PDA

View Full Version : Healing light

LiL T
18-11-04, 21:47
healing light is way too powerfull and STFU befor your start k. I'ts more powerful than a CS and holy lighting FFS it really fucking hurts if the person using it can aim

./edit ok so I got owned bad I ran seeing more than 2 in local into water where I could not run very well but the point is I think its a little bit powerfull in the hands of a PE thats all

Chess -
18-11-04, 21:52
healing light is way too powerfull and STFU befor your start k. I'ts more powerful than a CS and holy lighting FFS it really fucking hurts if the person using it can aim

./edit ok so I got owned bad I ran seeing more than 2 in local into water where I could not run very well but the point is I think its a little bit powerfull in the hands of a PE thats all

LOLOL LIL got owned by a HL :lol:

BTW its not over powered.

giga191
18-11-04, 21:54

ive wanted to make a HL pe for ages...but that involves lomming so naahhh :p.
It's alrite for spies though coz they are weak

MkVenner
18-11-04, 21:55
it does do more damage than a CS and a HL, but it is a higher TL, but i do agree it is a bit insane...

Morganth
18-11-04, 22:26
The thing that takes the piss even more is the fact that most times at long range you can't see the beam.

LiL T
18-11-04, 22:45
The thing that takes the piss even more is the fact that most times at long range you can't see the beam.

Can't see it or hear it you just die and like wtf drone???

Mechanicus
19-11-04, 02:00
ya but you die quick to any gun LiL T

SorkZmok
19-11-04, 05:51
I made a thread about it ages ago. No one thought it was overpowered.

But i still think it is. Huge clip, insane damage, piss easy aiming, awesome range, easy to cap.
Worst of all: From the distance you dont see or hear the shots. Your health just drops. Most of the time it needs several shots to register and those then instantly take you down to 1/3 of your health and cripple your runspeed.

Stupid gun. Needs a nerf.

/edit

Chess & Mechanicus, how about a serious post? Fuckers.

Nvidia
19-11-04, 06:05
Idea: Switch Disruptor TL with Healing light TL.

I don't mind seeing a TL 115 weapon doing this kind of damage, but it's too easy too reach at only 110 DEX.

Switch it, and you might not have as bad of a time.

And the firing animation needs to be fixed too.

tarasm
19-11-04, 06:39
hey you dont if u use waytt earp you need 30 shots to kill a noob or a noob can kill you

bounty
19-11-04, 07:03
Does more damage perhaps, i'm unsure, but your target can take a lot more damage than the spy so sounds okay to me.

Koshinn
19-11-04, 07:04
not really, bounty. two drugs, for inq armor and shelter makes spies almost as tough as PEs. More drugs means more defense. Much more than an APU.

bounty
19-11-04, 07:11
not really, bounty. two drugs, for inq armor and shelter makes spies almost as tough as PEs. More drugs means more defense. Much more than an APU.

yeah i see what you mean, I made the mistake of comparing it to a tank. Since the comparison was to a CS or a HL. BUt yeah, against a PE or apu, doesn't sound so fair.

I'd like to add, that the main gripe i have with this gun is that there is no sound from being hit. I was standing at crp the other day (i'm ppu and had full buffs and shelter up) and i was down to half health before I even realized i was being shot at. Sure i should pay better attention, but you usually hear or "feel" something that is shooting you that triggers your responses. I can see where someone without my defenses could get dropped even quicker without knowing.

edit: couldn't the PE take those same two drugs and be even better or no?

Koshinn
19-11-04, 07:20
no for a PE it'd be different drugs, probably red flash instead of the psi one.

I think the main problem with healing light is that it does non-locational damage. >.<

NaKoth
19-11-04, 09:09
I think the main problem with healing light is that it does non-locational damage. >.<

Yup, I would love to take out the legs of the opponent first. :D

There are many situations, in some, a gun can be considered "overpowered".
Same gun, another situation and you swear out laud to make even some dmg.

MISS WHIP
19-11-04, 09:31
I think the main reason HL is so deadly now is due to the one of the last patches where weapon lore now plays a biger part in the frequency of the HL.

Even with a capped spy and a all artifact HL i could cap the damage but never cap the frequency but now the damm thing fires so quick i take down a tank in half the time even though the damage is still the same....

It's about time spies are something to fear and not laugh at :lol:

Nvidia
19-11-04, 09:44
Viva la Spy, Monk'o'cron! ;)

Sorin
19-11-04, 11:58
Uh oh......dare we say it.......SPY O CRON?! If Spy O Cron is upon us, Shadow Dancer must finally be getting laid :p

I love the healing light. God I hope they don't nerf it. There's always the issue with it being double barreled, taking two units of ammo per shot, but actually firing 3 beams and doing the damage of all 3.

Nvidia
19-11-04, 12:04
I really hope they don't nerf it either. It's the perfect symbol of how all the high-end rare rifles should be. They should all be this powerful. No one uses rifles anymore, and after this patch, there's no reason not to go pistols. Rifles need some kind of a boost to gain popularity again. Nerfing the Healing Light (The only reason to be a rifle spy IE the only rifle that works like a HIGH-TECH POWERFUL RIFLE) would do nothing but kill off the remaining rifle spy users. TBH of course.

Weazle
19-11-04, 12:41
No to a goddam rifle nerf ..... fix the main problem first ... goddam Monk-o-cron sucks :p

netster
19-11-04, 12:56
It's the perfect symbol of how all the high-end rare rifles should be. They should all be this powerful.

all weaps should have a adv/disadb table for something like this ....
show me the bad sides of the Healing Light.... :wtf:

it needs at least a _HOLY_ nerf on range, cause its made for surgical uses ... not a TOP-Range-Zone-Sniperrifle ...

Bugs Gunny
19-11-04, 13:06
Not considering i also sometimes join in nerfthreads i must say it's all becoming very amusing at times.

Each day we have a nerf thread for something else.

Let's be original and as k for a nerf the tradeskiller, becasue they can get loads of cash without being in harm's way, just sitting in their hq.
Their tools are way overpowered, c'mon do you see a spy wielding a TL150 weapon???? LOWER TL ON TOOLS !!!!!!

:-)

Falen
19-11-04, 13:52

I don't mind seeing a TL 115 weapon doing this kind of damage, but it's too easy too reach at only 110 DEX.

thats all there is to it ^_^

XaNToR
19-11-04, 15:31
right, healing light is doing more damage than a holy lightning, right... :lol: :lol:

before ure trying to nerf a shattered class(because everything bases on healing light), u should take a look at the pistols... then come back and tell me whether rifles are still overpowered :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
19-11-04, 15:37
True.

After the last patch everything has changed, so give things time to sink in.
Maybe one should compare the slasher to the healing light, and see if it is still overpowered.

Original monk
19-11-04, 16:41
Let's be original and as k for a nerf the tradeskiller

that aint original, poor tradeskillers :)

about the Healing Light: it always been a monsterweapon, its yust everyone was always yelling it was shit ... i know for sure it wasnt cause before there was the giant damageboost for healinglight i sniped tons of tanks with it in pepperpark :) (on my fullcombatspy: o.O)

that was before the giant damageboost about euh half a year, maybe a bit longer ago ... it actually was a monsterweapon before the disrupter even came out :) let alone the +50%ish damageboost they gave it lol

the fact ya dont see the beam makes it a monster, onlything they can see is (with a full arty xray scoped HL) there health going off slightly like -20, -10, -8 (the tank doesnt notice anything and thinks hey im bugged it seems, my healt goes off) and then the Xray and real energydamage kicks in :P -300, -200 and BAM dead, no-one ever knows where the heck it comes from, they yust end up dead before they can even pull a heal or know whats going on :)

what makes it deadly is that youre health doesnt goes down smoothly, its in very small steps, you think you can even outheal it and then BAM ... is it lag ? is it the damagetypes kicking in ? i dunno ..

edit: thank you for that healing light Dacovale, you where the best constructer in neocron :)

(edit: ya cant compare a sniper with a closecombat pistol :p )

Obsidian X
19-11-04, 16:51
Seriously, what skill does it take to shoot someone from a great distance with the HL, then stealth away if he even spots you before he drops??

HL + Stealth = Lame.

Theres not a lot else can be said. I expect people to flame now, but how can you not consider it lame, when you're using an overpowered weapon that makes no sound, nor does it register any impact on the victim, unless they're constantly watching their health..? I've seen full capped tanks drop from 2-3 shots from a HL and not have any idea what hit them. And to top it off, you also have a nice fat pile of TC to use with your HL, so if anyone does spot you, god forbid, get out stealth and stroll away unharmed.

The only people I ever see raid NC these days are Slasher spies and HL spies. More commonly the latter. Think that speaks for itself.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
19-11-04, 17:05
I really hope they don't nerf it either. It's the perfect symbol of how all the high-end rare rifles should be. They should all be this powerful. No one uses rifles anymore, and after this patch, there's no reason not to go pistols. Rifles need some kind of a boost to gain popularity again. Nerfing the Healing Light (The only reason to be a rifle spy IE the only rifle that works like a HIGH-TECH POWERFUL RIFLE) would do nothing but kill off the remaining rifle spy users. TBH of course.

after the last patch pistols sux tbh
with 170 pc + 130 wl b4 this capped all pistols aiming and most dmg
but now it dosent even cap a fully arti judge
we pc spy have now been nerfed :mad:
but
nm i still got my 81/63 rc spy 2 play with :p

M

Original monk
19-11-04, 17:15
HL + Stealth = Lame.

there are bigger lamertechniques then stealth and HL :) but every weapon combined with stealth can be called lame ... same with a SH, FL, slasher, executioner & stealth etc etc -> called stealthwhoring :D

also think about the fact that for example tanks can yust snipe the sniperspy back with a stormlaser or tangent lasercannon (yes this is pretty effective), that is if they can spot they are being shot at on time ... thats the tricky part on the HL ... the "real" damage registers a few seconds later but by then 9 outta 10 its to late ...

youre post can also be a disguised stealthwhinethread, i dunno

i never had particular problems with stealthers, nothing that cant be fixed with a maladiction, doomy, holy multilightningbolt, rocketlauncherpistol or even some barrels :)

Tostino
19-11-04, 17:34
right, healing light is doing more damage than a holy lightning, right... :lol: :lol:

before ure trying to nerf a shattered class(because everything bases on healing light), u should take a look at the pistols... then come back and tell me whether rifles are still overpowered :rolleyes:
Yes rifles are still over powerd :p. HL is way more powerfull then a slasher and you can snipe with it. It needs a nerf bad and boost the FL aiming and the rifles will be fine.

StryfeX
19-11-04, 17:39
HL is a nasty weapon, but a lot of it is due to it being a laser and hence not doing locational damage. On my tank, I only take about 50 damage per shot from a Healing Light, but because of their frequency I can still be taken down pretty fast.

With stealth however, HL just becomes a really big nuisance as most of the time what'll happen is the spy will fire a few times then immediately stealth away and heal up whatever damage you did to them as you heal up whatever damage they did to you. Rinse, repeat. Its probably one of the most lame "tactics" that I've seen yet.

On the flip side, if you have a Ravager (preferably Xheat for the majority of those pesky spies) you can drop spies rather quickly. The only major gripe I have about the Rav is that even though it has a roughly 800m range at cap (~200m beyond the clipping pane) you can't actually get the recticle to close past 400m or so. I suspect this is something hard-coded in relation to heavy weapons.

--Stryfe

Clownst0pper
19-11-04, 17:45
A HL using PE has horrible defence, however, the distance and accuracy + ROF of a healing light makes it fucking horrible to fight against.

Admitadly terror it is a powerful weapon, however, it is high TL, hard to fully cap, and is still managable.

kurai
19-11-04, 17:50
Healing Light doing more damage than Holy Lightning ? :wtf:

Put down the crack-pipe people - that shit will kill you.

In threads passim I created a table of damage per minute comparisons for the top end rares of various classes.
I added in `real world` factors like PSI regen, reload, fizzle percentages, clip sizes, burst miss rate, body zone damage caps yadda yadda as well as basic RoF/DMG calcs from weapon stats.

Even after the big Healing Light damage boost the Holy Lightning outdamages it by nearly 3 to 1.

(The CS outdamages it by 1.75 to 1)

Miss Naughty
19-11-04, 18:45
My melee tank got totally owned by a Healing Light spy a little while ago. The guy was drugging up to use shelter (not that it would have helped him much up close to a PoB) but he played very well. It does take a lot of skill to be good in those situations so fair play to him.

I defintely prefer the hl to fl, its a much more satisfying rifle in pvp. I agree that it should probably be a TL 115 rifle.

At least SH spirit mods are gone now. A ppu would be toast to a spirit modded sh + healing light combo.

Birkoff
19-11-04, 19:07

In threads passim I created a table of damage per minute comparisons for the top end rares of various classes.
I added in `real world` factors like PSI regen, reload, fizzle percentages, clip sizes, burst miss rate, body zone damage caps yadda yadda as well as basic RoF/DMG calcs from weapon stats.

Even after the big Healing Light damage boost the Holy Lightning outdamages it by nearly 3 to 1.

People don't think about it before they come moaning on the forums though, you know that.
Pistols are useless now so there are a lot more rifle spies, never really die to a HL, die to drones a lot. The piercing drones need a nerf not the HL TBH.

Koshinn
19-11-04, 19:28
Yup, I would love to take out the legs of the opponent first. :D

There are many situations, in some, a gun can be considered "overpowered".
Same gun, another situation and you swear out laud to make even some dmg.

Here's a comparison. Liberator. It does great early on, but after a while full bursts start giving 4 damage instead of 20. Legs die fast anyway in NC2. If HL was locational it would be a lot worse. It wouldn't do a constant.. 40-50? It would do 50.. then 40.. then 20.. then like 15s. Regardless if you aim at the head or chest or legs. If the Libbie was non-locational it would be very overpowered. :-P

Xylaz
19-11-04, 20:11
i dont see any real problem with HL except the beam visibility bug - which is indeed, annoying as hell, due to lag you start seeing the dmg after 3rd hit or so which is usually too late. So yeah, that bug is a problem, not hl damage.
Another thing is that HL is kind of auto aiming weapon, like rayguns, its reaaaaaly hard to miss with it.
FL - on the other hand - does much much more dmg but its pretty hard to aim without a laserpointer, yet if played right it causes havoc and distaster :D

Anyways, i want Disruptor rof unnerfed!

Jesterthegreat
19-11-04, 21:49
LOLOL LIL got owned by a HL :lol:

BTW its not over powered.

lil got owned by my non rare rifle many times in NF...

you (assuming thats your ingame name) would have if you didnt stealth and leave...

the HL does alot of damage, but the main problem is at range the beam isnt visable and it doesnt splash blood on your screen. you only see it if your looking at your health bar

Koshinn
19-11-04, 23:09
Yeah. btw, nice gun Jester. very innovative setup. But a good person with a healing light does like 2x the damage you do, especially late in fights.

And now... you can easilyl cap PE freq.

Xylaz
19-11-04, 23:42
ok i've done some testing and it seems that HL is indeed a little overpowered compared to its tl... or maybe the other high end rifles are underpowered compared to it

it seems that there is no significant difference between capped disruptor and capped HL. Its 5 tl above, but the dmg is almost the same.

101x3 with capped HL on a tl 70 mob
99x3 with disruptor 174% dmg
74x4 with FL with 175% dmg

same mob, same ammo mod

HL is much easier to cap both in terms of dmg and frequency, and the aiming is superior to both fl and dissy.

hmm...

[edit:] i'm not sure about the frequency issues, FL frequency is 227/min which is pretty good but the aming is horrible so its very hard to take an advantage of good freq.
Dunno about HL and Dissy's freq, but again, auto-aiming style of HL will give u advantage in close combat. Dissy *might* be better for a sniper use, but again - bugs are at the HL's advantage.

Koth
19-11-04, 23:58
I had a 5 slot healing light - i capped it, i owned with it, tbh, reduce the clip size and actually make it so the damage isnt invisible, job done

SorkZmok
20-11-04, 00:03
Seriously, HL needs the invisible dmg thing fixed. This is shit. You dont see it or hear it, nothing. Your health just drops. And thanks to lag you find out when hald your health is gone already.

Cause every stupid spy caps its RoF now.

LiL T
20-11-04, 01:08

Erm, yeah it is actully if I can take a nice fuck load of Holy lighting but not healing light no it hurts and I hate the fact PE's are using it now.

Koshinn
20-11-04, 01:12
Erm, yeah it is actully if I can take a nice fuck load of Holy lighting but not healing light no it hurts and I hate the fact PE's are using it now.

It's due to random damage and the non-locational nature of healing light. Holy light does more damage the first 1-2 shots on average, but soon after healing light catches up.

LiL T
20-11-04, 01:23
shit defence clown ?

I think not, might have little less health but that like 50 less wow ! a bit tweaking will make it ok oooh and 150 weapon lore will probly cap it with out a doubt

/edit and I have seen your crazy 160 resist setups no point tbh 114 = 72 % protection 200 = 76 % heh 3% extra for your trouble in capping a given resist :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 02:10
shit defence clown ?

I think not, might have little less health but that like 50 less wow ! a bit tweaking will make it ok oooh and 150 weapon lore will probly cap it with out a doubt

/edit and I have seen your crazy 160 resist setups no point tbh 114 = 72 % protection 200 = 76 % heh 3% extra for your trouble in capping a given resist :rolleyes:

my resists / health...

not drug reliant, 1 drug almost always used by choice, second drug optional (redflash and nightspider)

:edit: top values are mine, bottom are yours. your health is shockingly low

LiL T
20-11-04, 22:19
Aye what ever.......

/edit its without any drugs btw with drugs who knows what you would end up with , You using heat 1 on that setup cos it will weakin your shelter strength I don't see how you get all the posion. Not to meation all 130 fire energy xray and the health I'm kind of puzzled cos when I mess about with skill mangers. Theres allways something like not enough str to wear inq 3 so pop in strength chip ah but then you can't wear med energy belt maybe I'm just a noob who can't work it out :lol:

Dromidas
20-11-04, 23:40
So ok, Melee tanks, ppu, apu, and now pe are overpowered, what's that leave? hc tanks and spys? :confused:

SilKK
20-11-04, 23:41
its been overpowered for ages whoever says its not is just someone whos got one and dosnt wanna see its nerfed just plain selfishness and the pure fact that they use overpowered wepons to pk to make up for there lack of skill

i mean wat kinda wepon has no amination i mean the beam anamation no sound ive been killed several times on my spy just typing to clan by healing light cause i dont realised anyone is even shooting me till i see my life nearly to 0 then im dead why do you think everyones trying to geta 5 slot healing light its a telling factor of a overpowered wepon

trigger hurt
21-11-04, 01:09
its been overpowered for ages whoever says its not is just someone whos got one and dosnt wanna see its nerfed just plain selfishness and the pure fact that they use overpowered wepons to pk to make up for there lack of skill

i mean wat kinda wepon has no amination i mean the beam anamation no sound ive been killed several times on my spy just typing to clan by healing light cause i dont realised anyone is even shooting me till i see my life nearly to 0 then im dead why do you think everyones trying to geta 5 slot healing light its a telling factor of a overpowered wepon
When I had a rifle spy, I used healing light because:

a) first love aims like a truck
b) disruptor *pew pew pew pewpewpew* noise is annoying and hurst my head
c) RoG is ass from long range
d) They took my spirit sh away, so I lost my support role and now need to be a damage dealer
e) redeemer has nice rof and great range and decent accuracy, but the damage sucks.

Gotterdammerung
21-11-04, 01:32
sad

I remember many times making 5 slotted healing lights only to have my clannies spurn them.

Apparently everything comes full circle

balanced = overpowered = godlike = nerfed [repeat at 4 month intervals]

Liebestoter
21-11-04, 01:34
HL is fine. lol.

Worry about monks, melee and PPU buffs before you nerf the spies.

trigger hurt
21-11-04, 01:47
sad

I remember many times making 5 slotted healing lights only to have my clannies spurn them.

Apparently everything comes full circle

balanced = overpowered = godlike = nerfed [repeat at 4 month intervals]
gotter, can you settle something for me?

I'm going to list the clans I've been in...just tell me...was I ever in a clan with you. All I want to know, ur secret is safe with me.

New Dawn

FLASHZ06
21-11-04, 02:24
it is a rifle that can shot over 1000 meters. you not going to hear it or see it. lets talk about the holy lighting being over powered or maybe a cs being overpowered. dont cry about the pour spy's rifle being too good. but make it tl 115 sounds good. so them nasty pes cant use it with out druging up. how about drop req on shelter so that a spy can use it without drugs. he wont cap it but it will help the poor weak spy to be more pvp capable. up close that is. a spy is made to fight from long range dont be made when someone is good at it. in fact make the healing light easier to cap the aim so he can built that 4 slot spell or cs you want. in stead of having to swap imps all the time to be one or the other tradeskill or combat. i know everone will say that is bull spy can do both. and they can when thay are capped. but a apu dont have to cap psi to cap a holy lighting or a tank can cap a cs way before he is capped. what im saying is you want a spy to have 250 in cst and 120 in int and dex but want to complain when he has a weapon that makes him pvp capable. SO WAH WAH WAH that healing light hurts LOL

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 03:12
Aye what ever.......

/edit its without any drugs btw with drugs who knows what you would end up with , You using heat 1 on that setup cos it will weakin your shelter strength I don't see how you get all the posion. Not to meation all 130 fire energy xray and the health I'm kind of puzzled cos when I mess about with skill mangers. Theres allways something like not enough str to wear inq 3 so pop in strength chip ah but then you can't wear med energy belt maybe I'm just a noob who can't work it out :lol:

the only drugs my PE takes are nightspider and redflash. if i dont take redflash my SA isnt active, but my weapon still works, nightspider is optional. i think that setup is haz 1, although ingame atm in br2 and decent shelter stats :p

there are ways to use inq 3 without a beast and still be effective in combat :)

:edit: although my setup is reliant on a single drug if i use PE... however i dont i use TS rifle and Termi

:edit2: @above - constructive replies > trolling.

oh and use paragraphs if you want people to read it rather than scanning it

Xylaz
21-11-04, 04:28
the only problem i can see here is - there is no real use for other high end rifles (dissy, FL, and - to some extent - SH) because HL is superior to all of them.
It does almost the same dmg as rifles who are 5 tls above it, it has better aiming and its muuuuch easier to cap, it has bugs which gives big advantage to anyone who use it.
That is the problem.

My vote would be rather to unnerf other rifles (FL aiming, DIS freq, SH bugs), and fix HL animation bugs...

Liebestoter
21-11-04, 04:47
^^^^

That is the correct answer. Instead of making one knife dull so it's equal to the other knives, sharpen the ones that are dull. Makes sense doesn't it? :D

40$Poser
21-11-04, 05:53
HL is fine. lol.

Worry about monks, melee and PPU buffs before you nerf the spies.

ok if it's fine lets make all rares lose their animation to lessen the obviousness of being hit.

And no, don't nerf spies they are fine. The HL just needs an animation adjustment.

And I have a capped rifle spy so don't try with OMG NOOB U DON'T GOT A SPY SO QUIT MAKING STUFF UP LOLLOLLLOLLLOL KITTEN 4 EVAR

Koshinn
21-11-04, 06:20
it is a rifle that can shot over 1000 meters. you not going to hear it or see it. lets talk about the holy lighting being over powered or maybe a cs being overpowered. dont cry about the pour spy's rifle being too good. but make it tl 115 sounds good. so them nasty pes cant use it with out druging up. how about drop req on shelter so that a spy can use it without drugs. he wont cap it but it will help the poor weak spy to be more pvp capable. up close that is. a spy is made to fight from long range dont be made when someone is good at it. in fact make the healing light easier to cap the aim so he can built that 4 slot spell or cs you want. in stead of having to swap imps all the time to be one or the other tradeskill or combat. i know everone will say that is bull spy can do both. and they can when thay are capped. but a apu dont have to cap psi to cap a holy lighting or a tank can cap a cs way before he is capped. what im saying is you want a spy to have 250 in cst and 120 in int and dex but want to complain when he has a weapon that makes him pvp capable. SO WAH WAH WAH that healing light hurts LOL

CS or HL being overpowered? Don't get me started, they're as close to balanced as they've been in 2 years. APUs have to get very close to cap to cap a holy lightning. Tanks (until the recent patch messed things up) NEVER capped a CS. And I think you'll see a LASER BEAM hitting you regardless if it's 10 feet or 1000 feet away. In this game (and mostly everything except reality) laser beams are visible. Why would being further away make it hard to see? Not hearing is perfectly fine, but it should be able to be seen. And I've never seen someone complain that a spy should not be able to tradeskill and pvp. Where have you seen that? Drop the req on shelter? So you want spies to be the god of long range and make them at least as good as a PE in close range? And have near invincibility in the form of stealth? And be able to tl250 cst? Sorry... every class makes compromises. Most of your facts are just plain wrong and it's obvious you just want an overpowered weapon for your character. HL doen't just make spies pvp capable. It makes them utterly destroy anyone if used correctly (besides maybe a PPU).

And I have a capped rifle spy so don't try with OMG NOOB U DON'T GOT A SPY SO QUIT MAKING STUFF UP LOLLOLLLOLLLOL KITTEN 4 EVAR
KITTEN 4 EVAR!!!

FLASHZ06
21-11-04, 07:25
Lol dude you think give spy a 200 % dmg stat shelter will make them as pvp capable as a pe . i guess all them extra con point dont mean a thing to a pe.

you are right tho i dont have a apu or hc tank but i know that you can get a artifact holy lighting or cs and cap it way before skill cap. you missed the point of the conversation.

i think healing light give spy a nice way to lvl and pvp. every class has there most valued weapon healing light is the rifle spy's or if you got the rc for a dissy .

fixing the animation is good idea but that wont help if you are not looking that way. my first shot is always when your back is turned. after the sec shot i hope your close to dead. if so time to move in for the kill. well that is my thoughts.

Tostino
21-11-04, 07:38
after the sec shot i hope your close to dead.So after 2 shots you think your non over powerd gun should kill somone? This pisses me off so much you people saying that it is not over powerd and all this shit... If they made the damage locational the gun would be perfectly balanced.

LiL T
21-11-04, 08:48
the only drugs my PE takes are nightspider and redflash. if i dont take redflash my SA isnt active, but my weapon still works, nightspider is optional. i think that setup is haz 1, although ingame atm in br2 and decent shelter stats :p

there are ways to use inq 3 without a beast and still be effective in combat :)

:edit: although my setup is reliant on a single drug if i use PE... however i dont i use TS rifle and Termi

:edit2: @above - constructive replies > trolling.

oh and use paragraphs if you want people to read it rather than scanning it

Well I had seen and thought about a HAZ resist setup using a drug but For that I would need an SA :( and untill I get a character that can enter MC5 and live I won't have one. But however after a night of making setups I found it can be done with a SRI chip it give same intel and dex needed :) for lowtech it would work.

I didn't even see that using an SRI would benifit me i an way O_o one thing though that stops me using heat or haz is would there be any point ? gonna get less damage on my shelter it could happen to be worse

Koshinn
21-11-04, 09:02
Lol dude you think give spy a 200 % dmg stat shelter will make them as pvp capable as a pe . i guess all them extra con point dont mean a thing to a pe.
Um.. pretty much yes. Shelter makes up at least 50% of a PE's defense. And With the better armor of a Spy, you'll easilly make up for the lower con. 200% shelter is barely different than 300% shelter, I've tested.

you are right tho i dont have a apu or hc tank but i know that you can get a artifact holy lighting or cs and cap it way before skill cap. you missed the point of the conversation.

No, you missed that part. I said earlier, tanks NEVER cap a CS. How many times do I have to repeat that? The recent patch changes things too much, they should patch the wep changes closer to what they were before. APUs do NOT cap holy lightning way before skill cap. Please... read my post again. Repeating myself sucks tbh.

i think healing light give spy a nice way to lvl and pvp. every class has there most valued weapon healing light is the rifle spy's or if you got the rc for a dissy .

The problem is that healing light should NOT be the best way to level. Every class' best weapon is the highest tl direct damage. CA plasma wave (for CA) or CS for the rest of the tanks, holy lightning or fire apoc depending on the enemy, and PEs depending on their setup but it's always the highest tl weapon they can get with their chosen trade off for defense. I agree that the Spy class SHOULD have a great pvp/pvm weapon, but it shouldn't be the 4th from highest tl rifle, it should be the highest.

fixing the animation is good idea but that wont help if you are not looking that way. my first shot is always when your back is turned. after the sec shot i hope your close to dead. if so time to move in for the kill. well that is my thoughts.
That's besides the point. By your logic, holy lightning shouldn't have an animation because you never can tell where the shooter is from unless it's the only APU shooting an energy spell, and he's infront of you. I can take many more than 3 shots... most people can.

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 12:26
ok quit your bitching FLASHZ06.

what needs to be done:

1. fix the laser animation at long range.

2. fix the blood splatter animation on hit (IE there is none now so there is no way to know you are hit unless you stare at your health).

things that are a possibility to do:

1. lower HL range a bit, boost other riffles damage. make there be a distinction between the SH for long range and the HL for medium and close. if you want to snipe effectively you should use the SH... why? because if its not like that why bother ever using a SH? it makes the higher level guns unused and a waste of space (in database and rare pool).

2a. nerf HL damage

2b. nerf HL range.

now personally i would prefer option 1, atm i hate fighting a slasher PE, but a dissy PE is no problem. an exec PE can do some serious damage, a FL PE can barely hit me (FL accuray when fullky aimed is another thing that has needed looking at for a long time).

i have fought a capped HL in close combat and its fine, its just when it has no firing animationor impact animation (blood) when its a problem

LTA
21-11-04, 12:47

it makes them more pvpable than a pe.

Executioner, slasher, healin light, First Love + shelter, inqui 1 and a good con setup plus mebbe hacking or something

Pe can use them weps with the right stuff and drugs but a spy naturally uses em and caps em and is way more effective and deals plenty of dmg why soaking loads of it up.
Well think whatever i know what my pistol spy does and can take and my pe was more resistant but weapons weren't as good as they were on my spy so spy came first everytime i love my exe spy, rox0rs most things one on one and with ppu buffs in a op war he just plain rocks.

As for the healing light well i think it's fine fix the anim but thats it, its tl 110 it should hurt, the dissie needs some love and the fl might need a little love and HC tanks have the Ravager althought i thought a tl 115 STORM type laser would be nice for them since it has more range :p

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 12:57
Pe can use them weps with the right stuff and drugs but a spy naturally uses em and caps em and is way more effective and deals plenty of dmg why soaking loads of it up.

you say an advantage of a spy is naturally using he weaps when a PE has to drug... although a spy has to drug for armour / shelt :)

i would say a well setup spy and a well setup PE are fairly even. if the PE is very well setup Damage Boost may give him the edge (IE if he caps or near caps RoF)

Selendor
21-11-04, 13:12
You know, as an aside, I think demand for Healing Light's will have gone up greatly since this thread.

LTA
21-11-04, 13:16
you say an advantage of a spy is naturally using he weaps when a PE has to drug... although a spy has to drug for armour / shelt :)

i would say a well setup spy and a well setup PE are fairly even. if the PE is very well setup Damage Boost may give him the edge (IE if he caps or near caps RoF)My spy takes the same drugs as my lt pe, my high tech would take more than my spy.

My pe will never realistically cap a first love or a healing light or a slasher my spy will and i like to use drugs anyway i find its nice to have that edge they provide :p.

and i dont drug my rifle spy till the enemy is on thei way upon me stealth outta there buff and come in for some warrage, i have range that keeps me safe for a while :D

Serpent
21-11-04, 17:19
healing light < slasher / hl

atm: a weapon kills somebody, the person goes to forums and cry ZOMG, NERFZ0R TEH WEAPON....

its good atm, slasher a bit too over, ppu too over, mc tank A BIT too over...... pe needs a new toy, hc tank needs something too.....

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 17:39
healing light < slasher / hl

atm: a weapon kills somebody, the person goes to forums and cry ZOMG, NERFZ0R TEH WEAPON....

its good atm, slasher a bit too over, ppu too over, mc tank A BIT too over...... pe needs a new toy, hc tank needs something too.....

slasher fine (although itkills fps), ppu too "needed", MC tank fine... PE's ae fine, hc tank is fine.

as for HL, sort out the animation bugs and it will be fine

kurai
21-11-04, 18:01
I'm an R-C spy and even I think the Healing Light is a little much at present.

It is a little too good for it's tech-level, and the rifles above it are a little too weak.
The Silent Hunter is fucked in a great many ways, the First Love has pathetic accuracy, the Disruptor has too little rate of fire.

If the Healing Light was made to deliver locational damage, and the blood splash/beam animation was fixed I think it would pretty much solve it's problems.
The others would still need work.

Note that I'm not saying that the Holy Lightning, Ravager, Cursed Soul, ridiculous pistol ranges etc are balanced correctly - but those are arguments for another thread.

Zheo
21-11-04, 18:23

You would say that cos you a spy and my PE was whooping you with his healing light :p maybe it is overpowered but i dont really care, you think the game is balanced? Every tried taking on a hybrid LMFAO, i dont think that it's the gun, sometimes things just seem over powered, perhaps due to lag or something, maybe you just need a faster connection I know i do lol

Koshinn
21-11-04, 21:32
Every tried taking on a hybrid LMFAO, i dont think that it's the gun, sometimes things just seem over powered, perhaps due to lag or something, maybe you just need a faster connection I know i do lol
Sometimes people are just more skilled than you, regardless of what class they're playing they'd win, except when they're playing a good class it seems like they're overpowered. :rolleyes: (btw, "you" doesn't mean you directly, it means "you" in general as in everyone)

r0ti0n
22-11-04, 03:08
blah blah nerf spies. i say no

how about we nerf tanks.. Thunderbolt + CS/Rav/Dev = you dead mo fo!! :rolleyes:

Church
22-11-04, 03:43
if you're a tank

thunderbolt + cs/dev = super funny to the max!

every other class/targets ( except ppu's :rolleyes: )

thunderbolt + cs/dev = super shitty to the max!

so folks: check your antidrugs! ;)

Nvidia
22-11-04, 04:44
You would say that cos you a spy and my PE was whooping you with his healing light :p maybe it is overpowered but i dont really care, you think the game is balanced? Every tried taking on a hybrid LMFAO, i dont think that it's the gun, sometimes things just seem over powered, perhaps due to lag or something, maybe you just need a faster connection I know i do lol

Way to bring Trade-NC shit talking into a civilized discussion, huh?

I don't give a shit if I'm getting "whooped". I don't bring in-game matters to the forums. But I do believe that the Healing Light is currently "the" image of what power all the other high tech rifles should do.

All you people saying that the only rifle worth using should be nerfed, because you're on the receiving end really need to look at this thing from both sides.

Have you played a spy, only to get ass-fucked by parashock and Holy Lightning every time you become too much of a threat?

Have you played a spy that dies from three holy lightnings, 4 CS bursts, 3 Healing Light shots, 6 Poison Stacks, 1 Parashock, 1 Damage Boost, 1 and a half clips of a Lib, 5 shots from an Executioner?

Using the excuse that spies can drug into better armor/a shelter is not valid, because there's people like me who don't play like that. There are spies that don't try to turn themselves into Private Eyes/Tanks. Until every spy on the server does that, you can't legitimately use that as a reason why the spies only GOOD rifle should be nerfed.

Why don't you nerf people worry about all of the other unbalanced shit in this game first, and try to find ways to fix them before you attack the little guys.

trigger hurt
22-11-04, 05:02

I don't give a shit if I'm getting "whooped". I don't bring in-game matters to the forums. But I do believe that the Healing Light is currently "the" image of what power all the other high tech rifles should do.

All you people saying that the only rifle worth using should be nerfed, because you're on the receiving end really need to look at this thing from both sides.

Have you played a spy, only to get ass-fucked by parashock and Holy Lightning every time you become too much of a threat?

Have you played a spy that dies from three holy lightnings, 4 CS bursts, 3 Healing Light shots, 6 Poison Stacks, 1 Parashock, 1 Damage Boost, 1 and a half clips of a Lib, 5 shots from an Executioner?

Using the excuse that spies can drug into better armor/a shelter is not valid, because there's people like me who don't play like that. There are spies that don't try to turn themselves into Private Eyes/Tanks. Until every spy on the server does that, you can't legitimately use that as a reason why the spies only GOOD rifle should be nerfed.

Why don't you nerf people worry about all of the other unbalanced shit in this game first, and try to find ways to fix them before you attack the little guys.
here here.

Finally, a real rifle spy, not some drugged up, armored up poser speaks. BTW Nvid. Still got my healing light? Would be nice to get it back :p

Koshinn
22-11-04, 05:07
Nvidia, the main thing people want is the higher TL rifles made so that they're better than the HL, either by boosting them or nerfing the HL. THe other thing they want is some kind of effect so you can see that you're being hit, which means a beam effect from long ranges and maybe a blood splat or something. Why do you have a problem with fixing bugs? Sure, fixing the bugs _will_ nerf the HL, but it's something that shouldn't have been in the first place. Some proposals to fixing HL is to boost the FL and Dis and SH, what's wrong about that? The point is that the 3rd from highest non-sniper rifle should not be the 1st best weapon, it should be the 3rd best.

Very valid point. I personally think they should either take drugs into balance issues or take them out completely.. or maybe too many drugs = O.D. and death. Then again, there were PEs who don't try to turn themselves into Spies, yet they got stealth removed. Just because some people don't use the full potential of their class (yes, for PEs and Spies, drugging is full potential and far better than undrugged, unlike tanks and monks) doesn't mean it needs tweaking. You can't allow a few people to make unbalanced setups just because not everyone does it.

Liebestoter
22-11-04, 05:23
here here.

Finally, a real rifle spy, not some drugged up, armored up poser speaks. BTW Nvid. Still got my healing light? Would be nice to get it back :p

FIX MELEE.
FIX APU DAMAGE.
FIX PPU'S.

DON'T NERF HL. MAKE THE OTHER RIFLES BETTER.

What have I been saying? :\

Nvidia
22-11-04, 07:19
I don't mind if they fix the firing animation for it. I agree that it needs to be fixed.

And trigger, I don't have it on my spy right now. I died with it in my belt, but thankfully Tyrant was there to pick it up for me. :p I just haven't gotten around to grabbing it off his sexy ass yet. :)

Note to all spies: FIRE APOC = BAD :p

Liebestoter
22-11-04, 07:44
I don't mind if they fix the firing animation for it. I agree that it needs to be fixed.

And trigger, I don't have it on my spy right now. I died with it in my belt, but thankfully Tyrant was there to pick it up for me. :p I just haven't gotten around to grabbing it off his sexy ass yet. :)

Nvidia is the sex TBH.

Yeah, the silent shot should be fixed. And the other guns should be unnerfed.

Koshinn
22-11-04, 10:26
lol, I agree. Don't attack APUs when they're mid-close range and are hunting warbots... more likely than not they have fire apoc (if they're smart). 2-3 fire apocs = dead spy. Maybe 4 if they have shelter. 5 if shelter and inquisition. 6+ if they have hella drugs.

Koth
22-11-04, 11:49
my spy needs sorting out - i cant even take one FA :( lol

Amen to what Nvidia said btw :)

tbh if the Healing light gets nerfed, you nerf cocks will move on to something else until the whole game of Neocron 2 is reduced to a binary 1 or 0

nibs

___T-X____
22-11-04, 13:35
Its well Overpowered due to all the things mentioned.

I was typing a sentence today and was dead before I finished it to a 'out of local range' HL Spy. Didnt even know I was being hit, nor did I finish the sentence.

Really stupid, I wasnt going to use one on my spy for these reasons *especially the invisable hit with 100% accuracy*, but now ill abuse it too. As im sick of dying to it. Its so skill-less and cheap but if your gonna have this weopon in the game and thats what it takes then so be it.

The way it deals damage is unmanagable.

Koth
22-11-04, 13:41
Ar hold on TX i agree the graphic needs to be fixed, so you can see where the fuckers are - thats just wrong its like some kind of stealth gun O_o

but other than that i think the weapon is good as it is

i fought my brother a while back (he was pretty much identical to my spy)

i used HL he used Dissy - he won 3-4 times

dissy > HL

Weazle
22-11-04, 13:46
Anyone unbuffed should be dead in a a matter of seconds anyways. Saying you got killed by one does not mean its needs to be nerfed.

If you want the Healing Light nerfed then I would want the Cursed Soul and Holy Lightning nerf ..... because they do much more damage in a short amount of time.

Don't ignore the fact the game is heavily imbalanced by Monk-O-Cron ..... threads like these just kill any meaningful discussion on anything worthwhile.

The Healing Light is not the problem at the moment ...... its people's pride when they get beaten by a weak little skinny spy is the problem :rolleyes:

If anything I want the First Love tweaked to have the same accuracy as the Curse Soul. The FL is a goddam rifle but even pissy little pistols and cannons have better accuracy for such a high TL weapon. A CS vs FL fight should be a close match with the CS having more damage then the FL of course.

___T-X____
22-11-04, 13:51
Ar hold on TX i agree the graphic needs to be fixed, so you can see where the fuckers are - thats just wrong its like some kind of stealth gun O_o

dissy > HL

Having not used the HL very much I cant say. I havent reworked my spy however if I can adopt the STR setup using HL with stealth 2/3 theres no way the Dissy is better under any circumstances and I will overpower my spy by far.

I have used the RoG STR setup extensively and can beat 9/10 Dissy spies. Im going to go do the 'by my calcuations i pwn u' Skill manager thing, LOM to it and let you know, ut i know the overcome will be overpowered at close range and sniping.

And its nothing to do with being unbuffed or nerfing, as I said - the way it deals damage is unmanagable. The SH pushs you, Holy Lighting gives the flash and CS gives the Green Bursts and pushes. Its overpowered as it is in relation to any other rifle.

___T-X____
22-11-04, 14:02
The Healing Light is not the problem at the moment ...... its people's pride when they get beaten by a weak little skinny spy is the problem :rolleyes:

No, its the WAY IT DEALS DAMAGE - it deals damage in the way a Silent Hunter should do, doesnt have the bugged zoom and or firing problem, doesnt push them, doesnt always indicate where your being hit from, gives the best accuarcy of any rifle, doesnt need reloading or alot of Transport for ammo and has equal damage at any range, plus a great TL.

Liebestoter
22-11-04, 14:30
Genesis mate get on TS :\

MaGn0lia
22-11-04, 14:48
Well actually you can't see any weapon shots if the shooter is far enough, this has been proven by a ghostly ravager shots that killed me (only saw the blue twirlie in the distance when I was dead) and clanmate proved me CS shots can't be seen from the distance.

And I guess you have never fought warbot either, their shots don't show when they shoot from the max range (I believe it is something between 400m-300m).

Xian
22-11-04, 15:18

Nail, meet head.

I go down like a sack of shit to the healing light on my PE, but I know if I get some decent aiming done with my libby that the spy's gone first. People talk about drugged shelter spies like they're everywhere - but the majority I fight don't seem to bother. The ones that do are tough, but hardly impossible to kill.

I do however think that the healing light should be kept out of reach for PE's - but if they want to put that much effort into using it I'm not all that bothered in the end, less resists for them.

SorkZmok
22-11-04, 15:48
Well actually you can't see any weapon shots if the shooter is far enough, this has been proven by a ghostly ravager shots that killed me (only saw the blue twirlie in the distance when I was dead) and clanmate proved me CS shots can't be seen from the distance.

And I guess you have never fought warbot either, their shots don't show when they shoot from the max range (I believe it is something between 400m-300m).
The HL also seems to "stack" damage. I.e. the first few hits wont register, instead they stack up and suddenly hit you all at once. After you did not hear anything, did not see anything. 2 days ago my APUs health went from full to 50ish in one drop, thats with me having a holy shelter on me. I just managed to get out of the way and THEN a mate saw the spy with his HL. And this shit happens pretty often when im fighting HL spies.

MaGn0lia
22-11-04, 15:58
I think the damage "stacking" is true with several weapons, I can do something like 40 damage on one shot on allmost capped tank with my disrupt but if I shoot twice the damage is 120-160 so it has something to do with the lag/engine/rules than just one weapon or weapon type.

Go ahead try FL, Dis, RoG and HL you see the same results on everything. Even with pistols. It just looks bad because HL has the insane damage.

Koshinn
22-11-04, 19:00

dissy > HL
So if I fight you, win most of the fights and I use a pain easer, then the pain easer > HL? No.. not really. That's more skill than gun power.

Anyone unbuffed should be dead in a a matter of seconds anyways. Saying you got killed by one does not mean its needs to be nerfed.

Does that imply that everyone should be running around with a PPU? Tanks arne't buffed, should they die in a matter of seconds?

If you want the Healing Light nerfed then I would want the Cursed Soul and Holy Lightning nerf ..... because they do much more damage in a short amount of time.

That's just being sore that your overpowered weapon is going to be nerfed. Cursed Soul does so much damage because it's a PLASMA CANNON, the healing light is a surgical laser. Tanks only have the option for pure combat, spies have the option to do mostly anything they want (except ppu). Of course they should be better. Holy Lightning doesn't need a nerf, it's been nerfed to hell and back. Random, LOCATIONAL damage sucks a lot. Sure, maybe to a mob a CS does more damage in a short amount of time, but to a player I think a healing light will kill faster. And further. And without being seen.

Don't ignore the fact the game is heavily imbalanced by Monk-O-Cron ..... threads like these just kill any meaningful discussion on anything worthwhile.

True, monks need a nerf, but so does healing light.

The Healing Light is not the problem at the moment ...... its people's pride when they get beaten by a weak little skinny spy is the problem

Ok, that's just plain arrogance. People wouldn't mind being killed by a pansy sniper spy/stealth whore if they at least knew a spy was anywhere in the same region of the world map as them. Your health drops, you don't see a swirly, you don't see a laser, you don't hear a sound, you don't see blood splat. Besides staring at your health bar, the only way you'll know is if you're lucky enough to have shelter on and see the shield flash.

Arguing that all weapons don't show shot animations from long distance just means that ALL shot animations need to be shown from any range.

Weazle
22-11-04, 19:35
Does that imply that everyone should be running around with a PPU? Tanks arne't buffed, should they die in a matter of seconds?

Anyone who is ready for a fight usually has a PPU strapped to his back like a siamese twin. I can and will drop a tank with 1 full clip of First Love or Healing Light if he's standing there like an idiot unbuffed.

That's just being sore that your overpowered weapon is going to be nerfed. Cursed Soul does so much damage because it's a PLASMA CANNON, the healing light is a surgical laser. Tanks only have the option for pure combat, spies have the option to do mostly anything they want (except ppu). Of course they should be better. Holy Lightning doesn't need a nerf, it's been nerfed to hell and back. Random, LOCATIONAL damage sucks a lot. Sure, maybe to a mob a CS does more damage in a short amount of time, but to a player I think a healing light will kill faster. And further. And without being seen.

Have you even played a spy with a Healing Light? o_O

If I stood right next to a tank with a Cursed Soul and my spy with Healing Light ... both unbuffed and both not moving ... then have a person counting down so that you both start firing at the same time ... the Healing Light will lose most of the time (if not every time). The rate of fire for a Healing Light is fire burst then wait about .75 seconds then another burst ... a CS and HL can fire a barrage in no time with less than half a second between each burst.

I'm not totally saying that the Healing Light has some glaring problems (eg. use of 2 shots of ammo for 3 bursts) but its in no way as overpowered as you "think" it is.

Invisible shots ... heck even Ravagers suffer from this problem ... I've been shot by Ravagers up close that appear from nowhere.

The problems that the Healing Light has exist in every laser weapon in the game such as the Beam Of Hell and the Laser Cannon. I've gotten sniped by a tank wielding a epic laser rifle and I didn't even know it until the tank came up to my body.

If you "fix" the Healing Light then they should "fix" the First Love ..... I go on DoY raids with a FL because the up close action requires it more than the Healing Light. I'm really annoyed at the inaccuracy of the First Love but that's another story.

Ok, that's just plain arrogance. People wouldn't mind being killed by a pansy sniper spy/stealth whore if they at least knew a spy was anywhere in the same region of the world map as them. Your health drops, you don't see a swirly, you don't see a laser, you don't hear a sound, you don't see blood splat. Besides staring at your health bar, the only way you'll know is if you're lucky enough to have shelter on and see the shield flash.

And sniper rifles being what ..... silent and deadly perhaps :rolleyes:

That argument can be brought to many weapons laser/plasmawave weapons .... Laser Cannons from a far distance can outsnipe most rifles but that's not the most important thing on the list (again Monk-O-Cron I will say).

Arguing that all weapons don't show shot animations from long distance just means that ALL shot animations need to be shown from any range.

Which is a the problem with the current game engine ... if you want certain things fixed for one weapon (shot animations, blood, sounds, etc) then you'll need to fix every weapon as well ..... with these fixes that everyone wants you're forgetting that it requires heaps of balance testing and its not as simple as remove this or that. Nerfing every positive aspect of the Healing Light is not going to make this game better.

Koshinn
22-11-04, 20:02
Anyone who is ready for a fight usually has a PPU strapped to his back like a siamese twin. I can and will drop a tank with 1 full clip of First Love or Healing Light if he's standing there like an idiot unbuffed.

Don't assume that. I rarely use a PPU, and only if I'm outnumbered more than 3 to 1. The groups I go with are usually tanks or PEs, no PPUs at all.

Have you even played a spy with a Healing Light? o_O

Yes. Many times.

If I stood right next to a tank with a Cursed Soul and my spy with Healing Light ... both unbuffed and both not moving ... then have a person counting down so that you both start firing at the same time ... the Healing Light will lose most of the time (if not every time). The rate of fire for a Healing Light is fire burst then wait about .75 seconds then another burst ... a CS and HL can fire a barrage in no time with less than half a second between each burst.

That's the spy's defense, not the weapon's strength. Even that the HL spy without shelter can sometimes beat a CS tank in a damage/defense test means it's a little too strong. Try use a drug spy for shetler/deflector or a PE with HL.

I'm not totally saying that the Healing Light has some glaring problems (eg. use of 2 shots of ammo for 3 bursts) but its in no way as overpowered as you "think" it is.

Aye, this needs to be fixed. It sucks that you end up with a couple shots before you reload.

Invisible shots ... heck even Ravagers suffer from this problem ... I've been shot by Ravagers up close that appear from nowhere.

The problems that the Healing Light has exist in every laser weapon in the game such as the Beam Of Hell and the Laser Cannon. I've gotten sniped by a tank wielding a epic laser rifle and I didn't even know it until the tank came up to my body.

Yeah, fix all lasers and ravagers and shit.

If you "fix" the Healing Light then they should "fix" the First Love ..... I go on DoY raids with a FL because the up close action requires it more than the Healing Light. I'm really annoyed at the inaccuracy of the First Love but that's another story.

Actually Healing Light is better than FL up close, but not as noticable as comparing them at long range.

And sniper rifles being what ..... silent and deadly perhaps :rolleyes:

That's fine, sniper rifles should be silent and deadly. Notice the SH doesn't have a swirly? But the healing light is NOT A FUCKING SNIPER RIFLE. It's a fucking surgical laser. YES IT IS NOT A SNIPER RIFLE, THEREFORE NOT SILENT NOR DEADLY.

That argument can be brought to many weapons laser/plasmawave weapons .... Laser Cannons from a far distance can outsnipe most rifles but that's not the most important thing on the list (again Monk-O-Cron I will say).

Yeah, but you just repeated what you said earlier. All beam weapons need to be fixed. That includes monk beams actually.

Which is a the problem with the current game engine ... if you want certain things fixed for one weapon (shot animations, blood, sounds, etc) then you'll need to fix every weapon as well ..... with these fixes that everyone wants you're forgetting that it requires heaps of balance testing and its not as simple as remove this or that. Nerfing every positive aspect of the Healing Light is not going to make this game better.
If they just fixed sounds, blood, and shot animations, I highly doubt it would require play testing. Well, shot animations might unbalance everything, knowing KK. Suddenly all the waters of Neocron will turn to milky rens. Seven days later, a horde of wee crabs will come forth from the water and cover the land. Later, untold thousands of mech beetles will torment man and warbot. After that a pest of sewer flies will rise. Then, creepers will arrive to destroy all the cattle of NC, but will save those of DoY. Mutations will then appear on people, similar to the effects of spirula. Oh no, parashock barrels will appear over the world and freeze or kill everyone, except the DoYians. A swarm of dragonflies then appeared to devastate what the parashock barrels had not. The ninth effect will be a perpetual darkness throughout the land, with a 10 ft. force fog upon all. Finally, all the first born of NC will be killed in a single night. Except there are no children, so nothing will really happen. Finally, Rezza will let the DoYians go, who will follow Moses through the red sea.. of sand.. and will part the non-existant waters with his power glove. Rezza tricked Moses and followed him with stormbots and tanks alike. But the DoYians got through the non-existant waters and Moses closed them around Rezza's finest, nearly drowning them with the massive amounts of .. air. The soldiers sat in the sands, confused at how they were supposed to die as the refugees escaped to their new holy land - Dome of York.

Weazle
22-11-04, 20:24
Don't assume that. I rarely use a PPU, and only if I'm outnumbered more than 3 to 1. The groups I go with are usually tanks or PEs, no PPUs at all.

I do ... If I can't take them down in a short amount of time then I'm toast as backup usually arrives in some form.

Yes. Many times.

No problemo then ;)

That's the spy's defense, not the weapon's strength. Even that the HL spy without shelter can sometimes beat a CS tank in a damage/defense test means it's a little too strong. Try use a drug spy for shetler/deflector or a PE with HL.

Spy's defenced are one of the many wonderful factors that people need to consider when PvP'ing ...... a spy can cap a Healing Light but most spies don't drug to use shelter .... I am considering it but I hate the drug flash. Just because you as a sheltered spy are dropping unbuffed CS tanks like flies does not mean overpowered.

That's fine, sniper rifles should be silent and deadly. Notice the SH doesn't have a swirly? But the healing light is NOT A FUCKING SNIPER RIFLE. It's a fucking surgical laser. YES IT IS NOT A SNIPER RIFLE, THEREFORE NOT SILENT NOR DEADLY.

Slap on a scope any rifle and tell me its not a sniper rifle please. The Pain Easer used to be the sniper rifle of choice before it got nerfed .... again ... another nerfed weapon that wasn't completely necessary to do so with the sledgehammer.

And chill dude ... no need for caps because your that kind of tone will not be heard by anyone sane enough to read this. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I need to accept your word as gospel. :angel:

Koshinn
22-11-04, 20:52
Slap on a scope any rifle and tell me its not a sniper rifle please. The Pain Easer used to be the sniper rifle of choice before it got nerfed .... again ... another nerfed weapon that wasn't completely necessary to do so with the sledgehammer.

It's not a sniper rifle. It's a longer ranged rifle. Pain Easer becomes a sniper rifle pretty much, but I'd beg to differ with the ray of god or first love. RoG's damage goes down as range goes up, and range is a sniper's friend. First Love just.. misses too much to be a sniper rifle.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I need to accept your word as gospel. :angel:
omg yes it does!!11 :angel: Wait.. that doesn't make sense.

Nvidia
22-11-04, 22:58
Oh god, I can see the next patch notes already after KK takes a look at this thread:

Patch 122/123 Notes
---------------------------------
- Changed weapon: HEALING LIGHT
* Firing animation visible from all distances now
* Shooting now uses two shots, not three
* Damage reduced slightly*

- Changed weapon: HOLY LIGHTNING
* Beam range slightly* reduced
* Slightly* lowered Rate of Fire
* Damage reduced slightly*

* = KKs definition of the word 'slightly' varies from that of the Merriam Webster Dictionary. The KK definition of this word means:

Slightly - Performing a horrible act of murder upon a weapon/item that makes it easy for any one class to have an advantage over the other.

:p

SigmaDraconis
22-11-04, 23:12
I wonder why nobody bitches about the laser cannons and plasma waves, I have the same problem with their beams not being seen beyond certain ranges. And RAV doesnt exactly do piss all damage :\

[KoS]Brad
22-11-04, 23:17
I have a Rifle PE who can use it, tear the crap out of people, might be overpowered but for a PE, we need someting like that, we cant be as good as any other class, seems only fair tbh... Make it Private Eye use only or something

Tostino
22-11-04, 23:18
Brad']I have a Rifle PE who can use it, tear the crap out of people, might be overpowered but for a PE, we need someting like that, we cant be as good as any other class, seems only fair tbh... Make it Private Eye use only or something
I hope you are fucking kiding...
P.S. I play a pe too.

[KoS]Brad
22-11-04, 23:27
No im not kiddin, our str can give us slightly better armour, but our dex is crap compared to a capped Spy, the con is crap compared to a cap tank, and we cant do as good as a PPU, or APU if you choose that, so our biggest cap is 80 dex, we need a good rifle or pistol just for PE's so we can have a bigger role in the game, Like if the HL was only for PE's, we could smack people about more in Op wars. IMO its only fair, the tanks get their high damaging CS in short time, the Holy Lightning tears people apart and a spy with a HL can do more damage than a PE. Way I see it is we should get atleast one special weapon for us.

Jesterthegreat
22-11-04, 23:52
Brad']No im not kiddin, our str can give us slightly better armour, but our dex is crap compared to a capped Spy, the con is crap compared to a cap tank, and we cant do as good as a PPU, or APU if you choose that, so our biggest cap is 80 dex, we need a good rifle or pistol just for PE's so we can have a bigger role in the game, Like if the HL was only for PE's, we could smack people about more in Op wars. IMO its only fair, the tanks get their high damaging CS in short time, the Holy Lightning tears people apart and a spy with a HL can do more damage than a PE. Way I see it is we should get atleast one special weapon for us.

you sir are an ass.

so much stuff has been said in the last couple ofpages since i posted last that i disagree with... but this is ome of the top posts...

"other classes are better than me so make an overpowered gun only usable by my class?" sure that will help balance!

for the love of god... my PE has killed well over 3 cabs worth of people (i have more than 3 cabs of dogtags now) with a TL 75 non rare weapon... why is it everyonhe claims a PE is useless?

Healing light beam cannot be seen over distance - fact
Healing light makes no impact sound over distance - fact
Healing light has no "blood splatter" effect over distance - fact

taking any overpoweredness out of view for a sec thats 3 things that need looking at immediatly. people have said this is true with other guns which just makes it even more urgent to fix.

now to anyone who said a HL isnt that good... DB a tank then shoot him... note the roughly 100 damage. that makes any self buffed tank survive 5 shots when DB'd.

to whoever said "i dont use drugs so its not fair that you judge it on that"... my spy has no resists at all... i take lots o damage... should all weapons be nerfed or is that my choice for speccing my resists like that?

Dev's got nerfed cos asses didnt spec poison... KK fucked up there instead of letting people addapt. now you are using the same arguement here.

-Demon-
23-11-04, 00:02
@Koshinn

A few points for you, you keep harping on about Healing light being a medical laser..which is slightly true BUT it was converted to military use read the description.

Secondly I don't think it's over powered...I see alot of things wrong in nc but a spies weapons ain't really one of them. You state that it's not a sniper rifle and the SH doesn't have a swirly(You know why that is? To stop ppl seeing you sniping on top of hills easy by looking for the swirly) not sure what your point was on that anyway.

@Brad

PE only weapon? Don't make me laugh...you are a joat, techincally you shouldn't have access to that high weapon anyway imo or as you probably drug like a bitch anyway so after 10mins you can't see shit and i'll pop a shot between your eyes.
If you picked a PE I'm afriad you shouldn't have access to pe only weapons you are class that can never quite reach the highest tech trees.

Jesterthegreat
23-11-04, 00:06
you are a joat,

maybe they should be, maybe they shouldnt... fact is they arent as the game stands

-Demon-
23-11-04, 00:10
maybe they should be, maybe they shouldnt... fact is they arent as the game stands

Well in a way they need nerfing into a joat imo...but also a slight boost somehow. But thats techincally what PEs signed up for(joat) when clicking the create char button.

LiL T
23-11-04, 01:23
Dev's got nerfed cos asses didnt spec poison... KK fucked up there instead of letting people addapt. now you are using the same arguement here.

All I can do is laugh at that I mean oh my fucking god 130 fire and a shit load of posion was not enough ??? I went to great lengths to try and absorb that DEV's damage. POS belt viper king yeah damn fucking sure it was overpowered let me guess you had a H-C tank and used it though out the time it was overpowered ? Tanks don't have a hard time speccing enough posion for it but it totaly fried PE's in fact it totaly fried everyone. It was lag damage might not seem to hurt at first but then took 150 health off you O_o

Koshinn
23-11-04, 02:26
@Koshinn
A few points for you, you keep harping on about Healing light being a medical laser..which is slightly true BUT it was converted to military use read the description.

True. But it is still one at heart. You can take a Civic, turbo it, throw on body kits and a huge wing, cover it in shiny paint, tune the shit out of the engine and intake, stiffen the suspention and hell, even put dice on the rear view mirror. But... it's still a civic, regardless of what you do. It still handles like one, it still can't drift without the ebrake, etc.

Secondly I don't think it's over powered...I see alot of things wrong in nc but a spies weapons ain't really one of them. You state that it's not a sniper rifle and the SH doesn't have a swirly(You know why that is? To stop ppl seeing you sniping on top of hills easy by looking for the swirly) not sure what your point was on that anyway.

You'd have to read the context of that quote to get it, but I'll try to explain it. I was having a conversation with.. weazle I think (too lazy to check myself), and we were discussing what is and isn't a sniper rifle and what makes a sniper rifle a sniper rifle. The SH is a sniper rifle (obviously), but it has reasons for being such, like it's range, damage, scope, and lack of a swirly so you can't be seen. It can be silent as well. Spies weapons are wrong, specifically the healing light, but other weapons need boosts, like the other high tl rifles. I hate restating this 5000 times over, but no one seems to read the previous pages. HL needs to have a beam show, it needs to have a sound effect of you being hit, it needs to have some kind of effect like a blood splat when you're hit, or your screen shake or SOMETHING. Yet as of now, you'll only notice being hit when you're life goes down. That's fine for a sniper rifle like the SH, but not for a laser that should be seen since the way it deals damage is LIGHT.

Liebestoter
23-11-04, 03:19
True. But it is still one at heart. You can take a Civic, turbo it, throw on body kits and a huge wing, cover it in shiny paint, tune the shit out of the engine and intake, stiffen the suspention and hell, even put dice on the rear view mirror. But... it's still a civic, regardless of what you do. It still handles like one, it still can't drift without the ebrake, etc.

RP isn't really a valid argument here, but I'll bite just because I'm bored.

You can take an Eclipse GSX and tune it, and then proceed to watch it annihilate Vipers, SVTs and Corvettes on the track. It's still an Eclipse, yes, but you're getting much more power out of it. And if you were to, for some reason beyond the comprehension of mortal man, shoehorn a 454 or some other ungodly huge engine into the car, it wouldn't really be an Eclipse anymore would it?

The Healing Light was probably a medical laser that's design and innovative technologies were the basis for a laser rifle. Probably something along the lines of "Hmm, we like these design aspects. Let's use tax dollars to make them bigger, better and good for killing people! Yay!"
It's not too far-fetched, when you're thinking about monks who use their psychic powers to call bolts of lightning out of the sky, mutants and all that other shit.

Jesterthegreat
23-11-04, 03:57
All I can do is laugh at that I mean oh my fucking god 130 fire and a shit load of posion was not enough ??? I went to great lengths to try and absorb that DEV's damage. POS belt viper king yeah damn fucking sure it was overpowered let me guess you had a H-C tank and used it though out the time it was overpowered ? Tanks don't have a hard time speccing enough posion for it but it totaly fried PE's in fact it totaly fried everyone. It was lag damage might not seem to hurt at first but then took 150 health off you O_o

yeah i had a tank... i also fought tanks...

i am well aware of the damage it did, i spec'd poison and it wasnt a problem for me

kurai
23-11-04, 04:34
I wonder why nobody bitches about the laser cannons and plasma waves, I have the same problem with their beams not being seen beyond certain ranges. And RAV doesnt exactly do piss all damage :\Yep - I've mentioned it too.
The recent patch that addressed some of the problems with H-C went too far. When a tank snipes something at clipping plane distance with a CS, and more than half the shots hit you *know* something is fucked up.

But no-one is interested because tankehs are *supposed* to kill shit, apparently. But when a *spy* kills them, their panties get irretrievably bunched and a nerf is screamed for.

That said, I still maintain the Healing Light needs some fixes applied - and this is coming from a capped rifle spy.
It's been broken for a long while, but no-one really gave a crap in NC1 because only Kami (or v. low STR/CON setup) spies ever had enough RC/WEP to make it worthwhile.

Now that the recent patch has given every tom, dick and PE decent stats on it, it's suddenly an issue.

Koshinn
23-11-04, 06:52
You can take an Eclipse GSX and tune it, and then proceed to watch it annihilate Vipers, SVTs and Corvettes on the track. It's still an Eclipse, yes, but you're getting much more power out of it. And if you were to, for some reason beyond the comprehension of mortal man, shoehorn a 454 or some other ungodly huge engine into the car, it wouldn't really be an Eclipse anymore would it?

True, but you could do the same to a viper or a vette or other american cars, and they'd be better. The eclipse might be more powerful than it previously was, but regardless, it's still an eclipse, just a better one. How that applies to surgical lasers turned into the best rifle ever made is beyond me now.. I lost track of everything.

Liebestoter
23-11-04, 07:13
... the laser rifle is based on some new revolutionary way of focusing the laser, which Doctor Whatserface discovered. Kinda like how Delta Force training is based on SAS training.

Spoon
23-11-04, 07:17
I wonder why nobody bitches about the laser cannons and plasma waves, I have the same problem with their beams not being seen beyond certain ranges. And RAV doesnt exactly do piss all damage :\

heh...

If you get meh Rav nerfed with that comment, your off my christmas list.....

:mad:

Koshinn
23-11-04, 10:38
... the laser rifle is based on some new revolutionary way of focusing the laser, which Doctor Whatserface discovered. Kinda like how Delta Force training is based on SAS training.
So Delta Force is training based on SAS because they found some new revolutionary way of focusing a laser? Whoa.. scary.

Liebestoter
23-11-04, 10:40
So Delta Force is training based on SAS because they found some new revolutionary way of focusing a laser? Whoa.. scary.

I hope a sperm whale falls from orbit on to your house.

Koshinn
23-11-04, 10:52
I hope a sperm whale falls from orbit on to your house.
Only if it's a ************ Whale.
http://www.galactanet.com/comic/index.htm
Best webcomic ever.