PDA

View Full Version : What about this then?

ArgieD
17-11-04, 14:17
DISCLAIMER: The author of this post is not, in any way, having a fixation against runners who feel like attacking either in the form of PKing or PVPing within the game.

I currently play in Terra and use four characters. Three of them are LEd and the fourth is a pure tradeskiller who removed his in order to join his favourite clan. As you can guess, I am not PVP orientated really. I have killed, and on much more occasions I have been killed. Fair enough.

A great number of threads have been created discussing the validity of the current SL sytem. Lots of players did complain; others rubbished the critics altogether. Again, fair enough.

Everybody are entitled to their opinion and game style, which makes our game more interesting. Yes, I can say this with great confidence, although it was only a few hours ago since I started a glorious trek from the NC Outzone Gr to the MB GR with my non-LEd runner (by foot). Stupidly enough, I never stopped to activate any GRs and I can still remember how I managed to reach MB after all this running and avoiding mobs that all wanted a piece of me, only to get ganked trying to activate the MB GR (the one by the lap dancers)... Misery, but again, fair enough. I was killed by an allied runner, but, fair enough!!!

Then it hit me. I just had a vision about a modified neocron PVP system that is not much different to the present that would leave everybody happy, without challenging the developers coding skills much.
Analytically,

-) While outside cities' boundaries, you can draw a weapon and kill any runner, whether his faction is Allied, Hostile, or Neutral.

-) While within cities' boundaries, you can draw a weapon and kill any runner who belongs to a Hostile or Neutral faction.

-) While within cities' boundaries, you can draw a weapon and shoot at a runner of an allied faction, but no damage is registered (as in shooting at LEd players)

As a result to the above, only the following five beauties can happen.

1) No more allied noobs stabbing or throwing punches at you holding you ransom to a punishable negative SL (just remember that behind those playfull noobs, there are strong PVP alts that wait for people to lose it, so log and kill them without penalty; even hack their belts).

2) Allied Pkers may have to convert to PVPers targeting the enemy when they are within the cities.

3) No more provokative "accidental" friendly fire carried out by allied faction exploiters standing in between you and your favourite mobs waiting only for an excuse..

4) No more Constitution exploiting At-Your-Face Style. If you wanna assist your mates to raise their constitution then do it outside the cities where you can meet some enemy runners that are prepared to help you fully ;) Apartments should be classed as within the city.

5) No more allied GR ganking. Unless enemy faction runners decide to raid and make a stand. It is gonna be great when allied runners will get together to claim back their GRs and perhaps wait for another raid.

That's all...

PS Please refer to that disclaimer on the top of my post prior to replying..

Bugs Gunny
17-11-04, 14:47
You should have called in a ppu from your clan for a rez :-)

I've killed allieds in the past and i didn't feel good about it.
I know this feeling is shared by many in my clan, and i'm sure there's a lot of people that don't feel comfortable doing it in other clans either.

Stop the allied ganking, unless you have a REAL reason for it (spies etc).

If we're gonna win this war against DOY, we have to work together. And c'mon it's not like there isn't enough DOY runners to kill, now is it?

ArgieD
17-11-04, 15:01
You should have called in a ppu from your clan for a rez :-)

Don't worry, I did. Luckily, I was on TeamSpeak and there was a clannie who coud res; thankfully he turned up. Believe it or not... the person who killed me, hacked my belt, and dropped the crappy content on the floor. A LEd person standing by called Attack Queen (that's not negative naming, Mods) picked it up, waited until the PPU arrived and then gave me my pants when I was back "up and running" :) Full credits to this Runner as you don't get to meet many equally nice players in-game. He or she will have free CST / RES / REC / BAR / REP for life, as long as I play.

Though, my problem is not the trek to MB, but the unreasonable allied ganking that must stop; there will be a way, and I really hope that what I have posted earlier on can be quite instructive..

StealthyAssassi
17-11-04, 20:51
Last time I met a PK in FA sector. He was a BT melee tank. After killing him once, he came back with support... from allies - he had an allied PPU buffing him and debuffing and freezing us.
So with your set of rules we wouldnt even be able to harm that "traitor".

Birkoff
17-11-04, 21:00
DISCLAIMER: The author of this post is not, in any way, having a fixation against runners who feel like attacking either in the form of PKing or PVPing within the game.

I currently play in Terra and use four characters. Three of them are LEd and the fourth is a pure tradeskiller who removed his in order to join his favourite clan.

Makes me laugh :D:D

I really don't understand your type.
Why do you play a MMO based aroudn a pvp combat system if you don't want to interact with other runners...?

ArgieD
18-11-04, 12:35
Makes me laugh :D:D

I really don't understand your type.
Why do you play a MMO based aroudn a pvp combat system if you don't want to interact with other runners...?

Erm.. I thought tradeskills are a form of interraction. If I only wanted to fight against others I would have bothered with games like Counterstrike or Enemy Territory. Plus, I didn't realise that this MMO is purely based on PVP. Sorry... :rolleyes:

PS. I do occasionally PVP tbh, but doesn't appeal to me much. I prefer to trade with Runners and fight against mobs. It is an option; isn't it?

darknessfairy
18-11-04, 13:11
Erm.. I thought tradeskills are a form of interraction. If I only wanted to fight against others I would have bothered with games like Counterstrike or Enemy Territory. Plus, I didn't realise that this MMO is purely based on PVP. Sorry... :rolleyes:

PS. I do occasionally PVP tbh, but doesn't appeal to me much. I prefer to trade with Runners and fight against mobs. It is an option; isn't it?

yes it is an option, one that i chose as well.

before nc2 came out, all my runners were non-le'd and tbh i didnt have a problem. i got killed a few times, but nothing to whine about.

now nc2 is here you can't go anywhere without being mindlessly ganked by some spy with stealth or as you've just GR'd. I mean i fully admit i'm a carebear (as the term has so commonly been used now) I DONT pvp. i dont want to pvp. That isn't what makes the game for me.

I like hunting mobs, collecting tech parts, ppu'ing cave teams. That is what keeps me into this game. I even like doing epics.

I started a LE'd hybrid, to do the epic, i had to drug up enough to take my LE out, accept the mission, kill someone (not through choice obv), then put my LE back in (whilst hoping that my rank hadn't gone above 30)

There is no option for people who wish to take the route that i do. I want to kill mobs with other runners, but alot of the time a team won't accept an LE'd player. and also their ppu is more than likely non-LE'd. I want to do epics with LE'd players. And i want LE'd players to have the accessibilty to a clan.

Why should we get pushed aside because what appears to be the main aspect of this game is PVP. Why?

If i had the option, i'd whack an LE in all my chars now. Unfortunately they all got too high for an LE a long time ago.

If only KK concentrated on this aspect of the game as well, i think alot of people would change.

p.s before someone says "you got warned when they put the LE restriction in" ...if i knew what i know now, i would have put them in. Trust

-DF-

StealthyAssassi
18-11-04, 13:40
now nc2 is here you can't go anywhere without being mindlessly ganked by some spy with stealth or as you've just GR'd.
I got ganked by allies more often than I got ganked by spies, so please stop the whining about them.

ArgieD
18-11-04, 13:48
I got ganked by allies more often than I got ganked by spies, so please stop the whining about them.

Well he probably "moaned" about ALLIED spies...

LTA
18-11-04, 14:21
Err surely she can moan about them if thats what ganked her as if it was a tank everyday she'd probably say "Sick of gettin ganked mindlessly ganked by gr camping tanks everyday"..

I got ganked more by spies than allies so stop whining about them.

Pking is easier as a spy these days, gank every nib then stealth away or past the guards...

Not every interaction has to be a fghting interaction.

But you should just linger in safe zones to tradeskill or use the less populated zones to hunt thats what i do, more mobs, more xp, more cash less time down to pk then when wars happen i am of to the op or pp or to defened doy if i wanna fight

darknessfairy
18-11-04, 15:15
Lol cheers for that LTA :)

It is true that i get ganked more by spies than anyone else, mainly because I think that spies get a better chance at gankage than any other class, due to stealth.. and no im not saying all spies use stealth etc before people start to flame me

Dr Strange
18-11-04, 16:03
Better yet:

For allied "pking" (i prefer to call it ganking, its just as cheap) 2 possible solutions:

- a HUGE hit to the allied and your own faction sympathy, even more so if they are of the same faction as you. also a HUGE hit to soulight, we're talking -50ish.

or

- remove the ability to kill an allied player be it an allied faction or the same, unless an epic requires it.

That'll solve about half the pvp style problems. The faggots that kill their own faction for fun do nothing but ruin the game for others. The small punishment they get for it doesn't compare.

For gen rep ganking, simple;

- Places like CM HQ that are avaible to any player, should be a safe zone. Just because CM tiptoes the lines between pro & anti city doesn't mean their own HQ cannot be a safe zone. Though this would be the quick easy fix for this location, it doesn't help alot of others nor will it help since too many pro city guys will bitch about it being too infavor of anti city.

- Make Runners invulnerable the same % of time that they have synaptic impairement AND make it so they cannot use ANY weapons at all including ctrl+H while they have synaptic impairement. This would solve gen rep ganking at EVERY gen rep AND prevent people from teleporting in, and starting to kill while invulnerable. Of course there needs to be a boundary limit to this, otherwise you could GR a ton of times to get really high synaptic , then go out to someplace like MB and hack dead WB's before others can cause you'd be invincible. This is more of the gray area, as to what to limit distance too; the next sync area, X amount of distance from the GR, etc. Maybe decrease the possible distance based apon the decreasing synaptic. i.e. 50% = 500 feet, it drops down to 47% that'd be 400 feet. Just an idea.

Either way those would eliminate a TON of problems that in the current "pvp" system. i'm sorry when you cannot gen rep to some place and spawn in alive, thats a fucking exploit if i ever saw one in my life. that comes down to who has the fastest non laggy connection and best computer cause if the guy synchin gets in first he has a small chance before he pops up on other screens. If not well, he spawns in DEAD without a way to defend himself ESPECIALLY with synaptic imparement.

It's fucking sad suggestions like these have to be discussed or even considered (if they have been/will be) just cause a certain part of the population (at least on Terra) likes to be complete cock smoking ASSHOLES that do nothing but live to ruin your gaming experience in neocron, be it pro OR anti city.

Bugs Gunny
18-11-04, 16:08
I have two le'd chars, and im' gonna do epics with them, then yank out le to do epic while being severely drugged up, then if i get above rank 30 again i'll just lom a bit.

I have combat chars and all, but sometimes i just need a break and hunt in peace. That's when i log my le'd runners. Soo nice and quiet.

BradSTL
18-11-04, 17:48
I'll tell you what's really sad ... the number of times I've heard both of these suggestions, that's what's really sad.

- a HUGE hit to the allied and your own faction sympathy,

That's how the game was originally designed. There's a little problem with it, though: friendly fire. You shoot at an enemy, a friend who's dodging incoming fire steps between you as you're pulling the trigger, you knick them for a couple of hit points. No big deal ... but when they die, you get just as much blame as if you'd killed them in bare handed cold blood. It's supposed to only impose SL and FS penalties if you did at least something like 20% or 25% of the damage involved. Until that bug gets fixed (and it's as old as the game, so don't hold your breath), don't ask for huge penalties for allied PKing. You won't like them.

i'm sorry when you cannot gen rep to some place and spawn in alive, thats a fucking exploit if i ever saw one in my life.
Yes, it is. And when I was screaming about this two years ago what I got was a whine that should be familiar to anyone who's followed the current update over sniping from unclimbable cliffs: it's impossible to prove that the person knowingly exploited. How are they supposed to know the difference between someone who's stuck zoning versus someone who's just standing at a zone boundary? How are they supposed to know when you finish zoning, do they have to let you have the first shot, or what?

Let's face it, what we all want is no delay during zoning. (Oddly enough, Sony does this with no problem at 10 times the player base in SWG, and their characters are a thousand times more diverse so there's more models to load, but somehow I'm not holding my breath waiting for the "Synchronizing" screen to go away.) What we'd all settle for is invulnerability until synch is complete. But there must be some software reason why they can't give it to us, because this request is also as old as the game.

Dr Strange
19-11-04, 06:41
I'm guessing the larger of the population are the quote unquote "pvpers" who consider GR ganking and ally/faction pking are KK's bread and butter. I.E. they make up the majority of KK's money that they make from subscriptions. Hence, they'll never really do anything about such things.

Hell, lets make it easier: Every time you go to gen rep a popup selection screen comes up with simple questions you answer. Would You Like to Spawn At The Selected Location Dead? Would You Like To Randomly Drop Your Best Items In Your Belt? Both questions would have only 1 option to answer with: Yes

It'd save a TON of time, that way you just GR somewhere, die, drop the items, and go on about your business.