PDA

View Full Version : The Job Center

-FN-
17-11-04, 04:00
In NC1 there used to be a Job Center. I believe that it's now the [unfinished :rolleyes:] Zoo. Can we please have the Job Center back and make it's function this: After you have already created your character - if you meet the occupation presets of another occupation in the main skill, you can change your listed occupation.

Point in case, I started as a Scientist as I used to Research. I now am a Hacker, not a researcher - yet every time I log in I still see that I'm a Scientist. I'd like to be able to change my job title officially and should be able to do so because I have a high Hack Skill.

I'd also like to change my clothes.

And a plastic surgeon woudln't hurt ;)

MkVenner
17-11-04, 04:20
job center is still there, in Plaza 2, probly the most unused zone in NC lol

BlackwooD
17-11-04, 04:43
I used it. As a Merc. I was able to use the CA based facility to raise my Crahn and BD syms. in order to change factions. Thanks CA for providing me the safe fuzzy comfort zone that enabled me to join your Enemy.

mumbles ....

Freaky Fryd
17-11-04, 15:01
Yes! Please put plastic surgeons in!
Everytime FN comes to me for pokes, I cringe in horror at his ugly mug...even baby Jesus quietly weeps at what can only be called a genetic assault on mankind...

As for the Job Center idea - I love it!
I have no idea what my profession is, as I haven't looked it up on the city, and my character selection screen still shows my full body instead of just the head (so it covers the text.)

Dribble Joy
17-11-04, 15:03
Job centre would be good if the citycoms outside it (In NC) didn't have the mission section, then you would actually have to go there (or perhaps your faction HQ) to get a job/mission.

Bushid0
17-11-04, 16:09
job center is still there, in Plaza 2, probly the most unused zone in NC lol
i was in there other day..............but only cos i though i wonder if its changed.

nah still same pointless building

-=BlackBeard=-
17-11-04, 17:36
lol the zoo is replacing the old nc bank lol remember having a FN in there twas funny, copbots kept killin us

i like it *****

jernau
17-11-04, 18:08
The zoo will eventually replace the Bank, allegedly :rolleyes: .

I used it. As a Merc. I was able to use the CA based facility to raise my Crahn and BD syms. in order to change factions. Thanks CA for providing me the safe fuzzy comfort zone that enabled me to join your Enemy.

mumbles ....
Eh? You could have used any citycom.

Birkoff
17-11-04, 18:21
The zoo will eventually replace the Bank, allegedly :rolleyes: .

Eh? You could have used any citycom.

I think he means killing the workers :)

jernau
17-11-04, 18:33
Ah, OK. Still there are plenty of places to do that too if it floats your boat.

Doc Holliday
17-11-04, 18:36

i think the job center is a safe zone. i think.

Birkoff
17-11-04, 20:46
i think the job center is a safe zone. i think.

Its in p2....

isn't it?

-FN-
17-11-04, 21:21
Oops - my bad. Yeah, Bank => Zoo, not Job Center.

But the original point remains, make it possible for me to change my listed occupation within the Job Center please :(

greendonkeyuk
17-11-04, 21:41
job centre in p2 is a safezone afaik. ive not been able to draw a weapon in there in nc2 anyhow.

the idea factory that is fn's head turns out another cracking idea. please make this functionality. thanks.