PDA

View Full Version : Genereps and imps

Koth
16-11-04, 13:27
Ok so i logged on after the patch, thinking i need to research some stuff, my researchers dead - my fault entirely.

repping him i prepare to find a tl 115 poker, looking at my imps i discover that no imps have actually fallen out WTF?

*thinks to self* bug, kk will fix this in a few days.

few days later ... i didnt see it fixed. :confused: :confused: :confused:

SO, many of you will be wondering why im moaning about this.

1. i was stupid enough to take on a copbot with my researcher spy, therefore i should suffer the consequences of having to get pokes possibly for my hawkins.
2. Since this has been in effect, there are no pokers about - they are not needed... so WTF do i do when i need a new chip poked.

3. people who poke are basically losing trade - if i get an MC5 chip poked i normally tip 40-50k. Some lucky n00b is going to get a hell of a lot of money, since every time i die im putting 10k into stocks cos i feel that someone should gain from me dying.

So when they fix this, some noob is gonna get like 300k for poking some random chip. ... lucky them :P

My final point

4. I like PvP, the thing that spurs me on to win and kill enemy factions is the fact that i can do damage to them, their items and their implants. TBH i dont enjoy killing people to have them pop out of a generep, run around like a fucker for 10 minutes while SI goes down, and then come back to waste me with 10000000000000000000 (did i miss a few 0's?) PPU's.

if im stupid enough to run into 5 apu's and attack them i expect to suffer the consequences of losing chips. simple

AlphaGremlin
16-11-04, 13:49
Yeah, I've seen a few people suggesting the bug stay, but I've just LoM'ed a fair bit of my INT into Implant skill, and I'll kill someone if there's no longer any demand for it! There'll still be people wanting to implant chips they've swapped around, and removing the dropping will cause less people to poke, and make those who need them wait for weeks, and pay colossal amounts for such a rare trade skill.

40k?! I need to get those last 15 points of Implant so I can do MC5 chips then! ;)
AlphaGremlin

Doc Holliday
16-11-04, 13:53
lol koth. they said dont get used to it. its a nice feature tho. makes up for lack of hc3 eyes. lol.

Obsidian X
16-11-04, 14:19
be wondering why im moaning about this.

1. i was stupid enough to take on a copbot with my researcher spy, therefore i should suffer the consequences of having to get pokes possibly for my hawkins.

Dude, you sound like some kind of masochist :wtf:
I don't know anyone who's unhappy with this new 'feature' other than the GR gankers who can't pop your Herc/DS at the GR anymore. Granted, theres less demand for pokers; I don't know what faction you're in but here in Neocron you couldn't find a poker when implants were popping like candy. Having them not drop had made absolutely no difference IMO, pokers just seem to be rarer these days, maybe due to the removal of safezones, I don't really know.

Most characters also poke as a secondary skill unlike ress/const, therefore you find these days that people are less likely to stand around poking other people unless theyre desperate for cash or have nothing else to do. With my monk I only poke when I'm passing, or waiting for SI to wear off.

netster
16-11-04, 14:44
how about just eleminate the skill and install poking maschines?

greendonkeyuk
16-11-04, 14:44
i usually loiter and poke when im stoned and cant see too much farther than the end of my keyboard.

nobby
16-11-04, 14:56
Koth...STFU for the moment please!
we don't want this fixed just yet!

Xeno LARD
16-11-04, 15:05
i usually loiter and poke when im stoned and cant see too much farther than the end of my keyboard.

So, if we paypal you cash when we need a cash; you can get stoned and poke us? Bonus :D.

@nobby Koth's asking for a bug to be fixed. I think it's you who should probably stfu.

Crest
16-11-04, 15:25
Bugs stay = a hit on eceonomy for noobs
So now imps out, no pokers - No one to poke noobs when they have to get new chips in

Other thing is turn around time at op wars will be greater. The reason people dont want to GR away but wait for a rez is cause they dont want the MC5 chips getting worn.... So now they just GR back (especially the defending clan) as they can wait synap off ... gives them an ADV ...

I like not loosing imps, but think it brings a certain level of un balance

NaKoth
16-11-04, 15:27
I hope KK fix this quick. Its starting to remind too much of Planetside allready :(

Koth
16-11-04, 16:54
Koth...STFU for the moment please!
we don't want this fixed just yet!

lol

by "we" you mean "you"

if you dont want this bug fixed you obviously [ edited ] cant stand your imps falling out, [ edited ]

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 17:27
You sir, are downright rude :-)

En garde!

*Pulls out sword*

kurai
16-11-04, 17:52
*Pulls out sword*That sword is two edged ...

Examples:-

[1] Some random asshat ganker kills you while you are taking on a few 120/120 mobs ... you sigh, no imps popped however, so you just wait out the SI then head back to get on with your day. No biggie.

[2] A few guys levelling in an area get sick and tired of some random asshat ganker that keeps PK'ing them while they are occupied with mobs. They team up and wipe the fucker out.
2 mins later the asshat is back, team stomps him.
2 mins later the asshat is back ... ad nauseam.

Number 2 isn't a hypothetical - it's been happening the last few days.
Let's face it - if some myg0t style fucktard gets his jollies by making other people's lives a misery and he can now do it with vanishingly little consequence ... well shit ... he's all over it. Fucking up peoples days as fast as he can generep.

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 17:58
Shurely i also want this bug fixed. i've got a poker, and you have to die a whole lot of times before your imp is actualy destroyed.

It's just that i don't mind people remaining a bit civil on forums. Hell, they can shittalk all they want ingame for all i care. you just ignore them. But shittalking on the forums always tends to kill discussions or takes them to a whole new direction far away from target.

Even if it's Nobby he's replying to :-)

LTA
16-11-04, 18:46
heh even better at op wars

If we defending we die we gr under the op wait a little sl and were back out in like 5ish mins, no waiting for pokes no gr'in to a local op unless they hack it quick.

Last night we were fighting and killing and they were just coming back out the UG killing ppus one time round was hard enough let alone havin the feckers pretty much instantly return to battle.

Koth
18-11-04, 11:22
@ bugs gunny

its nobby, he hates me, i hate him if he makes stupid replies to perfectly sensible threads then im gonna say something to him

@ nobby <click> i think you know what that means

SorkZmok
18-11-04, 11:27
Yah, that bug needs fixing ASAP. Cant believe its still not fixed. How bout a statement, KK? :wtf:

Freaky Fryd
18-11-04, 12:59
I look forward to the fix, NOT because I'm a poker (I rarely poke anyone outside of clannies or special requests) but because only 40% SI isn't enough of a downside to dying...

-=BlackBeard=-
18-11-04, 13:07
dude how can u complain no pokes needed that pwns totally, this is the best thing to happen to nc2 :D

Koth
18-11-04, 13:42
why is it people find this bug so great?

in my opinion, the people who like this bug need to stop being so bloody carebear about their fucking imps. Basically, if you dont like the way the game should be dont play it. Poking is there for a reason - this current bug makes a mockery of the skill

it screws the game up in so many ways, op fights, people just rep back into the underground of their op, it just makes things far harder than they are ever ment to be.

PK'ing - actually killing a PK'er doesnt achieve anything, they just come straight back - which leads me to have respect for those LE'd players. Is it any wonder people are choosing to use LE's when theres bugs like this which still havent been fixed after about a week?

can we please have am official statement from a GM, or some idea of when it is likely to be fixed?

(Hi Niddy, post please <3)

koth

BlackDove
18-11-04, 14:42
I'd have it as.

Warzones = You drop them.
Anarchy Zones = You don't drop them.

Don't know why, but the variety is nice.

Koth
18-11-04, 15:39
or we could just go back to how it should be ffs, FIX THE BUG ALREADY

Koth
20-11-04, 00:03
ffs STILL no bloody REPLY from KK.

SAY SOMETHING, ITS BEEN OVER A WEEK FIX THE BLOODY BUG ALREADY

Xeno LARD
20-11-04, 00:55
It's rediculous. This needs fixing ASAP.

At ops they go back to UG and wait for SI, then they're ready to go again. Fucking stupid.

When we're owning FF around their op's they're back within 5 minutes to get killed again, which it good but it gets a little tedious.

Koth
22-11-04, 11:54
let me enlighten those of you of how i play neocron at the moment.

I play - when i can, at a friends house on my laptop. Now my laptop can just about cope with NC 2, but op fights are pretty silly for me, quite lagged from both laptop and server. Now imagine im frustration when i get killed playing on a laptop.

think about that 10 times over, and you'll probably reach my level of frustration with this fucking bug.

all those of you who dont want it fixed, go play something else, if you dont like the game the way it should be, you probably shouldnt be playing it

Yelly
22-11-04, 12:19
I guess it iwll be fixed in next patch but they got other things
to add to the patch as well so that is why it takes time
I guess we will see the bug fixed in next patch along
with other bugfixes

MaGn0lia
22-11-04, 12:23
Oh shit I tought that it was just for op zones...

I tend NOT to die out of warzies, don't want to lose any precious stuff. Actually I'd like this feature to be introduced to warzies and removed from other zones, since there are few good hunting places in near OPs but not too much to cripple the idea of assfucking an enemy when he is jolly hopping in the middle of nowhere. Yes I said assfucking since not one of you have any honor in you, I mean have any of you ever said to enemy in wastes "engarde, we will have a fair fight right here right now" f that you will take the first shot in the back and have your so called "fair fight", but that is ok, I'll do it too :D

Or to you OP fighters maybe turn in other way around, there isn't supposed to be that much fighting in anarchy zones it is clearly pointed out in the message "this is anarchy zone here you CAN pull out weapon and attack runners but you WILL lose soul light and symp" so how bout you don't lose imps here eh? could retaliate those gankers faster in NC and DoY ;)

Bugs Gunny
22-11-04, 12:51
They should fix the bug soon, as right now my poke tool is gathering dust somewhere.

As for honorable enemies:
Back in the days when stealth was still a thing for pe's i was hunting on my rifle spy in gab. A pe unstealths behind me while i'm hacking a warbot and he just waits. I believe the name was soapie or someting like it. He talks to me as i turn around and just says... are you ready? :-)
I fought him long and hard, as rifle spies with sh do up close... (2 seconds). and died. But it was pretty damn cool of him to do it (off course he knew he would win, but hey, still)

Koth
22-11-04, 13:04
people like that are just too cool :P

Crest
22-11-04, 13:07
dude how can u complain no pokes needed that pwns totally, this is the best thing to happen to nc2 :D

Hmm, so who pokes noobs in the game, since you removed 70% of the demand, this equates to 90% of the supply, so no pkers and who suffers ? Not the established guys but the nobbs who can barely use the stuff, and now can't get their imps in to help them level

Pokes are needed, just no by you

They should fix the bug soon, as right now my poke tool is gathering dust somewhere.

As for honorable enemies:
Back in the days when stealth was still a thing for pe's i was hunting on my rifle spy in gab. A pe unstealths behind me while i'm hacking a warbot and he just waits. I believe the name was soapie or someting like it. He talks to me as i turn around and just says... are you ready? :-)
I fought him long and hard, as rifle spies with sh do up close... (2 seconds). and died. But it was pretty damn cool of him to do it (off course he knew he would win, but hey, still)

This was on Saturn then ? Soapie the FA, no this must have been a once off, as my clan mates had encounters with him, and it did not include the waiting for hack to complete

MaGn0lia
22-11-04, 14:33
Yeah I must admit that it will hit quite bad on the "poking industry" when the people that have the money to actually pay for something like poke are gone and all you can do is poke nibs and get like 100nc for poke :rolleyes:

I'm in for poking machines and all but is that really the answer?

And as for really honorable people I have actually PvPd there has been total like 3 in my long NC past one I can remember was a Next guy that actually aked me if I'd like to duel with him and the price was the losers belt (that was fun), I said "would you still attack me if I said no?" he said "nope" then I agreed to duel with him since he was such a nice fellow, lost him my 3 slot nib heal but he DMd me and gave it back :wtf:

Other one was this TG tank that was on a gankfest in PP3 when I was strolling through pepper in my tanky tank he asked me to pull my weapon and fight or leave the sector, so I pulled my weapon and lost but still had a smile.

And third was not that long ago some apu ppu monk duo and the apu told his ppu friend to "stand back" when I came on my rifle spy.

Now there are some lovely people that actually PvP not PK. If you are reading this it means you can use a computer, and that means you are intelligent enough to see the difference between those two things. Thank you.