PDA

View Full Version : new policy, removed exploit

Xylaz
16-11-04, 17:31
well, what do u think of it? I'm not very happy wiht it even if i agree with a reasoning...

MB will become again a shooting range for snipers...

[edit: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=118546 ]

/me log a sniper and GR into MB... Silent Hunters Time! :p

Plight
16-11-04, 17:34
The hills should have an invisible barrier. Like what drones hit when they try to go past a zone point.

The hills are a griefers paradise. :(

Xylaz
16-11-04, 17:35
The hills should have an invisible barrier. Like what drones hit when they try to go past a zone point.

The hills are a griefers paradise. :(

exactly

Plight
16-11-04, 17:42
Not to mention droners :rolleyes:

QuickFix
16-11-04, 17:43
actually i have been up their like a hundred times and never once exploited or even zone crashed to get their.

if you board a hovertec and drive from the eastern border of the zone just south of the road, without deviating in your path you can drive straight up the hill to the top level.

on all previous occasions i have been their, i have been told to leave by a GM, i usually ask them to wait and watch as i go back up proving that there is no "exploit" in the first place.

Birkoff
16-11-04, 17:50
As Carb said, there are flying vehicles now. How can flying onto a ledge be a exploit in the slghtest.

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 17:52
Well, i fly a bomber and when i land on one of those realy high plateau mountains, i expect to be safe from anyone but droners or people that fly.

Now, i don't expect a chasing ppu and a melee tank to suddenly appear from the ground upward right next to me. (you know who you are you little blue fellow)

High mountains should be accesible only by aircraft.
(i can imagine some places where hovertechs can get up there)
Anything else is just ridiculous

kurai
16-11-04, 17:58
Good - high cliff policy was a moronic idea to start with.

If you can shoot someone from the top of a cliff, you can be shot back in return

I never understood just what was so hard to grasp about that elementary example of `the bleeding obvious`

Clownst0pper
16-11-04, 18:57
Yeah thats right..

"I flew up here with my bomber im not exploiting..."

"Wheres your bomber?"

"Um......"

My arse

Xylaz
16-11-04, 19:20
anyways, if u see a character magically dissapear at the bottom of the mountain and then in a sec magically appear at the top of the cliff, then remember... its not an exploit :(

jernau
16-11-04, 19:52
Yeah thats right..

"Wheres your bomber?"

"Um......"

My arse
"I flew up the other day and logged off"
"Landed in another zone and ran here"
"Mate dropped me off then left"

Genty
16-11-04, 19:53
Yeah thats right..

"Wheres your bomber?"

"Um......"

My arse

Well, there are gliders that seat more than one, all you need is one pilot and they could taxi people up there, then disappear off, no way to prove otherwise really.

Crest
17-11-04, 19:02
Shooting enemies from a spot where you can not take any damage (known as safespots).

Is this introduced for Melee tanks... Anyone who shoots a melee tanks is exploiting ... :)

Xeno LARD
17-11-04, 19:16
Is this introduced for Melee tanks... Anyone who shoots a melee tanks is exploiting ... :)

Heh, I could see that getting quite annoying.