PDA

View Full Version : KK please fix the insane smugglers in the canyon...

Obsidian X
19-11-04, 16:14
Don't have a screenshot handy, but anyone who hunts firemobs in the canyon will know what I'm talking about....

I'll be shredding raptors then as I come back to the apartment lobby to buff/heal, the smuggler goes insane and starts attacking me with his stupid PSI beam. Happens everytime. Think it has something to do with the fact I was followed by a raptor or something. Anyway its annoying as hell, not severly damaging to a level 58 tank but still irritating when trying to heal or grab a mission.

KK can't you take his powers off him or something? Its not as if they are necessary, you can't even gank this NPC. If nothing else, remoev his immortality; I would gladly take a SL hit to stop this bastards relentless PSI attacks. :mad:

MkVenner
19-11-04, 16:16
there is deffinatly summink weird with those mobs, i think there AB, coz they dont attack factionless runners, and the smugglers are TU, which are alleid to AB

just an idea :p

Bugs Gunny
19-11-04, 16:18
Kill a mob near a vendor and the same thing happens.

Darth Slayer
19-11-04, 17:50
Okies Niblets you do know that vendors WILL attack runners who draw weopons near them with in a set radius....... :eek:

StryfeX
19-11-04, 17:58
This has been around forever.

I remember reading a long time ago that there was actually a specific faction (or was it factions... damn memory...) for mobs, and it was allied to the "Trader Union" faction. And the smuggler is probably Trader Union. (Logical, no?)

I'm willing to bet that because they are allied, when you attack a monster, the default "aid ally npc that has called for help" mode gets triggered in the NPCs controlling AI. Think of it as the same thing that happens when you attack a guard of one faction, all "allies" (other guards, etc.) come to aid that one guard.

Of course, I could be talking completely out of my ass about this, as it's been well over a year since I saw that little chart and things have changed a lot since then.

Maybe Lupus or someone will decide to grace us with their presence and clear this up a bit.

Okies Niblets you do know that vendors WILL attack runners who draw weopons near them with in a set radius....... :eek:Erm... no.

--Stryfe

Darth Slayer
19-11-04, 18:03
Erm... no.

--Stryfe
Well go to an Op go to the vendors draw your gun and wait, they will shoot you. I'd assume the other vendors are the same regardless where thsy are.
Unless of course the vendors just hate me..... :lol:

Scorpius.

Omnituens
19-11-04, 18:05
Okies ******* you do know that vendors WILL attack runners who draw weopons near them with in a set radius....... :eek:
they only attack me if i accually FIRE near them

walking up to them with my weapon/spell drawn doesnt do anything (unless the NPC is hostile faction, naturally)