PDA

View Full Version : player shops and poking

jnky
19-11-04, 14:35
It would be cool if the npc (not sure if there will be one or how they work) could be the same poke skill as the runner and be on perma poke.
To get poked you would have to have the imp in the processor and when the poke starts you would automatically loose a set amount (1 k).

this would save peeps having to stand around poking and finding a poke would be easy.

Im not sure if I would want it to be that easy to get a poke its just a spare of the moment idea.

If this has already been said then ignor my ignorance

ô_ô

MISS WHIP
19-11-04, 14:46
This has being brought up in the past on the old saturn server and will never happen as it will mean that the implant skill will become like the psi resist skill ie no point in putting points into that sub-skill...

I have a 115 poker but for some reason people do not tip anymore, it's more like its expected and not seen as a runner service therefore you have less people wanting to poke...

I know money is tight with some people but as least tip something so that the poker does not feel like a NPC in the game.....

Weazle
19-11-04, 14:50
I tip my pokers ... around 1K a poke ... They stand there all day helping others instead of hunting or pk'ing ;)

GurTjaN
19-11-04, 14:51
poking is just a player tradeskill and is used to help ppl en earn money with it

if this would be implented than we could also make a auto constructor and auto researcher npc that both res/cst tl 200...

i think its better the way it is now

reddog
19-11-04, 14:51
I know money is tight with some people but as least tip something so that the poker does not feel like a NPC in the game.....
Not only that but like most people have mules for everything they think half the pokers are mule aswell which, which might be true.
And they don't see the point in giving mules a tip. this also happend to researchers, constructor or reppers. but they allways have the possibilitie to keep the good if not tipped at all so they can force you a little.

NaKoth
19-11-04, 14:55
UberTankeh : Looking for pokes @ TH !!111eleventhousand
Poker : ok omw
scenario #1: UberTankeh: *kneels 5 times and runs off*
scenario #2: UberTankeh: *kneels 5 times tips 5K and runs off*

Depending where poker GRed from (and to), he eighter makes 3k profit
or looses around 3 or more thousand.

3k ? for GRing back and forth, waiting for si , cancelling whatever you were doing. Hah, im not moving my ass aslong there isnt a reasonable pay for poker stated with the request.

btw. this auto poker idea would solve problems, but its not the right resolution in my oppinion.

jnky
19-11-04, 14:58
Nah Miss Whip your not getting me...
the npc/shop thing would have the same skill as the runner.
Im not asking for the shops to give out pokes when the runner cant poke, that would be as stupid as the current imp bug, which I thought was cool at first untill I reached the level for putting in my psi core and couldnt find a poker >_<

Pokers can make money without having to stand around all night, though the option would still be there, it would also mean that peeps would be automatically charged for the service. Not being tipped from peeps after standing around for 2 hours was the reason I stopped poking.

Thinking about it, it would lower the amount of traders. TH is doing really well I think even though they have taken my home away from me :wtf: It could have quite easily have been done elsewhere me thinks. Hmm but that would have meant a new building/content and we cant have that now can we.

agreed its prob not a great idea but runners are always saying they dont get tipped for pokes imo this would solve it.
Btw auto const and Ress is a bollox idea, poking is usually a side skill not a main tradeskill. You would have to keep the npc topped up with grease/sub :wtf: (though it would eliminate crooks :p )

Omnituens
19-11-04, 15:10
though it would eliminate crooks...
... and increase the items robbed by NPC's instead.

Dr Strange
19-11-04, 15:19
This has being brought up in the past on the old saturn server and will never happen as it will mean that the implant skill will become like the psi resist skill ie no point in putting points into that sub-skill...

I have a 115 poker but for some reason people do not tip anymore, it's more like its expected and not seen as a runner service therefore you have less people wanting to poke...

My poker gets tipped most of the time. I don't require a tip, per say. I thank them if they do and I tell'em before hand it is appreciated. But if they don't tip I just say ok. The only time i ask'em to tip is if they are assholes about it. you know the kind, the ones that beg in trade channels for a poke when noones around poking and bitch about it, so you log your alt poker and poke them like 6 times cause they needed 6 pokes then they just leave.

Bugs Gunny
19-11-04, 16:00
I've had that happen.

I once had a guy beggin for tl115 poke and other on doy tradechannel, so i end up genrepping with my Next ppu to Crahn HQ gr. I poke him up and he doesn't tip me or anything. That's the last time i've done that.
Right now if i'm poking at TH and they don't tip they'll get a noob buffing from my ppu. If they're low level chars, they need it but, i just love putting psi1 on a melee tank etc :-)

Morganth
19-11-04, 16:05
Well in NC1 someone in my clan used to have an auto-poker in P2. Now in NC2 there is usually one of a few auto-pokes in TH by the GR.

My PPU pokes, however I never poke anyone except my faction (CA) or my clan/friends as I don't want a tip off them. I stood around in P1 a few weeks ago poking people, and after about 30 pokes I made 5k from someone. Takes the piss, hence me not being a public poker anymore.

Netphreak
19-11-04, 16:05
The only way this could work is if pokes have price brackets depending on TL:

TL1-9 = 1K
TL10 - 19 = 1K
TL20 - 29 = 2K
TL30 - 39 = 4K
TL40 - 49 = 8K
TL50 - 59 = 16K
TL60 - 69 = 32K
TL70 - 79 = 64K
TL80 - 89 = 128K
TL100+ = 300K maybe?

It isn't exactly a perfect solution and the prices could be changed.

It could be changed to simply costing 1K x TL of the implant. But i think this would hurt noobs who can't find a poker.

Maybe it could be 2K per poke up till TL40 implants then its 1.5K x TL of implant.

superfresh
19-11-04, 16:22
Not biased, but auto-pokes would suck.

Obsidian X
19-11-04, 16:22
MY sentiments are pretty much the same as everyone else's on this thread. My monk now only uses pokes for self-pokage these days. Back in the days of NC1 in Plaza 2, I used to make a fortune poking (could be the inflated economy..?) but in NC2, for some reason, everyone has decided to become assholes about it. The typical scenario of poking someone six times to get a "sex" then have the person run off. :(

Needless to say I give that up as I make more money killing rats than poking. Most pokers have this problem, then the community wonders why theres no pokers anymore. :rolleyes:

Well when my PPU is sufficiently levelled, I might poke again, and anyone who sexes me and runs off will get a Parashock, damage boost, and a rusty double edged sword up their arse sideways :p

jnky
19-11-04, 16:30
Netphreak why does it need a price scale to work ???

My idea is to negate certain problems with poking ie no tip, gr fees ect.
Most pokers dont mind being tipped 1k per poke and if I get say 5 pokes and tip 5k most pokers are suprised and give big thanks for stacking the tip they deserve.

Pokers have it rough, stand around all day, dont get what they deserve and alot of the time dont even get a thx and peeps complain that theres a lack of pokers. :rolleyes:

@ superfresh...WHY?? please give reasons, so far no one has give a really good reason for not doing it imo

@ everyone...you all have stories of not being tipped ect, does that mean you all think its a good idea ? should I have opened a poll to satisfy my question :wtf:

Bugs Gunny
19-11-04, 16:46
What also works is if you get sex from a clanned runner instead of a tip, write that clan and his name down, next time one of them wants a tl 115 poke raly realy bad to go back into op fighting, tell him you won't poke him and why :-)

SorkZmok
19-11-04, 16:58
Poking should stay a tradeskill. And imps gotta fall out again when you die. Cant believe KK still didnt fix it. Makes OPfights a joke. Generally it sucks. I had to kill some twat about 5 times till he stopped coming back to try again right after he died. Was much fun though. :p

Reefer
19-11-04, 17:16
The npc poker might be a nice idea when you make the costs depending on TL. say 1k per TL as already stated before. This will make the NPC poker verry expensive so you still want to look for a player-poker and you'll be glad to tip him a few measily K's ;)

This way pokers remain usefull and if you can't find any pokers for hours on end and you really need one you can still get a (really expensive) poke . depends on how much people value their pokes :p

you'll have another moneysink too :angel:

On the other hand, if this was a poll I'd still vote no, there shouldn't be an NPC poker...go figure :cool:

jnky
19-11-04, 17:35
look please....
The idea is for player shops/player owned npcs.
The runner will still need implant as his trade skill for his shop/npc to be able to poke you, I am NOT saying have autopoking NPC's......

ah fuck it

close thread please cba

superfresh
19-11-04, 17:47
@ superfresh...WHY?? please give reasons, so far no one has give a really good reason for not doing it imo

@ jnky - wait don't close thread yet.

First off, it's a community game. It's not all about zapping little criitters in some sewer or at the bunker.

Tradeskills IMO are one of the aspects of the game that encourage player interaction.

The economy is tough now because NC2 is new. That doesnt mean that pokers should become obsolete.

A lot of pokers want tips. They're not there because they're not getting any. It doesn't mean there needs to be an in-game fix. The fix is up to the players who need the pokes.

Tried to write as quickly as I could before thread got closed...

jnky
19-11-04, 19:45
agreed... that is what I was thinking, just that pokers and tradeskilling alike seems to be on the decline (non existant with this bug).
Please carry on :angel:

btw I dont see it as a fix, just would be nice and I feel it would benefit all when the imps start poping again :eek:

Netphreak
19-11-04, 20:18
Netphreak why does it need a price scale to work ???

Because that way poking can still be a viable tradeskill because using the npc would be stupidly expensive.

ronaz
20-11-04, 00:19
Pokers unite, form union, ask money beforehand, problem solved.