PDA

View Full Version : Tescos pricing error?!!

Akasha
19-11-04, 18:49
Well i hope not! i just ordered one! :angel:

http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=613159

~A~

Xian
19-11-04, 19:01
Yep, it is. This is slowly being dragged around the internet by it's heels - I feel sorry for Tesco. Ish. :p

Akasha
19-11-04, 19:11
hahahahaha :lol:

~A~

Dribble Joy
19-11-04, 19:31
Oops! :D.

Revslad
19-11-04, 19:53
haha jus got me one :lol:

athon
19-11-04, 20:07
Precendents say that the online store doesn't accept the order until they take the money from your account, which is an additional reason why most web stores don't take the money until the order is shipped. Therefore the store has a choice whether or not to fullfill the order.

Athon Solo

-Demon-
19-11-04, 20:10
Ordered :P

True Solo but worth a try anyways hehe :D If they do change the price then I'll just cancel.

sanityislost
19-11-04, 22:39
LOL what was it? doesnt show anything now

SiL ..:..

Opar
19-11-04, 22:40
LOL what was it? doesnt show anything now

A gamecube + Pokemon stadium + something else for 40 quid. :p

sanityislost
19-11-04, 22:57
A gamecube + Pokemon stadium + something else for 40 quid. :p

hahaha, sounds like they charged the right price then :p

-Demon-
20-11-04, 03:36
Got a email saying :

Thank you for shopping at the Entertainment warehouse. Unfortunately we have been unable to obtain the item(s) below and will not be able to deliver them to you.

lol

jernau
20-11-04, 16:37
Precendents say that the online store doesn't accept the order until they take the money from your account, which is an additional reason why most web stores don't take the money until the order is shipped. Therefore the store has a choice whether or not to fullfill the order.

Athon Solo
I am certain no-one will ship on uncleared funds.

The usual get-out now (as seen above) is to claim no stock and then change the stock reference number.

The "you haven't paid" (contract not finalised) argument lost in court at least once and out of court several times in the UK.

-Demon-
04-12-04, 00:59
Bit of a bump I know but still on topic.

Did you guys that ordered one of these get a email off tescos saying they would honour the price.

WooT!!!

Revslad
04-12-04, 04:13
yea i got that :D

Akasha
05-12-04, 14:56
Yeah after i got the email saying the item was no longer in stock, then saw the package up on the site again the next day, at the correct price, i phoned watchdog! it was on the programme last week, then i had email from tescos saying they would honour the offer! woohoo result!

~A~

AlphaGremlin
05-12-04, 15:29
LOL. I bet there's one less data-entry person working at Tesco's website HQ now! ;)
AlphaGremlin

-Demon-
05-12-04, 15:34
Apparently it was the suppliers error on the price...so I guess they paying for it now! :D

Xeno LARD
05-12-04, 15:40
Yeah after i got the email saying the item was no longer in stock, then saw the package up on the site again the next day, at the correct price, i phoned watchdog! it was on the programme last week, then i had email from tescos saying they would honour the offer! woohoo result!

~A~

Wee nice one Akasha :D. Next stage is to get on vent more :D.

Akasha
05-12-04, 20:35
Cant get on vent :( my sound card died! so vent all messed up when im in game! so no point :(

~A~

Xeno LARD
06-12-04, 19:30
Cant get on vent :( my sound card died! so vent all messed up when im in game! so no point :(

~A~

But we luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve you :(

Akasha
07-12-04, 11:00
Help me sort it out then! it seems ok out of game, but as soon as i log to any game the sound fucks up :(

~A~

jernau
07-12-04, 14:46
Help me sort it out then! it seems ok out of game, but as soon as i log to any game the sound fucks up :(

~A~
Is it an onboard soundcard? If so they usually require some CPU to work properly. Games that use all the CPU (ie most of them) can cause problems. Newer drivers may help.

Xeno LARD
07-12-04, 15:49
Is it an onboard soundcard? If so they usually require some CPU to work properly. Games that use all the CPU (ie most of them) can cause problems. Newer drivers may help.

What he said. Get new drivers for that and the mainboard and the gfx while you're at it.

Akasha
07-12-04, 15:53
It was an onboard sound that died so i put in the sound card from other pc, sound works fine till i log into any game :( or if i change channels on vent or sometimes for no reason! vent doesnt seem to like it :(

~A~

jernau
07-12-04, 16:03
It was an onboard sound that died so i put in the sound card from other pc, sound works fine till i log into any game :( or if i change channels on vent or sometimes for no reason! vent doesnt seem to like it :(

~A~
Is the old onboard one disabled in the BIOS?

Xeno LARD
07-12-04, 16:07
In vent, click setup and chang the boxes on the right, probably set up for the old one still.