good job fixed alot of bugs and made droners fun again. :D Mayb the next theme week u could run is 2 fix alot of the little bugs ingame that cause us all probs and make the game more fun and run smother guys post wat u think should b next theme week mayb K will listen and fix it 4 us.

Anotehr thing u could fix is the name filter as it wont let me have my old name from NC1 Cryptic Ghost. :mad:

StryfeX
19-11-04, 19:05
Might I point you gentlemen to this snippet from Holger: "...a new server hardware system..."

Now, to me, that would imply, well, a new hardware system, which in turn means a new server. After all, servers are hardware. *coughs*

--Stryfe

Holger Nathrath
19-11-04, 19:12
The Asian customers buying the Asian version of NC2 will play on the new Asian servers located in Asia.

MrDomino
19-11-04, 19:15
So the servers are in Europe? ;)

Dribble Joy
19-11-04, 19:20
Intresting.

Though I fear my worries about the drone weeks may come true, that though some things have been fixed and new content brought in, the key problems will be 'set aside' when the next issue to be 'fixed' is changed.
I just hope the work on all aspects of bug fixing is concurrent.

[TgR]KILLER
19-11-04, 19:34
lol already trought they were going to asia why else put up a hardware system there etc ;) well as long as it makes KK profit :p we'll benefit from them to lol.

dem0n
19-11-04, 19:46
Don't remove the drone NPC :D!

PLEASE!

Also another thing, connect terra and the new asian server... I think we'd have about a gazillion concurent players on one server :P.

Ragnarok should fear NC...

Ascension
19-11-04, 20:06
Whooa imagine seeing the rpos etc in 'asian' style font, man that would be strange

dem0n
19-11-04, 20:07
I don't think they'll be doing any localizations, the asians will just have to decide between english, french and german.

Frotto
19-11-04, 20:08
Hey Holger, If you want to setup a server in the US I can suggest a place that has a 24mb down and 12mb up connection to the net on a redundant fiber ring for stability. Ship me Terra and I'll set up the rest :D

woot 40 - 60 pings for the US players now... then teh germans wont have a 100ms advantage over us ne more :)

Spoon
19-11-04, 20:16
Wo shi meigo ren..

Wo zheng zai xue hua yu....

Bu yao qiang wo de guai...

xie xie

[btw, good job on Drone week, KK]

Frotto
19-11-04, 20:19
Wo shi meigo ren..

Wo zheng zai xue hua yu....

Bu yao qiang wo de guai...

xie xie

[btw, good job on Drone week, KK]

wtf? this is still the english forums yo! what lang is that ne ways?

Brammers
19-11-04, 20:23
Woah, Asia? Thats good news!

And KK, the drone week has been excellent! Good work for sorting all nearly all the problems, and also for the new HUD and Drones. (Except I know the DX7 users will want a working HUD.)

Sakletare
19-11-04, 21:22
Great new about asia of course.

However, i really hope the next theme is going to be fixing all those things that were promised with NC2; item tracking, player shops, etc. There's more, but those two are really critical.

Yelly
19-11-04, 21:56
As far as I know most (older) cards to support dx9
If ppl are just lazy and wont download it then bad ppl :)
If someone got a card that do notr work please post
in a new thread and I check it out as I have been working
with comp troubleshooting for 10 years so I gladly look into it

Birkoff
19-11-04, 23:04
great.. heh.... it did sound to good to be true. Still be stuck at 300ppl then *sigh*

Which is less than uranus/saturn/pluto had combined before this new wonderful NC2 heh.

capt-o
19-11-04, 23:18
Good news about the Asian thing. There's got to be a market for this kind of game there. An alternative to the sword and fairy anime crap i see in beta form all the time
(mu, ragnarok, priston).

@spoon Chinese?

phunqe
19-11-04, 23:23
server/beta test in Asia to get the word out about Neocron 2 in that area. I can’t release any details at this point, except that a new server hardware system is being set up in Asia.

I think a proper response here would be

:lol: 8| :eek: :eek: O_o :eek: :D :D :D :D

Darkener
19-11-04, 23:29
The drone theme weeks are coming to an end and we feel very positive about this first try. For one, areas of the game have been noticeably improved and new stuff was added. It’s even possible that the droners are now so good we might have to “nerf” them one of these days ;). In addition, there has been a good deal of productive communication with the community. We will continue on this path.

However, we will be busy with another task during the next week: In the near future we will be launching a server/beta test in Asia to get the word out about Neocron 2 in that area. I can’t release any details at this point, except that a new server hardware system is being set up in Asia. As a good part of our team will be occupied with this task, we would be unable to run an effective theme week.

Therefore we set the start date for the next theme week to November 29 2004. We haven’t quite decided yet which topic to pick, but we will inform you over the course of the next week.

Maybe next week can be WOC week. 260 million exp 2 million creds a WOC disk is not worth WOC STR +1 on f5 . You dont even get any points to put into str. Dont even hope for any new items not a chance.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 01:51
Hey Holger, If you want to setup a server in the US I can suggest a place that has a 24mb down and 12mb up connection to the net on a redundant fiber ring for stability. Ship me Terra and I'll set up the rest :D

woot 40 - 60 pings for the US players now... then teh germans wont have a 100ms advantage over us ne more :)

an international server having good pings for a single nation, as apposed to all the nations in europe... thats a good idea :rolleyes:

Omnituens
20-11-04, 02:13
The Asian customers buying the Asian version of NC2 will play on the new Asian servers located in Asia.
sorry i just find that post amusing.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 02:19
sorry i just find that post amusing.

slight emphisis on the Asians there?

jernau
20-11-04, 08:06
Is the new HUD fixed now?

BradSTL
20-11-04, 11:15
One third of the droners polled still have broken HUDs one full week after patch 121. Patch 122, which will include the fix, doesn't even have an announced date.

For the love of God and all that's holy, we had better not have to wait until November 29th to get the drone HUD back!!!

jernau
20-11-04, 11:16
It's a shame because Drone Week is/was a good thing but this could sour it if it's ignored.

Dr Strange
20-11-04, 11:40
I hope Terra because we are low on our server pop now :'(

No!

then Terra becomes nothing but Diablo2

"yuo giev moovon plz? ^__^ kekekekekkeke"

leave terra to english speaking countries :(

jernau
20-11-04, 11:43
leave terra to english speaking countries :(Like Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, Portugal, Holland, France and the US? :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 12:24
No!

international != english

and i know that at 3am the droner hud was still invis for me, so i assume its still borked.

lots of new stuff added, lots ofproblems fixed... drooning is actually possible, you just have to learn to drone with no crosshair if your unlucky :p

fix the hud problem and the week will be a sucess IMO. other than a rank tweak i dont see any problems left (well no serious ones... the 3rd person/1st oerson would be nice to fix too...)

Dr Strange
20-11-04, 12:58
well they need to update the ingame server abbreviations

since terra's abbreviation is ENG not INT

and by english speaking i mean fully fluent in the language not just someone from like singapore who picks english up as a somewhat second language then merges it with their first language. then you end up with crap like spanglish (a growing problem in america).

just hoping newer players from other nations are easier to communicate with. its just too damn hard to hunt with a group of random people who happen to speak german, or the occasional french guy.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 12:59

and by english speaking i mean fully fluent in the language not just someone from like singapore who picks english up as a somewhat second language then merges it with their first language. then you end up with crap like spanglish (a growing problem in america).

just hoping newer players from other nations are easier to communicate with. its just too damn hard to hunt with a group of random people who happen to speak german, or the occasional french guy.

english is the support language. all support requests must be made in english

phunqe
20-11-04, 13:06
No!

Hehe.. no offense whatsoever to Asian speaking fellows, but the asians have a somewhat (completely) different style of gaming and chat than EU or US for example. Mixing the two of them (read forcibly mixing them) might be a bad idea :)

jernau
20-11-04, 13:08

I dunno, "engrish" can be quite sexy. Depends who's speaking it of course ;).

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 13:29
ive been playin FFXI Online with japs and such... the auto translator doesnt have many phrases but its fun tryin to communicate with them.

gives you a sense of achivement :p

Spermy
20-11-04, 14:34
*Goes off to play NC with the koreans*

*Prawned in 2 secs flat..*

:D

Much wootage. What'll the server language be like on them?

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 14:38
i dont speakto the whole server... a few more people to hunt is preferable to an emptier english only server...

kurai
20-11-04, 15:44
I can understand why there might be ... friction ... mixing typical EU/US gaming populations with typical Asian ones ... (see Diablo, Lineage etc etc)

But it's pretty likely there will be a *big* subscription takeup even with minimal marketing.

This = more cash = more coders = more content + funds for EU/US advertising = more EU/US players = more people on the GER/FR/INT servers too

Win all round, I'd say.

bounty
20-11-04, 17:17
After being in this game 2 years, I still think this game remains "uknown" for the most part in the US.

I'm also glad that they will be given their own servers. I sometimes feel like mixing newbies with vets of 2 years + is a bad idea because they are severely disadvantaged, especially PVP wise. Knowing the ins and outs of this game definitely helps.

Spoon
20-11-04, 17:45
@spoon Chinese?

Sort of...

It's pin yin, a romanized version of chinese...

I say, let the asians play on your servers.

After playing with them for 6 months in Lineage2, I think a little pay back is in order, for all the abuse I took from them in L2....

:lol:

You only need to know one phrase in chinese/pin yin:

"rang rang"

Doc Holliday
20-11-04, 17:45
I dunno, "engrish" can be quite sexy. Depends who's speaking it of course ;).

keira knightly. sexxxxxxxyyyyy. (er oops jus read the quote again, nm. er kelly hu or lucy liu r also veeeeeery sexxxxy )

back on topic. good stuff. nice move on the increase marketing.

now as for the theme week. why not allow the community to actively report any problems viewed as minor for the next few weeks so u can have a general house clean. ie theres an issue running between zones in doy where the runner becomes trapped. i believe its between crahn and fa and u have to relog to get back. jus small stuff that would polish the game off a tad. the nav ray sayin fallen angles and things like that. its all about attention to detail. that may be minor but it will help alot.

while im postin on here and lots of people are here. anyone give me any hints on what settings to fiddle with in my game to get my frames higher. pm please. im running a 256mb card and still get shitty frames in op fights. im not 100% on what to move about on the sliders. i tried the fog thing but it means i get sniped without seein anyone an that pisses me off :mad:

someone prolly knows a few tricks to try so plz pm. cheers guys :cool: ( drivers r fully up 2 date too btw. )

Darth Slayer
20-11-04, 20:21
Sort of...

It's pin yin, a romanized version of chinese...

I say, let the asians play on your servers.

After playing with them for 6 months in Lineage2, I think a little pay back is in order, for all the abuse I took from them in L2....

:lol:

You only need to know one phrase in chinese/pin yin:

"rang rang"

Oh my GOD YES Bring them Farming bastids on, I'll make there lives a living hell after the way they fucked up Lineage 2......... :D

jernau
20-11-04, 20:23
Oh my GOD YES Bring them Farming bastids on, I'll make there lives a living hell after the way they fucked up Lineage 2......... :D
Lineage 2 came with "fucked up" built in as standard.

greendonkeyuk
20-11-04, 20:43
Rifle week please. :D

Spermy
20-11-04, 21:11
Enlighten me about lineage plz.

Thankies :D

Anyhoo... there was a korean guy in my uni seminar classes for games design last year... we'd go on UT2K4 ( I heart my uni!) and he was just obscene! - Apparently Koreans are like MEGA gaming freaks... I wouldn't give them neocrack - they would never log off - never eat - and never sleep!

jernau
20-11-04, 21:27
Enlighten me about lineage plz.

Thankies :D Character creation : "Ooh look at my nifty elf"
First area : "hey wait everyone is the same elf"
Leaving that area : "OMG these controls suck"
Running around clumsily : "Am I ill? It looks like I'm vomitting all the time"
Get to a big building/town: "wtf? why is everyone sitting down and AFK?"
Try to get around town : "ffs, would a routing-finding algorithm be THAT hard to implement"
Go fight something : "Is it normal to flash my undies every time I cast a spell?"
Meet a female dwarf : "Eh? You look like a cute companion character from an FF game not a dwarf. Ooh do that again it shows of your knickers"
Gain a few levels and go to find a new weapon : "HOW F*CKING MUCH????"
Go hunting again : "I'll never be able to buy anything :("
After many hours : "ooh it dropped a crummy glove I couldn't otherwise afford for at least a month, I have an item :D"
Die to PKer : "oh no I lost my glove :'(.... Hey look the camera goes right up my skirt"
Discover the grind : "Screw this for a game of soldiers, I'll never catch up with the crazies in this game"
Quit

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 21:29
Character creation : "Ooh look at my nifty elf"
First area : "hey wait everyone is the same elf"
Leaving that area : "OMG these controls suck"
Running around clumsily : "Am I ill? It looks like I'm vomitting all the time"
Get to a big building/town: "wtf? why is everyone sitting down and AFK?"
Try to get around town : "ffs, would a routing-finding algorithm be THAT hard to implement"
Go fight something : "Is it normal to flash my undies every time I cast a spell?"
Meet a female dwarf : "Eh? You look like a cute companion character from an FF game not a dwarf. Ooh do that again it shows of your knickers"
Gain a few levels and go to find a new weapon : "HOW F*CKING MUCH????"
Go hunting again : "I'll never be able to buy anything :("
After many hours : "ooh it dropped a crummy glove I couldn't otherwise afford for at least a month, I have an item :D"
Die to PKer : "oh no I lost glove :'(.... Hey look the camera goes right up my skirt"
Discover the grind : "Shite, I'll never catch up with the crazies in this game"
Quit

lol

all that work squashed into one post :D

Nidhogg
20-11-04, 21:32
Please stay on topic. If you can't I'll be forced to shout "you go!" at you. ;)

N

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 21:36

N

lmao

although i gotta ask why there is a discussion here at all... what topic are we supposed to be on?

should we be suggesting the next theme or is this just an announcement that hasn't been locked.

i will use this thread to point out the drone vendor is still ingame giving people cheap drones when nothing is being tested anymore :D

:Edit: dont get me wrong if KK continue to reply here to our questions / comments this is a good thing... i was just wondering what we should be talkin about here :)

deac
20-11-04, 22:05
just as long as you dont let any asians on our servers... i fear those guys...

ZERG ZERG ZERG ^___^ !!!

edit: they really foked up the shadowbane euro server :(

Mr Kot
20-11-04, 22:50
Whooa imagine seeing the rpos etc in 'asian' style font, man that would be strange

No change there then...... :p

The NC2 font is so damn ugly and unreadable, it might as well be in feckin' chinese :rolleyes:

Darth Slayer
20-11-04, 23:38

N
Actually it's Rang Rang....... :p
I heard that often in Lin 2....... :lol: Jernau pretty much covered the bases with Lin 2 but he did'nt mention the shitty PvP system...... :eek:

Scorpius.

StrongSad
21-11-04, 01:49
cool, azns. Here comes the farming and kekekekeke spammed over trade all day long :(

Sorry, I played L2 for a bit and the asian community really ruined that game for me. I hope they never migrate into the international server.

Lets have a player controlled shop week next... :)

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 03:14
just as long as you dont let any asians on our servers... i fear those guys...

ZERG ZERG ZERG ^___^ !!!

edit: they really foked up the shadowbane euro server :(

ban the zergers!

;)

*cough* FF *cough*

ou7blaze
22-11-04, 11:10
Well if NC2 was in Asia and It wasn't just in bloody Chinese or Korean or whatever then I would DEFINATELY play it, but if it's in Chinese I guy ill stick with the terra one although I would like to play NC2 with low ping for once in my life lol

jernau
22-11-04, 16:17
I'm just guessing but is this an AD type arrangement? As in KK provide the code and another company run the servers.

If so they will presumably have their own logon server (unlike AD) and hence we'll never see or hear from them.

If that is the case it should be only good for us as it's another revenue stream for KK.

/edit - not that I would mind playing on the same servers myself but clearly some people have concerns.

Holger Nathrath
23-11-04, 11:36
Well if NC2 was in Asia and It wasn't just in bloody Chinese or Korean or whatever then I would DEFINATELY play it, but if it's in Chinese I guy ill stick with the terra one although I would like to play NC2 with low ping for once in my life lol

The first step will be an English version. So I assume you could try...

I'm just guessing but is this an AD type arrangement? As in KK provide the code and another company run the servers.

It's indeed a kind of Alchemic Dream arrangement but it also includes the complete server housing. That way they will be a kind of completely separated system.

If that is the case it should be only good for us as it's another revenue stream for KK.
You are absolutely right here. Good to see at least somebody understands this situation :p.