PDA

View Full Version : Hc Vs Mc (owned)

MISS WHIP
18-11-04, 16:19
TO START THIS IS NOT A NERF THREAD.........

The other day i come across 2 tanks both with camo PA, both full health and no PPU'S to unbalance the outcome...

The HC tank using a CS
The MC tank using a POB (i think)

The MC tank owned the HC tank big time i mean is was not even close and the MC tank came away with more than half health..

Ok maybe the HC tank should get some aiming skills but still i feel sorry for any poor spy/pe that is caught off guard....

Any one else notice this........

Neally
18-11-04, 16:22
Skilled HC players can beat MC skilled players, that's all.
it's like saying a spy with a siletto is overpowered compared to an APU /66 because he was afk...;)

MkVenner
18-11-04, 16:29
the problem with MC is that its the game that makes him overpowered (stick with it for a minute), he has to wade through all your shooting in order to get upclose, but if he does your in trouble, problem is, with the Local list problems, shitty net code and lag, him getting up behind you is a cake walk.

Koth
18-11-04, 16:29
if i remember rightly a melee weapon has a freqency of max 39 a minute?
a CS has a max frequency of something like 185 a minute, tbh the classes are balanced. If i CS hits all four bursts at close range, it is perfectly possible for him to waste the melee tank before the tank wastes him. I know some Tanks that can still fight just outside Melee range

this obviously benefits them greatly, the classes are balanced its just the skills which need to be practiced - and im not saying any of you are crap pvp'ers

MkVenner
18-11-04, 16:30
oh yeah, learn to back pedal, you'd be surprised how much it helps :p (but beware of para spamming PPUs)

Dribble Joy
18-11-04, 16:32
Depends on the setups of the two tanks in question.
Did the heavy user have much poison?

Bugs Gunny
18-11-04, 16:43
I have a capped HC tank and a 50/58 melee tank.
To be honest i actualy don't enjoy playing the melee tank at all.
I can't pvp for shit with him and hits don't register, so i think i'll have me another HC tank if i ever get the cash for all those lom pills :-)

To see an example of the bugs with melee combat and the netcode, try killing a spiderbot :-)

Xeno LARD
18-11-04, 17:13
I can't pvp for shit with him and hits don't register, so i think i'll have me another HC tank if i ever get the cash for all those lom pills :-)

To see an example of the bugs with melee combat and the netcode, try killing a spiderbot :-)

Lol I remember chasing a spiderbot across a whole zone and not killing him on a melee tank :(.

Cliffraiser
18-11-04, 17:27
Skilled HC players can beat MC skilled players, that's all.
it's like saying a spy with a siletto is overpowered compared to an APU /66 because he was afk...;)

agree, if you have a good aim mc s aint a prob

Darth Slayer
18-11-04, 17:35
Devourers where made for MC tanks....... :D

Scorpius.

Bugs Gunny
18-11-04, 17:40
Nope, CS was made to shoot melee users, and learn to walk backwards a lot :-)

SynC_187
18-11-04, 17:45
1st rule, keep your distance.

Problem is if you lose your legs, your in trouble. Especially as a low-tech PE ;)

Serpent
18-11-04, 17:49
before the boost patch, mc was ok (i HAD a mc tank using the 103ish DG, beat any [insert class here]) its unbalanced now....

at the same lvl of skill and the same con setup, mc beats hc..

Miss Naughty
18-11-04, 18:12
The spider bot vs melee tank thing is funny. For some reason you can't kill a mob with melee if the mob is retreating. Not sure if it is to do with the net code.

Melee tanks do have problems hitting stuff when its laggy or the user has a low fps, HC is definetely the way to go if you ask me. The best pvp tanks I've come across are all HC.

The other day I ran through a bunch of MC tanks that were trying to kill me, it was laggy and I think only one managed to hit me once with a PoB. If he'd used a thunderbolt or elec tempest on me they might have been more successful.

LiL T
18-11-04, 18:40
Me loves H-C :angel: now making a H-C tank atm its all in the crouch and walking back wards allmost certain I will be a leg breaking whore.

Now about M-C being overpowered its only over powered if they parra you really

Serpent
18-11-04, 18:48
The spider bot vs melee tank thing is funny. For some reason you can't kill a mob with melee if the mob is retreating. Not sure if it is to do with the net code.
you can.

LiL T
18-11-04, 19:10

It is the same with every weapon don't know why it does it but it's more noticable with Melee think its cause of melee being low freq compared to say a pistol. But many times I see this damage not regestering even with a libby and its allways while there running away from me as I shoot them in the back.

Crazy Russian
18-11-04, 20:13
on my hc i just hit the legs of mc...run back a little and waste them

Freaky Fryd
18-11-04, 21:56
The HC tank could have had low ath/agl too...which would have made him look like he was standing still compared to the speed of the average melee tank...