PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Item transfers / Cash transfers.

Quake
17-11-04, 06:17
If anyone played Final fantasy XI you prolly know about the advanced trade system they had, with the auction thing and the way you could send items to a character trough a bank thing.

This is the idea:

Make the gogu's banks where you can store items and cash, but also with a send function to send items and cash to other characters. Dunno if it's a hard thing to do but it would realy help.

And make an Auctioner in each HQ or something that is linked to other allied HQ's where you can sell your items that you dont need anymore for a price that you set yourself.

Tidus_Origin
18-11-04, 12:04
I agree with the item sending feature. It'd be a lot easier to share cash/items between your alts/clan members.

It'd be invaluable for constructors/researchers as well.

For constructors, they could DM people who wanted their services to send the parts/BP(/grease) through the GR. Once the build is done, they simply send the items back.

A high-TL researcher in a clan could recieve all the unressed rares from a rare hunt, res them and give them back.

If this feature was implemented, the trading would become a lot easier (especially if one of the people who wanted to trade was in the middle of the Battle Dome)

When KK eventually implement the player shops, you'll be able to sell your unwanted items for your own price. :D

Quake
21-11-04, 23:50
I think this needs attention :D

Fafhrd
22-11-04, 00:26
I think this needs attention :D

yep - as its a good idea

Xeno LARD
22-11-04, 00:35
Sounds good. Maybe a fee though, as the GR network is a.. network.

Spermy
22-11-04, 00:51
YES! YES!

5 stars

athon
22-11-04, 00:58
I disagree with this idea. The reason is that this is an MMORPG - emphasis on Massively Multiplayer. Now what's the point in that if you perform all trading via forums / email / bank transfers without ever meeting? You might as well play a single player game IMO. As far as I can see the only use for this method is for those who can't / don't want to run 2 accounts/clients yet want to be able to play this as a single player game - which is not how it's meant to be played.

The way the game works now is excellent and doesn't need changing (with the exception of the lack of player run shops, (which I support because they will increase the value and profit in being a tradeskiller, and will hopefully generally replace smugglers and NPC vendors) which are hopefully coming soon *hint hint KK*).

Athon Solo

Quake
22-11-04, 01:09
definitly a fee, like any bank.

I mean for example look at western union those greedy bastards :D

Quake
22-11-04, 01:17
The thing with player run shops, would pretty much be solved with the auction system. This is how it would work.

Johnny, puts up a cursed soul for auction and sets a price at the auction house in Techhaven.

Benny, Goes to the auction house in DoY and see's this Cursed soul up for auction and decides to buy it.

Johnny, gets a mail that 1 of his items has been sold at the auction house in techhaven and that his money has been transfered to his bank account, which he can pick up in the send item thing.

The auction dealer charges 5% of the total sell value before the item has actually been sold (to stop junk dealers) I mean no one wanna pay 500k for a can of coke that he never gets sold anyways will he?

Also items could be categorized for item types, IE: HC weapon, Rifle weapon, Drugs and whatever.

I think it would be a sweet addition, what do you think?

athon
22-11-04, 02:06
The other biggest problem with this system of course is that money is not the only commodity. Many, almost certainly most, transactions take place on an item(s) for item(s) basis. Neocron isn't like some other MMORPGs I've played where life is a constant struggle for cash. Cash is relatively easy to obtain, but most of peoples wealth is generally tied up in items (MC5's, rares, high stat items, soon almost certainly WoC items will be added to the list too).

An automated auction system would not be able to handle items, particularly as player X may not want an MC5 SA, but may want 50 unressed rare parts instead, while another player would prefer the MC5.

Athon Solo

Quake
22-11-04, 05:26
No you're right, and this way perhaps we could get the economy somewhat more balanced then it is right now, it would make the NC credit more valueable again. Thats not a bad thing is it? There are also other ways to fix the economy, Auction system could also be based on points, unfortunatly there isnt alot of "raw materials" or valuable parts that is being traded.

But lets say for example:
50.000 NC credits = 1 point
1 Unidentified tech = 1 point
1 Unidentified MC5 = 10 points

I mean assuming you wanna get this missing MC5 part, how much easier wouldnt it be to just look on the auction to see if there is any listed. Instead of spending hours and hours on trade trying to get it? Everyone knows how frustrating the trading can be in this game.

Cytaur
22-11-04, 08:44
The infamous World of Warcraft that hits retail stores TOMORROW, has an unchallenged mail system.

It has many uses. You can send a letter including an attachment of money and/or one item. Regular postage fee is 30 copper (which is relatively cheap). Items can be sent C.O.D. (cash on delivery) so the receiving party either accepts the charge to receive the item in their inventory or return it. Mailbox is also used in conjunction with Auction House. When you bid there, your money is directly taken from you until either you win the auction or you get outbid. In that case, you receive your full amount via mail. Also when your item gets sold, you receive your cash along with the deposit fee you paid when you started the auction. If your item isn't sold, you receive the notice alone with your item in the letter (and the deposit fee is sucked in to AH).

The system is flawless and almost like real life. You can buy gift wraps (blue/red and maybe others that I haven't seen) that put one item to create a "mystery package". The postage fee and the delivery time they just add immersion factor into the game. On the final note, make sure you spell your addressee name correctly, or it'll end up in the mazes of mail processing room forever.

Birkoff
22-11-04, 10:13

It would make item transfer a LOT easier and secure between friends/clans and alts. Surely a very easy thing to implement as well.

athon
22-11-04, 11:38
No you're right, and this way perhaps we could get the economy somewhat more balanced then it is right now, it would make the NC credit more valueable again. Thats not a bad thing is it? There are also other ways to fix the economy, Auction system could also be based on points, unfortunatly there isnt alot of "raw materials" or valuable parts that is being traded.

But lets say for example:
50.000 NC credits = 1 point
1 Unidentified tech = 1 point
1 Unidentified MC5 = 10 points

I mean assuming you wanna get this missing MC5 part, how much easier wouldnt it be to just look on the auction to see if there is any listed. Instead of spending hours and hours on trade trying to get it? Everyone knows how frustrating the trading can be in this game.

What's wrong with the damn economy now? Player shops will increase items distribution and give a certain value to cash - which still actually has a value, expecially compared to pre-wipe.

As for auctions, people currently seem to hold them nicely on the ingame forums or at auction events (mini versions of which could easily be held by a single person who wants to auction some items. Especially when player-shops come to TH, I would be extremely surprised if this doesn't happen). And you points system totally fails to cover the point I made in my previous post about some items being worth more to some people than to others.

Your assertion that there is little item-for-item trading going on is false. People are very frequently trading one item for another. It goes on on the trade channels and on the ingame forums. This item-for-item trading will only increase as the value of cash inevitably falls.

You can also very easily hold auctions over the trade channels - many people did in Neocron 1 (tho I admittedly haven't seen it happening in NC2 yet, but I think that's just because we're still in the early stages after the wipe where many people haven't reaccumulated the wealth (cash or item based) that they had pre-wipe).

As far as I can see this would be a pointless system that would be used only by a very small percentage of players.

Athon Solo

Yelly
22-11-04, 12:36
I like the idea for auctions....
And there has been auctions on trade...
It looks like this ....
Auctioning mc5 SA starting bid 1 mill...
omg they noob buffed me in op war
shut it *censored*
1.1 mill
omg you nib stop n00b buffing us
You do it all the time
1.2 mill

I do not think having auction over trade is a nice idea
and you never get the ppl to stop talking like that on trade chan
So I go for the mail system...
I do not think it is that difficult either to make it but possibly I am wrong
But 5 star it is ;)

Quake
22-11-04, 14:45
Athon, everyone has the right to an opinion, but im pretty sure that if you actually get to see this system in action you would change your mind in about 2.5 seconds.. Thats a promise :)

Darken
22-11-04, 15:12

5 Stars, put it in !

athon
22-11-04, 16:37
It looks like this ....
shut it *censored*
1.1 mill
You do it all the time
1.2 mill

But 5 star it is ;)
That's basically a seperate issue that IMO needs attention from the GMs and KK. What you don't mentioin yet again is the spam that happens on non-trade channels from traders. I am frequently seeing things like:
Alliance> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Faction> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Trade-TH> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Trade-DY> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Servcie-TH> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Service-DY> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Help> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
OOC> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
(And I'm sure other channels if I had them activated). Non-traders are nto the only people guilty of vast amounts of spamming.

There have recently been auction events held, which have reportedly had good turn out. Why not just have more uaction events on a regular basis? We have ap layer neutral location where events can be held.

Personally I am currently of the opinion that the most needed feature currently is player shops. Once those are in we'll be able to see what effect that has on the economy, and whether or not people actually use them, then we can start thinking about an auction system. At the moment I don't think an auction system is needed.

Athon Solo

Spermy
22-11-04, 16:49
That's basically a seperate issue that IMO needs attention from the GMs and KK. What you don't mentioin yet again is the spam that happens on non-trade channels from traders. I am frequently seeing things like:
Alliance> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Faction> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Trade-TH> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Trade-DY> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Servcie-TH> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Service-DY> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
Help> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
OOC> Idiot: Constructor 220/150 / Repair 200/150 - DoY City Center
(And I'm sure other channels if I had them activated). Non-traders are nto the only people guilty of vast amounts of spamming.

There have recently been auction events held, which have reportedly had good turn out. Why not just have more uaction events on a regular basis? We have ap layer neutral location where events can be held.

Personally I am currently of the opinion that the most needed feature currently is player shops. Once those are in we'll be able to see what effect that has on the economy, and whether or not people actually use them, then we can start thinking about an auction system. At the moment I don't think an auction system is needed.

Athon Solo

That said ath - not everyone has every concievable channel open.

If on trade - yes I do use all trade channels except MB - and occasionally I will offer things only to the faction. But the max amount of channels I have on at any one time is no greater than 5.

Alliance - I never have on.

athon
22-11-04, 17:59
That said ath - not everyone has every concievable channel open.

If on trade - yes I do use all trade channels except MB - and occasionally I will offer things only to the faction. But the max amount of channels I have on at any one time is no greater than 5.

Alliance - I never have on.
Maybe people don't have trade channels open because they don't want to do any trading. If you're trading, please use the trade channel. If people are buying / selling stuff then they are likely to have that channel activated. There should be no reason to advertise on any more than 2 trade channels (and no others) at any one time.

I just think it's hypocritical of traders to whine about people talking on 'their' channels, then they spam away on all the other channels. If some kind of policy is going to be enforced, it's got to be both ways.

Under the suggested system there's nothing to stop traders spamming every channel, therefor I suggest remove of the chat / command history (up arrow) and the blocking of any messages with exactly the same text for ~30 seconds.

If people start working around this by altering their messages by adding a character on the end, then perhaps we need additional rules to say that atleast 50% on the message needs to be different from the previous message.

Athon Solo

Yelly
22-11-04, 18:48
The post about that skill you posted happends once in 24 hours.
As we all know trade and those are mostly spammed with other stuff
And I donīt bother to auction out stuff.I sell stuff now and then on trade
but would be way more if it would be possible thrue mail and stuff

Krazygluon
15-12-05, 20:43
Who know's maby santa-crahn is watching, I just wanted to add my .02NC on the mail/xfer idea.

A few have argued against it on the basis of its potential to destroy the real player-to-player economy, and how it makes the game become more of a 1on1 experience.

I have 3 interjections to this:
1) so what? single-player Sci-Fi RPG is sadly a deficient category in PC gaming. If the people who love those games want to try to warp a similar category into doing the job for them, why not...they'll soon learn a mail system won't solve all their problems anyway once they get past the point where their 4 chars can't just buy the crapola version of a weapon at a store, xfer to their resser, xfer bp's to their engineer and xfer the final product back to their Assasin/Gentank/PPU/whatever that gets all their cash. Also, if it makes those people want to play the game more...thats more cash for KK.
2) At the early stages in the game getting res/con done for you by higher level players can be painfully expensive to you and annoying for the higher level players. In my experience, "can i get a TL10 res?" doesn't get answers near as quick as "can i get a TL 90 res?"
3) for those who still don't trust other players with their hard-earned just-bought items/datacubes/whatever, it offers security. moreso, for those xferring lots of cash from main to an alt it eliminates the risk of asking the wrong person for a favor.

That said, I highly advocate a fee-per-mail system and maybe even some kind of weight/size based postage to make mailing heavy items/weapons expensive (which would try to re-balance things toward getting other people to help you to begin with, but leave the mail system there to deal with trivial things)

in fact, triviality is my biggest argument for this. interacting with other players is great and it should be required by the nature of an mmo. that said, asking players for lots of trivial favors can get annoying for both sides and a workaround would be nice.

The Krazy Gluon

Spermy
15-12-05, 23:10
Who know's maby santa-crahn is watching, I just wanted to add my .02NC on the mail/xfer idea.

A few have argued against it on the basis of its potential to destroy the real player-to-player economy, and how it makes the game become more of a 1on1 experience.

I have 3 interjections to this:
1) so what? single-player Sci-Fi RPG is sadly a deficient category in PC gaming. If the people who love those games want to try to warp a similar category into doing the job for them, why not...they'll soon learn a mail system won't solve all their problems anyway once they get past the point where their 4 chars can't just buy the crapola version of a weapon at a store, xfer to their resser, xfer bp's to their engineer and xfer the final product back to their Assasin/Gentank/PPU/whatever that gets all their cash. Also, if it makes those people want to play the game more...thats more cash for KK.
2) At the early stages in the game getting res/con done for you by higher level players can be painfully expensive to you and annoying for the higher level players. In my experience, "can i get a TL10 res?" doesn't get answers near as quick as "can i get a TL 90 res?"
3) for those who still don't trust other players with their hard-earned just-bought items/datacubes/whatever, it offers security. moreso, for those xferring lots of cash from main to an alt it eliminates the risk of asking the wrong person for a favor.

That said, I highly advocate a fee-per-mail system and maybe even some kind of weight/size based postage to make mailing heavy items/weapons expensive (which would try to re-balance things toward getting other people to help you to begin with, but leave the mail system there to deal with trivial things)

in fact, triviality is my biggest argument for this. interacting with other players is great and it should be required by the nature of an mmo. that said, asking players for lots of trivial favors can get annoying for both sides and a workaround would be nice.

The Krazy Gluon

Nice post, shame about the bump.

Argent
16-12-05, 01:11
Bump. Bad. Lock.

Asurmen Spec Op
16-12-05, 01:20
I disagree with this idea. The reason is that this is an MMORPG - emphasis on Massively Multiplayer. Now what's the point in that if you perform all trading via forums / email / bank transfers without ever meeting? You might as well play a single player game IMO. As far as I can see the only use for this method is for those who can't / don't want to run 2 accounts/clients yet want to be able to play this as a single player game - which is not how it's meant to be played.

The way the game works now is excellent and doesn't need changing (with the exception of the lack of player run shops, (which I support because they will increase the value and profit in being a tradeskiller, and will hopefully generally replace smugglers and NPC vendors) which are hopefully coming soon *hint hint KK*).

Athon Solo
Asurmen agrees with Athon, who needs to ever see people then?
I see NO reason why to allow transfer directly to alts, this is a RPG, FFXI was supposed to, but nowadays its just a money hungry franchise and nothing good

ZoVoS
16-12-05, 02:43
i dun like the idea

:o hehe i spam every channel if i need to sell something/if i need something FAST :o

im sorry guys i know its anoying but having tested it. it works best

rob444
16-12-05, 02:58
hmm, anyone know of the old/current bug where someone's gogo will appear in your gogo? With the sever memory leak that exists right now I don't think I would like a function like this. I wouldn't want to send a 5 slot cursed soul to some unknown guy.

But it IS a good idea though. 5* ^^

Whitestuff
16-12-05, 03:34
If anyone played Final fantasy XI you prolly know about the advanced trade system they had, with the auction thing and the way you could send items to a character trough a bank thing.

This is the idea:

Make the gogu's banks where you can store items and cash, but also with a send function to send items and cash to other characters. Dunno if it's a hard thing to do but it would realy help.

And make an Auctioner in each HQ or something that is linked to other allied HQ's where you can sell your items that you dont need anymore for a price that you set yourself.

Doesn't even have to be an addition tothe gogo. Make it like in WoW where you can mail items/money to another character, even if they aren't online. Bingo, done. And it would increase the use of the mail system.

Also, the auctionhouse idea is straight from WoW and would be the easiest way for KK to address player shops.

Hunt0r
16-12-05, 04:40
It looks like this ....
shut it *censored*
1.1 mill
You do it all the time
1.2 mill

But 5 star it is ;)

I think the solution to auctions then is simple. Have channels you can book or just chat on for ONLY auctions. Called it traders channels or something i dunno. But this idea of having a send item/cash in the gogo. Sorry i have 2 tradeskiller chars and i have to say no. I have a res char and cst char. I use other ppl ingame to help them. This is a MULTI player game. And this single idea i think will bring away from that. Thought a few ideas i have seen in this tread are good imo. IE the item cost auction system. But maybe have only certain items allowed to be sold there. IE no rares(unressed or ressed) basicely a CST or Resser char can CST or res and then offer their work to anyone who can match thier price. Or something along those lines i think would be very good.

retr0n
16-12-05, 10:17
Asurmen agrees with Athon, who needs to ever see people then?
I see NO reason why to allow transfer directly to alts, this is a RPG, FFXI was supposed to, but nowadays its just a money hungry franchise and nothing good

So you never put anything in a box or dropped outside your appy & relogged?

ZoVoS
16-12-05, 13:06

who needs to when u have friends :p

Spermy
16-12-05, 13:33
who needs to when u have friends :p

People who don't? :p

Nah seriously though - I remember way back when I was a niblet, I was forced to get my own resser to res stuff for my other chars etc, and all i could was drop items.

LTA
16-12-05, 13:46
People who don't? :p

Nah seriously though - I remember way back when I was a niblet, I was forced to get my own resser to res stuff for my other chars etc, and all i could was drop items.

I used to use the crates in yo's in plaza 2 lol

there was so many bags and crates i could usually get relogged before all where checked :p

Top Idea tho and i dont see a problem with a bump if it was a constructive bump and the idea itself is good anyway i like it lol

ZoVoS
16-12-05, 14:55
I used to use the crates in yo's in plaza 2 lol

there was so many bags and crates i could usually get relogged before all where checked :p

Top Idea tho and i dont see a problem with a bump if it was a constructive bump and the idea itself is good anyway i like it lol

once got 30 vhc part 10's from them

my poor lvl 3 was overloaded. but i refused to give em back saying that was teh danger of using boxes =] mmmm i recycled them for drugs

Asurmen Spec Op
16-12-05, 15:37
Ive done the drop, but now I have friends.