PDA

View Full Version : Fleshing out the Story

MkVenner
16-11-04, 23:14
ok crappy title i know but i can't think of a better one :p

n e way, last coupla days ive been bored, so i decided to go out and re-explore all that shit i found in NC1, see if it had changed, 5 gliders (more on this later) and countless broken legs later id found the same old shit plus the Temple of Ceres (very nice i might add), Juggernaught facility and Bio Labs. OZ 7 is still closed, Regants is still closed, that little tunnel (coolest tunnel i might add) next to the mutant church in OZ 5....still closed, Zoo/Mall/Bank, whatever it is, still closed, NCPD Closed, ConCenter, REclosed. And most of them have been closed since before I started playing, are they EVER going to open? and whats in there we cant see? i know NCPD was closed due to exploiting, but if theres some secret in the others, are we EVER going to get a look in there? Oh and the secret tunnel out of the OZ 9 cathedral drops you 20 feet in the air and results in broken ankles, be warned.

Granted the city of DoY is new, but its not very interesting, its got all the same stuff as NC just more pikey like.

Any way, theres so many places, for example the juggernaught facility, it's obvious something happened there, with all the dead bodies n shit, and that weird little El Farid style building in one of the desert sectors thats all closed off, whats the story there?

I Just thought it'd be a cool idea if there places had a bit more of a story behind them, with like fragments of the story on datacubes (that respawn like junk) like jounal entries from Resident Evil or Doom 3, on corpses or in lockers that you can peice together.

PS:: About the gliders, it's beyond a joke now the amount of gliders ive lost due to syncing taking too long, or FREing, hell once south of MB i went UNDER the ground. Unless long syncs and FREs can be removed crash damage on gliders should be removed, or at least lessend to the point where i can crash and it doesnt explode just is badly hurt......

EDIT:: Oh yeah, islands, what about a coupla islands? mebbe one with an old penal colony? i was gunna fly out to see what was at sea, but i didnt fancy swimming 5 sectors when my glider stopped gliding

QuickFix
16-11-04, 23:30
i know its not supposed ot be funny but lmao.

especially the glider parts :p

MkVenner
17-11-04, 01:50
hey dont laugh, crashing that many times was traumatic, sync, then bang you hit the dirt like a fucking dart :p

and i forgot Gaia, i mean WTF, some of the best places in NC and there's been no mention of them in any events or storylines (that i know of...) and Gaia 2 Facility 2 is HUGE, easily one of the largest unsectioned places in NC....

trigger hurt
17-11-04, 05:10
Agreed Mk.

Like...the ceres biolabs. Now, I expected something like these to be put in in NC 1. As the storyline there mentions secret, underground facilities where crahn etc do their research. So, I am suspecting that that is where they used to do their research, the mutants were created and ran amok, resulting in the place being abandoned, except for the mobs.

The OZ has so many nooks and crannys. Why aren't there more NPC's scattered about, wearing tattered clothing...there for RP purposes only. They can tell you the story. If you talk to the bums, you get an idea of the corporate machine that rules neocron, but what really goes on. Why did OZ turn into a festering hole?

What I want to see is less leveling spots and more places to go and run little quests. No cash reward, but rp items given out. Perhaps the quest can only be run once a month to keep the rp items from flooding the market. There are those of us who enjoy a good fight, but also like to collect stuff.

SypH
17-11-04, 05:19
Oz is sadly a wasted place. Apart from some epic NPC's scattered here and there the place doesnt get much use. Even with the smugglers I have found out there I've seen very few people there, and even then they were always at the same storage rooms leveling off launchers.

Bring some life back to OZ. Make the Industrial sector more industrial. It needs worker npcs with maybe some quests (Mechanic will give a reward if you bring him the wires/metal pipes/metal plates/chems or whatever he needs to finish a job). All I've seen out there is 3 smugglers, an all buyer, 2 or 3 epic npc's and 4 shop keepers. Stick some people in the factories KK. Even if they are just there to tell us to piss off add something to bring a little life.

MkVenner
17-11-04, 06:49
see thats what i mean, there more in the 4 Plaza sectors than there is in all 9 (well 8) OZ Sectors, Viorossos the same but only has 3 sectors....

i heard that on venus there was a secret lab some where that you could own as an OP, that'd be sweet, but im talking more about RP and Story here than that.

I pretty much just got back from Gaia 2, not been there in ages and i thought i'd check it out, that's one sweet place, but there so many unanswered questions, what happened to the company? Why did they abandon the mines? and why did the cop bots move in? (PS You have to reset position to get back out coz the ladder aint high enough, just a heads up). Actually ive been everywhere to day, went to regants, no muties still, almost got pwned but the dragon flies, that's another sweet place, wonder if we'll ever find out whats in there, same for OZ 7, or where that passage in OZ 5 leads.

PS:: OZ is all decrepid and full of mutants because the shields that protected NC from the radiation (the ones that helped start the 1st NC-DoY war) didnt cover them so they were left to fester, if i recall correctly :p

capt-o
17-11-04, 11:21
The following is only what i remember from posts but i hope it helps answer some of your questions. Everything is IIRC.

1. The places that are closed are that way due to severe bugginess (OZ7), exploits (NCPD), Remodels (zoo and concenter maybe?)

2. Regents Legacy, provided it's not being remodeled as well, is a Quake-esqe looking place. Large blackish square steel pillars and rivers of lava/molten steel. Mobs seemed to consist of the El Farid scopion variety. Never been in there myself but i had 3 or so pics of it from when a GM took a few ppl there. The mods were quick to remove them though so i don't know where you might find some.

3. All NC servers used to have a/some sectors in the ind/OZ area which would give research/construction bonuses (industrial lab a maybe?). These have been removed but since pandore is run by another group they might have left it in.

4. The island idea has been in the brainport before. I'd like to see it happen. A half sunk building (don't care what it used to be so long as it's something), swampy enviroment surrounded by all sorts of insects. Inside the abandoned building is the breeding grounds of the queen mosquito, the size of teh one outside the zoo. Protecting her are an array of lupus' lil bastards.

5. Lastly of OZ7. Apparently very buggy. The one pic i've seen of it revealed it to be a bit more colorful then other OZ sectors. The pic showed some sort of factory as apparently that sector is highly industrial. The building was green orange and yellow i think. Smoke stacks on it.
Memory is very fuzzy on this point though

MkVenner
18-11-04, 00:13
yeah ive heard that building in OZ7 referred to as the power station, and that made me think where does NC get all its power from? and where to NeXT manufacture the vehicles? and Tangent the Guns? ProtoPharma have that lab but BioTech dont have shit...any who

more story, yeah, please, i dont mind doing some work on it, infact i might write some stuff out any way, wouldn't know wtf to do with it then tho lol

BradSTL
18-11-04, 09:15
When beta4 opened up, what we were being told was that if you dropped to negative 20 SL, Diamond would confiscate your apartment and you'd be forcibly relocated to the an Outzone Apartment until you'd PKed enough people with worse SL than yours to earn your way back into the City. That's why you see CopBots everywhere in Neocron, including the Park, but not in OZ -- the original theory was that if you PKed outside of what your faction allows, you'd be sentenced to live in OZ with the other PKers.

Well, we know that two years later, they still haven't fixed the bugs in SL. So there went that idea. And yeah, I absolutely agree that it's underused. I mean for crying out loud, that's where the single player tutorial is set! But as it is, except for epic quests and Butchee Bridge, only hardcore explorers ever see 99% of it.

MkVenner
18-11-04, 15:45
yeah that'd be pretty cool, IF they ever sorted out SL, and theres tons of little, well, places all over the place, like the house south of gabanium, or old greycore, etc, none of which have any sort of background, all of which could have, with the use of a few respawning data disks etc, i wouldn't mind doing some of the work, but i aint got a scooby what to do with it, and also i got a feeling it'd never be used any way :p

capt-o
18-11-04, 21:02
What would be interesting is, provided it's possible is to make it like a sort of archeology quest.

You're, as brad put it, a hardcore explorer exploring the OZ or lower MB levels or Gaia mine. Within a random box is a TL 80 or so metal plate or piece of glass or whatever. This stuff would sell a yo's for the reg price however if a resercehr got to ress it a new description would be available giving you a clue to the story line of a place.

The successful researching of this item would spawn a new item somewhere else. This could continue, maybe using all the different tradeskills untill it culminates with the discovery/building of an item that show a sector map with an area highlighted. By going there and discovery a artifact called the Regent stone or something containing the history of the area.

MkVenner
18-11-04, 21:20
remeber the live action runs? they took place a while ago but sorta got left behind probly due to DoY, im thinking about doing summink like that, but all the things id like to do would require spawning powers and/or items i cant get hold of (like recordablte data discs)