PDA

View Full Version : Do you use vehicles? and why?

Bugs Gunny
17-11-04, 12:57
I just love the vehicles in NC2.

I've tried most of em and the only ones i don't like are the gliders, they get stuck in mid air above buildings and gr's and then all of a sudden blow up. (needs fixing btw)

Do you also use vehicles and if you do, why do you use them?

Serpent
17-11-04, 12:58
i don't use any of them....

but i want to make a driver pe, then rhino/reveeler ;)

LTA
17-11-04, 13:05
i wanted to but not sure how they fair

Whats the bomber like dmg wise? Would it be worth gettin 90 int etc to fly one for a tank to bomb ppl at ops?

I heard the rhino is quite hard on the other hand tho

BradSTL
17-11-04, 13:05
I don't understand how anybody other than a tank can stand to be out in the Wastelands without one, certainly not out tagging genreps and such.

In over a year of driving around the Wastelands with a roughly xx/50ish spy on an ER Hovertec v.1, exactly once did I get knocked off of my bike. It took something like 6 level 100+ mobs with ridiculously long range weapons to do it, and if I'd been wearing power armor or had one tiny bit of luck getting over the next hill first, I would have made it. Almost everything else, I was able to outfly before it got off a shot. Once in a rare while, like accidentally buzzing through a cluster of two Warbot Titans and a Warbot, I got hit twice.

Hovertec means "I don't have to deal with anything if I don't want to."

Yin
17-11-04, 13:09
Naja, my brother one flyed with his */31 droner in 10 Anarchy Breeds on his hovertek, since it was so fast, he didnt saw them from distance :)

Was a nice trip to get the bike back.

Otto
17-11-04, 13:15
About a week ago i found a DOY glider on the ground outside TH. I wanted to take a closer look at it and to my surprise I could enter it. And to my next suprise I could also fly it. I can note that I have 0 in vehicle use and it was not my glider. I used it for a short while until I crashed it and ended up with a lot of metal pipes, computer junk and stuff on the ground. But it was fun as hell :-)

naimex
17-11-04, 13:17
No I donīt use vehicles...

I have better things to spend my skill points on than transportation..

and besides.. theres a gr in almost every sector anyways.

Renetschi
17-11-04, 13:27
One of my chars is a (V)HC-PE, so i use vehicles as often as I can.

Rhinos for insecure or unexplored areas.
Heavy Scorpion Trike for hunting.
Revelers for hunting in a Team.
Combat and noncombat Hovertec to get from A to B.
Speedbikes and Wheelers just because :)

I cant use gliders at all (Int 55).

Liebestoter
17-11-04, 13:35
DoY bombers are fun. Fly around, gun people down, blow things up.. and when there's too many of 'em with rocket launchers, fly away~

[TgR]KILLER
17-11-04, 14:14
never used vehicles much. in nc1 i only used them for epics and stuff i'd just remove my moveon / ppr and pop in a veh 1+2 and drive a hovertech to get around fast.

main reason i don't use vehicles is because i would gimp my chars by giving them veh skill :p

Darz
17-11-04, 14:30
I often use Vehicles, got 4 Chars and all got at least 25 vhc. As long they are not highlevel or capped they gotta keep their driving skills and one of them becomes a combat driver. I use them for a quick ride to a hunting ground or to the next cave. Tank, Spy and a Reveller are a quite good Team to collect some Rareparts.
All i am a bit dissapointed about is the restrictions for Advanced Assault Glider, i am still wondering how to fly this sweety and its way to hard to hit your target as a gunner cause the worse camera setting.

Redburn
17-11-04, 14:34
Yes my near-capped H-C tank drives the NExT epic vehicle, I use it to hunt for rares in fire mobs. You can't beat for taking down a Grim Chaser. Have another spy that I'm working on to drive some of the other combat vehicles.

Bugs Gunny
17-11-04, 14:39
Doy bombers rock. If your pilot repairs that is :-)
They are a little weak armorwise, especialy since they are so expensive to buy and repair.

Rhino costs about 260k to build, has the same armor, and needs 60 nanites per click
Bomber costs at least 3 times more and needs 100 nanites per click.

Glok
17-11-04, 14:53
I'm gonna be getting 25 vhc on 2 of my chars when epic time comes around.... freakin loba village. Then it gets lomed away. :lol:

Bugs Gunny
17-11-04, 15:09
Loba village is easy. I'll drive you there and back for 50k unharmed in my reveler with ppu driver :-)

Spermy
17-11-04, 15:11
I don't use them now.

Used to in NC 1 though.

That said I wouldn't mind sitting in a rhino turret at some point :)

hegemon
17-11-04, 15:19
I have a LEd driver PE that completly rocks for harvesting rares from fire mobs and warbots. The only bad thing about vehicles is that there aren't many areas with high-level mobs to fight. The only time I've died when on my scorpion trike was when I got surrounded by 5 doy bots and tried to fight them instead of driving away. Dealing with 3 grims at the same time is not a problem if you have your resists and armor right.

Something that would make me even more happy with driving would be an outdoors gogo at MB (they are at all other places with "garages") and some outdoors citycom at DRT or MB or Battledome for missions. And an ammo vendor at DRT.

Taking out the LE from a driver is a very bad idea because many people run faster than the vehicle and every time I drive past a group of anti-city in the canyons I get a large following that is trying to blow me up. Vehicles are too expensive to allow that. I've even had a few incidents where people almost blew up my trike when I was hacking a warbot.

MkVenner
17-11-04, 18:31
yeah i use vehicles, Trike, Carrier, Rhino, Reveller, prety much for hunting tho, had a glider, had a few, they keep blowing uo, theough no fault of my own

amfest
17-11-04, 19:10
Something that would make me even more happy with driving would be an outdoors gogo at MB (they are at all other places with "garages") and some outdoors citycom at DRT or MB or Battledome for missions. And an ammo vendor at DRT.
You could always go one zone east of MB as there is a gogu there near a fence area. Seeing as you're in a vehicle it isn't that long of a drive to there so there really shouldn't be any problem with using that gogu in the fence area house.

msdong
17-11-04, 20:13
VHC are cool. i use them to hunt, to drive around ppl, to just make a patroll in the desert, to "try to kill" enemys. i cant await VHC themeweeks.

€: if i where not TG to the bone i would be a loayal NEXT member.

hegemon
17-11-04, 20:29
You could always go one zone east of MB as there is a gogu there near a fence area. Seeing as you're in a vehicle it isn't that long of a drive to there so there really shouldn't be any problem with using that gogu in the fence area house.

It's not a huge problem. I just think it's annoying to have to throw away a huge pile of ammo every time I have to land at MB (it happens rarely). When I hunt in the area, I prefer to use Battledome as the base. Gogos near garages are important because there is no way in hell you could carry enough ammo and repair nanities to a vehicle (even with lots of TRA, which there is no point in getting since a well-armed driver is always overloaded).

It's just that I think small annoyances are often as important to fix as huge bugs. In most cases people learn how to work around huge bugs and forget about them (especially if they happen often enough). While small annoyances are never forgotten and the frustration builds up over time.

Btw. One easy way to give us drivers a citycom would be to remove the fence around the gogo and terminal at the Twister bar in I09.

Birkoff
17-11-04, 20:42
ROFL could u make a more biast poll?... some ppl....

I don't use vehicles b/c i don't like them, they arn't to expensive and there very handy.

I've had fun in am ates bomber but there stupidly overpowered or far to cheap :)

Clive tombstone
18-11-04, 00:50
heh, Ive been a vehicle user from the very beggining, and I am a loyal NEXT member to boot, Personally, I dont really like how I lost my favorite Assault trike in the Nc2 (Im well aware that vehicles could not have been transfered, Im just saying it sucks :p ) Seeing how my PE driver/rifleman/repairman/hacker (whom I avoid most PvP like the deseased rats because of this :D ) I still manage to have fun, but since I dont have my trike anymore, money is a little harder to come buy, whatever, ill get one eventually.

as for gliders, I use a scouter (drug free) and I tell yah, there fun to use, but my advice, master the usage of em at the race track, and youll be glad you did, I just wish i could the hover carrier, it looks so damned fun to fly, I just dont want to cap a Spy to do so :rolleyes: