PDA

View Full Version : no faction and hacknet?

Argronious
18-11-04, 10:14
whats the deal i wanted to play the role of no faction on my pe so i went red sl and got booted from my faction. so i fianlly got up my hack enough to use hacknet software and i hack the gr, it says access granted but i don't go into hacknet. so i try again like 4 or 5 times........... its a bit disappointing that i can not enter hacknet simply because i don't have a faction..................................... is this meant to be this way? :confused:

QuickFix
18-11-04, 10:24
aye, sucks tbh.

amfest
18-11-04, 10:38
you start off in your faction's DS or something like that ..

if you don't have a faction of course you have no where to start ;)

I believe it was meant to be this way.

QuickFix
18-11-04, 10:46
it sucks though, some people dont want to be in a faction, and this feature is ingame so people are gonna do it.

maybe it is to prevent people from going into all the faction high security databases, without fear of being attacked by 30/30 overpowered mobs, that kill in 3 shots to a fully buffed char :mad: sorry got sidetracked there.

Koth
18-11-04, 16:00
yup, what do you expect. Hacknet doesnt have a random DNS which you can just start in. Hacknet is an engineered world, engineered by people with factions, not people with no factions

nibs :P

krynstone
18-11-04, 16:09
Yeah, but in real life the GR that you hack would have to enter the network somewhere and tunnel through some kind of entry point somehwere NOT in your factions domain. I mean, not every that i log on goes through my freaking isp. I use wireless at college...wireless at the coffee shop...I'm not being redirected through the same points. It should be the same for hacknet. You can enter from anywhere not necessarily starting in your factions Domain...Faction free access points should exist. I understand that it was probably easier for the neocron programming staff to link it to faction but it should be otherwise. This is also coming form a character who accidentally left his faction while trying to leave a clan...so I'm rather annoyed. Not that I'll be high level enough soon for any hacknetting anyways...but till.

QuickFix
18-11-04, 16:24
what about starting them in the TH database?

i cant go in there fr fear if being gang ********** by the over powered mobs, im pretty sure FA dont start off their so..............

Argronious
18-11-04, 21:49
can i get an official responce from a KK employee?

kurai
18-11-04, 21:53
There was a response in threads passim from a GM saying that the arrival at No Faction status was a bug, and that the runner should report it to support for fixing.
To continue in that state deliberately would be considered an exploit and acted upon accordingly.

Argronious
18-11-04, 22:09
got a link to where this is stated and if no faction is considered an exploit gimmie Anarchy breed as a viable faction for my pe

-FN-
18-11-04, 22:14
If you have no faction - how would HackNet know what DNS to start you in and make your LOGOUT point? I would think it's meant to be this way.

Mr Kot
18-11-04, 22:17
I agree that you shouldn't always start in your faction's DNS. If u enter at an outpost's rep, u should enter the hacknet area of that outpost.

It would make more sense for factionless runners to enter hacknet at Techhaven Bridge, as that is the kind of "neutral point" between NC and DoY.

On a slightly seperate note, is it right that faction guards shoot at people who are factionless? I noticed this in Beta, but haven't seen whether it has been fixed.

Cue the smartass to say, "'Features' don't get fixed" :p

Obsidian X
18-11-04, 22:51
Yeah, but in real life the GR that you hack would have to enter the network somewhere....

How long have Genereplicators existed in real life? :p :lol:
*Runs away and reps to university*

LiL T
18-11-04, 22:52
There was a response in threads passim from a GM saying that the arrival at No Faction status was a bug, and that the runner should report it to support for fixing.
To continue in that state deliberately would be considered an exploit and acted upon accordingly.

really?

I don't happen to fucking like anyone tbh I want to kill all factions everyone is KOS.

So how can it be an exploit now then?

O_o