PDA

View Full Version : HL2 anyone completed it yet?

hinch
17-11-04, 14:55
i wanna know how far from the end of it i am im starting to get bored by it now

im currently in the citadel

Glok
17-11-04, 15:00
Dunno where I am lol, somewhere after um the place after the place. :D

hinch
17-11-04, 15:06
describe it ?

Glok
17-11-04, 15:08
Some kind of mine. I played all fucking night and I don't think I'm very far. Nibbish me. :p

hinch
17-11-04, 15:11
just after ravensholm? after the crazy preacher guy?

Glok
17-11-04, 15:13
yeah.

Glok
17-11-04, 15:28
So where is that? Not far at all right?

hinch
17-11-04, 15:34
4th or 5th lvl if i remember :) not far really :(

Glok
17-11-04, 16:30
btw I wanted to kill that fucking preacher so bad. Taunting me all through that goddamn town with the jumping whatever they were things. At least I had fun with the gravity gun. :)

Spermy
17-11-04, 16:54
Don't TEASE ME!

*wants it so bad it hurts*

Frikin steam... AAARGH!

*does a nut*

Glok
17-11-04, 17:05
Steam and my ATI card got me the game for free. I ain't complaining. :)

Spermy
17-11-04, 17:39
*stab*

*STAB*

*STAB!*

phunqe
19-11-04, 14:39
Lol.. I remembered that I bought a 9600XT card a while back so I went to dig up the box... and what do you know.. a free HL2 coupon.

Did I feel pleased or what :p

Downloading now :D

nobby
19-11-04, 15:03
that crazy priest made me laugh, why on earth would you wanna kill him, he has an Über shot gun :p

Spermy
19-11-04, 15:03
*Rehiterates previous statement*

Opar
19-11-04, 15:14
God damn. My eyes. Im on Highway 17, not sure how far from the end. But my god. What a game. What. A. Game.

hinch
19-11-04, 15:30
really really really shitty ending oO

oh well here's hoping HL3 fixes all the bugs/issues with the source engine and they actually fix steam operation for disc IO in the next version

hl1 had major replayability

hl2...... nope i'd give it perhaps 80% overall if i was a reviewer and could see past the fancy gfx for the game it really is.
and whats with the sound it doesnt use dolby digital properly. in h2 thats what caught me out the most surround sound

Opar
19-11-04, 20:21
Holy shit. This game rules. It kicks so much arse I cant believe. Holy shit.

Any reviewer who gives this game below 95%, should have his/her genetalia scolded with a hot iron.

plague
19-11-04, 20:36
Any reviewer who gives this game below 95%, should have his/her genetalia scolded with a hot iron.

lol, looks at hinch's post above :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hinch
19-11-04, 20:53
its ok he's just in fanboi mode he'll grow out of it

Glok
20-11-04, 03:46
hinch you doofus the ending was the same as the ending for HL1 what were you expecting? :p

WaRü
20-11-04, 04:22
finished, but the end is more or less open, maybe a HL³ in some time....

QuantumDelta
20-11-04, 04:55
Well, it's a massive improvement from HL1 IMO.

HL1 didn't want to make me replay it, it made me think "This is a fucking chore." the whole way through, for a shit ending.

HL2; Great game, joy to play.
Same shit ending.

Oh well.

Still definately prefer it to HALO 1/2 - kinda the opposite story with them.
Shit Game.
Shit Game Play.
Shit Story.
Good Ending.

msdong
21-11-04, 00:05
omg, i did it. why is it that every HL ending sucks.

all that fun in the city and then - borin steel and tron games :p

Nidhogg
21-11-04, 01:50
Be careful not to post spoilers here...

N

Xeno LARD
21-11-04, 02:01
that crazy priest made me laugh, why on earth would you wanna kill him, he has an Über shot gun :p

Jeez what kind of Preist is he? USE A FIRE LANCE, not a shotgun. Silly valve :rolleyes:.

-Demon-
22-11-04, 02:35
Completed the game...very nice. A bit of a gay ending but I think it could have been alot worse...like it was all a dream endings are the mother of all crap endings.

I'm more upset that no direct HL multiplayer was included which would have been cool as a addition. I know it's got CS source etc but DM/CTF/Coop anyone? That would have been great!!!

Still a good game.

MkVenner
22-11-04, 06:25
yeah i completed it this morning, the end seemed rushed, like the story was going strong, but then they were like "shit were so running out of time, quick throw it together". So many unanswered questions, and why the hell did they drop the OICW and sniper rifle from the weapons line up....

Maui
22-11-04, 10:30
/me <3 HL2

its so cool =]

Opar
22-11-04, 11:34
yeah i completed it this morning, the end seemed rushed, like the story was going strong, but then they were like "shit were so running out of time, quick throw it together". So many unanswered questions, and why the hell did they drop the OICW and sniper rifle from the weapons line up....

They said the OICW was overpowered. Because it has a laser sight, grenade launcher, and it was medium distance. They said it would unbalance the game. Anyway, they no loner use it in the armed forces, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Anyway....

Last night I played through City 17 levels towards to end, and complered the game. They made me realise - Half Life 2 is the best action game ever created. The pace of the levels, being surroudned by combine, taking them out, hiding behind smashed walls, sprinting towards to avoid stalkers, looking desperatley for rockets. Pinning combine to the wall with crossbows, picking up grenades with the gravity gun and launching them back at the thrower. Commanding your brave (if slightly buggy ;) ) rebels to charge towards certain death. Dodging sniper lasers, the satisfaction of watching snipers fall out of windows with a well-placed grenade. Watching striders scream and fall to the ground in a huge heap. Seeing Dog pick up cars and fling them towards Combine with relative ease. Mowing through legions of Combine with your pulse-rifle, crossbow, shotgun and Magnum. Running through buildings full of Combine, seeing couples of rebels sat on a sofa, crying on each others shoulders while bullets fly past the window. The superb voice-acting and character models. Hurtling rocks towards headcrabs, then whacking them with the crowbar just to see how the legs each move individually. The lush outdoor graphics, which run FAR smoother than Doom 3, and are just as good (and more realistic). This game is the best action/FPS/adventure game ever made. Valave had outdone themselves, and outdone every single other game available on the market. If you can spare just 27 quid, and get this superb game, as well as a great online game, do so. Do it now.

As fanboyish as the above statement may sound, it is how I feel about this game. So what if the blue hydra wasn't included? It wasn't a 'publicity stunt', which hinch said. It was because it was buggy, for example, if Gordon killed the combine that was meant to be taken by the hydra, before the hydra came up, the hydra couldn't cancel its move, so it carried out the attack where the combine should have been. It also didnt attack Gordon propelly, so they cut it. So what? The game is still superb without it.

Roll on Half Life 3. Mr Freeman, we're waiting. Or will Half Life 3 come next for Valve?

They said they plan to release levels with ubar graphics and stuff, and maybe even make a game based around the story of Eli and Alyx. I'm not sure if they could go anywhere with that though, I dono.

Polar
22-11-04, 14:13
i completed it at sunday afternoon^^

i just love Ravenholm^^

Omnituens
22-11-04, 14:46
Ravenholm > Doom 3

MkVenner
22-11-04, 15:10
Imo Alyx is dead, she's gotta be, I mean, no way she can get out of the citadel before that tower comes down :p

Another thing, remember opposing forces? Well what happened to sheperd? He directly saved the Black Mesa installation, whereas freeman saved it more indirectly. Surely the G Man would put him to work in a similar fashion as gordon?

I think ive just thought up a cool story for HL3 :p

Opar
22-11-04, 16:19
I think ive just thought up a cool story for HL3 :p

You think they'd make a game without Gordon as the main character? Go away ;)

hinch
22-11-04, 17:01
hrmp network play in hl2 ? please tell me where cos last i heard it'd been removed and the network portion was cs:s

MkVenner
22-11-04, 17:02
You think they'd make a game without Gordon as the main character? Go away ;) Hell no, but i thought summink like Resident Evil 2 :D

or why not do a mod like OF1, that takes place in that week Freeman and Alyx are stuck in the teleporter, G Man thinks Gordon is lost, so he sends in Shepard to clean up