PDA

View Full Version : Settle an argument for me.

Liebestoter
17-11-04, 11:20
I know dick about monks - besides the fact PPUs are annoying and APUs hurt too much.

My friend says - "Every point you put in PPU cancells out APU, and vice versa."

Is this true? I think not. Hybrids wouldn't be remotely viable then.

Post here and shed light on the matter so I may link the thread to him as proof.

Thank you.

MrChumble
17-11-04, 11:24
Having any APU (or PPU) used to reduce the stats of the other. I think it used to be a 5% reduction, then was dropped to 2%, and has now been removed as the spell reqs do the same job.

cMz
18-11-04, 10:57
PPU used to take 30% off of your APU, and APU did the same to PPU.
Some time ago it was put down to 5%, and then a bit later removed because spell requirements was put up for the mid level spells, so there was no need for the negatives anymore.

SorkZmok
18-11-04, 11:04
Was removed again.
Hybrids are viable. And in some cases, way too powerful. :(

Renetschi
18-11-04, 11:30
The 30%, later 5%, reduction was removed.
That means, all your skilled points work like a pure apus or ppus.

I don't think they are a way too powerfull. Of course he is really good in 1 vs 1, so do for example spys in a large area. But in team vs. team, they are like any other class.

BradSTL
18-11-04, 17:59
The 30%, later 5%, reduction was removed.
That means, all your skilled points work like a pure apus or ppus.

I don't think they are a way too powerfull. Of course he is really good in 1 vs 1, so do for example spys in a large area. But in team vs. team, they are like any other class.
I started a "Preacher" (hybrid) yesterday while waiting ... interminably ... for patch 122 to fix my drone HUD. It took me 6 hours (solo the whole time) to get to rank 9/12, where I was soloing 27/27 Aggressor Captains, and had as much as a 95% chance of surviving against two of them, with my free TL2 Crahn Energy Bolt, using only store-bought armor and a single TL3 PPU spell that wasn't provided to me at character setup time.

Not overpowered? Try that with a pistol, rifle, cannon, or drone user.

Frotto
18-11-04, 18:08
all classes are not equal. If you started a tank it would only have taken you 45 - 1hr to solo 2 agie caps (melee atleast) and my pe was running around with agie caps after prob 3 hours of playtime. monks learn slow. 6 hours is a long time

hinch
18-11-04, 18:08
its possiable with all classes :) not just hybrid i lvled my hc tank with given nade launcher to /35 on aggies and launchers without a ppu up my ass

Renetschi
18-11-04, 19:49
with my free TL2 Crahn Energy Bolt, using only store-bought armor and a single TL3 PPU spell

omg, nerf teh energy bolt *fear* ... just kidding :angel:
I don't think that theres a problem in the lowlvl area of hybrieds or any other class. And if Aggressors are too hard for a pistol user s/he can do some sewer missions. There will allways be different lvl spots for different classes. Droners prefer poison caves, for example.

Xeno LARD
18-11-04, 20:12
omg, nerf teh energy bolt *fear* ... just kidding :angel:
I don't think that theres a problem in the lowlvl area of hybrieds or any other class. And if Aggressors are too hard for a pistol user s/he can do some sewer missions. There will allways be different lvl spots for different classes. Droners prefer poison caves, for example.

Droner's don't like poison caves. Drones + water = dead drone :(.

Renetschi
18-11-04, 20:16
Well, my droner loved the grave ...

BradSTL
18-11-04, 20:16
if Aggressors are too hard for a pistol user s/he can do some sewer missions.
Do you realize what you just said? "If level 27 mobs are too hard for a pistol, rifle, drone, or cannon user after the same amount of time, they can fight level 6 mobs instead"?

Renetschi
18-11-04, 20:22
In fact every class is able to kill aggressor captains. As a pistol user it is, of course, a bit harder. So I choosed the next lvl below that I would do. Missions are missions. You only need 4 to 5 psi to cast a heal, so why not making sewer missions to gain those psi?

/E: or other way round:
if my hybried couldn't kill aggressors, i would do sewer missions.

/E2: well... if you dont like the big difference (27-6), imagine i would have said mutant bats (those 25ish bats, i think).

OpTi
18-11-04, 22:12
I started a "Preacher" (hybrid) yesterday while waiting ... interminably ... for patch 122 to fix my drone HUD. It took me 6 hours (solo the whole time) to get to rank 9/12, where I was soloing 27/27 Aggressor Captains, and had as much as a 95% chance of surviving against two of them, with my free TL2 Crahn Energy Bolt, using only store-bought armor and a single TL3 PPU spell that wasn't provided to me at character setup time.

i got to /20 in a few hours on my HC PE, had a little help from a tank who healed me for the first hour till i could heal myself but was a breeze tbh.

jernau
19-11-04, 00:19

Six hours is a lot of time in NC levelling terms.

APUs and hybrids don't need to upgrade weapons as much as other classes and hybrids can PPU themselves but other than that there's not much difference at that level. Tanks and PEs are at least as quick if done right.