PDA

View Full Version : BTinternet users

LiL T
18-11-04, 00:36
Is any other btinternet subscribers getting really bad lag spikes ingame atm?

I have asked people if there getting lag and it seems to be only me plus I'm getting sick of having to log in 10 bloody times now KK o_O to free myself from sync. Now I have been unable to draw weapon or spell unable to right click or zone and it lasts anywhere up to 2 mins unplayable!!!

Nidhogg
18-11-04, 00:58
I take it you're leaving it a good 3-4 minutes before attempting to log back in when you get that permasync? If not you usually just log into the same sync you were in before.

N

LiL T
18-11-04, 01:11
Well its allmost evertime I log in :( thats the thing plus it seems to be getting worse . The fact I like to relog when me memory gets low too prevent FRE's and stuff its becomming a major pain

QuantumDelta
18-11-04, 02:43
Change ISP.
BT are actually rated as the worst ISP in England in some places.

FYI You can get the best rated ISP in the country on a BT Phone Line.

Can't remember what it's called though >.>

Begins with E or A :|

LiL T
18-11-04, 18:30
Humm I never really had that much bother with BT apart from when they first offered broadband and they were a bit shitty.

Xeno LARD
18-11-04, 18:50
BT here, same problems. Same reason for having them.

Might see about getting either Zen or Nildram. :).

LiL T
18-11-04, 19:03
So must be BT causing the lag spikes that nearly got me killed and caused me to log off in disgust. However the log in sync's are a seperate issue something is fucked in the terra server AGAIN!!! for over 2 weeks now when was the last time it was rebooted?

Xeno LARD
18-11-04, 19:39
So must be BT causing the lag spikes that nearly got me killed and caused me to log off in disgust. However the log in sync's are a seperate issue something is fucked in the terra server AGAIN!!! for over 2 weeks now when was the last time it was rebooted?

About two hours ago.

LiL T
18-11-04, 19:41
last night it was I fucking hope its not the same :(

MrChumble
18-11-04, 20:10
Yup, I'm on BT, takes me at least 3 or 4 tries to log in and I permasync all the time. :(

This isn't a recent thing though, had it for a month or so.

El Jimben
18-11-04, 20:26
I got BT broad and I've been getting ALOT of synch bugs of late, but as Nidh said if you wait a few before logging back in it usually sorts itself out. Either that of you have random stuff missing :(

LiL T
18-11-04, 20:35
Is this really to do with BT ?

OMFG i'm going scream down the phone to them cos this has been going on for some time :mad:

kevz
18-11-04, 22:52
i heard tons of ppl saying nildram pwns, so try that o_O

QuantumDelta
18-11-04, 23:26
Eclipse, that was it.

Use Eclipse.
UKs best ISP.

I'm on BY though, cheaper :p

darknessfairy
18-11-04, 23:29
aye im on blueyonder, but recently i've been gettin really bad lag...whether thats something unrelated i dont know

jernau
19-11-04, 00:02
Change ISP.
BT are actually rated as the worst ISP in England in some places.

FYI You can get the best rated ISP in the country on a BT Phone Line.

Can't remember what it's called though >.>

Begins with E or A :|
Unless there's an LLU provider in the area though that may not fix anything as all it really does is change the billing company. The lines and exchange kit (where most faults occur) won't be changed and are still run by BT.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't leave them as a) their customer service is appalling, b) they don't deserve anyone's money and c) rebuilding the line can fix problems if the ATM circuit is faulty (possible but not very likely) but BT won't do this even if you can prove that it's faulty.

For it to be a problem to all BT users would be very odd and even BT usually fix problems on that scale in less than a day. I would say it's more likely to be a problem at KK's end if it's affecting many people.

I've used a lot of the UK ISPs and the difference in terms of performance is minimal (as you'd expect) however some have better customer service. http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ has lots of consumer reviews and is a good place to look if you are changing.

Unless it's changed in the last year or two you should bear in mind that changing ISP will mean having no connection at all for a few days at least.

Oh yeah - I was having similar problems earlier in the week (haven't played since partly becuase it was too much hassle) and am on BT Openwoe but I know the connection here is shite because our entry-point looks like it was installed by a hammer-wielding orangutang and it's allergic to almost all forms of weather.